PDA

View Full Version : Wierd thing I noticed about bosses in JJ1

Mingy Jongo
Apr 8, 2003, 10:58 AM
After you beat a boss, you get to see your level percentage. On some bosses you get 100%, and on others you get 0%. On one boss, you get 20%. Why does it do this? I have Jazz CD, but does it also happen on the older version on the square-hard-thingy discs?

Haze
Apr 8, 2003, 11:28 AM
Nothing weird about it! Some boss levels include hidden-passages and secret-pickups. And unless you "catch them all" you won't get 100% for the level. ;)

Mingy Jongo
Apr 8, 2003, 12:16 PM
I've searched everywhere, shot every wall, and everything. Plus, there would have to be about 110 more enemies in the level to get 100%. It is just some levels count the boss as an enemy and some do not, but why? And I don't even know how to explain the boss where you get 20%. So either there is a big secret, or the developers made the bosses different percentages for no apparent reason other than to annoy perfectionists like me.

Fawriel
Apr 8, 2003, 12:20 PM
Maybe it has something to do with how well you fought...the less energy you lost the better?

Mingy Jongo
Apr 8, 2003, 12:24 PM
It's not that, because I went on a boss, lost all but one of my energy, and waited for the clock to run out before I killed him, and I got 100%. Then I want on a different one, I killed him in les than 15 seconds without getting hurt, and I got 0%.

Iam Canadian
Apr 8, 2003, 02:42 PM
Well, on Medivo at least, if you don't get the ammo hidden in the walls AND the carrots Devan gives you, you don't get 100%. I'm sure it's the same for other boss levels.

Another Jazz 2 fan
Apr 9, 2003, 12:07 PM
Wow, you know floppies are getting to be obselete when someone refers to them as "square-hard-thingy discs". :lol: