PDA

View Full Version : 1.25 fixes (suggestions)

Pages : [1] 2

Monolith
Sep 22, 2001, 02:45 PM
(If we ever manage to start the 1.25 project..) What are some fixes that should be worked on? I'm only asking for reasonable fixes. We're not going to add new characters or weapons or anything like that.

MaGoo
Sep 22, 2001, 04:19 PM
1) Flag bug fix without having to mask

2)Preventing getting stuck on point corners

3)Making team chat work properly

4)Possibly somehow making private chat

And others...

Tubz
Sep 22, 2001, 05:50 PM
5)Add CO-Operative Mode to MultiplayerJJ2

6)Add Team Battle Mode to MultiplayerJJ2, and remove the flag sign

7)Make the Rocket Turtle Event, work like the other Bosses

8)Fix Bolly Boss Event

9)Fix TNT Powerup Event

10)Make the Auto Fire Event be more useful

11)Make the Witch Event much more easier to kill, make it like all the other Baddies

12)Fix the Bees Event

13)Fix the Addon DOG Event

14)Put the Rocket Turtle Event in the Bosses section

15)Include the latest version of JCS.ini with the patch

16)Make Events capable in more layers

17)Fix the Addon Spark Event

18)Make more X-mas Events

19)Remove the Battle, Treasure or CTF Multiplayer Level option in the Layer Properties

20)Fix the Test 1-6 Events

21)Fix Tube Turtle Event

22)Fix Butterfly Event

23)Fix the "Ammensia Error, too many bosses in the level"

24)Include Overlord's Anti-Access-Violation Patch, with this 1.25 Patch

25)Make Acc Belt L Event have a different purpose

26)Make Acc Belt R Event have a different purpose

27)Fix the Bonus Level Signpost Event

28)Fix the End of Level Signpost Event

29)Make the Event # appear without having to select, Create a Generator for this event

30)Make the Event # Unchangable

31)Fix the Carrot Crate Event

32)Fix the Gun Crate Event

33)Make a TNT Ammo+15 Event

34)Make a Gun8 Ammo+15 Event

35)Make a Gun9 Ammo+15 Event

36)Rename the "Thing" Food Event to Coconut

37)Delete the RectGem Blue Event

38)Delete the RectGem Green Event

39)Delete the RectGem Red Event

40)Make the Purple Gem +1 Event be more useful

41)Make the Fast Feet Event be more useful

42)UNDECIDED: Delete the Freeze Enemies Event. DECIDED: Rename Freeze Enemies to Freeze Rabbits, and make it so you can't get affected by the event.

43)Make the Invincibility Event be more useful

44)Make the Max Weapon Event be more useful

45)Fix the TNT Powerup

46)Fix the Lazer Shield Event!!!!!

47)Stop hacking from occuring, that doesn't include JCS.ini Modifications

48)Make the TNT hurt Event other rabbits in Party Mode

49)Fix the fake hurting your team members with the RF Missles

-50-)UNSURE: If not yet, make the TNT Powerup Event

hurt other rabbits in Party Mode

51)Make a better Tileset Tutorial. Include this in the JCS Help.

52)Make a Event List, and include explanations for each event (including the fixed ones). Include this in the JCS Help.

53)Add Race to MultiplayerJJ2

54)<u>Include these tutorials to JCS Help:</u>

-Colored Level Name Tutorial

-Colored Server Name Tutorial

-Colored Text in MultiplayerJJ2 Tutorial

-Colored Text Strings Tutorial

-Colored Fur Tutorial

These tutorials are for new peoplehttp://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

55)Be able to name your player in Single Player/CO-OP Jazz2

56)Be able to change your Fur in Single Player/CO-OP Jazz2

57)Explain better on how to edit you Filter, and IP Filter. Write a Readme text file for this.

58)Try to be able to ban all cusses and their forms in MultiplayerJJ2.

59)Fix the bug which makes you stuck in the walls when you put directly to the north, south, east, or west of the wall using a: Warp Target Event or Start Position Event. Note: this is a tad bit different from Magoo's found bug.

60)Fix the other Flag Bug, where you start with the flag after death

Well that's it, exactly 59/60 bugs, including Magoo's 4 bugs. Heh, it took me a while to write this listhttp://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif? I, although am making a JCS.ini patch to correct some of these bugs.

PidgeotPK

FireSworD
Sep 22, 2001, 05:50 PM
Hmmm...

The Fire Sword! keeps on burning and burning and burning...

JanusJackrabbit
Sep 22, 2001, 07:49 PM
what about the slide event?

KILLERRABBIT(ICED KILLER)
Sep 23, 2001, 04:42 AM
lol!

$tilettø
Sep 23, 2001, 11:01 AM
what for bug is lol!??

Add Overlord Serverlist Patch Intoo 1.25..

add a Mode.

InstaGib if Possible?

Cpp
Sep 23, 2001, 11:05 AM
61) Make an "Auto switch weapons" option - on/off.

62) Faster buttstomp so when you press down you buttstomp instantly and not rotate in the air for 3 years :P

63) Add the ability to add mutators to the server like InstaGib, Unlimited ammo, Invincibility, Blaster arena, bouncy arena, ...

64) Make something that will stop hurting people through walls or out of nowhere (anti-lag)

65) In the main menu when you go to new game, party mode, ... Start a new game, local players and press ESC you get the Choose Party Mode screen and then when you select Done the "join another game, start a new game" screen appears instead of "local players" screen. Fix this.

I had some more in mind...

Violet CLM
Sep 23, 2001, 12:02 PM
On 8:50pm 9-22-2001, JJ Tublear wrote:

5)Add CO-Operative Mode to MultiplayerJJ2

XJJ2 too messed up for you?

7)Make the Rocket Turtle Event, work like the other Bosses

Maybe it's just me, but I like it fine the way it is.

8)Fix Bolly Boss Event

I didn't know it had a bug. What is it?

10)Make the Auto Fire Event be more useful

<u>More</u> useful? It does something already?

11)Make the Witch Event much more easier to kill, make it like all the other Baddies

If you do that, at least let you choose whether it's easy to kill. The Witch deserves to be the way it is.

12)Fix the Bees Event

But it's so useful the way it is! If you fix this event, kindly make another way to make wall and ceilling spikes hurt, because without "Bees" it won't work. (Except for quick spawn Butterfly, but it's not the same)

13)Fix the Addon DOG Event

It works in TSF... Are you saying you want it in 1.23?

14)Put the Rocket Turtle Event in the Bosses section

I don't know about you, but I could do that on my own.

17)Fix the Addon Spark Event

And what will it be? A spark that comes at you when you look at it?

20)Fix the Test 1-6 Events

Huh? What are these?

21)Fix Tube Turtle Event

I have found no problems. Explain, please.

22)Fix Butterfly Event

Again, what will it do?

27)Fix the Bonus Level Signpost Event

28)Fix the End of Level Signpost Event

What are the problems with those two sign posts? They work just fine for me.

29)Make the Event # appear without having to select, Create a Generator for this event

30)Make the Event # Unchangable

You've lost me. What do you mean?

31)Fix the Carrot Crate Event

32)Fix the Gun Crate Event

I PRESUME you mean a Multiplayer problem?

37)Delete the RectGem Blue Event

38)Delete the RectGem Green Event

39)Delete the RectGem Red Event

What have you got against RectGems? They work perfectly! They're even different from normal gems!

42)UNDECIDED: Delete the Freeze Enemies Event.

No. It is extremly useful.

DECIDED: Rename Freeze Enemies to Freeze Rabbits, and make it so you can't get affected by the event.

Two things. One, it's called that because it IS sort of an enemy, and another is if it doesn't effect you, what in the world is it good for?

43)Make the Invincibility Event be more useful

What's the problem with it? In Single Player it works fine, and can you imagine the problems it would cause in Multi Player? This was discussed somewhere, but I forgot where.

45)Fix the TNT Powerup

You said that before.

48)Make the TNT hurt Event other rabbits in Party Mode

Could you explain further?

49)Fix the fake hurting your team members with the RF Missles

I don't know about you, but I think that's fun.

58)Try to be able to ban all cusses and their forms in MultiplayerJJ2.

If you don't like this, put every single one you can think of in your filter, and add any new ones you find.

59)Fix the bug which makes you stuck in the walls when you put directly to the north, south, east, or west of the wall using a: Warp Target Event or Start Position Event. Note: this is a tad bit different from Magoo's found bug.

It only accurs when you're under or to the right of a wall. To the left and above do not get you stuck. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

60)Fix the other Flag Bug, where you start with the flag after death

I have no complaint, but let me just say that it acts just as you would expect it to. (I would give an explanation, but it would tell people how)

Well that's it, exactly 59/60 bugs, including Magoo's 4 bugs. Heh, it took me a while to write this listhttp://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif? I, although am making a JCS.ini patch to correct some of these bugs.

PidgeotPK

Also, Overlord, I would greatly appreciate it if that Buttstomp hover thing was kept. Not only is it the key to defeating Bilsy and will sometime protect you from being injured or roasted in Party Mode, I have found some other uses for it as well in various cases.

(Also, I am not official, but I like taking peoples' posts to pieces)

JanusJackrabbit
Sep 23, 2001, 02:34 PM
tweedle boss! please!

Tubz
Sep 23, 2001, 05:17 PM
Whatever, Unknown Rabbit. It took me longer to make that list than you to destroy my list. Now you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Looks like I have some changes to make to the list.

Monolith
Sep 24, 2001, 09:37 AM
For 57 and 58, we just need to implement the filters..

EvilMike
Sep 24, 2001, 03:25 PM
We should add some sort of console in jj2 that would allow advanced users to change their settings, names and various other things during play. It should also allow servers to change levels and whatnot. Also, there should be more options for the start server menu with things such as max ammo settings, admins for your server (if you are hosting a dedicated one), Time limit, teamkill, Max health (can be set above 5), "Blinking" time (how long you stay invincible after you are hit in seconds), maximum amount of fastfires, starting weapons, server messages that are shown when you start up, mapcycles, the ability to disable coloured names, the ability to force people to have colons, auto kicking of idle people (good for those jerks that grab the flag and go idle), spam control and the ability do disable/replace some pickups such as shields. The console could allow the server to do things such as kick/ban people, edit names, edit teams, pause the game, edit the score, change the level, change the gametype and generally edit any of the above options and ones already included with the game.

Finally, mouse support should be added for all those menus.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Sep 24, 2001, 03:40 PM
"Whatever, Unknown Rabbit. It took me longer to make that list than you to destroy my list. Now you ought to be ashamed of yourself. Looks like I have some changes to make to the list."

JJ, I believe he was just trying to improve upon your suggestions.

Also, please remember we would like to have JJ2 remain backwards compatiable.

ShadowGPW
Sep 24, 2001, 03:46 PM
agrees with bob

Hellraiser
Sep 24, 2001, 05:03 PM
I have a few suggestions.....

1) Make events work on the very bottom and farthest right tiles, (as they don't now)

2) make an event that disables Jazz's helicopter-ears and/or uppercut, Spaz's double jump and/or kick, and/or buttstomping

3)Add the ability to create episodes out of your lvl packs in JCS, and use a bmp or jpg image as the pic (if possible)

4) edit the anims.j2a and add Lori into it, and make TSF, HH98, and CC compatible with the new 1.25

5)Allow custom music to download as well as levels and tilesets

6) Add more colours to the pallate

7) make JCS compatible with 16/24-bit bmps, (and update Jazz2 so that it is at least 16 bit instead of 256 colour.) That way tileset creation is easier, and looks nicer too.

8) (this one might not work, but...) make Jazz2 able to use a Winamp, Windows MediaPlayer, Realplayer, or some other program to use mp3/wav files as music

9)try to fix JCS so that 1.24 JCS lvls and tilesets work with 1.23, (going to be 1.25)

10) fix the lvl text so that you can have more than 15 messages, and make it so that you can choose which words you want to colour, instead of all the words that are after the "#", and se able to select what colours you want them to be.

11) make all local players able to talk in internet play, not just player 1

12)Make all colours of the 256 colour pallate available for typing, not just 8,

13) Make the Bird and Frog selectable characters along with Jazz, Spaz, and Lori on the player config menu.

14) make the bird able to shoot, and the frog's tongue hurt other people

15) Make Eva a playable character, (most of her animations are already done in the CTF base and Eva events.

oh yeah.... another cool idea,

16) if the player hosting, (player 1), quits the game, make player 2 (or next player on the list) take over as host, instead of booting everyone off the server and it closing.

well, that's all for now, I'll probobly think of some more stuff later.

Hellraiser
Sep 24, 2001, 06:34 PM
1 more suggestion...

Maybe you should edit the animations, so that a little "!" mark appears over your character's head when you're typing.

That way, people won't shoot you while you're vulnerable, (or the exact opposite would happen, but it would be considered cheap, like shields.)

EvilMike
Sep 24, 2001, 08:05 PM
Good idea.

Some more ideas that I have for options are the amount of ammo in powerups, the option to allow the person killed to drop all their ammo, the ability to pick up ammo released from crates and barrels even when you are at full (to cut back on lag), the duration of items such as shields and invincibility, an option to set it so powerups to not dissapear from you when you run out of ammo for that weapon, speed settings (for us hyperactive people) and the ability to force default team.

FireSworD
Sep 25, 2001, 07:00 AM
Wow! theres so many great ideas in here that i can't keep up with them all.

Monolith
Sep 25, 2001, 09:45 AM
In responce to Hellraiser's suggestions:

#5. It would be best to make that an option the user can set.

#6. It's an 8bit pallete, and specifically 8bit. You can't add more colors. Besides, that more than a "reasonable fix," which I was asking for.

#15. Eva doesn't have enough frames of animation to become a playable character right now. The frog has more frames of animation than Eva.

Also, I really like EvilMike's console idea, but that would take a lot more work.

Ice M A N
Sep 25, 2001, 10:19 AM
Yeah..

as for the console, we wouldn't need a console per se. We could have the person type "/console set blah sdihvxcuilh" or whatever, and parse it there (after all, it already looks to see if it's /kick or /ban).

And you could save configs in a textfile and have a "/console load settings.cfg" or something, or maybe even have a default.cfg which is applied every time you serve or whatever..

Wouldn't be that hard.. The hard part would be making the changes that the console could change (if that makes sense)

Hellraiser
Sep 25, 2001, 10:36 AM
k.. I never said that all the frames for Eva were there. I said some. (maybe most, but if I said most I meant some).

But is my idea for player 2 to take over as host of the server when player 1 leaves a good one? (note that the player hosting has the option to let the next player take over or close the server.

EvilMike
Sep 25, 2001, 02:42 PM
I really doubt that would work. If another person takes over as a server, the servers IP would change, it's latency would change, and the level cycle may not agree with what is on the takeover host's computer.

Monolith
Sep 26, 2001, 07:50 AM
Yea, I think the level cycle would be the main problem.

Cpp
Sep 26, 2001, 11:03 AM
On 3:02pm 9-23-2001, Unknown Rabbit wrote:

Also, Overlord, I would greatly appreciate it if that Buttstomp hover thing was kept. Not only is it the key to defeating Bilsy and will sometime protect you from being injured or roasted in Party Mode, I have found some other uses for it as well in various cases.

Well ok. But the protection doesn't work with seekers. They push you into the air.

I had some time to think and here are my second wishes:

-Fix seekers so they explode and hurt you when they hit you and not push you into the air.

-Seekers sometimes also home into empty place and hoover there before they explode. I want seekers to ignore these places.

-We should be able to use longer names. I know it's possible to do it along with some tools but it should be possible inside the menu.

-Ability to add colors to your name as well as your server name in menu.

-When you get hurt by seekers in the air you lose control and computer ignores your moves. You can't move 'till you hit the ground(and usually die) and if you don't you can get hit 2 times in the air without touching the ground(happens in battle1 alot to me)... Fix this.

-Long downloading... When I'm about to be done downloading when I join a game that uses a big tileset I get an "Connection timed out" message instead of entering the game. Fix this.

-Umm...

-Overlord

And you suck too.

Stronghold: Jazz (http://www.geocities.com/atlastsome), RHG (http://www.geocities.com/atlastsome/jj2/rhg.htm)

Kaz
Sep 26, 2001, 05:29 PM
-Fix the net coding to be more efficent (I surely thing we could "compress" this to at least 50% of it's size)

-Add more modem priority to Jazz2 (Don't you notice how it always doesn't go full speed?)

-More responsive controls (In tests you'll notice at least a 1 second (really) delay on a double jump and you may have to press it like 5 times for it to work.

Hellraiser
Sep 27, 2001, 12:09 PM
Another good idea would be to make JCS able to have 2 events on 1 tile. eg: you want to make a chat room, so you use the "nofirezone" event. But in the square where the warp target is, people can still shoot. but if you were to put both the warp target and the nofirezone on that tile, then people would be able to warp to that spot, plus they couldn't fire.

another example.. say you wanted to put text, ammo or food inside a suck tube that's at a slow speed. If you were to have the text/ammo/food event instead of the sucker tube event in 1 of the tiles along the tube, Jazz would fall. But if you were able to put the text/ammo/food on the same tile as the sucker tube, then Jazz could get the ammo/food, or the text would pop up, but Jazz would also hit the sucker tube event and keep going.

This one could easily be done.

Violet CLM
Sep 27, 2001, 01:54 PM
How about different events for different frames of an animation? First you shoot the star block, then it turns into a lock block that you need to hit a trigger crate to open. http://jazz2.nagcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (That has just GOT to be impossible)

defalcon
Oct 1, 2001, 09:37 PM
Some things I'd like to see rectified:
- A limit to the length of a sever name, because I'm trying to figure out the type of game or the ping yet the 250 word long server name is in the way.

- The annoying repeating flag message bug. I hate that. It ought to be burnt.

- The thing that stops your typed message from appearing. Dunno why it happens.

- Include a good tileset-base in the folder. You know, a bmp of a tileset grid used for making tilesets. A good one, cause I can't find any decent ones.

- Fix the bug where you crash/time out of a server and go back in, only to find the server has not registered you leaving. This results in 2 or more of the same name, one being yourself, and one being no-one. The no-one is nowhere in the game, but his name is still in the list because the server doesn't realise.

- Make all coloured names revert to the default in CTF. Otherwise it's too hard to tell who's on what team.

- If you're playing with two or more people on one computer, the 'team colour' option doesn't work and picks whatever team it wants.

- Fix the JCS bug where flipping an animated tile causes a crash. (Or something like that. It could be flipped destruct tile, I'm not sure)

Violet CLM
Oct 2, 2001, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by defalcon
Some things I'd like to see rectified:
- A limit to the length of a sever name, because I'm trying to figure out the type of game or the ping yet the 250 word long server name is in the way.

- The annoying repeating flag message bug. I hate that. It ought to be burnt.

If you're so set against it, just put a boarder of one (maybe two) solidly masked tiles around the entire level.

- The thing that stops your typed message from appearing. Dunno why it happens.

If you press backspace more times then your previously planned message has characters, then the new message you type in its place will not work.

- Include a good tileset-base in the folder. You know, a bmp of a tileset grid used for making tilesets. A good one, cause I can't find any decent ones.

Will the automatic grid function do? Wait, I don't know what pain program you use.

- Fix the bug where you crash/time out of a server and go back in, only to find the server has not registered you leaving. This results in 2 or more of the same name, one being yourself, and one being no-one. The no-one is nowhere in the game, but his name is still in the list because the server doesn't realise.

- Make all coloured names revert to the default in CTF. Otherwise it's too hard to tell who's on what team.

- If you're playing with two or more people on one computer, the 'team colour' option doesn't work and picks whatever team it wants.

- Fix the JCS bug where flipping an animated tile causes a crash. (Or something like that. It could be flipped destruct tile, I'm not sure)

Link
Oct 3, 2001, 04:08 PM
Unknown...do you have to be so critical about it? Fixing bugs is GOOD and you're making it seem like we should just live with them instead of fixing them.

Macros!

if (CurrentRabbit.GemCount >= 50) {
CurrentLevel.TileMatrix[23][10] = CurrentLevel.Tileset.Tile['blank'];
}
else
{
CurrentRabbit.Write("@@@#HA HA HA! You cannot enter until you find ALL 50 GEMS!!!!!");
}

See what I'm getting at? With macros you could do ANYTHING! Single player puzzles would be really really good. In multiplayer you could write your own modes of gameplay even! It would be good for stuff like chat rooms (automatic KICK if they try to hurt people in it, or maybe just prevent them from doing anything except chatting until they press L to leave). You could make destruct blocks you have to shoot into a certain shape before the door opens (kind of like that hat thing in Kirby 64). You could have password prompts. You could make rooms only the server can get into. You could make CTF jails people have to rescue you from. And so much more!

Just a note on trying to make it backward compatible: Can we really make something super good and still keep it backward compatible? There are all these great ideas, but none of them will be possible if "Oh we can't do that because it wouldn't be compatible with previous versions". Version 1.20 wasn't compatible with 1.23 was it? If it absolutely must be backward compatible, maybe put in a "1.23 mode" that emulates that version, and have a "full potential mode" which has all the new features.

ShadowGPW
Oct 3, 2001, 04:11 PM
Link I had that idea to.. 1.23/24 mode

Violet CLM
Oct 4, 2001, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Link
Unknown...do you have to be so critical about it? Fixing bugs is GOOD and you're making it seem like we should just live with them instead of fixing them.

No, I just have little or no belief 1.25 will actually be made so I'm trying to explain ways to not fix, but make it so those problems don't actualy come up.

On a side note, I almost feel personally attacked.

ShadowGPW
Oct 4, 2001, 03:01 PM
uh? I dont get it

Hellraiser
Oct 6, 2001, 04:49 PM
Instead of making it backwards compatible, why not make the patch work on both 1.23 and 1.24, and making them both the same version 1.25 (adding Lori to the 1.23 to make it fully compatible)

ShadowGPW
Oct 6, 2001, 05:38 PM
thats an option yes

MaGoo
Oct 7, 2001, 01:55 PM
Fix the seeker hole bug.

Xtreem
Nov 26, 2001, 11:55 PM
lol loads of stuff, has anyone started making 1.25 yet?

Disguise
Nov 27, 2001, 01:42 AM
Seeker hole bug? lol, never heard of that one, what is it?

-Another (ANNOYING) bug is the airboard thing. You can't lift off into the air if you're on the ground.

-Lori helicopter bug

-Fix TNT for multiplayer (it's practically useless)

-One-shot-kill seeker

Ack! Every time one of these come up I forget about all the stuff I wanted to fix, I should make a list and write it down as I remember...

Haze
Nov 27, 2001, 01:53 AM
Compiled a small list of everything excluding all the b*ll-crap.
And no, you can't see the rest of this document. ;)

Wish list:
- Every Jazz Jackrabbit 2(tm) feature
- Replace Epic Megagames intro with Epic Games intro
- Replace Orange Games intro with Lost Boys intro
- Replace Project2 intro with Project 3 Interactive intro
- Full *.xm/*.it-modules support (Update Galaxy Sound System or use FMOD-engine?)
- Full *.mp3/*.wma/*.wav support (FMOD-engine?)
- Any of the above mentioned music formats in their compressed from (zipped: *.xmz/*.itz/etc.)
- Custom music format (*.x2b) similar to that of Unreal (multiple songs per file)
- Custom sound effects using any of the supported sound-formats
- 24 bit colors or full 16 bit colors support (instead of 16 bit whilst using an 8 bit palette)
- Multiple tilesets per level (think Unreal(tm))
- Multiple musics per level (think Unreal(tm)), special event to trigger this
- User customizable player-models (sprites, vector or 3D models/skins?)
- User customizable in-game events (e.g. scripted as in Unreal(tm)) via scripting
- User customizable game modes (think Unreal(tm)) via plug-ins/MODs (*.x2g)
- Visual effects hard-coded instead of e.g. palet-animations (warping backgrounds)
- Gnutella-like server system (no central game-servers)
- Built-in dedicated server system
- Upon unavailability automated level, tilesets, player-models downloading
- Seperate tileset directory
- Seperate level directory
- Seperate music directory
- Episode packs (*.x2e) are renamed zip-files of the required components, e.g.
hh2002.x2e contains the following files:
hhlevel1.x2l - level 1
hhlevel2.x2l - level 2
hhlevel3.x2l - level 3
hhmusic.x2m - music file
title.gif - picture for episode title in selection screen (using magic-pink for transparency)
preview.gif - picture for episode "poster" in selection screen
hh2002.lst - level list
file_id.diz - comments (displayed in selection screen)
- Define order of levels in seperate file rather than in the levels themselves. Use *.lst for this, e.g.
hh2002.lst contains the following lines:
void start() {
hhlevel1.x2l
if ( eol == 0 ) {
hhlevel2.x2l
} else {
hhlevel3.x2l
}
}
- Scripting in levellist, allowing for multiple endings (see example above)
- Backwards compatible multiplayer games, i.e. higher version clients can connect to lower version servers but NOT vice versa
- "No fire zone"-event as a switch rather as a zone-layer, i.e. if "No fire zone" is set to "0" and the player
passes through that block, "no fire" is set to "off". If "No fire zone" is set to "1" and the player passes through that block,
"no fire" is set to "on".
- Lose current carrying weapon upon being roasted, left to be picked up by offending player
- Friendly fire options (think Unreal(tm))
- Spectator mode (think Unreal(tm))
- Easier demo/macro recording and replay options (think Quake 3(tm))
- Fix flag bugs
- Don't get stuck on corners or in (badly masked) tiles after a warp
- Team/private chat messages
- Rocket Turtles :)
- Ability to vary the shots needed to kill baddies/bosses
- Multiple events per tile (e.g. split specific events up in categories.
You can only use events from different categories on one tile at the same time.)
- Use more memory (if available; probably will need a whole lot more than the original Jazz Jackrabbit 2)
- Don't quit program upon missing a file, instead give an error and the option to go back to the previous/main menu
- Make all weapon powerups really do something (e.g. the TNT powerup does virtually nothing now)
- Fix the Laser Shield event
- Better documentation (JCS Help, Game Help)
- Easier access and usage of the bad-word filter
- Usage of wildcards in the filter
- Expand the supplied filter list
- Serverlist patch standard included
- Slide event (e.g. as in Jazz Jackrabbit 1, where you can slide on the ice)
- "Auto switch weapons"-switch
- Add commands to use in the game for e.g. changing names (e.g. "/set_name Haze")
- Add time-limit as an option for multiplayer games
- Add MOTD for servers
- In CTF and other team-modes have the engine overwrite any coloured names and use the team colours
- Add "auto-kick" option to prevent campers cheaters
- If (in online game) user is using items not present in the level then "auto-kick"
- Add some anti-spam options (e.g. if line is "displayed" more than 5 times it will be blocked out
until a different line of text is inputted)
- Make events work at the bottom and farthest right of the playing field
- Option in the level editor (JCS) to save in an older compatible mode (e.g. v1.23/v1.24 compatible)
- Players that are inputting text or commands are marked with an "!" above their heads ingame
- Bot support :) (working on the theory)
- Ability to input coloured (server)names ingame instead of using an outside tool
- Add Lori as a standard character :) (copyright problems?)
- Make local CTF work without having to put a border around the entire level
- Fix the Lori-copter problem (Lori can already use the copter, it's just not implemented right)

Spaz Boy
Nov 29, 2001, 02:56 PM
Nice list Haze. I think that we should show Epic that we still like Jazz. And Haze, about making Lori a standard character:
Copyrights, probably fine, I doubt Dean will get mad.

But, I've said this a billion times before to different people, (nothing personal), the anim.j2a (I think that is what it is called) for TSF is 9.15 MB. Too big of a download if you ask me.

Personally, I think that you should start editing TSF if you plan to hold Lori rather than 1.23, since this will save you more time.

--The JazzJackrabbit2 logo that appears in the corner, I think we should edit that and possibly put something like V1.25 on it.

--Allow a feature in JCS that allows you to view events as you play the level, like by pressing Crtl+E (E for events?). That way, when you are testing your level, you can quickly see while actually moving through your events. This would also keep from having randomly placed accidental events.

--Allow "real-time" editing. Jazz might already have this feature... But allow it so that if you are working on the level, you can save, and then when it moves on, and comes back to it, it will be the edited version.

--Insert a console like feature that would allow you to type something like "jjnext" and move onto the next level if you are the host.

--Allow names to be a bit longer, like a certain amount of characters EXCLUDING the | (pipe). Therefore, you can color your name and have a length.

--Add a new little section to J2O that has error messages, so instead of displaying Connection Timed Out....For More Information Visit http://www.jazzjackrabbit.com/ to Connection Timed Out....For More Information Visit http://www.jazz2online.com/errors/. That way, you can actually get information on servers.

--Edit the Jazz2.exe so that when you host a server, it goes to monolith.idlegames.com or jazz.logicware.com (Alberto has done this.)

--Make the chat accustom to the user's window size. If they have a small resolution, make it seperate onto more than one line so they can read it all.

--Allow an in-game logging feature for servers. This would log all chats, all errors, all IPs of users entering/exiting, etc.

--Automatically place fully masked tiles around CTF levels to stop the flag bug.

--Allow private chat such as: msg plr # |ENTER| "You are now only chatting to player #. To switch back, use 'msg all'." That way allowing you to chat to ONE user (or allow crtl + # for chat to that user...but you couldn't chat higher than user 10 (0 = 10), of course, servers don't often go that high.)

--Allow an integrated CHEAT system. If someone cheats, then the server gets "Player # is cheating. Use kick # or ban # to kick or ban this user."

--When you press F9 and you're the server, space the stuff out so you can see the IPs.

--Allow in-game remote adminning. (For example, I use 'admn #',
giving that user administrative rights, so that they can view everyone's IPs, kick/ban users, etc.)

--Make Jazz protect against xJJ2 "server-hack". What this is is not stated for obvious reasons.

--By default, make Jazz when it gets into the listservers, contact a special type of server that would have updates, and update something such as registry settings automatically, and notify the user if they needed to download updates.

--Someone said this I think, but show some sort of notification that a user is typing, not by making them invincible (since then when near death you could just push t), but by putting some symbol over their head.

--Also, allow players to move when chatting is going on. (So if you have players 2-4 locally, you can chat without interfering with their gameplay.)

That is all for now. ;)

~SB

EDIT: Made into a list for Haze. :D

FQuist
Nov 29, 2001, 09:44 PM
If you update anims.j2a, that doesn't mean you have to provide the entire file for download. You can add a patch that only changes the parts of the file needed..

Txl Kill
Nov 30, 2001, 01:27 AM
If we did that then we would have to figure out how to decode the file and recode it which would take alot of time unless someone asks noogy or somthing on how!

Haze
Nov 30, 2001, 02:17 AM
If you were going to edit anims.j2a you'd already know how to de-/recode it. :)
BTW, Spaz Boy, mind splitting your wish list into seperate lines? (easier to make one big list that way)

Zero-Dai
Nov 30, 2001, 04:22 AM
Haze:
- with the custom sprites option, that basically takes away the essence of the game, if You can play looking like Megaman, it's much use calling the game Jazz Jackrabbit, is it?

- What do you mean by the auto weapon selection?

****. I had a suggestion, but forgot it.

FQuist
Nov 30, 2001, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Txl Kill
If we did that then we would have to figure out how to decode the file and recode it which would take alot of time unless someone asks noogy or somthing on how!

Nah.. just use diff to see which parts of the file have changed.. diff is a unix tool that compares files.

FQuist
Nov 30, 2001, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Zero-Dai
Haze:

*snip*

- What do you mean by the auto weapon selection?

****. I had a suggestion, but forgot it.

I think he meant, if you get ammo you didn't already have it automaticly switches to that weapon.

Cpp
Nov 30, 2001, 07:16 AM
Yeah. That annoys me too. Make an option to switch this on and off like in UT.

Kaz
Nov 30, 2001, 05:12 PM
I really wish you people would pay attention to what I'm trying to say =P

Haze
Dec 1, 2001, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Zero-Dai
Haze:
- with the custom sprites option, that basically takes away the essence of the game, if You can play looking like Megaman, it's much use calling the game Jazz Jackrabbit, is it?

Ah crap, that line shouldn't have been there. :) (it refers to the rest of the document... nothing of importance)

Shiverz
May 12, 2002, 12:53 AM
1) The Witch Should be easier to kill

2) You should be able to make the light change underwater

3) You should be able to play as Devan after you've unlocked him by doing all the episodes

4) The home cooked levels list should wipe out old lvl that you never play on

5) Smilys should appear when your chatting and write down this =) then they change to :)

6) The thing should be renamed Coconut

7) The Addon spark should be renamed blue ghost

8) The addon dog should be renamed cat and should meow

9) Allow Lori to go on the helicopters

10) Make the frog hurt people with its tongue

11) Fix the tweedle boss

Thats all are any of these good ideas ?

JanusJackrabbit
May 12, 2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Shiverz
4) The home cooked levels list should wipe out old lvl that you never play on Do it your self.
6) The thing should be renamed Coconut
Same as above.
7) The Addon spark should be renamed blue ghost

8) The addon dog should be renamed cat and should meow
Addon spark is the cat, not the blue ghost. Blue ghost is event 253 (TSF). Cat is event 252. Addon dog does nothing that we know of.:(
It is supposed to be that way to make you helpless. If you could attack after you got turned into a frog by a witch, it would be pointless.
:rolleyes:

Fighter II
May 12, 2002, 02:38 PM
Aha! All guys gotta do is look for the source code in the web! Uh, I don't know to code it! I bet could make animated frames of a new boss! Eris! The new boss I made. You guys know of a plan.

JanusJackrabbit
May 12, 2002, 07:59 PM
Let me make this clear...... No one except Epic has the source code!!!!!!

Violet CLM
May 12, 2002, 10:00 PM
1) The Witch Should be easier to kill

I would prefer it, relaly, if the other villains took more hits, as opposed to the other way around. The Witch is just fine as it is.

3) You should be able to play as Devan after you've unlocked him by doing all the episodes

(Who hasn't done all the episodes?)
I don't know how anims.j2a and anything else related is done, but I think that would be possible.. assuming someone wants to take the time to make all the frames for Devan that he doesn't have.

5) Smilys should appear when your chatting and write down this =) then they change to :)

I don't really think much of that one, personally.

But then, why would it be bad to be turned into a frog?

11) Fix the tweedle boss

I'm sure it would be easier if they had a nice behavior pattern for it.

Alister
May 13, 2002, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by JanusJackrabbit
Let me make this clear...... No one except Epic has the source code!!!!!!

What about Project 3 and Orange? ;)

FireSworD
May 13, 2002, 06:55 AM
What if private servers weren't passwordered and if an invited or uninvited guest tries to join a game the server host sees a message saying:

(Insert name here) wants access to the server; press G to grant or D to deny.

Just a little idea i had.

DarkShadow
May 13, 2002, 07:21 AM
I think that would be cool FS.

Red_XIII
May 13, 2002, 08:57 AM
Heh! :D

*has a Cool idea*

Instead of having an anims.j2a, how about seperate files for the characters like

Lori.j2a
Jazz.j2a
Spaz.j2a
Gummi.j2a (awww ish cutey :p)

:)

Shiverz
May 13, 2002, 09:05 AM
Janus in my TSF the addon dog is the CAT !!!!!

and the addon spark is the blue ghost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violet CLM
May 13, 2002, 10:43 AM
So you want a seperate .j2a for every single sprite?

defalcon
May 13, 2002, 10:31 PM
I don't think that'd work. It'd be cool of you could create a sprite that's saved as a seperate sprite for MP use. Others would just see the default chars, but you could trade em around and stuff. But then again, too messy. ;P

Krezack
May 15, 2002, 03:24 AM
Wait a sec....

I sometimes visit this place (http://www.teambg.com) and they have all sorts of tools for a game which they don't have the source code to or any such information. Now with Baldurs Gate sprites and stuff are held in files (possibly compressed) called .key files. These guys KNOW how to decode/decompress these key files yet they would NEVER be officially given anything which would allow them to do that (engine is about to be used in IWD2 afterall). If they can do that whats stopping us from doing the same with the animation files?

defalcon
May 16, 2002, 10:10 PM
Because with the coding of JJ2 that only Arjan and the others is able to understand and modify, we'd be a mess. ;)

Red_XIII
May 17, 2002, 11:07 AM
Umm.....

Maybe, instead of that.... you could download j2a files for you? like place them in cache etc? :)

defalcon
May 17, 2002, 04:34 PM
They'd be a BIT toobig for 56K'ers. And just annoying for broadband users. And when someone new entered a server, everyone would have to download it too.

>>Møønßlãzé<<
May 19, 2002, 03:29 AM
Well, it's easy to loose your ideas here ;P
I try remember some of them:
-Fix lori's fur color change
-Make Lori's move more usefull
-Make a trig zone that works for all players (instead of plopping 100 trig crates in)
-Make a suck that can go both ways
-Make a Lori start pos (It has already been done by overlord I think)
-Make a new menu: Episodes; where we can draw our own episode text and pictures, where you are able to scrool in homecocked episodes.
-Make a new mode: duel; team battle rule, like you can't shoot people from your own team. (It's posible to make via jcs but it would be a lot more cool in this way)
-Make you able too see number of players in server and max players when you get server list
-Make an un-ban (Like Unban/Evilmike)
-Make frozen red spring
-Make frozen blue spring

White Rabbit
May 19, 2002, 04:11 AM
Fix the awful awful "I-can't-make-ambient-lighting-work-after-I've-gone-into-an-water-event" bug!!!!!! ;P

In other words: Make so that ambient lighting still works even after you've entered water.

FireSworD
May 19, 2002, 11:23 AM
What if in clanwars or something instead of blue team or red team what if you could name teams? like:

(Insert clan name or team here) scored a point

And maybe teams would have other colors besides red and blue.

Newspaz
May 19, 2002, 11:45 AM
I'd say make an IRC like system for ingame which is commented in a document.

/kick [number]
/ban [number]
/giveop [number]
/nick [name]
/teamnick [name]
/me [phrase]

Etc etc,.

Violet CLM
May 19, 2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by &gt;&gt;Møønßlãzé&lt;&lt;
Well, it's easy to loose your ideas here ;P
I try remember some of them:
-Make Lori's move more usefull

Her moves are highly useful. What are you complaining about, persay?

-Make a trig zone that works for all players (instead of plopping 100 trig crates in)

In case this wasn't clear, this should not replace the regular trigger zone.

-Make a new menu: Episodes; where we can draw our own episode text and pictures, where you are able to scrool in homecocked episodes.

I don't think that's a good idea. Other then allowing you to select Easy and Hard modes, episodes only serve the purpose of making you look cool because you can make an episode file. Just clutter, really.

-Make you able too see number of players in server and max players when you get server list

Although this would require some shrinking of all the text on that screen (to make room) I think this is an ok idea, assuming there's not some problem I'm not thinking of.

I think you miss the point of Ban.. (also, how would you tell it who to unban?)

-Make frozen red spring
-Make frozen blue spring
Or just have the "Frozen Spring" event have a variable that changes the color. Same with Spring-crate, preferrably.

Newspaz
May 20, 2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by &gt;&gt;Møønßlãzé&lt;&lt;

How about cleaning up your banlist.lst file?

Krezack
May 20, 2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by defalcon
Because with the coding of JJ2 that only Arjan and the others is able to understand and modify, we'd be a mess. ;)

No more then the infinity engine chitin.key file is to understand. all we need is some DEVOTED people to try and make sense of how the anim file works.

>>Møønßlãzé<<
Jun 8, 2002, 11:36 PM
Erm....banlist Newspaz?

Super Saiyan
Jun 19, 2002, 11:40 AM
1) Limit X-Scroll to the left
2) Limit Y-Scroll up/down

Trafton AT
Jun 26, 2002, 09:27 PM
1. Stop jjnowalls from working in multiplayer.
2. Allow private messanging to individuals not in your game
3. Allow someone to see players before they enter a server
4. Fix the private server handshake bug
More coming as I think of them...

Trafton AT
Jun 26, 2002, 09:37 PM
There could also be an option to automaticly remove players from the banlist. It could search other games to see a player who matches the IP and display the name instead of the IP but if they're offline, display "OFFLINE [IP]" and then you could decide who to UNBAN. Then again, this wouldn't necessarily require a patch, just some good programming.

Violet CLM
Jun 27, 2002, 01:57 PM
Not all layers can be textured.
Animations in textured backgrounds don't work.
Rotating Rocks do not always move when triggered.

That's all I can think of for now.

Taz
Jul 4, 2002, 02:57 AM
Fix the 1.23-1.24 things. (OW NO! I SAVED MY LEVEL IN 1.24, or somethings) (That you can in 1 jj2 in the 2 versions. That wants everyone. I think. No? I'm not good in thinkin')

BlazinDragon
Jul 4, 2002, 06:25 AM
Dont mind me asking, but STOP ARGUING AND GET SOME IDEAS DOWN OR THE JAZZ2 COMMUNITY WILL NEVER BUILD JJ3- well, modify jj2 into jj3. We still dont have the source code tho.. So anyone have good ideas that can actually make JJ3 work? And where can we find a 3D engine that wont cost hundreds of dollars? Good luck to everyone who is trying.

>>Møønßlãzé<<
Jul 7, 2002, 06:29 AM
I'd like if it where posible making more layers in JCS.

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 7, 2002, 11:28 AM
Hey Moonblaze. How did you do that instant death thing in one of your easter levels?

MoonBlazE
Jul 20, 2002, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by JanusJackrabbit
Hey Moonblaze. How did you do that instant death thing in one of your easter levels? I never made an easter level.

Make shields going off by getting damage like the bird.
Instead of on time.

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 20, 2002, 06:36 AM
Sorry, I must have been thinking of someone else.

Violet CLM
Jul 20, 2002, 12:48 PM
You're thinking of Chander/Chandie/whichever. It's quite simple.
In single player, if you have the red flag, then deliver it to a blue base, you die (go back to start pos, or most recent checkpoint) except you do not lose a life. Chand-something, from what I can tell, had you fall into a small room with both of them in it, but covered in layer 3.

JanusJackrabbit
Jul 20, 2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks, Unknown!:D

StormyThunder
Aug 5, 2002, 04:47 PM
Hmm... well... I'd kind of like the Rocket Turtle to be an enemy instead of a boss. It's in the enemies section, but you have to activate him like a boss. Oh, and I think the rocket turtle flies away too fast... you need super fast fire in order to kill him. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though. It'd also be nice if the Tweedle Boss would actually be able to be seen when defeating him. It's hard to tell where the boss is when he's invisible. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though.

Violet CLM
Aug 5, 2002, 10:06 PM
Use Area IDs around him, paticularly thick at his upper left, if you want to keep Rocket Turtle around.

defalcon
Aug 6, 2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by StormyThunder
Hmm... well... I'd kind of like the Rocket Turtle to be an enemy instead of a boss. It's in the enemies section, but you have to activate him like a boss. Oh, and I think the rocket turtle flies away too fast... you need super fast fire in order to kill him. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though. It'd also be nice if the Tweedle Boss would actually be able to be seen when defeating him. It's hard to tell where the boss is when he's invisible. I'm not sure if you could fix that or not though.
Well, Rocket Turtle was never finished; a reason it might fly away so quickly and have no attacks and do nothing except fly away and follow Area ID's. ;P

Uhm, Tweedle was never finished either...he's less incomplete than the Rocket Turtle, and probably doesn't have a completed animation set, let alone programming for behaviour (he has at least ONE frame of animation, but that could be it).

The Hye Circus
Aug 8, 2002, 11:10 AM
I think it would be a good idea to like platforms work in multiplayer. Thats all I want, besides that trigger zone 2.

Bobby aka Dizzy
Aug 8, 2002, 12:28 PM
Trigger zones work fine in multiplayer.

The Hye Circus
Aug 8, 2002, 01:12 PM
Of course Trigger Zones work fine. I just want Trigger Zone 2, which affects everyone in multiplayer, not just the person who triggered it.

JanusJackrabbit
Aug 8, 2002, 06:07 PM
That doesn't matter if the people are forced to go through a trigger zone.

The Hye Circus
Aug 8, 2002, 08:42 PM
No. It doesn't work that way. I posted this somewhere else. The Trigger Zones are used like Trigger Crates, only they unswitch the Triggers too. I'll show you my level, but I will tell you Trigger Zones DO NOT work fine. (For my level. They work fine in other levels, but not in mine.)

Iam Canadian
Aug 19, 2002, 07:45 PM
Here's my(small)wishlist:

1.Give Tweedle some behaviour and animations

2.Fix Devan so he doesn't take huge damage from one non-weapon attack and make it so if you stomp him into a devil, he doesn't die in one hit.Urgh, thats annoying!(From a designer's point of view):mad:

3.Make events work on the very sides of the screen.

4.Give all bosses "intro text", not just Robot Devan.

5.Make Robot Devan work properly with other bosses, so he's not
limited to one boss to control.(EG:Able to control Bolly as well as Robot)

6.Fix Bolly so if you die while fighting him, you don't see Bolly's empty bottom area floating there until you touch Activate Boss.

7.Add a "miniboss" of whatever parameter so you can make more than one boss fight per level.

8.Add "Jazz Boss" into event list so you don't have to use an MCE to work it

9.FIX THE "CONNECTION TIMED OUT"ERROR!! That infuriates me to NO END!:mad: :mad: :mad:

...That's all I can think of for now.

defalcon
Aug 19, 2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Iam Canadian
1.Give Tweedle some behaviour and animations
Read my above post.
2.Fix Devan so he doesn't take huge damage from one non-weapon attack and make it so if you stomp him into a devil, he doesn't die in one hit.Urgh, thats annoying!(From a designer's point of view):mad:
I suppose this is a bug yes, although seeing as he's easy to kill anyway I'm not too fussed.
3.Make events work on the very sides of the screen.
That's a biig bug, also the cause of the repeating flag bug and means you can't pick up ammo that falls there.
4.Give all bosses "intro text", not just Robot Devan.
This would be more convinient, but you can just stick text strings near the activate boss events.
5.Make Robot Devan work properly with other bosses, so he's not
limited to one boss to control.(EG:Able to control Bolly as well as Robot)
Huh? You can stick him with any boss combination afaik. In fact, a Robot Devan, boxed off Bubba with stop enemy events produces some interesting results...(old J2C thingie I discovered)
6.Fix Bolly so if you die while fighting him, you don't see Bolly's empty bottom area floating there until you touch Activate Boss.
...huh?
7.Add a "miniboss" of whatever parameter so you can make more than one boss fight per level.[/B][/QUOTE]
That would be QUITE useful actually? :)
8.Add "Jazz Boss" into event list so you don't have to use an MCE to work it
Considering it's not really an event, I dunno how it'd work, really it's just a Devan boss with sprit changes and it seems, a few behaviour changes.
9.FIX THE "CONNECTION TIMED OUT"ERROR!! That infuriates me to NO END!:mad: :mad: :mad:
That message is caused by a bad connection to the server. There's an easy way to prevent this: Get a better internet connection. ;P

The Hye Circus
Aug 20, 2002, 05:22 AM
Most Jazz Single Player games I play include boss fights with more then one boss. I think it would be a good idea to get a second health bar in for that boss.

Iam Canadian
Aug 20, 2002, 10:41 AM
Well for me, if I ever die fighting Bolly, and I get back to his area, I see the bottom area of Bolly(anything below the eye) floating there, until I touch Activate Boss. And, unless I hide Robot somewhere, having Devan without a Robot makes the game give me give Access Violations or really glitchy stuff.Another useful addition would be giving Bolly(glitchy, ain't he?:p) an "Endtext" parameter, so his endtext doesn't HAVE to be 0.And before you ask, I'm using many Single Player wishes, because most multiplayer ones I have have been said.;)

Trafton AT
Aug 22, 2002, 01:09 PM
Make it an option whether a boss ends the level or not. That would let you have "minibosses."

Iam Canadian
Aug 27, 2002, 06:56 PM
Yes, that's what I meant.;) Think about it! In one level, you fight Devan and his tin can robot. Then, after the robot is defeated, you continue. Then. at the end, fight Devan mano-a-mano! Sound lame? OK it is.;) More suggestions:

-More text strings (I HAVE run out)
-Make platforms work in Party Mode
-Fix the CTF bug
-MP3 support
-"Homecooked Episodes" selection, with a J2E maker, to make Episode pics to organize them easier.

Kientero
Aug 29, 2002, 06:15 PM
I have an IDEA for JCS.

When you are on your way to chose for a music for your level, you will find a scroll-button (on the right side) that will scroll down a list under it, showing all of musics that are in your JJ2 folder.
And if you wanted to hear the music you've had chosen for the level, two buttons "Play" & "Stop" will be under the "Help" button.

I'll find some more Idea's later, but for now *stretching his arms* I have to got to bed... -.-zzZ

Hey "Was my english any good? Cuz I've haven't done it for YEARS!" :p

thumper cc
Sep 1, 2002, 06:00 AM
hey, how about you make it so you can use an enemy like a trigger crate, so when you kill the enemy it triggers the scenery, that could be used in test levels, like you have to beat a tuf turtle to pass through, unless there is already a way to do that, then i could make my zelda level

Trafton AT
Sep 1, 2002, 10:05 AM
If only one thing had to be fixed, I want to fix the bug that doesn't display your text when you press ENTER in a chat! It infuriates me to a huge extent! ARGH.

4I Falcon
Sep 5, 2002, 02:04 PM
Make the | and ^ (infinite symbol) work inside JJ2, so you don't have to go to the registry to change them. It ticks me off, that whenever I decide to play as not myself, I have to go back into the registry afterwards and change my name back.

whoops, did I just say that? :eek:

JanusJackrabbit
Sep 5, 2002, 06:30 PM
Or have a checkbox that swiches it for you(like smilies).

Violet CLM
Sep 5, 2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Trafton AT
If only one thing had to be fixed, I want to fix the bug that doesn't display your text when you press ENTER in a chat! It infuriates me to a huge extent! ARGH.

This happens when you backspace the message you were previously typing past the first character.

4I Falcon
Sep 6, 2002, 08:00 PM
so it's not just "randomly-decide-not-to-display-your-chat syndrome"?

Trafton AT
Sep 6, 2002, 08:07 PM
Nope.
But it still needs to be fixed. Is there a real reason for this, or is it just bad programming?

Another Jazz 2 fan
Sep 6, 2002, 10:46 PM
Hmmm... full list later. (How many topics like this are there? Pretty sure I replied to at least ONE of them...)

Quick idea: in relation to mini-bosses/ option for boss to not end level, how about option for boss to open a trigger zone when you defeat him?

Trafton AT
Sep 7, 2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Another Jazz 2 fan
Hmmm... full list later. (How many topics like this are there? Pretty sure I replied to at least ONE of them...)

Quick idea: in relation to mini-bosses/ option for boss to not end level, how about option for boss to open a trigger zone when you defeat him?

GREAT idea. I think that it would solve the whole miniboss thing. ;)

RedShade
Jan 2, 2003, 03:30 AM
An ability to flip tiles vertically in JCS could be useful. Maybe.
(OK, I admit it, there's a topic here about that!) ;)

And Lori Start Pos. Useful, too. :p

Radium
Jan 4, 2003, 03:29 PM
I'd like to see an ID for destruct scenery. For instance, if you break scenery with an ID of 4, all scenery with an ID of 4 will break. Not only would this let you have trigger scenery, but you could make multi-tile objects you could destroy by shooting any part of them.

Trafton
Jan 4, 2003, 03:39 PM
Personally, I would like a feature in 1.25 that causes something nearby to explode whenever a person attempts to make a Battle1 edit.

Alister
Jan 5, 2003, 07:05 AM
Hear! hear!

And battle2, for that matter.

Blackraptor
Jan 5, 2003, 05:02 PM
-Fix warp backround (In other words meaning you can make a warp backround with having more or less tiles than 8x8
-Make the gems you collect still be counted after surpassing 100 (In sp)
-Add more things to ambient sound
-Make some of the enemies which dont work properly work properly
-Make that when you do the uppercut and hit an enemy above, you keep going instead of the uppercut stopping after killing the enemy therefore making you fall down
-Allow things to move/animate without having to make frames for them (True, it sounds impossible, but it would make any tileset maker's life better aka meaning he wont have to use up energy and space making animations)
-Make ambient lighting work in water
-Make the spike bolls undestructable (Because if you shoot a regular spike boll, not 3d, enough times it will eventually "break"
-Make an event which makes jazz start praying for Blackraptor
-Thats all

Myk
Jan 19, 2003, 09:04 AM
Are possible create a new bosses? If yes, create a Jazz, Spaz and Lori! When the 1.25 version is create? How many procents you have done? 25%?

shaney
Jan 20, 2003, 03:13 AM
Session Start (ICQ - 165713666:Unhit): Mon Jan 20 13:10:55 2003
the jazz2o reporter: if there ever was a jazz2 1.25 patch what should it all have
Unhit: Combining 1.23 and TSF, preventing people from using things like Jazztool to enter passworded servers, a function to chat to people without joining servers

Unhit: and much more I can't think of atm

Unhit: ow, Lori should be belanced so it could be worth playing her
the jazz2o reporter: aha we of 1.24 where thinking of a other thing Mp3 abillety in jcs and higher resolution
Unhit: higher resolution will be hard
the jazz2o reporter: do you think that all jazz2 like 1.23 1.24 tsf and xmas should merge
the jazz2o reporter: no i mean that jcs could use more collours
Unhit: liek custom tilesets?
the jazz2o reporter: yes if you make your own tileset u can use fotos
Unhit: not as long a stups from TSF can enter a private 1.23, e.g. duel-, server with jazztool
the jazz2o reporter: 3d pictures
Unhit: playing wc3
cu
the jazz2o reporter: i want some thing that if you make a server that rookies download your level online not in your server cause you may have FL
Unhit: and how to prevent that?
the jazz2o reporter: FL is Freeze lag
the jazz2o reporter: the worse lag of all
Unhit: I know that man
Unhit: but how do you want to prevent it?
the jazz2o reporter: cya
Unhit: there is no way

Radium
Jan 20, 2003, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by shaney

the jazz2o reporter: yes if you make your own tileset u can use fotos

The worst part is that this guy is 17 years old.

Myk
Jan 23, 2003, 03:57 AM
Is it a site about Jazz Jackrabbit 1.25 version?

PhAyzoN
Jan 26, 2003, 04:04 PM
Rocket Turtle? wuts that? i dont see it

BTW:in Defost TRC's levels (sumtimes) he put events that shoots stuff like seeks and fire. How can u do this?

Proud Member Of The Rapid Clan A|<A
Thousandeyes Restrict Clan

JouluPam94
Feb 17, 2003, 11:15 PM
Also Lori should have a higher jump.. Maby when u start to fly with yer ears Lori flyes a little higher....

(And this is such a funny smiley! :lol: )

Trafton
Feb 18, 2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Myk
Is it a site about Jazz Jackrabbit 1.25 version?
No, this would be an update to the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 game. It may not happen, but it probably will if we ever get the source code.

Iam Canadian
Feb 18, 2003, 01:30 PM
Here's an idea...have a parameter for every enemy to change the amount of shots required to kill the enemy. So, for example, lizards that take 10 hits, or Tuf Turtles that take 2 hits.

Tubz
Feb 20, 2003, 02:36 PM
Onag, needs to read this topic. And Onage make sure you read my huge list on page 1.

SpEaR_MaN
Feb 26, 2003, 08:25 AM
ITS LIKE COOL BUT WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT?

Radium
Feb 26, 2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by SpEaR_MaN
ITS LIKE COOL BUT WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD IT?
You can download it here.

FQuist
Feb 26, 2003, 11:07 AM
Haha.

It's not available yet, SpEaR_MaN

Shiverz CC
Mar 9, 2003, 09:16 AM
;P

Tik
Mar 10, 2003, 09:12 AM
I am curious as to exactly what will happen after the patch is finished. Some of the current ideas and features in Jazz2 revolve around bugs in Jazz2 itself. For example, in single player levels you can use a red and blue CTF base to cause a person to die without losing a life, which is technically a bug since CTF bases have no place in an SP level and there is no reason it should have you die. So what if this bug, albiet rather harmless, was removed? Levels that used this feature in some case may no longer function correctly. Of course, there are reasons Jazz2 works this way (testing a level from JCS automatically puts it in SP mode), so perhaps this isn't a bug...and this example could probably be "solved" by a Kill event that caused someone to die, and you could set if it causes you to lose a life, or something. But still, what then?

Of course, this is just one example, I'm sure others could be contrived. For example, how Trigger Zones don't effect everyone in the game, just the server.

Would it be feasible to acheive a "mode" for levels, where perhaps it purposely left in necessary bugs? Or might that be too much of a problem..?

Trafton
Mar 10, 2003, 11:05 AM
I do not see much harm in keeping the CTF base thing the way it is. After all, there is very little use of CTF bases in single player other than to automatically "kill" a player. Still, a "kill" event would be nice.

And Shiverz, if you really wish to revive a topic, please make a senseful post that explains your reasons as opposed to ";P" or "I just wanted to revive this" and whatnot.

Violet CLM
Mar 10, 2003, 11:34 AM
It might be nice to have you be able to set a level to 1.23 mode or 1.25 mode, with 1.23 mode having all the old bugs, and 1.25 having them fixed.

The Hye Circus
Mar 10, 2003, 07:29 PM
There is no need to keep old bugs. Thats why we are doing this. What we should do is add to Jazz. It could use a few new items and touch ups.

What it really needs, it needs the Sugar Rush in multiplayer enhanced. You see, right now, it will get rid of music after your Sugar Rush. The music also goes on everyone's speakers. That must be fixed. Top Priority.

Also, being able to play MP3's would be nice.

Tik
Mar 12, 2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by The Hye Circus
There is no need to keep old bugs. Thats why we are doing this. What we should do is add to Jazz. It could use a few new items and touch ups.

What it really needs, it needs the Sugar Rush in multiplayer enhanced. You see, right now, it will get rid of music after your Sugar Rush. The music also goes on everyone's speakers. That must be fixed. Top Priority.

Also, being able to play MP3's would be nice. There may be a need to keep old bugs, because some levels have features that revolve around bugs or things that technically shouldn't happen, but do, and people use it to enhance the game. Like what Unknown Rabbit said, a mode for 1.23 where old bugs are included just because it uses that old style.

Sugar Rush in multiplayer is, imho, worthless. I will always wonder why people put food in their battle/CTF/Treasure/Race levels. Coop is a different story. But whatever.

And yes, playing mp3s in Jazz would be -very- nice, but unfortunately people would be including the mp3s with their custom levels which would <i>drastically</i> increase the filesize. Still, support for mp3s would be wonderful.

And speaking of music, another thing I've toyed with in my mind is if the custom music could be written directly into the level, which would be a nice feature since you wouldn't have to use default music or make people download the music seperately. Unfortunately it could potentially increase filesize a lot.

Another nice thing for music would be a drop down box where it lists all the compatable music files in the Jazz2 folder, and gives you a button to browse, and the ability to listen to the music directly in JCS. That would be very, very, convenient.

The Hye Circus
Mar 12, 2003, 01:05 PM
I think there should be a way to have a seperate wave file play after you get to a certain point. I mean, other then the ambient sounds, because I'd rather use my own.

Stijn
Mar 13, 2003, 05:39 AM
Try replacing the boss.j2b and boss1.j2b files in combination with the active boss event :)

The Hye Circus
Mar 13, 2003, 01:38 PM
That would work, but I'm talking more about sound effects rather then song changes.

Psyclone EW
Mar 23, 2003, 05:51 AM
It would be best to make it work with the Linux Kernel, because then it would be open source, and we could all change it to how we want, and it would work on ANY processor (the same thing would work on a Mac, Intel, SPArc, IBM, and HP UNIX boxes too). The advantage of this would be that we could host on hugley powerful computers. We would however, need to have the rights to Jazz, and enough people with Linux and some kind of C compiler (GCC???), but we could edit the textures and things, too, plus the way the game plays. /:H

KRSplat
Mar 23, 2003, 06:30 AM
Yeah, that would be nice, but it doesn't.

Newspaz
Mar 23, 2003, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Psyclone EW
It would be best to make it work with the Linux Kernel, because then it would be open source, and we could all change it to how we want, and it would work on ANY processor (the same thing would work on a Mac, Intel, SPArc, IBM, and HP UNIX boxes too). The advantage of this would be that we could host on hugley powerful computers. We would however, need to have the rights to Jazz, and enough people with Linux and some kind of C compiler (GCC???), but we could edit the textures and things, too, plus the way the game plays. /:H \

Not all programs running on Linux are open source. If I'm right.

Hare
Mar 25, 2003, 10:31 PM
Really, Jazz Jackrabbit 3 is more likely to come out than a 1.25 patch, and that is an understatement. I'm thinking that this 1.25 patch will never happen. JJ2 is pretty old news, of little concern for Epic. Just wait for JJ3 to come out. When that happens, would you really be concerned about a 1.25 patch for JJ2?

Violet CLM
Mar 25, 2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Hare
When that happens, would you really be concerned about a 1.25 patch for JJ2?

Well, yes, seeing as JJ3 would probably be 3D.

Get back on topic, please. This is a topic for bug fixes, not new features (the new features topic is somewhere around here..).

Tik
Mar 27, 2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Hare
Really, Jazz Jackrabbit 3 is more likely to come out than a 1.25 patch, and that is an understatement. I'm thinking that this 1.25 patch will never happen. JJ2 is pretty old news, of little concern for Epic. Just wait for JJ3 to come out. When that happens, would you really be concerned about a 1.25 patch for JJ2? Um, if Epic is showing less concern for Jazz, that means we are <b>more</b> likely to get a 1.25 patch. The 1.25 patch will probably be made by select community members once we get the source code. And believe me, I am nearly positive sooner or later we will get the source code. A jj3, however, is just a dream

And I was pretty sure this topic was for fixes and suggestions both, seeing as how that's what the topic's name is...

XAYo HR
Apr 5, 2003, 12:46 AM
What about implementing a tool to talk with other players while playing via microphone?http://www.Jazz2online.de :lori:

Sun Fun Dude
Apr 5, 2003, 04:47 AM
Hmmmm

*In JCS make it so you can select how much demage each wepon does
*Make wind that goes up and when you activate Jazz or Spaz's double jump or helecopter they fly up it (Cool)
*Improve AI
*Make multiplayer Bots so single players can play multiplayer alone
*MORE TILES ALLOWED IN TILESETS!!!!!
*Bigger levels alowed
*Make it so you can select any file to be the boss music
*Allow more types of music files that you can use
*Give Spaz an afro (well maybe not)
*Better home cooked lvls selection
*Diagonal pipes
*Allow one tile to have multiple events
*Make an option to dissable sugar rush in you levels
*More layers
*More MCE's
*Make it so Jazz can blow Mario's head off
*More save slots
*More colours in online play
*Make it so the names above players in online can be dissabled
*Make it so that if you type in JJmakejazz3 that Jazz Jackrabbit 3 will be made
*Allow bigger text strings
*Make it have opengl support so you can make realtime 3D backgrounds (like 3D moutains and such)
*Put in JJ1 enemys!

Well thats it.

Violet CLM
Apr 5, 2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Sun Fun Dude
Pardon me, but why? Other then powered up Pepper Spray/Electro Blaster, I think all the damages are well coordinated.
*Bigger levels alowed
Do you seriously want levels bigger then 1023 tiles vertically/horizontally? Having levels that big makes events not work, even.
*Diagonal pipes
Already exist.
Oh, sure, and get everyone sued...
Purple could be added, yellow couldn't be (not enough colors). Any more would involve drastically changing how tilesets work, and I don't think we want that. :)
*Casually pushes the F8 key*
*Make it have opengl support so you can make realtime 3D backgrounds (like 3D moutains and such)
Let's stick with layers here, all right?

Trafton
Apr 5, 2003, 01:48 PM
What do you mean? That would make it complicated, especially if one weapon had more than one damage value.
*Make wind that goes up and when you activate Jazz or Spaz's double jump or helecopter they fly up it (Cool)
Would this be an animation thing or an actual gameplay change?
*Improve AI
I suppose that would work for bosses, but basic enemies...no.
*Make multiplayer Bots so single players can play multiplayer alone
It's been tried. With little success.
*MORE TILES ALLOWED IN TILESETS!!!!!
TSF did that.
*Bigger levels alowed
There isn't really a limit on level size, although really big levels cause amnesia errors.
*Make it so you can select any file to be the boss music
Makes sense.
*Allow more types of music files that you can use
Okay.
*Give Spaz an afro (well maybe not)
No.
*Better home cooked lvls selection
Better in what way? More allowed? More detailed listings?
*Diagonal pipes
It's been done.
*Allow one tile to have multiple events
Okay.
*Make an option to dissable sugar rush in you levels
Just don't put in food.
*More layers
Okay.
*More MCE's
What kind? The MCE's are mostly useless.
I can just picture the lawsuit now.
*More save slots
Or less.
I like this idea, but more like actually having the colors inbetween work.
They already can be. Use F8.
*Make it so that if you type in JJmakejazz3 that Jazz Jackrabbit 3 will be made
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
*Allow bigger text strings
Bigger? They already allow them to go off the screen. How can you make them bigger?
That would be hard, being that all tilesets are bitmaps.
*Put in JJ1 enemys!
That would more than fill up the 255 event slots, but if more were put in, I suppose.

XAYo HR
Apr 5, 2003, 10:47 PM
Allow Big Text
_______________________http://www.die-2-easy.de/Pastille

$tilettø
Apr 5, 2003, 11:46 PM
Allow Big Text
Capslock. that should be big enough already

Make new name color
Uhm, thats already possible

XAYo HR
Apr 6, 2003, 12:16 AM
Make Jazz for 98,2000,me,xp not for 95:lol:

$tilettø
Apr 6, 2003, 12:20 AM
Stay on topic a bit, i wouldn't call that a Suggestion,

Anyway its obviously that jazz ALREADY works on most of those Operating Systems

XAYo HR
Apr 6, 2003, 12:45 AM
Make a tool for EASY tileset Makinghttp://www.kickhunter.com/assets/images/Cover_1_neu_rot_web.jpg

XAYo HR
Apr 6, 2003, 01:46 AM
Make a vote Menu for vote the next lvl

Tik
Apr 6, 2003, 02:03 AM
Voting for the next level would be a little too arduous. Perhaps just being able to set it so you can change what level is next would be nice.

And there is no 'easy' way to make a tileset. Make a program especially for tileset making would be a waste.

Shiverz CC
Apr 6, 2003, 08:51 AM
Jazz and Spaz and Lori should be able to morph into different baddies so that the baddies dont reconise them and dont hurt them :D

Tik
Apr 7, 2003, 04:26 AM
How about not.

mikeejimbo
Apr 14, 2003, 12:14 PM
This is mostly just a re-printing of other ideas, but leads up to something new.

*Being able to make a destructable, animating tile. This may already be possible, if so please tell me.

*More then one event per tile would be nice

*And I really agree with whoever said Macros! With that, we would be able to make entirely new Jazz 2 game modes.

Also, if blocks could be destructable and animated, we would be able to make new enemies by placing animation that makes it look like they were moving, destructable blocks so that we could kill them, and hurt so they hurt us. Yay!

PS. A really neat idea: If you could have an option where your hits carry on to the next level. So if you left the last level with one heart, you'd start with one heart in the next level.

JSZ Mateusz
Jul 8, 2003, 01:02 AM
*Make frog (pie) and bird warp. (in single Player )
*Make more hearts in CTF
*Make something
*Make teamchat work correct
*Make NONE

Shiverz CC
Jul 9, 2003, 07:38 AM
Team chat does work you just press shift + t ... I think ... it worked for me

Sciz CT
Jul 9, 2003, 01:37 PM
However, team chat only works with even and odd numbers, not Red and Blue teams. And on a random whim, I'd like to see Yellow and Green sides in CTF.

Sciz CT
Jul 12, 2003, 08:06 PM
Something else that just struck me, although I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet: Coin triggers.

Michael
Jul 25, 2003, 05:43 AM
-Less flashing time when you get hurt
-Spikes on walls and cieling
-Fix coloured server names to look normal
-Make the gameplay and movement more like Jazz1
-Long range weapons (sniping etc.) and melee weapons (trout etc.)
-Fall damage, parachutes
-Random level genorator??
-Fix jump shoes
-Stop spaz from jumpy dancing like a complete moron on the spot...he's suppose to just be silly.
-Make diffrent looking airboards and stuff

edit: page claimed by me

Ryoushi
Jul 25, 2003, 09:29 AM
If nobody mentioned this yet, make it so events can be edited further after a generator is put on them. Because from my experience, after you make generator, you can't really edit the event, which can sometimes cause problems. Like with boxes, if they regenerate, you cant put an extra item in them.

Violet CLM
Jul 25, 2003, 11:52 AM
-Make the gameplay and movement more like Jazz1
This is a patch, not a complete recode.
-Fall damage, parachutes
See above.
HOW ABOUT NO? :D
-Stop spaz from jumpy dancing like a complete moron on the spot...he's suppose to just be silly.
No, actually, he's not.

Radium
Jul 25, 2003, 11:55 AM
Foo Races authors do this job well enough.

Gecko
Jul 25, 2003, 04:02 PM
Be able to edit baddies

DanYjel
Aug 3, 2003, 03:50 PM
Ok. My ideas is these:
Delete 256 limit in home cooked list (Delete is nice word...)
Make it to 1.24 version, then all will able play multiplayer games.
Add Rocket Turtle Boss and Tweedle boss.
I think it is not good idea making lot of changes.
Add Lori
And, but this is maybe other thing, make program, what will able make new animations, or edit current. (Characters, enemies...)New characters. There will, abilities of Jazz, Spaz, Lori, Bird or Frog. For example I make Eva with sidekick like Spaz and with ears like Jazz. Good thing. Only, this will new program...

Violet CLM
Aug 3, 2003, 05:24 PM
Ok. My ideas is these:
Delete 256 limit in home cooked list (Delete is nice word...)
Problem is, it would just take forever to load. Remaking the HCL would be more practical, but this is just a patch, so unlikely.
Make it to 1.24 version, then all will able play multiplayer games.
1.24? I thought we were talking about 1.25.
Add Rocket Turtle Boss and Tweedle boss.
You know, the Rocket Turtle already exists.

DanYjel
Aug 4, 2003, 01:17 AM
You know, the Rocket Turtle already exists.
Yes, but no works.

DanYjel
Aug 4, 2003, 01:18 AM
Problem is, it would just take forever to load. Remaking the HCL would be more practical, but this is just a patch, so unlikely.

Then make two imaginal homecooked lists and give it to one.

Violet CLM
Aug 4, 2003, 01:41 AM
Yes, but no works.
Yes, but yes works. True, it's a little buggy, but what part of JJ2 isn't?

DanYjel
Aug 4, 2003, 05:27 PM
Yes, but yes works. True, it's a little buggy, but what part of JJ2 isn't?
Then, unbuggy it!!!

Joseph Collins
Sep 4, 2003, 11:26 PM
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This -- obviously -- isn't much of a fix, but more of a suggestion.&nbsp; Add Devan Shell to the Multiplayer Characters roster in Jazz Jackrabbit 2 v1.2x.&nbsp; He has all the necessary animations, aside from grappling and injury sprites, but I wouldn't think those would be too hard to add.&nbsp; If so, then just make him unable to grapple, and jerry-rig something with his existing sprites, for his injury sprites.

Violet CLM
Sep 5, 2003, 01:03 AM
I must disagree. Let us compare sprite sheets.

Devan can run left and right, jump left and right, stand still, stand still and shoot, warp, and turn into a demon.

Jazz can do all of this, except for turn into a demon, but he can turn into a frog and back, which Devan can not. He can also hang from things, hold onto swinging vines, bounce off of springs, jump straight up and down, spin through sucker tubes, be hurt, shoot while in midair, duck, shoot while ducking, walk, shoot while walking, rev up to run, use his special moves, buttstomp, hang onto a copter, fly around on an airboard, change directions on an airboard, be drunk from smoke rings, and probably several (many?) others I'm forgetting.

Not that I know why Devan would be added to MP but not SP.

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess Devan can fall straight down and sit dejectedly as well. But still.

XAYo HR
Sep 26, 2003, 04:10 AM
Originial Postet by Haze

Wish list:
- Full *.xm/*.it-modules support (Update Galaxy Sound System or use FMOD-engine?)
- Any of the above mentioned music formats in their compressed from (zipped: *.xmz/*.itz/etc.)
- Custom music format (*.x2b) similar to that of Unreal (multiple songs per file)
- 24 bit colors or full 16 bit colors support (instead of 16 bit whilst using an 8 bit palette)
- User customizable in-game events (e.g. scripted as in Unreal(tm)) via scripting
- Visual effects hard-coded instead of e.g. palet-animations (warping backgrounds)
- ********-like server system (no central game-servers)
hhlevel1.x2l - level 1
hhlevel2.x2l - level 2
hhlevel3.x2l - level 3
hhmusic.x2m - music file
title.gif - picture for episode title in selection screen (using magic-pink for transparency)
hh2002.lst - level list
- Define order of levels in seperate file rather than in the levels themselves. Use *.lst for this, e.g.
void start() {
hhlevel1.x2l
if ( eol == 0 ) {
hhlevel2.x2l
} else {
hhlevel3.x2l
}
}
- Backwards compatible multiplayer games, i.e. higher version clients can connect to lower version servers but NOT vice versa
- "No fire zone"-event as a switch rather as a zone-layer, i.e. if "No fire zone" is set to "0" and the player
passes through that block, "no fire" is set to "off". If "No fire zone" is set to "1" and the player passes through that block,
- Lose current carrying weapon upon being roasted, left to be picked up by offending player
- Fix flag bugs
You can only use events from different categories on one tile at the same time.)
- Use more memory (if available; probably will need a whole lot more than the original Jazz Jackrabbit 2)
- Don't quit program upon missing a file, instead give an error and the option to go back to the previous/main menu
- Make all weapon powerups really do something (e.g. the TNT powerup does virtually nothing now)
- Add commands to use in the game for e.g. changing names (e.g. "/set_name Haze")
- Add MOTD for servers
- In CTF and other team-modes have the engine overwrite any coloured names and use the team colours
- If (in online game) user is using items not present in the level then "auto-kick"
- Add some anti-spam options (e.g. if line is "displayed" more than 5 times it will be blocked out
- Option in the level editor (JCS) to save in an older compatible mode (e.g. v1.23/v1.24 compatible)
- Players that are inputting text or commands are marked with an "!" above their heads ingame
- Ability to input coloured (server)names ingame instead of using an outside tool
- Fix the Lori-copter problem (Lori can already use the copter, it's just not implemented right)

-Make a prog to join jj2 Servers with Buddy list and Favorite list :D

-Make a prog to make Server stats

-Make the F9 List better

----------------------------------------------------------------------
END of Post

XAYo HR
Sep 26, 2003, 04:15 AM
Originial Postet by Haze

Wish list:
- ********-like server system (no central game-servers)
hhlevel1.x2l - level 1
hhlevel2.x2l - level 2
hhlevel3.x2l - level 3
hhmusic.x2m - music file
hh2002.lst - level list
void start() {
hhlevel1.x2l
if ( eol == 0 ) {
hhlevel2.x2l
} else {
hhlevel3.x2l
}
}
- Fix flag bugs
- Add MOTD for servers

-Make a prog to join jj2 Servers with Buddy list and Favorite list :D

-Make a prog to make Server stats

-Make the F9 List better

-Make a Auto Relist Option for better pings
----------------------------------------------------------------------
END of Post

Stud
Dec 19, 2003, 11:29 PM
This all are nice fixes, but i don't think that a version
1.25 is coming.

XAYo HR
Dec 20, 2003, 01:55 AM
make .jjskin files for chaneging skins

MAke a console

and make a prog for renaming in Game

and make Smiely Quickies how :O ----> :O

Stijn
Dec 20, 2003, 11:59 AM
MAke a console

Try the Spy window. You can't give commands in it but that has no use for JJ2 either I guess.

Odin
Dec 22, 2003, 07:50 PM
Ideas:

*-Allow choice to play as Jazz, Spaz, or Lori when running level from JCS.
*-Create password retriveal system.
*-Allow Ambient Lighting in hardware mode.

Also, I've noticed that when using textured backgrounds, the back of the screen is black unless values are assigned to the color fades. Program the JCS so it takes all the pixel colors in the textured background, finds the medium, and uses that color in the back, like in the offical levels. I hope I made sense.

Oh, and some special moves for Devan (If he becomes a character):

Special Move: Weight Shift (Press Jump + direction you want to thrust while in midair)

Special Attack: Shell Hide (Press Duck, then Jump to hide in your shell, invulrnible for 3 seconds, then come popping out, hurting all enemies nearby)

-RoW_Odin314

Violet CLM
Dec 22, 2003, 08:40 PM
*-Create password retriveal system.
...a password to access the password?
Also, I've noticed that when using textured backgrounds, the back of the screen is black unless values are assigned to the color fades. Program the JCS so it takes all the pixel colors in the textured background, finds the medium, and uses that color in the back, like in the offical levels. I hope I made sense.
Just play in 8-bit color. This "problem" is pretty much fixed there. Alternatively, the level creator could just bother to set a few color fades while making their level.
Special Attack: Shell Hide (Press Duck, then Jump to hide in your shell, invulrnible for 3 seconds, then come popping out, hurting all enemies nearby)
This is ok for single player, though it would probably get quite boring, but it would be all too useless in multiplayer. People would just stand there shooting at you until you popped out, and you'd be powerless to dodge. And who would walk over and stand near to someone who's about to pop out and cause damage?

mikeejimbo
Dec 23, 2003, 04:47 PM
How would weight shift work?

Odin
Dec 27, 2003, 11:35 AM
Weight shift would by Devan shifting his weight in the chosen direction, acting like Jazz's power jump or Spaz's Karate kick. It would be a compromise between helicoper ears and double jump.

Forget shell poping.

And a password retriveal system would work by asking you a question who only the password setter would know, like the name of his first pet, or his favorite type of wood.

Allow talking by microphone through chat. THAT would be cool. However, you could still chat by typing.

-RoW

Sun Fun Dude
Dec 29, 2003, 03:53 PM
And a password retriveal system would work by asking you a question who only the password setter would know, like the name of his first pet, or his favorite type of wood.

-RoW

My favorite type of wood is Red Wood.

Allow talking by microphone through chat. THAT would be cool. However, you could still chat by typing.

-RoW

Uh... no. With like 5 people in the game all trying to chat at once with the mic AND trying to chat over the music and sound effects it would get loud. So just stick to text okay?

EDIT: Oh yeah and the mic sounds would probobly come out all fuzzed up and hurt your ears.

Derby: Content removal.

Odin
Jan 10, 2004, 07:47 PM
I meant like talking into the microphone, and JJ2 would turn what you said into text. No confusion.

Also, there should be a button you could press on your gamepad to access chat mode.

-RoW

R3ptile
Jan 30, 2004, 10:02 AM
All the replies here posted by really bored people... v1.25 will never release, we can't do much (I think we can't do something at all...), then don't waste your time in this page.

Shiverz CC
Jan 30, 2004, 12:44 PM
2 player chat
T by itself - Player 1's name and chat text
T+(players number eg 2) - Player 2's name would appear with chat text
This would come in handy for people with split screen.

A built in Tileset editor

When you click a persons name on the list in multiplay it brings up a personal details menu like age and where they come from to save people from asking where are you from whats your age and stuff like that

Eva as a playable character (she is in my fangame)

A built in uploader. When you start JJ2 it has and upload menu which allows you to upload levels quickly and easily without any hassel

This sounds stupid but because there Vertical and Horizontal spilt screen how about diagonal for 2 players only to make it a bit harder to see

Violet CLM
Jan 30, 2004, 03:44 PM
A built in Tileset editor
This has been talked about before. And it would not be built in, no more than JCS is built into JJ2. Really, who needs Epic for that sort of thing?

When you click a persons name on the list in multiplay it brings up a personal details menu like age and where they come from to save people from asking where are you from whats your age and stuff like that
JJ2 doesn't Use the mouse.

Eva as a playable character (she is in my fangame)
This is a patch, not a expansion like TSF. Besides, do you really want to have Eva capture the flag (guarded by Eva) and get kissed by Eva when a frog? It wouldn't make much sense.

A built in uploader. When you start JJ2 it has and upload menu which allows you to upload levels quickly and easily without any hassel
...upload to what?

This sounds stupid but because there Vertical and Horizontal spilt screen how about diagonal for 2 players only to make it a bit harder to see
JJ2 is rectangle based. It has readouts in all four corners. This wouldn't work too well if the screen was split diagonally.

Sun Fun Dude
Jan 30, 2004, 05:37 PM
*higher res (like maybe 800, 600 or something)
*More JCS flexibilty (like JCS94)
*If you could decode the animation librarys perhaps there could be an animation library viewer/editor. I'm sure this could be done if we got the source code.
*Ability to add your own ambient sounds
*Allow more music formats (MP3, perhaps Midi or wav but I think MP3 would be most acceptable)
*If you stomp Devan when he is almost at Demon form he only takes one shot to kill as a Demon, I'm not sure if this was intended but its pretty much like cheating and should probobly be dropped.
*Said it before but we should be able to put atleast 3 or 4 different events on one tile, think about it a distruction block thats also a hurt tile thus resulting in a fully working custom enemy!
*said many times but more layers, perhaps 20 or so maybe 50!
*Make regenerating trigger box's work!
*Fix that annoying CTF bug where it won't stop displaying: "Bob has captured the flag, Bob has captured the flag, Bob has captured the flag, Bob has captured the flag ect!
*Make it so that you can resize windows in JCS (like the tile set window ect) horrizontily as well. This would be helpful in some cases!

Derby: Content removal. Avoid posting offensive words, especially when unnecessary.

XAYo HR
Jan 31, 2004, 11:47 AM
A user prog (for all CS players(like Steam)) with friend list and Favorit servers User Database and a ID to ban CHeaterz form the network

Risp_old
Jan 31, 2004, 11:49 AM
A user prog (for all CS players(like Steam)) with friend list and Favorit servers User Database and a ID to ban CHeaterz form the network
Anyone can ban anybody they like from the listserver? Isn't that... bad?

R3ptile
Feb 1, 2004, 06:39 AM
- Fix all the flagbugs and the carrot bug.
- View JJ2 in high resolutions.
- Option to make screenshot by press F11 as *.jpg
- Option to record a replay of your and the people in your server's JJ2 playing in the server by press F12.
- Option to view your records in JJ2... (with option to change player to view, stop, pause, play, etc..)
- Option to be spectator...
- Fix the bug that the teamchat doesn't work if you joined as red\blue.
- Option to an idle server. (only watch and host, the players can't see you in the game)

XAYo HR
Feb 1, 2004, 11:04 PM
- Fix all the flagbugs and the carrot bug.
- View JJ2 in high resolutions.
- Option to make screenshot by press F11 as *.jpg
- Option to record a replay of your and the people in your server's JJ2 playing in the server by press F12.
- Option to view your records in JJ2... (with option to change player to view, stop, pause, play, etc..)
- Option to be spectator...
- Fix the bug that the teamchat doesn't work if you joined as red\blue.
- Option to an idle server. (only watch and host, the players can't see you in the game)
Good things but,
-Make a script Language like the UT Console Language for Clanmods Adminmods.....
-make .j2s files for changin SKins
-Make it possibly to kill players in your time on CTF
-Make a nice new layout

So that all and then have whe UT 2D

scatman
Feb 8, 2004, 03:04 AM
I dont know if this is alredy said or possible, but:

Make jj2 1.25 connect via more common HTTP (80 instead of 10052~10057) or so ports, those that are connected trough in a router for normal website acces, so that everyone can play without having to set their router.

Monolith
Feb 8, 2004, 05:35 PM
Make jj2 1.25 connect via more common HTTP (80 instead of 10052~10057) or so ports, those that are connected trough in a router for normal website acces, so that everyone can play without having to set their router.

You don't want a game to default to using a common port because that port may already be in use. Most routers block those common ports by default anyway to protect against trojans and backdoors. I don't know of any game servers that don't use thier own special ports, and don't require setting up routers to open those ports.

It's still a good idea to possibly make the ports that JJ2 servers listen on a user setting.

TnT
Feb 22, 2004, 12:31 AM
I cannot wait until 1.25 is released all these bugs fixed and heeps of gr8 ideas, keep up the good work evri1.
~[ÇÇ]Tõ[X]ï© a[K]a TñT

Unhit
Feb 26, 2004, 04:05 AM
TNT, unfortunately there is actually like no chance that 1.25 will ever come out :|. At least not from Epic's side. However, if such a project could come from the community, that would be awesome.

Tiberious
Feb 26, 2004, 01:11 PM
You know, this one should be obvious: IDs for collapsing scenery. That way, you could have platforms that go at once.

A less obvious, and probably tougher one: loops, and the events that go with them. People routinely use Layers 3 and 4 for their level layers. Loops could easily use a second masking scheme for Layer 3, with a 'side switch' event that could be placed near the top of the loop. The only thing that would be more difficult are sprites, but how hard could it be to make a set of walking/running sprites that are rotated 45 degrees (the other 6 positions could easily be made with clever use of flips and mirrors of the other 2 sets)?

Other, more outlandish ideas include:

Doing away with the clunky 32x32 tiles. 16x16 is the way to go. There'd be alot of tileset space saved, especially in tilesets that rely heavily-to-solely on other games' graphics, which usually use 16x16 or even 8x8 tiles.

A 'Custom Bridge' event. Using the current bridge 'engine', be able to use your own art (designated in the tileset, or just where the event is placed) to be able to create your own 'sagging bridge' graphics (even better would be if it were to use the 16x16 tiles, or have it split a 32x32 tile into left and right halves to create the effext).

Violet CLM
Feb 26, 2004, 02:43 PM
You know, this one should be obvious: IDs for collapsing scenery. That way, you could have platforms that go at once.
That would be pretty cool, but in the meantime, see my "Fun with Belts" topic. You can do this sort of thing already, to an extent.

A less obvious, and probably tougher one: loops, and the events that go with them. People routinely use Layers 3 and 4 for their level layers. Loops could easily use a second masking scheme for Layer 3, with a 'side switch' event that could be placed near the top of the loop. The only thing that would be more difficult are sprites, but how hard could it be to make a set of walking/running sprites that are rotated 45 degrees (the other 6 positions could easily be made with clever use of flips and mirrors of the other 2 sets)?
*cough* sonic ripoff *cough*

Doing away with the clunky 32x32 tiles. 16x16 is the way to go. There'd be alot of tileset space saved, especially in tilesets that rely heavily-to-solely on other games' graphics, which usually use 16x16 or even 8x8 tiles.
Why dont't we just lower the tiles to 1x1? Seriously, this would require a whole lot of rewriting, and I have no idea if JCS would be able to load previous levels.

Radium
Feb 26, 2004, 03:02 PM
Why dont't we just lower the tiles to 1x1?
Level files would be huge, but that would PWN. Remember that old Possum fangame where the levels were just a picture and a mask?

Violet CLM
Feb 26, 2004, 03:14 PM
I suppose levels would basically be like three 256 color images put together.
Wait... ten. Forgot the other layers. And then all the event parameters... not a good idea.

cooba
Sep 26, 2004, 05:41 AM
JJ1 tilesets are on J2O; most of them have questionable quality, but go for those if you have nothing better to do. JJ1 musics can be easily found there as well.

Stijn
Sep 26, 2004, 06:10 AM
pageclaim

FQuist
Sep 29, 2004, 06:15 AM
Part of this thread has been split to <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?p=241280#post241280">another topic</a> as it was offtopic. Sorry for not taking along Cooba's post but accidently another one.

cooba
Sep 29, 2004, 07:25 AM
HORRAY

And BTW, if you make a one-tiled scenery and destroy it, the tile itself won't change, but the same tile will fall being split. That doesn't look right, and should be fixed.

Stijn
Sep 29, 2004, 08:22 AM
HORRAY

And BTW, if you make a one-tiled scenery and destroy it, the tile itself won't change, but the same tile will fall being split. That doesn't look right, and should be fixed.
Just use proper destruct scenery animations, as described in the manual :P

cooba
Sep 29, 2004, 08:25 AM
Some people already used kind of animation I described so you lose.

Sonic_24
Nov 14, 2004, 05:43 AM
This is quite well... But I have PERSONALLY two problems and want to solve them. Here they are:
- Fix some bugs with Lori (she can't fly those fans which last from some bad guys:) )
- Inlude a tool to extract some Jazz music to wav (I don't talk about MP3...)

What shall we do? And when this patch is planned to appear?

Olsen
Nov 14, 2004, 06:06 AM
as soon as epic, or some handy programming guys (Overlord) plan to make it.

Sonic_24
Nov 25, 2004, 04:19 AM
This's gonna be loooong..... Okay, and how those people who need this patch shall get it? And when?

Violet CLM
Nov 25, 2004, 11:20 AM
When? Not for a long time. I refer you to the FAQ. (http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=11746#1251)

SkulL
Nov 27, 2004, 09:54 PM
this thread is old 4 years and the patch is yet to come =/

Sonic_24
Nov 29, 2004, 03:49 AM
Hmmmm... I've seen your answer on that link, Unknown Rabbit, but... WHEN this patch will be released???

Blaze The Movie Fan
Nov 29, 2004, 04:00 AM
I think the limit of enemies should be out, and the level limit also sucks! I don't have 1.24, so I can only hope for something out of 1.23!

Ragnarok!
Feb 6, 2005, 01:29 PM
Has this patch been made, or will it be? Uhm and also, try and make the event "Max Weapon" work, whatever it is.. ;)

Monolith
Feb 6, 2005, 08:49 PM
Yea, as soon as we get the source code to start working on it.

(Note: we haven't gotten the source code within the past few years)

BattleSpaz
Feb 20, 2005, 11:13 PM
>>>>>>Do internet game so, that joiners only have to use out traffic<<<<<<<

White Rabbit
Feb 21, 2005, 12:30 AM
Make a weapon 0. ;)

MasterRyu
Feb 26, 2005, 03:09 PM
Fix the amnesia error that occurs occasionally, and the over weapons pickup bug (over 100 max occasionally), make some changes for increased Windows XP compatibility. While these fixes would indeed make Jazz 2 better, I don't see how you can patch the game without an in-depth knowledge of the underlying engine (eg. source code). Too bad the source code isn't available as of yet.

Newspaz
Feb 26, 2005, 03:30 PM
Fix the amnesia error that occurs occasionally, and the over weapons pickup bug (over 100 max occasionally), make some changes for increased Windows XP compatibility. While these fixes would indeed make Jazz 2 better, I don't see how you can patch the game without an in-depth knowledge of the underlying engine (eg. source code). Too bad the source code isn't available as of yet.
I think the being able to get more than 100 ammo bug already has been fixed in 1.23? And as far as I know there are no XP compatibility problems at all Ryu? :S

Violet CLM
Feb 26, 2005, 04:21 PM
*shoots a powerup five times*

Olsen
Feb 27, 2005, 12:16 AM
I think the being able to get more than 100 ammo bug already has been fixed in 1.23? And as far as I know there are no XP compatibility problems at all Ryu? :S

That bug happened for me in Cracco Snowdust. I got 260 PU frostbiters and I have XP and version 1.23.

White Rabbit
Feb 27, 2005, 01:00 AM
No, the +100 ammo bug exists in both 1.23 and 1.24.

Enable custom music in the Main Menu. Not that I've against anything against the offical JJ2 music. :)

EDIT: Also fix the Demo in 1.24 to show proper animations.

cooba
Feb 27, 2005, 01:26 AM
Enable custom music in the Main Menu. Not that I've against anything against the offical JJ2 music. :)1) Name any JJ2 compatible song "Menu".
2) Use mod2j2b.

Sacrush
Feb 27, 2005, 09:53 AM
A totally new looking menu that looks awesome!

KRSplat
Mar 19, 2005, 05:15 PM
Suggestion: Get financial backing from rich people, and pay Epic to make it.

Sonyk
Mar 19, 2005, 05:18 PM
The demo in TSF has animation problems since it was recorded with 1.23's Aimns.j2a. Just re-record it if you really care.

MegaJazz
Mar 30, 2005, 04:16 AM
In that case, we can also spend years of work to make a 3D engine our own :p . And i like the idea for a 3D Jazz game, Would Epic still make a new Jazz game?

PhAyzoN
Apr 1, 2005, 03:24 PM
Somebody (maybe me a long time ago) probably already said this

Id like custom nicks and furs in single player (but as an option)

Jerrythabest
Apr 26, 2005, 12:50 PM
I haven't seen the pages 2-6 (bcouse i don't have the ime for that) but one of my annoying problems that just NEED to be fixed is that if you make a chatroom with no fire zones, you still can kill others by buttstomping them. and I really HATE it that I can't join 1.24 servers with 1.23 and 1.23 servers with 1.24 (yes, I have both of them) bcouse I have to switch to the other version first.

Stijn
Apr 27, 2005, 02:12 AM
Well, that's not a bug. A no fire zone is a no fire zone, not a no buttstomp zone.

White Rabbit
Apr 27, 2005, 07:31 AM
Oh, and there should be a random event generator in the patch and its purpose is to....randomly generate objects (pick-ups, ammo, gems, enemies, etc)...

AMT
May 29, 2006, 07:14 AM
I and I really HATE it that I can't join 1.24 servers with 1.23 and 1.23 servers with 1.24 (yes, I have both of them) bcouse I have to switch to the other version first.

Use Project Controller

Good things but,
-Make a script Language like the UT Console Language for Clanmods Adminmods.....
-make .j2s files for changin SKins

.j2s files are language files

EDIT: And make auto-downloading of music when you join to server

Sucer
May 29, 2006, 08:12 PM
What about an alternative CTF mode were if the flagcarrier is killed, the flag wouldn't return to the base, but would stay in the place the carrier died.
If the enemy team touches the flag, it will return to their base. If the team that's carrier was roasted touches the flag first, he/she will capture it from that place.

Then it would be nice if teammates could switch flags with each others, by for example shooting the teammate with blaster. There could be a message like: "player name" recieved flag. (This would add the strategical feeling to the game)

I love the CTF mode as it is, please don't replace it with this crap, but maybe make an alternative mode.

Birdie
May 30, 2006, 06:05 AM
What about an alternative CTF mode were if the flagcarrier is killed, the flag wouldn't return to the base, but would stay in the place the carrier died.
If the enemy team touches the flag, it will return to their base. If the team that's carrier was roasted touches the flag first, he/she will capture it from that place.

Then it would be nice if teammates could switch flags with each others, by for example shooting the teammate with blaster. There could be a message like: "player name" recieved flag. (This would add the strategical feeling to the game)

I love the CTF mode as it is, please don't replace it with this crap, but maybe make an alternative mode.
Blur Hosted a CTF plus server where you could make the enemy drop they're flag by hitting them with TNT and you could pass the flag to your teammates with RF's.

R3ptile
May 30, 2006, 10:39 AM
it still has a few problems (it becomes annoying when you shoot rf's and pass the flag on accident)

Pako
May 31, 2006, 06:05 AM
Blur Hosted a CTF plus server where you could make the enemy drop they're flag by hitting them with TNT and you could pass the flag to your teammates with RF's.
SUGGESTION: Why not shooting the teammate with PepperSprays or Freezers for passing the flag?

Birdie
May 31, 2006, 06:12 AM
SUGGESTION: Why not shooting the teammate with PepperSprays or Freezers for passing the flag?
Mainly because... IT WOULDN'T WORK.

cooba
May 31, 2006, 06:15 AM
Is it just me, or is knocking the flag off with TNT a bad idea?

Birdie
May 31, 2006, 06:20 AM
Is it just me, or is knocking the flag off with TNT a bad idea?
I think it's a good idea.

Super_Jarno
Jun 4, 2006, 02:48 AM
1. Possibillity to use more tilesets at once.

n00b
Jun 4, 2006, 07:17 AM
I think it's a good idea.
I think it's terrible. A sucky player could easily TNT spam a player, steal the flag, unwittingly die, and give the other team a chance to score.

It'd be awful in public servers, or JDC events

Grytolle
Jun 4, 2006, 07:59 AM
TNT is too powerful already in normal CTF

blurredd
Jun 4, 2006, 02:01 PM
...you could make the enemy drop they're flag by hitting them with TNT...
Actually, it's not supposed to do that. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet, though I could've inadvertently fixed it.

Super_Jarno
Jul 2, 2006, 10:53 AM
I have 1 Suggestion tough :
That you can save your levels in 1.23 and 1.24

BattleSpaz
Sep 13, 2006, 10:04 AM
I have one more suggestion, and will get ban from this... Hope not really.

Instead of making list of what to do, do the actual patch so we all can play perfect jazz2. Thank you! When you do that, I WILL pay 20$ from that and hail you for rest of my life.

Monolith
Sep 13, 2006, 06:31 PM
Even $20/hr is low for programmers.

Grytolle
Sep 13, 2006, 08:27 PM
I could work for that amount of money :D

Red hot smasher
Dec 11, 2006, 11:41 AM
Seems cool, even though this probably won't come out for a while.

Grytolle
Dec 11, 2006, 08:48 PM
My dear country man, stop jumping to ungrounded conclusions

GoldRabbit
Dec 22, 2006, 02:13 AM
i have some wishes,too :p
1)2 or more events on a tile
2)ability to create our own enemies
3)make the "witch" event a boss!(why not,if its so hard to kill,why not to make it a boss?the goodest tileset for she is diamondus,if it hasnt a boss)
4)make bird and froggy selectable characters from menu
5)fix the slide event
6)fix the leaf event
7)fix tweedle boss (do not change his behavior,it is very interesting.only fix it:make jazz,spaz and lori sprites without their weapons,and make it load the animations from anims.j2a)
8)fix flag bug
9)this one isnt picked yet: why not add razz?he was meant to appear in jj2,it appears in jj3 full(i readed somewhere),but jj3 full was never finished!In that case,the creators of 1.25 patch must make animations of razz(note:he is blue and jazz's cousin)
10)allow private chatting
11)make to need coins to get a kiss from eva to remake jazz a rabbit while in frog form
12)make the tnt power up(the powered up tnt can be blue)
13)make pepper spray and electro blaster take 2 damege while powered up
14)make the electro blaster ray another color when is powered up(like red instead of yellow)
15)make a super blue gem,a super green gem and a super purple gem
16)add a jazz boss with its own behavior,not devan with changed sprites,or a mce.
17)i have another idea for the pass-the-flag-to-your-teammate idea:if you have the flag,you could write " pass# "(without quotes,and where # is the player number)
18)make a lori high jump
19)fix the xmas bilsy boss event
20)make race and coop available in internet play
21)i know that you said that no new weapons,but,err...why not add a weapon 10...to spice the things up a little...it would be interesting if it exists a weapon that when you shoot,shoot some blue discs that explode when near an enemy,and take 1 heart,and powered up to be green,and take 2 hearts. pls pls pls pls excuse me that i do something that you not allow!
22)dont get stuck when you arrive near a wall or ceiling due to bad pos of warp target
23)allow more than 4 players per computer
24)make a laser shield monitor,and fix its bug
25)make more layers in jcs
26)in jcs make options to choose the way the textured background is (why not making a I | I instead of horizontal texture background
27)make bots in single player that play with you
28)make this patch be able to join 1.20,1.21 and 1.24 servers
29)be able to change your fur and add a name in sp
30)allow to shoot up with shields weapons
31)when you cant find a level,or amnesia error,or acces violation,or divide by zero,go to the main screen,instead of crash game (very useful in mp when a hacker crashed your game)
32)fix team chat bug
33)make that you dont have a max ammount of levels in hcl list
34)ability to easier create .j2e files,and when the list of .j2e files is full,ability to scroll down for seeing the other .j2e files,instead of crash game
35)i though that this was said,but a little sign appears on players that are writing messages
36)fix the event generator thing:when you get more than 50 pieces of that event(carrots,weapons etc.)they doesnt respwan
37)add another 2 teams:yellow and green
38)allow jj2 to read mp3 and wav files
39)ability to make your rabbits fur other colors than the original ones(without progs)
40)ability to color server names and rabbit names in mp
41)make water event loc clear in the tileset in which look ugly(colonius etc.)
42)make another attacks for rocket turtle boss
43)fix bosses bug(they appear before activate boss event is reached,especcially uterus)
44)fix bolly boss sprite bug (when you die in a fight with bolly,and you reached his room,but not reached activate boss event,you see he floating without eye)

EHH,it took me a while to write this,but since i didnt visited jcf from a while,is okay!
:D :D :D