View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jan 27, 2008, 12:22 PM
I wish to revive this discussion.

The prime argument of the people opposing the release of the high resolutions hack was the so-called unfair advantage. However, earlier in the thread I pointed out that the 800×600 resolution expands the view by 2 tiles and a half, which no one exactly seemed to notice. 2.5 tiles is a distance that a player's rabbit beats in split a second if he's running, and people are running more often than not in games like duels on clanwars.

If that doesn't convince you, tell me if this looks like potential unfair advantage:

This image is not fake.

Furthermore, I arranged a battle1 duel with SuperJazz to see if there is any unfair advantage. I played in the 1024×768 resolution and lost 0-5. Granted that 1024×768 is glitchy as far as I can tell, and that I'm far from a great player, but there was little to no advantage at all that I personally felt.

I believe that 800×600 would be a resolution safe enough to be made public.