Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Uhh.. Mirrorizing?

Shelly

JCF Member

Shelly is doing well so far

Feb 4, 2010, 01:11 PM
Uhh.. Mirrorizing?

I know that to mirrorize a tile you press F but i can't mirrorize events (such as hor springs) Help

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Feb 4, 2010, 02:43 PM
Events cannot be mirrored with a shortcut key. Horizontal springs will take a direction based off of masked tiles they are next to. For example, if there is a wall to the right of a horizontal spring, the spring will face left, and bounce players away from the wall. And most other directional events, such as wind can be mirrored by changing the value of parameters such as speed negative.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Feb 4, 2010, 03:03 PM
suckertubes need to have the speed entered (in the select event window) for them to work. The directions are in a X-Y value; I try to keep the directions in my head by thinking of the directions in a Point graph (However, one of the directions is inverted... I think it's the Y direction)

wind/accelerate/convear have a left/right event in the event menu, but I haven't been able to successfully use them as left/right events. A negative value on one works better.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Feb 4, 2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffie40 View Post
suckertubes need to have the speed entered (in the select event window) for them to work. The directions are in a X-Y value; I try to keep the directions in my head by thinking of the directions in a Point graph (However, one of the directions is inverted... I think it's the Y direction)
Tile coordinates do not work like that at all. The top left is always 0,0 (or 1,1 in JCS). This is generally how computer programs keep track of coordinates. There are no negative values. Just think of the top-left as the starting point.

Because of that, nothing is "reversed". If you enter a positive value, the sucker tube will move move you in the direction of increasing coordinates (i.e. rightwards or downwards). Negative values are the opposite. The same applies to wind and belts.

The left/right belt events etc work fine (putting a positive value in a left belt event will move you left).

Wind Left, which for whatever reason does require a negative value. However, the event still behaves slightly differently than Wind Right, but only in extremely obscure ways which are almost impossible to notice.