Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Devil Dash - some info before premiere of 1st episode

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Mar 30, 2003, 11:36 PM
Devil Dash - some info before premiere of 1st episode

Devil Dash is closing to be complete. Imagine how far ago I started to make it...

The first level I made for Devil Dash was also the first level I ever made. It wasn't supposed to be a part of something. But after I made my second level, I connected them togheter and... Devil Dash was born. Unfortunalety, they both got crashed when recording on CD before Windows reinstalling.

Devil Dash will have a total of 6 episodes. The one that you will see soon (or maybe not so soon) is simply named The Chase Begins. Like the original JJ2 episodes, the DD ones will joke from some games and movies. The first one will be... no, I won't tell, since I didn't already made it even. Anyway, I think you will recognize all of them.

The first episode, including MP levels, will have around 60 levels! (SIC!!!) You won't finish this pack in one day... (unless you sit very long in front of computer)

The premiere? I'll try to make it before vacations... but I can't be sure. I'm still making levels, and there will be also J2E file, J2V file (hope ddFlic will work), betatesting, maybe I'll even have to replace some levels with new ones. But stay prepared!

PS: I'll tell some more in this thread later, I'm at school right now.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 31, 2003, 12:10 AM
Remember to get beta testers who will tell you honestly which parts suck and not just say "LOLOL IT RULZ", post it on every major download site around, and then forgot about you.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Mar 31, 2003, 05:09 AM
Sounds interesting. Hopefully you spent a lot of time on it and didn't do very little for each level. I look forward to taking a looksie. And as stated above, make sure you get a team of beta testers so that you can get a second perspective and some honost feedback on the strong and weak areas of your pack as well as things you should fix/improve on.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Mar 31, 2003, 08:16 AM
I can betatest. If you want.

It sounds promising. Does the pack follow a story? That would make it even more interesting to play

JCF Member

Mar 31, 2003, 08:26 AM
Of course. A very complicated story (like for a JJ2 pack). There will be Devan, Admael (that good witch from Kaven's "The Cold Return" story), and other characters which I can't tell now. Ech of episoed is kinda an other chapter of story.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Mar 31, 2003, 09:58 AM
Admael is a little more than a character from a story. She's an actual person, and if you've never heard of her then I'm wondering just how long you've been in this community =P

Anyway, the 'storyline' for JJ2 (if you can even call it that), is very bland and the SP doesn't revolve around the story almost at all. Nevertheless storylines are always good, so I look forward to what you're going to churn out here.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>
The March Hare

JCF Member

The March Hare is doing well so far

Mar 31, 2003, 11:58 AM
Go Addie! WooH! I can remember her.

-The March Hare
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Mar 31, 2003, 12:50 PM
Yes, the person who only bought bibles. ;P
And a faithful missionary.

JCF Member

Apr 1, 2003, 03:24 AM
I have JJ2 from October 2000. Also, the first level for Devil Dash I made was on December 2000.

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)
4I Falcon

JCF Member

4I Falcon has disabled reputation

Apr 1, 2003, 11:57 AM
I remember making a really crappy single player level about two weeks after I got JJ2. It was really crappy. It was really crappy. My levels nowadays, while still not as good as anyone else's are considerably better than that crappy one which was crappy.

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!

JCF Member

Apr 4, 2003, 03:49 AM
Oh, don't worry about this thing. Some of those levels were fixed hundred times, and I still want to fix some things in them.

And here is the adress for uncompleted, with UGLY background, but at least working, Devil Dash website:
http://www.loricentral.com/hosted/jszjazz/ (lookie who's hosting!)

You'll find some stuff there. I'm gonna update it soon. Especially, the background! :P

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Apr 4, 2003, 05:36 AM
I see a cat in the screenshots. Is it going to be TSF-only?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Apr 4, 2003, 06:16 AM
It's a waaaaay bad information, but:

YES.

Anyway, here's the Devil Dash poster I have just finished. Everybody can see it.Devil Dash Poster

|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
||
Shadows (album)

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Apr 4, 2003, 09:29 AM
Its TSF.......

Well, there goes my chance of playing this.......

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Apr 4, 2003, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JSZ Jazz
It's a waaaaay bad information, but:

YES.

Anyway, here's the Devil Dash poster I have just finished. Everybody can see it.Devil Dash Poster
BOO. I was starting to like it, too.