View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Jul 24, 2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
As long as every registered member is free to rate, J2O ratings should never be taken seriously. Due to that I personally see no reason to change such a small aspect of the rating system as is the scale, instead of for example creating a "council" which could give downloads a separate, unbiased and allowing comparisons rating. Every download could then have "regular reviews" from normal J2O members and "professional reviews" from council members. Then there would be two total ratings, a "professional rating" being an average of professional reviews, and a "total rating" being an average of all reviews, both regular and professional. This is my opinion on what could really lead to meaningful ratings.
This was suggested over and over for J2Ov2 and was rightfully rejected. I don't like the idea of an arbitrary split between regular and professional.

My feelings about changing the rating system are the same as Violet's; if we do end up making any changes, however, my suggestion would be to archive the current download section and start anew - considering the amount of uploads like Blade's Battle Pack or 7th Lava Fall, I don't think it would be a bad idea to start from a clean slate, and include uploads only from, say, three years back.

This will probably never happen though...