PDA

View Full Version : An idea for the levelmaker, maybe.

CelL
May 7, 2002, 08:24 AM
How about tubes in wich you can go both ways? Ok, i;ll shut up now =P

Alister
May 7, 2002, 09:48 AM
Even if it isn't an event it <I>should</I> be implementable via pScript, the Possum scripting language.

Yep, I thought of that one before I even joined the JMMB... even before I released my first level. Looong time ago. Sigh, nostalgia...

Violet CLM
May 7, 2002, 01:30 PM
Okie, explain further. You go in one direction randomly? Or you go in a tube, and you stop, and once you press a key it shoots you out in that direction? Or what?

FireSworD
May 7, 2002, 02:19 PM
You go into a tube and go back through the same one? why would you need something like that in a level anyways?

Mystical
May 7, 2002, 06:01 PM
It could be useful; how about a one-way event that works both ways..sounds like an unmasked tile;) how about a one way event that takes you up and one that takes you down, one takes you left, another right.

EDIT: how about those things that push you in one direction in JJ1: Orbitius whatever its called?

CelL
May 10, 2002, 08:30 PM
You mean springs? =P

KRSplat
May 11, 2002, 12:22 PM
More than one One-way events would be nice.

Violet CLM
May 11, 2002, 01:15 PM
The things in Orbitus are kind of like springs, but not the same thing. They bounce you up, but not much, and they also bounce you sideways so you can keep going up. And if you go into them on the side you don't bounce on, you get shot out onto the bouncy side. Fun, really.

FQuist
May 12, 2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Toxic Bunny
Even if it isn't an event it <I>should</I> be implementable via pScript, the Possum scripting language.

Yep, I thought of that one before I even joined the JMMB... even before I released my first level. Looong time ago. Sigh, nostalgia...

In jj2 for you can make different one-way events using trigger zones. So even without pScript it might be implementable :)

Alister
May 12, 2002, 03:47 AM
That was in response to the tubes question. Which you can't do with trigger zones.
What JJ2 needs is a trigger event that changes the properties of any other event. But this isn't a JJ2 forum, so I'll shut up now.