PDA

View Full Version : Making Jazz InstaGib

Michael
Sep 20, 2001, 02:54 AM
First for those of you who don't know the InstaGib rifle is a weapon that kills in one hit from UnrealTournament.

Second, I'm hearing all this stuff bots ect. nothing special about it, only teambattle turned out. I want an idea adn for it to be done! so heres my proposal.

I thaught of making Jazz2 InstaGib, it would be a simple program workign in the background or something and would:

1. set the player's memory value of health 1 when ever it goes to 0 or 5.

2. (this is only a cool idea if it can be done, I think it'll need the sorce code)

The only weapon would be the Instagib rifle (which you start with) and I think should have infinate ammo. It should fire one shot per two seconds but kill in one hit because we start with 1 heart of health.

And one more thing which I think will be cool, it will look like the Laser Shield's shot (type JJshield 3-5 times, it's the last shield in the list) and it will reach 23 tiles.

----------

I need someone that knows how to program that can work with me and a patiant audiance ;D

----------

I'm no master coder or genious in this kind of subject, I only can get the memory value so if this isn't posible tell me.

----------

NOTE: I wont work with newbies =p

<small>michael_zeevi@hotmail.com

-Nitro</small>

Flea
Sep 20, 2001, 03:15 AM
InstaGib rules

URJazzCC
Sep 20, 2001, 05:17 AM
That sounds pretty Cool. The good thing is, is that almost all of that can be done. The only part that can't be done (I think) is the laser that reaches 23 tiles part. For 1 thing, if we could, you'd have to each have the program, and another thing the 1 hit kills part would have to make the server have the program.

Cesar
Sep 20, 2001, 06:35 AM
InstaGib... but rabbits doesn't "explode" http://www.virtue.nu/ocasio/images/sites/teeth.gif Let's call it InstaKill http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Not only can we lock the heart value to 1 for InstaKill...

But lock the invincibility (players flash for 4 seconds before being hurt again) to 0 for Hardcore.

Michael
Sep 20, 2001, 10:36 AM
I can't belvie your supporting my idea guys! thanks!

Cesar, are you saying that you can help em find the memory value of the flashign ro something? I for one hate the flashing and think that flashing and fastfire should be together removed.

URJazzCC
Sep 20, 2001, 01:43 PM
Well...I have most of those addresses, except for making your gun 1 a laser that shoots 34 tiles....But I have flashing address, heart value, gun hack (So you can make it lock on blaster), and...Thats about all you'd need (Besides programming skills...Which I am learning off of sites...But not quite good enuf to make a program)

Hellraiser
Sep 20, 2001, 01:55 PM
Well, I hate the flashing, it prevents you from killing, and if you were the one flashing, collecting anything until you stop. But fastfire on the other hand should stay. it's easier to hold fire than hit it rapaidly.

Kaz
Sep 20, 2001, 03:41 PM
The server would need the 1 heart program...

The 23 tile gun could be achieved with some hacking =\...

This would be pretty cool, and I like the idea of non-blinking!

Tubz
Sep 20, 2001, 03:51 PM
How do I set the players memory value?

Cesar
Sep 20, 2001, 10:19 PM
You can learn more about how Jazz2 deals with managing memory and the "structure" (organize it in a certain way.)

A program called "WinHex", not only opens files, but it can also open memory contents from another program!

Download and try WinHex if you want. Host your game of Jazz2, open the memory process "Jazz2" in Winhex, then search for your name (example: " |||Bean§6»§ "... oh no! My secret's revealed!! AHHHH!! )

Once the program found your name, look at other values around it. You'll see 5's (heart value) for example.

This way, you can examime what certain address do. But WinHex's evaluation is that you can't write memory contents. (Feature disabled).

You need another program that will allow you to search for certain values. Lock feature

Anyway, there are other programs that allows you to edit player's values. The program's similar to Gameshark... I'll leave others to name the program for the PC...

Cpp
Sep 21, 2001, 08:47 AM
I think a project that can use jj2 mutators like InstaGib would be better so you could make your own mutators for one program. Mutators would be small files in jj2 dir like Instagib.mut containing the info what to edit/change in jj2 memory. Then the main program (mutator.exe or something similar) reads it and does what is written in it (with avilable mutators and used mutators lists of course). In this case we could use more jj2 mutators in a game at once but I don't have any ideas for other mutators.

Flea
Sep 21, 2001, 09:33 AM
What about 5 heart CTF for Team Battle??

Isn't that a good idea?

ShadowGPW
Sep 21, 2001, 01:04 PM
Flea: Nope, would be pretty boring.. specially people like bobby

Michael
Sep 21, 2001, 10:24 PM
<big>IMPORTANT: Let's not give any details about meory hacking programs because some newbies don't respect the game and would just download them and ruin the fun, I have one which allows me to hack even not on my server!</big>

Ok, I want to recute to the makers of this a few people:

A memory hacker - Nitro, anyone who knows the memory value of blinking

Programmer that has what it takes - ???

Ok, I want to ask that this topic wont go off-topic or spammy or anything and I know you can't stop that so can I ask for access to 1.25 talk and it to be moved there? and for the guys who help me (and me) just temporery access there?

Michael
Sep 21, 2001, 10:32 PM
Hellraiser, with fastfier and no blinking I could get some fastfire and hold the fire button for 3 seconds and you'd be dead, but I geuss it's the author's choice if to put fastfire in the level or not.

URJazzCC, I've conacted you on ICQ just now so reply (my user name is Phobos on ICQ).

$tilettø
Sep 22, 2001, 12:07 AM
this is pretty cool we did it on Overlord his server

(he used GH)

but then the problem is the Server has too run the Program and That Can Caus Extra Lag.

Michael
Sep 22, 2001, 03:38 AM
GH? Gamehack? Gamehack is crap.

Cesar
Sep 22, 2001, 08:08 AM
On 6:38am 9-22-2001, Nitro wrote:

GH? Gamehack? Gamehack is crap.

That is sooo true. Even myself think so... I use something better http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But I use GH just to search. Then add address to another program I like to use.

Cpp
Sep 22, 2001, 08:27 AM
On 3:07am 9-22-2001, $tilettø wrote:

this is pretty cool we did it on Overlord his server

(he used GH)

but then the problem is the Server has too run the Program and That Can Caus Extra Lag.

My server was laggy because I had another jj2 window opened and I was also playing in another server leaving my server running in the background.

Kaz
Sep 22, 2001, 11:27 AM
Hmm... indeed gamehack is crap =P.

Anywayz, I've done this before, and it causes a lot of problems...

1) Server can be killed multiple times

2) Server keeps powerups and can walk around after being killed

3) Some people will time out becuase of a data error and won't be able to join again.

Michael
Sep 23, 2001, 09:23 AM
Just so I wont kill your mind, me and Jazz are working on it and this is how much is done:

We have all the memory values for blinking and health for up to player 25 (we don't think 32 poeple will join a server)

Were having some problems with the blinking but I havn't had much time today to work, I'm looking for another person who is quite experianced in memory modding - Overlord?

Were still looking for a programmer that can make a program which freezes the memory values to the address which we havn't found yet. So if anyon can do that please contact me on ICQ, MSN messenger or E-mail.

Estimated releace date: I'm quite lazy to I geuss... 8th of October 2001. Stay put http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cpp
Sep 23, 2001, 11:15 AM
Well Nitro! If you are having trouble with addresses download my address calculator. I'm sure you know where: P

And if you want to freeze a memory value you need to write that value to the address over and over again. Use timers.

Newspaz
Sep 23, 2001, 11:28 AM
I think we should try to remain our online gameplay as clean as possible. A CTF Team play okay. It can be fun! But manipulating Jazz (memmory values) goes somewhat to far IMO.

$tilettø
Sep 23, 2001, 12:32 PM
That Adress Thingie Crashed my pc Ahh..

Michael
Sep 24, 2001, 09:08 AM
I'm working on Jazz InstaGib at the same time as NoBlinking, for InstaGib It'll probably set everyone's health to 1 and the levels will be best with only blaster and the fastfire value will be set to 0 which will make it fire super fast (like when you type jjfire 100 times or so) which will make it a laser effect.

I'm still looking for someone to program the memory values into a program instead of the host suing a hacking program, come on people don't be shy!

URJazzCC
Sep 24, 2001, 08:40 PM
Well...If no one will volunteer...i geuss i could try to..Altho I'm just a beginner...i think I might be able to make this...Ya never know :-p

Cpp
Sep 25, 2001, 12:09 PM
ultra fast fire? that would make servers very laggy. Don't :P

Kaz
Sep 25, 2001, 05:05 PM
We may be able to just edit the value to one to help not crash jj2... did anybody pay attention to my post up there?

Twi$ted-Black
Sep 25, 2001, 05:23 PM
On 5:54am 9-20-2001, Nitro wrote:

First for those of you who don't know the InstaGib rifle is a weapon that kills in one hit from UnrealTournament.

Actually InstaGib is a stolen idea from Quake 2 from a mod where you had unlimited railgun ammo and every railgun shot instantly killed the target.

Michael
Sep 25, 2001, 10:13 PM
O.O shhhhh...

Executor
Oct 6, 2001, 07:44 AM
But it can't be instaGIB if the rabbits don't explode into little red chunks when hit.