View Single Post

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Dec 30, 2016, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Hi, I got reeled into the Discord community because I speedrun JJ1, and I gave JJ2 a shot today. According to BinaryBlob and TreyLina, both vanilla JJ2 and JJ2+ are eligible for running. I stumbled into two issues/missing features.

Pixel doubling

I'm happy with JJ2's field-of-view at 640x400. But this generates an extremely small window on my physical screen. I'd like the window twice as big, showing the 640x400 image at 1280x800. I don't have to see more of the map, so Bigjazz doesn't help. Fullscreen is not an option during a run, I'd read the run timer and twitch chat meanwhile. Even for casual play, fullscreen is too large on a 34-inch screen.

While I can enlarge the window by mouse-dragging its border (Archlinux with the xfce4 desktop, JJ2 runs via Wine) and get the desired pixel-scaling, this has severe drawbacks:
* It's laborius pixel-precise mouse-movement, or I'd have to script the window manager.
* The window size instantly resets when the first level starts, the window must be re-dragged.

The feature wish, thus, is pixel-doubling supported by the game.

I didn't find any option or discussion on pixel doubling. Has this ever come up in the past? Does anyone play with a 4K display, which would generate an even smaller window at 800x600?

-- Simon
I made a thread about upscaling JJ2.

In that thread, the tool I used (Borderless Gaming) lets you set a custom borderless window size (Right clicking the game name on right column).

That way you can run the game at 1280x800. Less convenient but works quite well once set.

https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=20030