PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that the Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Demo will be released?

Tubz
Oct 3, 2001, 02:56 PM
I answered Yes.

FireSworD
Oct 3, 2001, 03:25 PM
Sorry, you're out numbered JJ Tublear.

FireSworD
Oct 3, 2001, 03:27 PM
Or maybe not, sorry!

ShadowGPW
Oct 3, 2001, 04:08 PM
Tub.. this topic has a bit of a big useless factor don't ya think?

FireSworD
Oct 4, 2001, 07:41 AM
People will start topic over anything, ShadowGPW.

$tilettø
Oct 4, 2001, 08:10 AM
No

Violet CLM
Oct 4, 2001, 11:46 AM
Actually, ShadoW, this is a sensible topic. Kindly don't close it for no reason like that other one. (Forgot the name) However, I did vote No.

DDay
Oct 4, 2001, 11:49 AM
...probably not. (I can always hope, but recently hope hasn't fared too well.)

Stijn
Oct 6, 2001, 02:57 AM
Yes and no. Some people, like NewSpaz, Shadow and FoD, got the demo (sigh, I said this 3 time be4...). We could hack them so they'll give us the demo :D.

Alberto
Oct 6, 2001, 05:19 AM
Let's see

* Hacks Shadow *

Hmm, didn't find any demo. :P
* Deletes some files of his comp *
Hehehe I'm evil :P

Wait a min..., Shadow has same files as me.. how can be that possible?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

I was hacking my own comp!! :(((

$tilettø
Oct 6, 2001, 08:12 AM
lol :P:lol:

EvilMike
Oct 6, 2001, 09:52 PM
The demo is nothing great. It deosn't even save properly.

Stijn
Oct 7, 2001, 03:35 AM
Nevermind. I never save stuff :)

Alberto
Oct 7, 2001, 07:17 AM
Hehehe Mike
It can save
Just edit Jazz3D.ini located at your System folder in your Jazz3 dir.

Then look for [Core.System]

When u find it you will see below
PurgeCacheDays=30
And below of it
SavePath=../Save

U must change that one to your Jazz3 save folder, like this
If you have Jazz3 installed in C:\Games\Jazz3D\
Then u must change "SavePath" to:
C:/Games/Jazz3D/Save
Remember, use the "/" thing instead of "\"
Look, take a look at mine:

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=C:/Games/Jazz3D/Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevSound
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx

Then come back and thank me ;P
Have fun

RosetaJOL
Nov 2, 2001, 04:55 AM
I voted yes!

Link
Nov 2, 2001, 11:08 AM
???

How is it that people have it when it isn't released?

That does not seem fair.

Newspaz
Nov 2, 2001, 02:06 PM
Well it's all about some bragging and having the right friends ;).

Txl Kill
Nov 2, 2001, 02:12 PM
Like me i have it but its not good enought t obe realeased!

Xtreem
Nov 2, 2001, 09:54 PM
I think Jazz 3 Demo is better then i thaught, but it has loads of bugs, then for the save fix Alberto

KRSplat
Nov 3, 2001, 07:41 AM
I vote yes. We can hack into their computers and release it ourselves. It's a demo, so it's not illegal. Exept for the whole hacking idea... :D

Alberto
Nov 3, 2001, 03:41 PM
Yeah.
It has lots of bugs.
But the bugs can be easily fixed with a bit of C++ skills and decompiling the game, fix the bug and recompile again, easy.

And I already said how to fix the save bug, btw, it's not neccesary to type the complete path in save to fix it, just change:
../Save to ..\Save
And done.

purplesheep
Nov 4, 2001, 10:49 AM
LIFE is unfair, my friend.

jb!

Disguise
Nov 13, 2001, 04:41 AM
lol @ NewSpaz :lol:

Krezack
Nov 18, 2001, 02:35 AM
You do realise that to hack into their computer you would need their er actually i better not :D

~SPLASH~
Nov 18, 2001, 08:22 AM
All your Jazz3 Demos belong to us! GIVE IT TO ME!!!

KRSplat
Nov 18, 2001, 08:39 AM
Whoever publishes Possum will publish JJ3. And they'll say that in advance, so WTG might still work on it, and then they'd get paid, and JJ3D full would get published. Whoever's <s>stupid</s> smart enough to publish Possum will be smart enough to publish JJ3, because Jazz Jackrabbit already has lots of loyal fans, and Possum doesn't have as much support from it's prequel because it doesn't hae one. Therefore publishers think that Jazz 3D is more stable than Possum.

Or maybe JJ3 is being secretly worked on and nobody's telling us. Hey, it could happen!! :)

~SPLASH~
Nov 18, 2001, 11:33 AM
Well..if they start making JJ3 now, they will probably not use the Unreal Tournament enginine anymore. and that engine was the max my PC can handle...so even if they would release it I wont be able to play it :(!

ShadowGPW
Nov 18, 2001, 03:31 PM
UT engine stinks anyway :P Laggy, slow and only good if you have V00d00 power :|

The Game was to buggy to get it released thats why it's a Pre-ALPHA game..

ElectroPiZZa
Nov 19, 2001, 01:05 AM
Shadow says:
<b>UT engine stinks anyway :P Laggy, slow and only good if you have V00d00 power :|</b>

How wrong you be. GeForce-based cards (mainly GeForce2 and up) deliver FASTER performance and better graphics than Voodoo cards within the <i>Voodoo-"optimized"</i> Unreal engine. I haven't found any graphical lag problems even on the most high-poly UT maps on my GeForce2.

Disguise
Nov 19, 2001, 03:54 AM
EXACTLY what pizzie just said :)

Spaz Boy
Nov 19, 2001, 05:13 PM
You may want to murder me, but I tell you that it won't be. I should simply add this to my signature:
"EPIC DOESN'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT JAZZ!"
Why do you think they abandoned us?
Back on subject.
Yes, it is V E R Y buggy.
But that would have been no problem.
They should have finished it.
*sigh*
The only reason (pretty much) that they can't release it publically is that it *DOES* use the UT Engine. Alas, this would be giving the engine out for free.
*another sigh*
Hey admins, do personal attacks count if they are against Epic? :p
No seriously, they abandoned us. (Why do you think we need a listserver patch?)
The "Official" Jazz Jackrabbit Site (The Daily Carrot, daily the day it was made :() still has links to J2C....
Have you noticed how they never say anything about JJ3d yet they thought it ruled (which it does! :cool: ) when they saw the first beta test.
But if there is a JJ3d, we outta each buy two copies and give one to a n00b. :p

~SB

Spaz Boy
Nov 24, 2001, 03:42 PM
Let me just start ALL over.

No, it won't/Yes, it will be released. With games and graphics and speed improving everyday, soon the UT engine will be as outdated as a penguin on a horseshoe. So, it is outdated, so they release it, right? Well....look at it this way:

54.5 mb file (zipped, 128 unzipped) or around that
Not even close to finished
Using an outdated engine
Few people who will play it
Copyrights
Etc.

So, no....agh! Just talk to Epic or something...

~SB

Michael
Dec 2, 2001, 07:30 AM
Do these questions never end.... o_o

Kaz
Dec 2, 2001, 07:35 PM
Somebody give me a few email addresses! I'll ask them a few questions and legalities terms... please?

Wazz Wackrabbit
Dec 11, 2001, 10:49 PM
:O JJ3D demo!! I want it I want it I want iiiiittttt!!!!

PLS! At least send it to me via ICQ link!!!!

Txl Kill
Dec 12, 2001, 03:01 AM
Just to say everyone who is saying "Its just a demo its not illegal" its not just a demo. Its a NON-PUBLIC TEST that means for all you whiners its not for the public! only people with cool friends like me!

Alberto
Dec 14, 2001, 09:19 AM
Kaz, hehe, I mailed Jason Emery once and he said that the demo wasn't going to be released.

I deleted that mail, but I still remember what he said:

"I think there was a demo leaked time ago, although we weren't supposed to give it out ^.^"

He told me that, well, more or less.

JZBlue
Dec 27, 2001, 12:03 PM
How about your E-mail Epic for the demo?.. I'm sure they'd glady send it if a certain er.. $... something was involved.

(Fricken cheap *ducks the moderator* j/k lol)

Derby: Content edit. You didn't duck well enough. ;-P

Red_XIII
Dec 28, 2001, 02:09 AM
There's a JJ3 demo :O !?!??!? What's the differences between JJ2 and JJ3 Demo (except the new levels)?

Alberto
Dec 28, 2001, 04:48 AM
Heh, I mailed Arjan once from Epic Megagames, he told me he saw some screenshots about it but he wasn't involved in Jazz3 stuff.

And yes, the difference is that Jazz3 is in a 3D enviroment.

CannibalBob
Jan 1, 2002, 02:19 PM
I prefer the Voodoo over the Geforce2. Go ahead and use your Windows DirectX! Hahahaha, Windows. (laughs) Or use your openGL, meaning it's OPEN, meaning NOT DONE. Glide? Glide all the way. Runs at low resolutions and looks like it's

defalcon
Jan 2, 2002, 09:24 PM
Yes, but the Voodoo is now an orphaned card. 3dfx is dead. The Gefore is the way to the future. All aboard the Geforce train!

EverLasting
Jan 15, 2002, 04:18 AM
The reason why they can't release Jazz3 demo is because they could have to license the UT engine, which costs lots of money.

Krezack
Jan 15, 2002, 06:34 AM
Hey if you created a game would you feel like tjust giving away the source code?

FireSworD
Jan 15, 2002, 07:29 AM
Why do i keep getting emails everytime somebody replys to this topic?

Monolith
Jan 15, 2002, 07:36 PM
Probably in some previous message, the Email Notification got checked. You can either go back and try to edit that post (if it's possible to undo an option), or hope somebody closes this thread.
Till then...

Please do not reply to this thread.

Spaz Boy
Jan 17, 2002, 05:05 PM
When you get the email, scroll down to the cool little UNSUBSCRIPE section.

FireSworD
Jan 18, 2002, 07:28 AM
Ok, thanks Monolith and Spaz Boy!

Xtreem
Jan 26, 2002, 12:02 PM
I dont think Jazz 3D will be released now, its just being old an dit grows mor eoutdated every day.
But i wish it was released, it would be 1st inline to buy it :)

Refalm
Feb 9, 2002, 10:26 AM
Hello JJ2/JJ3 fans.
I would hearby ask anyone with a JJ3 demo to e-mail me about it!
I'd like to place the demo on my website for public downloading.
Webspace is not of the mather, I still have 2 GB left :P
So anyone having the demo:
don't be selfish and contact me how to make the demo avaible to anyone on this planet!

||Slim
Feb 9, 2002, 10:58 AM
illegal :P its not a real worth of a download anyways... it is kinda a risk, you shouldnt do it :cool:

Cpp
Feb 9, 2002, 12:40 PM
I hope this works...
http://www.geocities.com/atlastsome/jj2/Pic/logo.jpg
You see? It's illegal.

defalcon
Feb 9, 2002, 04:14 PM
Some of us may WANT the JJ3 demo, but what we don't want is it being distributed illegally for public download. If you continue this apparent campaign, Fquist or someone might ban you ('tis illegal, illegal+JCF=nono)

Monolith
Feb 9, 2002, 05:04 PM
Anybody that has the JJ3 demo either shouldn't have it, or shouldn't be giving it to anyone else. The program is property of World Tree Games (I believe), and the name+engine are property of Epic Megagames. Neither have said it's ok to release and that makes it illegal to distribute.

Krezack
Feb 9, 2002, 05:07 PM
Well i for one don't want it, its illegal, its a bug ridden beta, its pretty crap. (i'm sure it wouldn't be if it were a full retail game, but its not so :p)

Alberto
Feb 10, 2002, 02:56 AM
I agree with Monolith, but ot's also not fair that someone have it, such as me, I have the demo, and I would like everyone could have it.

But since it's illegal to distribute it's not nice, just the best way is to wait till this demo gets public (if it does) or that Jazz3 comes out definitely in a full version, if it was sold I probably would be the first on buying it.

FQuist
Feb 10, 2002, 03:25 AM
Bad bad thread. Close.

Pursuit of the JJ3 demo is illegal and decreases the possibility of future jj versions.