PDA

View Full Version : Write this down on ya 1.25 wish list :P

Michael
Jan 26, 2002, 08:38 AM
...A posibility in JCS to flip vertically tiles.

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 26, 2002, 10:51 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Monolith
Jan 26, 2002, 04:12 PM
That shouldn't be too hard.

JanusJackrabbit
Jan 26, 2002, 04:21 PM
People would have to make their tilesets more tileable but, yeah, that would be cool!

Michael
Jan 27, 2002, 06:52 AM
AHH! they like it! :P

FQuist
Feb 1, 2002, 08:32 AM
I wrote that already, but you couldn't have known that. :)

Krezack
Feb 1, 2002, 08:59 PM
Neato!

Violet CLM
Feb 1, 2002, 10:29 PM
I thought this was one of the old ideas, actually.

This is the 1000th post in The Future of Jazz! Another milestone for me!

Krezack
Feb 2, 2002, 01:36 AM
Quite the contrary, i could change that right now in fact this post was created as my way to do so should the need arise >:)

Shiverz
Feb 16, 2002, 06:15 AM
You Never Know One Of Those Cool Guys Who Makes Progs Could Make 1.25 :D I Cant Im Only 11 :P

Hmmmm Anything Else I Can Say :confused: I Guess Not

http://www.geocities.com/wackyspazuk/Shiverz.gif

defalcon
Feb 16, 2002, 06:48 AM
No, one of these cool guys could not make the 1.25 patch. They'd need to have the source code, since it's extremely hard to decode all the stuff and kinda illegal, too. Not to mention, they'd have to master C++, and then spend hours and hours going through the coding. That time would multiply over and over without the source code, so technically, no, we couldn't. :p

RosetaJOL
Feb 16, 2002, 01:03 PM
Intresting idea..

<Crono>
Mar 8, 2002, 09:26 PM
flipping tiles vertically would be really cool... I bet nothing like that ever gets done though, actually I take that back, we might get the source in like 50 years after the copyright expires.

Slix
Mar 22, 2002, 08:28 PM
I think that it would be great to have an "instant death" event that immediately causes the player to lose a life. I also want to see a level property such that you could make the player die upon touching the bottom of a level (like in Mario, where if you fall off the screen, you die).

It would also be good if you could make an 'autoscroll' type level, in which the creator must simply supply the speed and path of the scrolling. Any player who gets stuck between the end of the screen and a wall dies and any player who falls off the bottom of the screen also dies.

I think these would be really useful to a level creator.

~Slix

Nadine
Mar 28, 2002, 06:45 PM
Well I think the problem with 2 player Capture the Flag needs to be fixed. When 2 people play CTF on the same PC, if you both have a flag you're supposed to shoot the other player to make the flag go back to it's base. Not sure if the player has to be hurt or killed, but instead what happens is the player somes back to life still carrying the flag.

In other words this is pointless to play 2 player CTF until they fix the bug, because you'd have to take turns getting flags. Where's the fun in that? Does anyone know if online or networked CTF works okay?

defalcon
Mar 28, 2002, 09:42 PM
That bug is ooolld and well known. But CTF works online and (I think) over a network. But there are other CTF bugs. :p