Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post

JCF Member

Alister is doing well so far

Jan 26, 2006, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniacke1
BTW, here are the lev names (although you probably figgered it out long ago)
I'm trying to avoid copyright infringement in this project by only using data from the original data files. As DD said, the episode names are in jazz.exe. I figured they would be in different locations in each of the different versions (not to mention the patched versions), so I did not try to read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice M A N
Anyway: Music in OSX port = a done deal.
You are the M A N, if you'll forgive the pun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaFox
GPF has ported OpenJazz to the Sega Dreamcast
Wow. Tell Troy/GPF I said thanks. *integrates code*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWNFILE
Rule: Use FMod. It is less sux than modplug.
Fmod doesn't play PSMs.

On the subject of menu music, I'll add that in the next release. If you can't wait that long, do the following in menu.c:
Add loadMusic("menusng.psm"); to loadMenu(),
Add freeMusic(); to freeMenu()
Add loadMusic("menusng.psm"); to newGameDifficultyMenuLoop() before loadNextLevel() is called
Add freeMusic(); to newGameDifficultyMenuLoop() after levelLoop() is called

That should work, but I'm on a soundless computer now so I can't test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaR
By the way, the "cracking" sounds with the music are my computer's bugs, or the openjazz's?
That happens when the audio data isn't being processed fast enough. I got it to work on my old computer by reducing settings.mFrequency (sound.c, line 92) and audioSpec.freq (sound.c, line 109). The problem returned when I ran it on my newer, much faster computer, so I'm going to have to find a better fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegis
BASS!
Again, no PSM support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmetal88
Wow... I've been taking a rather extended break from the porting (due to me needing to know more about coding before being able to go on), and today I find out someone else has already ported it to the 2x... Guess that saves me a lot of work...
Really? Don't suppose you could give me more details, because nobody's told me. Google reveals rumours of a Nintendo DS port, too.

Perhaps I should have added my e-mail address to the website...