View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jun 14, 2009, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSworD View Post
the issue of rating levels
is void.

It beats me why do people still aim for high J2O ratings rather than people's actual opinions. The rating's validity is compromised by being able to be changed by anyone in anytime. Why does everyone feel bad about their levels if they're given a 4 by a newbie without any idea about level design? I'm not even going to mention levels getting deleted because that's a retarded extreme.

I no longer have a good handle on what ratings are suitable or not. All the new levels made by the active good designers are rated from inbetween 8 to 8.5 - which leads to a sloppy (in my opinion) level and a solid, well designed level getting a similar rating. Did the lame level get overrated, or did the good level get underrated? It took me ages to figure out a proper rating for plunk's domination level (I'm still unsure if I gave one) purely because of this.

Can "fun", "tactics" or "concepts" be measured in a scale from 1 to 10? Figure out yourself.

I stopped caring about the ratings I get a long time ago and I recommend that everyone does the same. I'm making levels for my own enjoyment now. If someone likes the eyecandy or the micro tactics, that's a nice bonus. If someone doesn't like the level, tough nails, I'll just try something else next time. If someone doesn't like the "something else" I made later, then TOO BAD.