JazzJackrabbit Community Forums  

Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums > Archived forums (closed for posting) > Lori Central

Old Mar 1, 2003, 04:01 AM   #1
DrJones
Blue Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to DrJones Send a message via AIM to DrJones
Exclamation Lori Central, decisions for the future.

There hasn't been anything new since october as things got quite hectic on me, and Haze as well. But, with this month being the month in which the www.loricentral.com domain expires, I would like to hear from you all if it should be kept, or discarded along with the rest of the website. We would like good VALID reasons. Of course, at the same time, we're keeping an eye open for anny applicant who would like to run this site. All the requirements that we ask is: being trustful, knowledge of HTML and PHP and enough free time to keep working on it.

- Lori Central
Old Mar 1, 2003, 06:12 AM   #2
KRSplat
JCF Member
Colonel Kernel

Send a message via ICQ to KRSplat Send a message via AIM to KRSplat Send a message via MSN to KRSplat Send a message via Yahoo to KRSplat Send a message via Skype™ to KRSplat
It really depends. If you are going to keep updating it, then I suggest you keep the domain (obviously) but if not, you should not. Also, if you are planning to let Lori Central die, you could always just move the archives to some other place.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 07:28 AM   #3
Ninja
JCF Member
i want a time machine

Reputation: Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum
Send a message via ICQ to Ninja Send a message via AIM to Ninja
I would run it if I was good at PHP. ;P
Old Mar 8, 2003, 11:45 AM   #4
scatman

Thumbs up

I could help,
but what if all ppl who like lori and the loricentral would help?

question: how big is lorycentral in webspace?
if small enough it could be hosted at my site.
the adress will then become
"www.loricentral.tk" or so.

It should be asked to all ppl in the jazz2 community because we all like lori and dont want to let her biggest fansite go down!!!, are we?

Last edited by scatman; Mar 8, 2003 at 12:22 PM..

Old Mar 8, 2003, 11:50 AM   #5
Trafton
JCF Member
Banned

Here is my opinion on this.

I think that Lori Central, despite how much it is joked about, has been a seriously significant peace of Jazz 2's history for the duration of its existance. While it may not be dedicated to anything that would be considered massly accepted, it is important to follow your interests. If your interest is Lori, that is wonderful. It is nice to see active Jazz sites.

If you are really feeling like LC has turned from an interest into a burden, you are free to do what you wish (of course.) I just request that there be an archive if you do choose to remove it. Also, I hope if you do close it the descision is not because of public opinion - it is your interest, and you should not allow us to decide what you should or should not be interested in.

LC is a good site, and I would feel sad to see it go.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 12:23 PM   #6
scatman

me too

-scatman

Old Mar 8, 2003, 07:16 PM   #7
4I Falcon
JCF Member
aka spiteful

Send a message via ICQ to 4I Falcon Send a message via MSN to 4I Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to 4I Falcon
Quote:
Originally posted by Trafton
Here is my opinion on this.

I think that Lori Central, despite how much it is joked about, has been a seriously significant peace of Jazz 2's history for the duration of its existance. While it may not be dedicated to anything that would be considered massly accepted, it is important to follow your interests. If your interest is Lori, that is wonderful. It is nice to see active Jazz sites.

If you are really feeling like LC has turned from an interest into a burden, you are free to do what you wish (of course.) I just request that there be an archive if you do choose to remove it. Also, I hope if you do close it the descision is not because of public opinion - it is your interest, and you should not allow us to decide what you should or should not be interested in.

LC is a good site, and I would feel sad to see it go.
Agreed. LC is an excellent site, and a lot of work was clearly put into it. Not only that, but it's an excellent fan-site, obviously; a good place to put up fanart and fics; and a good, albeit unrecognized, place to get JJ2 downloads. I got quite a few things from LC, and I plan to go back soon to download more stuff.

LC is one of the few and the proud, the well-made JJ2 sites. I've seen quite a few sites that try to live up to LC's standards, or any other site, for that matter, and have failed miserably. Some, of course, like clan-sites and most of the J2O links, are reasonably well made, but not nearly as well as LC, J2O, or the now-dead J2C. As was indicated before, a lot of effort, time, and work was put into LC, which makes it what it is today.

The bottom line: Don't let LC fold, or you will have removed a whole part of the Jazz 2 community.

I leave it to you, DrJones.

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!
Old Mar 8, 2003, 08:21 PM   #8
Iam Canadian
JCF Member
Canadaman

Give Lori Central to me.
I actually wouldn't want to see LC go, even if it remained unupdated. If you can't find someone to run it, seeing just an archive remain would, in my opinion, be the best thing. When J2C truly went down, that really hurt the community, but if you must, I suppose...
R.I.P Lori Central...maybe.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 08:33 PM   #9
Violet CLM
JCF Éminence Grise
JCF Member

Send a message via MSN to Violet CLM
Source: DrJones, Lori Central:
Quote:
Have no fear folks!

Domain's been paid for and the site can go on. Now we need still need more staff! Me and Haze are planning of implementing a semi-automatic system like Nuke or Postnuke
Old Mar 8, 2003, 08:47 PM   #10
4I Falcon
JCF Member
aka spiteful

Send a message via ICQ to 4I Falcon Send a message via MSN to 4I Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to 4I Falcon
Yay! *grin grin*

I'd probably win the award for "Most Useless Staff Member" if I signed up...

Knows Java: FAILED
Knows PHP: FAILED
Has a sense of design and aesthetics: FAILED
Painstakingly finds and corrects errors in site design and such: PASSED...sort of

But, anyway, it's good to see that LC is remaining as... um, Lori-fied... as possible...

Go Doc! W00T W00T!

RABID CRAZINESS FOLLOWS.

"I like driving an automatic, because I can do this." *revs engine* "You like driving a manual?" "What did I say?" "Automatic." "I like my... automatic, uh, arm... it changes the shift-gear on my, uh, manual." - 4IF vs Ken

WT (un)masterpieces:
Enter: Jack Flash
System of Turbulence
Profile count: disabled.

Galbadia Hotel: your one-stop shop for all your VG music needs!
Old Apr 2, 2003, 01:52 AM   #11
Hare
JCF Member
RGB Manitee

Cool beans. I'm not a big Lori fan, but, as it was said, LC is a part of the Jazz community. It would be bad to have another site drop like a fly. Jazz2city (wiped off the face of the net), Jazz2stuff, and jazzcentral (was that the right name?) (last time I checked, it turned into a Dragon Ball Z fanpage) were good places. There are only a few good Jazz Jackrabbit sites left.

The Jazz community has been kind of an online home for me, I've had a heck of a lot of good times. Here's to another year of LC.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92
Old Apr 2, 2003, 01:09 PM   #12
Trafton
JCF Member
Banned

Great to see that Lori Central is staying up. Thanks for the news, UR.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 09:37 AM   #13
VelKa
JCF Member

Followed the link from J2O...

adkl254;lqekr52tw,....Just to let you know, LC was actually the largest reason I first poked into this community, because I first learned about the JMMB from there. =)

How much PHP would I have to know about in order to help out? I know enough HTML to make a small website, but PHP = 85492kjg. Yeah, I'd be somewhat interested in helping with LoriCentral, actually; but my PHP skills are somewhat weak, because I haven't been learning it for more than 2-3 months at the most. If you need to contact me, my ICQ is #83487610, or e-mail me at pranx0rific@hotmail.com.

~velkasha
Old Apr 16, 2003, 05:00 PM   #14
Momento Mori
JCF Member
Remember You Will Die!

Eh, I have a reason:

Because I like et!

Remember you will die.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 03:18 PM   #15
ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC
Banned
Anakin XSD

Location: Planet earth, Europe, Neterlands, Zuid Holland, Gorinchem, Laag dalem, Gorinchem east, in the últimate world of extreme Ðreams.
Send a message via ICQ to ßúññ¥€lmérTbtCC
I do know html, and php a bit, but i woudnt know anything to post on loricentral, and i woudnt have enough time for it anyway, sure there w'l be enough other people who can do this easly i hope.
Old May 17, 2003, 02:09 AM   #16
G@vie
JCF Member
=:D-|-<] Airboardin'

Maybe I could help.. I can do Html, and a bit php..