PDA

View Full Version : New Race Format Idea?

Iam Canadian
Sep 14, 2002, 06:18 PM
I had a new idea for a race type, proving bugs can be used to our advantage. We all know that in Co-Op servers, clients will be stunned by enemies (like getting hit normally) which gave me an idea. Now, if we hosted race levels (like Foo Races) in Co-Op, we could use bad guys (not bosses) in levels, adding a new sort of format. The gems could be eliminated, since gems are not required to end Co-Op levels. Is this a good idea...?

KJAZZ
Sep 14, 2002, 08:29 PM
Nah. I like the current format just fine. You can use hurt events, they also stun the player. And you can make them "move" with animated tiles. Plus, I don't really like Co-Op mode. ;p

Bobby aka Dizzy
Sep 14, 2002, 08:33 PM
The server would lose hearts and the clients would not along with the inability of clients to change the level when they finish.

KJAZZ
Sep 14, 2002, 09:57 PM
Yeah, what BOBBT said too. And also, setting up a single event (hurt) is much easier than lots of different enemies..and animated tiles don't take much time..

It's an okay idea Iam, just keep thinking up ideas and maybe you'll get a new gameplay...;p ;)

Fawriel
Sep 15, 2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by KJAZZ

It's an okay idea Iam, just keep thinking up ideas and maybe you'll get a new gameplay...;p ;)
Lmho,Iam!:lol:
We usually say Canadian!^.^
:lol:

Trafton AT
Sep 15, 2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Piccolo
Lmho,Iam!:lol:
We usually say Canadian!^.^
:lol:

Online, we call him Iam for short. You should play online sometimes, it would be cool to finally play you. :D

Anyway, as for this, it's an interesting idea, but it won't work in theory because of the server being hurt. As KJAZZ mentioned, keep poking around, and I bet you'll soon find a new gametype. :D