Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post

JCF Member

Alister is doing well so far

Mar 25, 2007, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marijn View Post
But you dont have a linux build ?
I do... but again, it's on my Linux partition. And I don't really trust the way Linux does linking. It seems to link executables to very specific versions of shared libraries, making them inappropriate for distribution. But maybe someone can correct me on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkev View Post
1. No high quality sound support. Maybe I'm spoiled my MP3 conversions, but medium sound seems odd to me now. Could you try to make it so that it supports high quality?
I don't set the quality. That's determined by the original sound files and whatever libmodplug does with them. Bear in mind that the music was created for a 1994 PC game.

Quote:
2. If you continue to hop around while dead, you can keep going for awhile and repeatedly die.
What have you got against zombies?

Quote:
3. Resolution changer (this is not a bug rather a congratulations) allows me to cheat and play in 1024x768. You wouldn't believe how small the guy is!
OpenJazz can go up to the maximum resolution supported by your computer. I've played in 1600x1200, a whopping 30 times the visible area of the original game. This is a feature. In fact, it's the only feature that's an improvement over the original. Whether or not you use it is entirely up to you.

Quote:
4. No effect sounds. Yes, age-old complaint, but I'd like to see if possible in the next update some progress on that.
Sorry, but I don't see this happening any time soon. I'm focussing on playability at the moment.