View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Mar 2, 2018, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Dragoon View Post
It's not my plan to replace the wiki currently here, nor creating a wiki from scratch, since the wiki on Wikia already exists and I'm just adopting it.

Like I said I don't want to replace the wiki here or replicate/copy it (I'm strongly against plagiarism).
These seem contradictory since the existing wiki is little besides plagiarism.

Even just the front page contains a Did You Know section that consists mostly if not solely of verbatim text from the J2O Did You Know box at the bottom of its front page. See here for a captured list of J2O Did You Know facts from some point in time.

Having clicked the random page link a few times I got (without omitting any results besides duplicates):I hold a firm belief that the Wikia wiki was originally started with the intent to copy all J2O wiki content (including the background, as noted by Stijn). Presumably eventually some unaware editors joined and started adding original content.

This is not an attack aimed against you, or Wikia per se, but do keep in mind that if you wish to have a plagiarism-free wiki, you will have to purge most of the articles currently on there, leaving you with, if the sample above is of any indication, maybe 20 articles with any content in total. It's only slightly short of creating a wiki from scratch.

That said, I imagine it's better to have someone who appears relatively responsible in charge of it than the 10-year-old kid who I believe originally founded it, so good luck to you.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.