View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 14, 2006, 01:32 PM
Best levelmaker: A close race between Snooze and BR. While Blacky has done a lot this year, most of his levels (and all three ones he released) are old, recycled ones, while Snooze managed to work impressively fast with his levels. I mean, both levels 2 and 3 from New Ages were roughly finished in one day. That's commendable.
Vote goes to Snooze

Best level pack: Tough choice. While New Ages was done incredibly quickly, and Layouts CTF Package is as ground breaking as a CTF pack can be, I think I can safely assume that the street fight pack had much more planning and (needless)effort put in to it. Moreso, the other three choices are CTF packs, and this is certainly refreshing after all the CTF madness.
Vote goes to StreetF.pak

Best CTF level: Another close race. Helldome and Teacup are the only levels which I've played competitively in. Both are fast and strategic, and both look very good. However, Helldome is suited bigger groups of people unlike Teacup, and I do prefer teamplay over duels, even though I'm honestly not a good player at all.
Vote goes to Helldome

Best non-CTF level: The thread says I don't have to vote for the highlighted uploads and so I won't. Instead, I'm picking a truly ground-breaking level. While not of too high quality, it's as amazing as a 0-player level can get.
Vote goes to Running Rabbit

Best tileset: BioWinter is really good, but I have a personalized fondness of the concept of LMAT, even though it doesn't seem to work with this community. Oh well.
Vote goes to Kansas

Best tileset conversion: While there was some great effort put into the 2.0 tilesets, I can't just ignore the tilesets which were the first ones to make me drop my jaw in amazement. Well not really the first ones ever, but in a long period of time. Whatever.
Vote goes to JJ2 Conversion Pack Part 1