Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Forums Idea

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Dec 9, 2008, 06:17 PM
Jazz Forums Idea

I have no idea what the capabilitys of the j20 staff and the actual web host are but i think it would it would be a useful tool if in the Jazz Forums there was a live chat for just spontaneous chatting and those of us who can't use MSN to challenge for JDC.

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
irc.quakenet.net #jj2 (although considering it part of the Jazz 2 community is like considering No Mutants Allowed part of the Fallout community, it's a small sect of elitists that don't particularly like talking to newcomers)

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Dec 9, 2008, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
irc.quakenet.net #jj2 (although considering it part of the Jazz 2 community is like considering No Mutants Allowed part of the Fallout community, it's a small sect of elitists that don't particularly like talking to newcomers)
That's wrong! It's the newcomers who don't like talking to us >:(

BAN THEM ALL

Actually you're welcome to join the channel as long as you don't annoy anyone. Some people seem to have trouble with that but the vast majority don't. These days people rarely ever get banned, and it could be argued that the most common occurance is ops banning other ops. There's also #[TF] on quakenet if you want an alternative to #jj2, though the two channels are pretty similar in that JJ2 isn't actually discussed all that often. There's also #craccoclan, which is visited by jj2 players and tends to be a different group of people. And, if you like mostly-dead channels, there's #jazzjackrabbit.

Oh yeah, and if you want to talk about JDC, we have a channel at (you guessed it) #jdc. It's dead right now, but once the season starts, people can use that for organizing stuff, if they'd like.

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Dec 10, 2008, 12:44 AM
Sometimes I'm wondering why it took so long before I found out about IRC and how it works.. It's a much more 'relaxing' way of chatting compared to MSN. You know, doing random stuff on your PC (like JCS for example) and then contantly those chat windows popping up.. I only have those messenger programs on for game invites and serious discussions, but I really can't figure out how most of my classmates can enjoy those 'hello-hello-goodbye' conversations. So yeah, I truly suggest to try IRC as the new chatting standard.

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Dec 10, 2008, 02:08 PM
thnks, but what is this irc.quakenet.net ? i tried it as a web adress but got nothing. I have a feeling its something else...

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Dec 10, 2008, 03:17 PM
See http://www.jazz2online.com/J2Ov2/nod...le=aboutJJ2IRC

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Dec 11, 2008, 02:21 AM
#jazzjackrabbit was made for such purposes too, but that's about as active as #jdc