View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 29, 2013, 07:49 AM
Thank you so much for playing and recording! I'm glad you liked the level so much, since I assumed the difficulty would be more questionable. Then again, that didn't really seem like attempt 1!

Kind of bummed that the music didn't play the way it was meant to. That happens when the Now Approaching screen is not aborted, somehow, and there's no way I could fix that.

About the question about a story, I did write a couple lines in 2009 but discarded them at the last minute. Basically, the planet (originally named Elemaytius, after the LMAT session that spawned the tileset) was a hybrid between machinery and organic life living in constant symbiosis. I originally had three levels planned, with the third (reskinned to be red) being set in the future, where this ecosystem started destroying itself. The boss would have been Deckstar redux with a giant borg eye spawning some critters.

The Doofus Turtles from Megairbase (which I did not resize) have black shells, because the original pink clashed with the tileset. I then decided to give them extra health and write a line about them defending the planet more fiercely than ever, or something.

Glad you didn't see any game breaking bugs (like some players did)! I would have torn all my hair out