View Single Post

JCF Member

happygreenfrog has disabled reputation

May 11, 2018, 02:13 PM
I haven't been a Jazz Jackrabbit 2 fan for very long.

However, if I had to choose just one memory, it'd probably be the boss of Medivo in my first run through of the game. I was keeping everybody up-to-date on where I was on the Discord server. Everybody was warning me that Medivo's boss was hard and that I should expect the unexpected. However, I could have never expected that the boss would be the hilarious.. thing that was Bolly.

I died a lot to Bolly my first time through, because I was still incredibly new to the game, but I found easy mode too easy and was playing on hard mode as a result. However, when I eventually bested Bolly, the feeling of finally besting such a tough challenge (for a newcomer who didn't realize stomping was so exploitable) was amazing. And the fact that the community had given me so much build-up to it from outside the game just made it all the better and memorable.

That, I think, is my favorite memory of the game so far.

My second pick for memory is probably the closing of JDC 28, where, if memory serves, everybody was having so much fun with Head Hunters once we started playing it during the event (which IIRC we were doing because I suggested we play Head Hunters on Skyward Showdown), we pretty much just kept doing Head Hunters mode for most of the rest of the closing event. I'm more fuzzy on the details on that one though, so I could be remembering that completely incorrectly.

As for my fan-work, I just released a custom episode, which can be found here: https://www.jazz2online.com/download...ror-revisited/