PDA

View Full Version : JJ2+ v5.12 (last updated 20 August, 2023)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

szmol96
Jul 27, 2013, 01:49 PM
Oh, thank you! This is the real answer to my problem.

szmol96
Jul 30, 2013, 10:27 AM
I have another two requests:
1. Could you make the Home Cooked levels list longer?
2. Frog Master game mode.
Rules
If you kill a player, he/she is morphed into frog and you own that player.
If you get killed by other players, you lose all your frogs and they are morphed back to normal and you get morphed into frog.
The goal is to own all other players as frogs.
Sorry for bothering and thanks!

Jerrythabest
Jul 30, 2013, 12:56 PM
1, longer HCL: I think we can, can't we? Though it might get annoying to browse, so maybe we'd need to add an easier way to browse by pages (for examle the left/right arrow buttons).
2, Frog Master: Nice idea, sounds a bit like pestilence but with the zombies disarmed. The limited movement of frogs can be an annoyance though. But the idea of owning players is awesome :D

L853RCHU
Jul 31, 2013, 01:17 AM
Please fix the home cooked levels. It just plays the rabbit in training level and you win it crashes. Please fix.

szmol96
Jul 31, 2013, 03:17 AM
Frog Master: Nice idea, sounds a bit like pestilence but with the zombies disarmed.
Actually, it's like Slave Master in Unreal Tournament, with frogs.

Obi1mcd
Jul 31, 2013, 05:48 AM
Regarding HCL, perhaps pressing a letter to jump to that point in the list, if that's doable? With a large number of levels it's certainly tedious to navigate.

French
Aug 1, 2013, 12:50 AM
1, longer HCL: I think we can, can't we? Though it might get annoying to browse, so maybe we'd need to add an easier way to browse by pages (for examle the left/right arrow buttons).

You can already browse HCL by pages (with navigation keys: PgUp and PgDn).
But probably you could show more levels by page, or browse subdirectories. Is it possible?
What do you mean by “longer”? Is there currently a limit?
And have you tried adding more pages for J2E's ?

szmol96
Aug 1, 2013, 02:35 AM
What do you mean by “longer”? Is there currently a limit?
Yes, there is a 256 level limit.

EDIT: Also, I have more ideas/requests. (I know I'm getting annoying.)
- An integrated join/leave notifier like NotifyJJ2 by Link.
- Testing for ANY player's chat in AS.

MrAlextov
Aug 1, 2013, 09:23 AM
I Have a simple idea, when there is new JJ2+ version released the old version will show warning message on the Splash screen and pester you to download the new update.

szmol96
Aug 2, 2013, 05:56 AM
I forgot to tell about a carrrot bug. So, when I have less hearts than max health and pick up a carrot, I get dragged around a bit and I have the same health as before.

Violet CLM
Aug 2, 2013, 09:49 AM
That's if you pick up a fake carrot that you think exists but the server doesn't agree with you about.

Love & Thunder
Aug 3, 2013, 06:07 AM
What I think should be done with the Home Cooked Levels list: Raise the limit to 512, and make the left/right arrow keys mimic the PageUp/PageDown keys.

szmol96
Aug 3, 2013, 06:28 AM
Raise the limit to 512
I think many people have more than 512 levels. For example, I have 1186 at the moment.

Love & Thunder
Aug 3, 2013, 06:55 AM
Ah... Well, maybe 2048?

Jerrythabest
Aug 3, 2013, 10:14 AM
I can't think of any reason why we would need to have any limit (without looking at the actual code).

ColdMetal
Aug 4, 2013, 01:30 PM
If it's possible to increase or remove the limit on how many levels are able to be listed in the HCL, then I think having the left/right arrow keys change what level types are currently listed (ie. have All / Single Player / Battle / Treasure / CTF listed as categories on the top of the screen, and have the current selection highlighted with the other ones darkened) would be a useful way to quickly sort through high numbers of levels -- particularly if the list is made accessible through the server setup screen instead of having to type in a .J2L filename.

Violet CLM
Aug 4, 2013, 01:34 PM
Levels don't have any internal specification of what gamemode they're for, though. The closest they get is the Multiplayer checkbox, which is a pretty blanket category, not always applied, and would anyway necessitate decompressing each .j2l file in order to read it.

MrAlextov
Aug 5, 2013, 02:19 AM
The categories to be shorted as parts...
For example the first would have the 1-256 levels
the second 257-513
and continues...

Can you made Hotel mode? It is based on Unknown mode but it saves the coins and whatever you had.
WHAT IS UNKNOWN MODE:
Rarely happen a server to host as unknown mode, it is a mode that it looks like coop. But without lives and some other differences...

cooba
Aug 5, 2013, 05:45 AM
Can you made Hotel mode?We can. But we won't.

Love & Thunder
Aug 5, 2013, 08:09 AM
Can you made Hotel mode?
... The horror! :O
We can. But we won't.
Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster(And his noodly appendages)! :)

On a slightly more serious note, perhaps left and right could jump one page at a time, and PageUp/PageDown could jump ten pages at a time?

FawFul
Aug 6, 2013, 02:42 AM
Just make the list unlimited, a scroll function and smaller font like the current jj2+ serverlist that was changed ages ago. On top a search function that searches on levelname of filename by simply pressing keys. All of this combined should the best option.

MrAlextov
Aug 6, 2013, 03:05 AM
Just make the list unlimited, a scroll function and smaller font like the current jj2+ serverlist that was changed ages ago. On top a search function that searches on levelname of filename by simply pressing keys. All of this combined should the best option.

Good idea... But may problem that the JJ2 has a number... Too big numbers for example 512000 may work

Sean
Aug 7, 2013, 10:09 AM
Another feature suggestion, don't suppose while spectating we could implement the ability to press the number of the player you want to spectate, or maybe even bind some players to certain numbers? The thought occurred to me while I was streaming a game of JJ2, and it would be quite useful when there's someone I want to watch at this specific moment but I don't want to waste time cycling through all the current players.

cooba
Aug 7, 2013, 11:39 AM
There's not enough for buttons for 32 players.

Jerrythabest
Aug 7, 2013, 12:11 PM
My TV has 1000 channels, but the remote has only 10 numeric buttons. Remarkably, it works fine! Maybe we need to look into Sony's patents (or the user manual) to see how they did that? :D

MrAlextov
Aug 8, 2013, 12:46 AM
About switch players with numbers there would be another window to see what numbers you are spectating to be not visible in live (or without this window, but in a Logitech keyboard with weird screen) and to spectate someone when you arent in the chat punch keys |1|>|4|>|ENTER| and you spectating him. Also good to use |-| for Red flag and |+| for the blue flag in ctf.

Toni_
Aug 9, 2013, 07:41 AM
Not sure if anyone suggested and is it possible already, but wouldn't it be easier for some players to change controls for ammo? For example - 7, 8 and 9 are hard to press while playing. It would be easier to bind them on some letters instead.

Violet CLM
Aug 9, 2013, 02:03 PM
No, JaRU is making a suggestion unrelated to yours.

MrAlextov
Aug 10, 2013, 12:30 AM
No, JaRU is making a suggestion unrelated to yours.

Oh... (Now its deleted), but actually great idea because the numbers are too far. Instead using 1-9 you can use Z, X, C, V, B, N,M, ",", "." and makes your live better.

Love & Thunder
Aug 10, 2013, 05:38 AM
While we're talking about controls, would it be possible to add a previous weapon button for Controllers? Even though this won't affect too many people, it will be a massive help for those it does help.

Jerrythabest
Aug 10, 2013, 09:55 AM
Hey, that's an interesting one. Bidirectional weapon selection!

Treylina
Aug 11, 2013, 09:18 AM
So, here's a bunch of bugs and feature suggestions:

There's still a bug with coloured names. If you spectate with a coloured name in a non team gamemode (that enables it, such as battle, treasure, coop and sp mode), then it gets changed to a team one while still spectating, your coloured name will appear messed up once you unspectate. Once this is fixed though, I think all the team bugs with coloured names will be gone. I knew about this bug for years, but it requires certain circumstances for it to happen, so that it is not that common.

Plusbutterfly.j2l is also bugged. The boss doesn't work, no matter what difficulty you select. Infact, I even thought for a few months there was supposed to be no boss, until I questioned it and checked the level in JCS. Sometimes the rocket turtle doesn't appear at all, or start in the wall and fly out of the map completely forever. gg.

I still would like to see a feature that stops the person from cycling if the level doesn't have a start pos. It is annoying only to have your server crash just because someone forgot to put a start pos, which is a common thing levelmakers forget to put. Some public console message like "ERROR: Cannot cycle, no start position found!".

Likewise, stopping players from cycling to a cache level if no tileset is found would help too. I can understand it's not much relevant to the plus devs, because they don't host and play online much, though for a host that is looking through their cache folder to find a level, it helps a lot. I have to rehost constantly sometimes just because I don't have a tileset in the main folder. It would stop them from cycling and display a message like "ERROR: (tileset).j2t not found in main folder." At the moment, I have to go through the process of copying the j2l to my main folder, then checking the missing tileset in JCS and then having to paste the j2t into my main folder. Which is tedious (even moreso when the level is passworded).

There's a way to find what the music and level file is, but not the tileset. Being able to know what the tileset file is would allow me to extract it from my cache (so I can play it through a level cache, or even just wanting the level in my main folder) would be a lot easier, otherwise I have to do the tedious JCS cache method (as explained above).

I had suggested these features several months ago, but I probably didn't explain clearly enough why I wanted them.

Also, how do you make the Devan boss animations appear properly? It can effect the masking and break him if they don't appear right.

There are more bugs I know that you guys probably don't know about, but most of them are insignificant (mainly pallette and animation errors) and don't affect gameplay much, or are too cool to fix (I'm using it for a sp level, and it's very unlikely you'll make the bug happen by accident anyway).

Jerrythabest
Aug 12, 2013, 02:46 AM
Plusbutterfly.j2l is also bugged. The boss doesn't work, no matter what difficulty you select. Infact, I even thought for a few months there was supposed to be no boss, until I questioned it and checked the level in JCS. Sometimes the rocket turtle doesn't appear at all, or start in the wall and fly out of the map completely forever. gg.This sounds very much like the original, buggy way the Rocket Turtle used to 'work'. You didn't perhaps use Save & Run without first editing your JCS.ini with the Plus additions, right? Otherwise you've just solved your own bug report: the level gets corrupted if you save it in JCS without the right JCS.ini additions in place. Try a redownload of the level and play it from the <acronym title="Home Cooked Levels">HCL</acronym> list, see if that solves it for you. If it does, read this (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-readme.html#jcsevents) to find out what you need to do if you want to edit the level in JCS (or if you just want to use Save & Run). If it still doesn't work, please report back.

I still would like to see a feature that stops the person from cycling if the level doesn't have a start pos. It is annoying only to have your server crash just because someone forgot to put a start pos, which is a common thing levelmakers forget to put. Some public console message like "ERROR: Cannot cycle, no start position found!".This would require JJ2 to load the new level without unloading the previous one, which is technically a bit hellish (though not impossible, I must say). I'd rather solve this by simply not crashing if there are no start positions. It's a lot simpler to do. JJ2 doesn't crash in single player either; I figure we could just make that behaviour the default in online games too.

Likewise, stopping players from cycling to a cache level if no tileset is found would help too. I can understand it's not much relevant to the plus devs, because they don't host and play online much, though for a host that is looking through their cache folder to find a level, it helps a lot. I have to rehost constantly sometimes just because I don't have a tileset in the main folder. It would stop them from cycling and display a message like "ERROR: (tileset).j2t not found in main folder." At the moment, I have to go through the process of copying the j2l to my main folder, then checking the missing tileset in JCS and then having to paste the j2t into my main folder. Which is tedious (even moreso when the level is passworded).I remember having had a chat about this with Violet and cooba; I figure we could include the cache folder when searching for j2l's, j2t's and j2as files, if the root didn't contain the required file.

There's a way to find what the music and level file is, but not the tileset. Being able to know what the tileset file is would allow me to extract it from my cache (so I can play it through a level cache, or even just wanting the level in my main folder) would be a lot easier, otherwise I have to do the tedious JCS cache method (as explained above).Hmm, a "current level details" command or so of some sort would do the trick. Maybe eventually. But if I'm not mistaken, don't we have standalone tools that do this already?

There are more bugs I know that you guys probably don't know about, but most of them are insignificant (mainly pallette and animation errors) and don't affect gameplay much, or are too cool to fix (I'm using it for a sp level, and it's very unlikely you'll make the bug happen by accident anyway).It's always good to report or tell about the bugs you know about, even if it's just for expressing the coolness of them... you're making me curious! There are already some bugs that don't get fixed because they are considered cool or useful, so don't worry- we won't break your level. But please share your knowledge! ;-)

Violet CLM
Aug 12, 2013, 02:57 AM
This sounds very much like the original, buggy way the Rocket Turtle used to 'work'. You didn't perhaps use Save & Run without first editing your JCS.ini with the Plus additions, right? Otherwise you've just solved your own bug report: the level gets corrupted if you save it in JCS without the right JCS.ini additions in place.
I don't believe that this is true.

Anyway, the rocket turtle problem you listed was fixed a while back, and IIRC resulted from something being hooked in the wrong place in TSF (but not in 1.23).

As for Devan boss animations, what are you trying that isn't working?

Grytolle
Aug 12, 2013, 04:08 AM
This would require JJ2 to load the new level without unloading the previous one, which is technically a bit hellish (though not impossible, I must say). I'd rather solve this by simply not crashing if there are no start positions. It's a lot simpler to do. JJ2 doesn't crash in single player either; I figure we could just make that behaviour the default in online games too.I'm pretty certain that 1.23+ xmas release had protection against this kind of crash (probably just a NOP or something similarly simple, knowing myself). You'd end up spawning at 0,0 instead, and there might have been an error echo

Treylina
Aug 12, 2013, 01:41 PM
This sounds very much like the original, buggy way the Rocket Turtle used to 'work'. You didn't perhaps use Save & Run without first editing your JCS.ini with the Plus additions, right? Otherwise you've just solved your own bug report: the level gets corrupted if you save it in JCS without the right JCS.ini additions in place. Try a redownload of the level and play it from the <acronym title="Home Cooked Levels">HCL</acronym> list, see if that solves it for you. If it does, read this (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-readme.html#jcsevents) to find out what you need to do if you want to edit the level in JCS (or if you just want to use Save & Run). If it still doesn't work, please report back.

This would require JJ2 to load the new level without unloading the previous one, which is technically a bit hellish (though not impossible, I must say). I'd rather solve this by simply not crashing if there are no start positions. It's a lot simpler to do. JJ2 doesn't crash in single player either; I figure we could just make that behaviour the default in online games too.

I remember having had a chat about this with Violet and cooba; I figure we could include the cache folder when searching for j2l's, j2t's and j2as files, if the root didn't contain the required file.

Hmm, a "current level details" command or so of some sort would do the trick. Maybe eventually. But if I'm not mistaken, don't we have standalone tools that do this already?

It's always good to report or tell about the bugs you know about, even if it's just for expressing the coolness of them... you're making me curious! There are already some bugs that don't get fixed because they are considered cool or useful, so don't worry- we won't break your level. But please share your knowledge! ;-)

It's ok if you don't do it the way I suggested. As long it doesn't crash the game, it should be fine.

I'll point out a few animation errors. I'll post the level where I found interesting bugs sometime, when I polish it up. Anyway, the animation error that bugs me the most is Lori's crouch. It's supposed to look like this:

http://postimg.org/image/e80j5tyf7/

With the current bugged crouch sprite, it makes the hitbox bigger than it's supposed to. This animation error is likely caused because it uses the same amount of frames as the Jazz/Spaz crouch sprite, probably because the devs assumed it used the same amount, and had no time to fix it.

Here's another animation error, caused by the same frame assumption of Jazz/Spaz. 11 frames are used. It looks like they're all used, until you compare it in-game.

http://postimg.org/image/ut0rbxrgx/

A weird lori animation error is the framerate of her being idle increases after she gets the tripping sprite. There's another Lori animation error, but it's more complicated to explain (lets just say for now that it's to do with an idle sprite).

Another animation bug is that if you hold on capslock/run or jump while eva is kissing you, you won't get the transition animation (from frog to rabbit). This happens with all characters.

I don't believe that this is true.

Anyway, the rocket turtle problem you listed was fixed a while back, and IIRC resulted from something being hooked in the wrong place in TSF (but not in 1.23).

As for Devan boss animations, what are you trying that isn't working?

This old thread explains it, in the middle of Devan jumping for a split second I get the "Chris is a redneq" sprite which looks funny and has no masking, which can cause him to fall out of the level.
http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=13168

I re-downloaded the level and opened it from HCL and it still doesn't work. Does TSF hook things differently?

Violet CLM
Aug 12, 2013, 01:59 PM
TSF has different addresses for almost everything. There are a handful of functions and things at the very beginning of the program that are in the exact same place in both versions, but after that, anything you want to change you need to find two different places to change it in. This is the main reason we don't support LK Avalon... nobody wants to change everything <em>three</em> times instead of two.

Oh, that Devan bug! Yeah, that's a silly one. Probably not too hard to track down, either.

Seren
Aug 18, 2013, 04:42 AM
2. Frog Master game mode.
Rules
If you kill a player, he/she is morphed into frog and you own that player.
If you get killed by other players, you lose all your frogs and they are morphed back to normal and you get morphed into frog.
The goal is to own all other players as frogs.
I took some time to calculate things, and it appears that the estimated time necessary to complete a game of Frog Master increases exponentially with growth of the number of players.

It looks like this:
f(x)=2<sup>(x-1)</sup>-1
where f is the average amount of kills necessary to complete the game and x is the number of players.

For 5 players this is 15 kills. For 10 players it's 511. For a full server (32 players) it's 2'147'483'647 (over 2 billion 147 million) kills. If on such a server a kill is made once every second, the game will take about 68 years.

Toni_
Aug 18, 2013, 05:27 AM
I found something strange. While playing a game on City of the Sn00ze, I realized something is not included in /ready function. I was down, at seeker PU, where Ambient Light is on. I typed /ready, and instead of resetting ambient lighting, like it should be at bases, it kept being dark like under. Try doing it, and you will see what I mean.

Jerrythabest
Aug 18, 2013, 09:56 AM
Ooh, that makes sense. The warping it does for you completely dodges the Set Light events you would come across if you would move to the base manually. The only solution to this is to add Set Light events to each base, so as to force the light to a specific intensity when you are in that area.

Toni_
Aug 19, 2013, 11:20 AM
Well, no solution for it then. Not sure if Get Me R had solution for it.

But for this, GMR had a solution - if you jump at spring, and type /ready while flying, you will jump from the base, too. In GMR you would freeze at the spring. Didn't try if this happens if you are in sucker tube, but in version of GMR that had this error it happened, too. I would just fly off the base.

Jerrythabest
Aug 19, 2013, 01:18 PM
You're right that you will jump off the base if you come from a spring or sucker tube. In fact it even happens if you issue the command while running/jumping/whatever. This is because /ready does not reset your speed to 0. That's one to fix :) But luckily it's an easy fix. Added it to the list, thanks for reporting!

szmol96
Aug 20, 2013, 03:23 AM
I found something strange in AS. While I was testing my Onslaught script, I used "if (p.teamRed == true)" and "if (p.teamRed == false)" to test for the CURRENT PLAYER's team, but it tests for PLAYER 1's team. Though, i found a solution for this problem. I simply used "if (jjLocalPlayers[1].teamRed == true)" and "if (jjLocalPlayers[1].teamRed == false)", and it worked. See for yourself in my level, just change "jjLocalPlayers[1]" to "p".

Seren
Aug 20, 2013, 03:42 AM
rtfm;
Moreover, while onMain() fires once per gametick, onPlayer() fires once per local player per gametick, updating the referent of jjP/p each time. In other, non-player specific functions, jjP/p's referent may be unpredictable and should not be relied upon unless there is only one local player at all.
Ignore the "unless there is only one local player at all" though, p should actually be only used in onPlayer(), onPlayerTimerEnd() and onFunction#(), and, if not a bad design decision, would be a function parameter of those.

szmol96
Aug 26, 2013, 01:04 PM
Ah, I see...

Treylina
Sep 4, 2013, 04:30 PM
A suggestion for when you have plusonly off...

Turn off latestversiononly, joiners spectate and all other non-backwards compatible plus features off automatically that cause vanilla JJ2 users unable to join (just like when scripted features are turned off). It was annoying trying to test someone if a level worked with vanilla, only to find out they couldn't join because of joiners spectate (which I forgot I left on, even though plusonly was off). It's also more intuitive and convenient.

MilloCz
Sep 5, 2013, 04:23 AM
TNT's no longer destroy destructable blocks? They don't even destroy destructable blocks that can be destructed only by TNT ?
This makes several maps unplayable, such as Christmas level 1.

Treylina
Sep 5, 2013, 07:52 AM
TNT's no longer destroy destructable blocks? They don't even destroy destructable blocks that can be destructed only by TNT ?
This makes several maps unplayable, such as Christmas level 1.
It's been reported several times. SE wrote a script that makes it work for the current version of plus.

Stijn
Sep 5, 2013, 01:41 PM
Sounds important enough to me to be worth a hotfix, if that's possible...

Stijn
Sep 5, 2013, 02:44 PM
That's what I meant with a hotfix, one that just fixes this one, important bug, while other changes are kept for a major release.

Violet CLM
Sep 5, 2013, 03:10 PM
Try changing byte 0x87423 in plus.dll from 0x30 to 0x2C.

L853RCHU
Sep 6, 2013, 12:04 AM
Make a angelscript command so you can change bosses health and sprite and color scheme etc. and also make an angelscript command so you can instakill someone or heal them if they do something.

Seren
Sep 6, 2013, 04:36 AM
Or you can rtfm.

Stijn
Sep 6, 2013, 06:46 AM
Try changing byte 0x87423 in plus.dll from 0x30 to 0x2C.
If it's that simple, why not just update the plus.dll in the download hosted here?

Violet CLM
Sep 6, 2013, 08:47 AM
Probably will, but was hoping for someone to first confirm that it fixed the problem for them, since I only checked it pretty cursorily.

French
Sep 6, 2013, 10:04 AM
OK. So for myself, it does fix the problem.

Treylina
Sep 6, 2013, 10:08 AM
Will cheating protection work against those using flying cheats? Also, some cheating noobs went back to vanilla JJ2 just so they can abuse the nowall bug again. Maybe it could automatically kick/ban them if a nowall cheater reaches a wall. It really should be backwards compatible.

Violet CLM
Sep 6, 2013, 10:14 AM
Trey: If you don't want someone to abuse the nowall bug through vanilla, just turn on PlusOnly. :P Any non-manual solution is going to run into issues with perfectly legitimate reasons to be inside walls, be they wallclimbing or warps or who knows what.

Treylina
Sep 6, 2013, 10:28 AM
Trey: If you don't want someone to abuse the nowall bug through vanilla, just turn on PlusOnly. :P Any non-manual solution is going to run into issues with perfectly legitimate reasons to be inside walls, be they wallclimbing or warps or who knows what.

Well, the server it occurs on is supposed (and intentionally) to be available for vanilla users too. It's not my server. I wasn't thinking about wallclimbing, more like flying inside a wall.

Violet CLM
Sep 6, 2013, 10:32 AM
All right, then... edit the level to have coin warps without targets in the walls. Vanilla crashes when it hits a warp without a target, and coin warps are detected even while jjnowall is on.

Treylina
Sep 6, 2013, 11:03 AM
All right, then... edit the level to have coin warps without targets in the walls. Vanilla crashes when it hits a warp without a target, and coin warps are detected even while jjnowall is on.

Uhh, the idea looks good on paper until:
1. It would take a lot of editing levels.
2. At some point when you place so many, events stop working. (I got told they had to remove extra warps in levels in the past because it wouldn't work properly otherwise).

Violet CLM
Sep 6, 2013, 03:36 PM
Hmm, that's true. Clients don't directly report to servers "hey, I'm flying!", but they do report their current animation, from which flying can kind of be inferred if you assume that people won't be copter-earing while inside of walls. It might work.

EDIT: Oh, but what about trigger scenery and the like? Just because you the server think a tile is masked, doesn't mean the client does.

Treylina
Sep 12, 2013, 02:44 PM
I'm going to throw a few simple JCS-able plus feature ideas;
1. Assign ammo type to a gun barrel. Yeah, giving a selection of current ammo only to host is an issue that could be fixed. Though it's likely not as easy to fix.
2. Sync options to swinging vines.
3. A "Down" parameter on one ways that allows you to go down if you press down. (technically it then becomes a two-way, but who cares). Probably the most complex to implement.

Violet CLM
Sep 12, 2013, 02:58 PM
1. Assign ammo type to a gun barrel.
What's wrong with ExtraEvent in crates?
3. A "Down" parameter on one ways that allows you to go down if you press down. (technically it then becomes a two-way, but who cares). Probably the most complex to implement.
Oh, that's a cute idea! It would probably take some getting used to, but lots of things do. I'll think about it.

minmay
Sep 12, 2013, 04:34 PM
3. A "Down" parameter on one ways that allows you to go down if you press down. (technically it then becomes a two-way, but who cares). Probably the most complex to implement.This sounds redundant with vines. I don't think it's worth it.

Treylina
Sep 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
What's wrong with ExtraEvent in crates?

There's nothing wrong with it, though I prefer gun barrels for MP, since they encourage the player to slow down a bit more. (I like high risk, high return in level design if it's not too percise).

This sounds redundant with vines. I don't think it's worth it.
Lol I forgot about vines when I wrote that. I stay up too late.

DoubleGJ
Sep 12, 2013, 11:22 PM
Vines don't work like platforms since you hang from them. It wouldn't be completely identical.

The concept reminds me of Contra, and it works very well there. In these games, to fall off such a platform, you need to press down and then jump, which in JJ2 executes a special move. As such, I wonder what would be a good way to control this falling down without being accidental too often. Simply holding down seems like a too easy way for me - one might want to just duck from a projectile or to look down, for example. Same with down+jump. Then again, making it so that you have to hold down for, say, 2 seconds, it could be too time consuming and thus frustrating. In conclusion, I don't think there's a convenient way out with this concept, but maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.

Violet CLM
Sep 13, 2013, 03:08 AM
I think if you want to duck from a projectile, falling through the floor is going to be an even more efficient way of dodging. And then I wrote "duck" and "dodg[e]" in the same sentence and my mind is going in a different direction. Hmm.

We're trying for a September release, so the chances of any elaborate new suggestion getting implemented in the next version are currently decreasing by the day. Wish us luck ~<3~

Treylina
Sep 13, 2013, 09:16 AM
When it's late I tend not to think much about backing up my points, though the mechanics of a platform and a vine are quite different. Unlike vines, you can gain momentum and run faster on a platform. I don't consider it a priority to work on, as there are other plus features (character ability value editing for scripts) and bugfixes (online coop, birds and sp) I'd rather much see. "We're trying for a September release" isn't that this month? Lol. Anyway, good luck.

XxMoNsTeRXM
Sep 14, 2013, 05:01 AM
Violet can you add more boss musics in jj2+? If you can it would be nice, because the musics that we currently have in jj2 are just 2, maybe 10 musics would be enough.

cooba
Sep 14, 2013, 05:24 AM
Violet can you add more boss musics in jj2+? If you can it would be nice, because the musics that we currently have in jj2 are just 2, maybe 10 musics would be enough.http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-angelscript.html

Violet CLM
Sep 14, 2013, 12:15 PM
Discussed in the fourth paragraph from the top, no less.

Foly
Sep 14, 2013, 10:40 PM
Okay I'm a little bit late with this since the plus release should be soon but can you make an option to make plus commands used with AngelScript invisible in the chat? For example if I use jjChat("/trigger 1 on") it will turn trigger 1 on for everyone but doesn't show in chat.

EDIT: Also another idea, a plus function that disables running for every player. Not something you'd put up in your priority list but it could be fun to have a walking fight ;)

Violet CLM
Sep 14, 2013, 10:43 PM
We've thought about that but never quite gotten around to it. It might end up happening. Wait and see.

Unrelated: so far for the next release I have fixed six different issues with swinging platforms and/or their 2D spike boll cousins. How many of them can you think of? One of them I'd be surprised if anyone knew about...

Olsen
Sep 15, 2013, 07:52 AM
No more falling through them? No more "oh no for some reason this platform decided to not spawn this time, gg no re"?

Are they... reliable now?

XxMoNsTeRXM
Sep 15, 2013, 09:54 AM
Violet CLM i want to thank you for creating JJ2+ and keep working. JJ2+ in the present is so good and useful. Keep working and in the future will be much much useful than now :)

Stijn
Sep 15, 2013, 10:10 AM
Violet CLM i want to thank you for creating JJ2+ and keep working. JJ2+ in the present is so good and useful. Keep working and in the future will be much much useful than now :)
While Violet has certainly done a lot, the foundations were all laid by BlurredD and various other people contributed as well!

szmol96
Sep 18, 2013, 12:38 PM
Vines don't work like platforms since you hang from them. It wouldn't be completely identical.

The concept reminds me of Contra, and it works very well there. In these games, to fall off such a platform, you need to press down and then jump, which in JJ2 executes a special move. As such, I wonder what would be a good way to control this falling down without being accidental too often. Simply holding down seems like a too easy way for me - one might want to just duck from a projectile or to look down, for example. Same with down+jump. Then again, making it so that you have to hold down for, say, 2 seconds, it could be too time consuming and thus frustrating. In conclusion, I don't think there's a convenient way out with this concept, but maybe I'm not thinking hard enough.

What about double-tapping down in a quick succession?

cooba
Sep 21, 2013, 01:33 PM
Currently, Pregame is automatically enabled when the gamemode is Jailbreak, LRS, or a derivative of LRS. Would anyone be opposed to removing this constraint for the LRS-based gamemodes?

Violet CLM
Sep 22, 2013, 04:59 PM
I think it's a little more complicated than that. The point of the code seems to be that if the pregame timer runs out in an LRS or Jailbreak game and there's only one person in the server, that person/team would automatically win, and so pregame should be mandatorily left on until there are enough people to play with. However, I see no reason that JJ2+ should force you to start a pregame if there <em>are</em> enough people already present.

EDIT: Ah, but of course. It's not important that there be more than one person present; it's important that there be more than one <em>active</em> person present. And the initial check to start the pregame takes place before any clients have had the chance to connect to the new level, so the number of active players will only ever be 1 (unless the server is playing in splitscreen). So this just wouldn't be a possible restriction to remove.

EDIT2: It would be possible to make the automatic pregame countdown last less time, only five seconds for example. But I think that's all.

FawFul
Sep 24, 2013, 07:05 AM
I have a request for jj2+.

Is it possible to make it so that the /maxresolution command is only behaving that way for people that are not spectating? with bigjazz or if we ever get higher resolutions in the future as jj2+ addon it would be cool to stream on a higher resolution than 640x480. Like a 1920x1080 resolution. Besides, as broadcaster/spectator you catch a lot more of the game this way.

Jerrythabest
Sep 24, 2013, 08:08 AM
I'm against this. It would have the potential for being abused. You could just spectate yourself with a second client to circumvent the resolution limit.

Stijn
Sep 24, 2013, 08:19 AM
You could just spectate yourself with a second client to circumvent the resolution limit.
This is very unlikely to happen in situations where it would matter.

FawFul
Sep 24, 2013, 10:31 AM
I thought about it and i can't think of any way to abuse it. The thing you mentioned jerry is not a related abuse towards my idea. Like Stijn said, it's unlikely you join with a second account and people will notice. Private matches are private, extra people won't just join. Besides, if it were to happen, it's not the resolution that gives the other guy info, if you put a screen next to yours you can spectate the enemy, knowing his position in the map. The fact that you see more around this person actually doesn't give any advantage!

Violet CLM
Sep 24, 2013, 10:46 AM
I agree with FawFul... any advantage you could get would be secondary to the advantage you could get from spectating your opponent. But higher resolutions are enough of a technical hurdle that I suspect the point is kind of academic.

FawFul
Sep 24, 2013, 12:13 PM
I agree with FawFul... any advantage you could get would be secondary to the advantage you could get from spectating your opponent. But higher resolutions are enough of a technical hurdle that I suspect the point is kind of academic.

Less academic intended as you might think. My point here is it would be awesome if we're not supposed to stream live matches and insights on 640x480 in 2013. Blur made his last contribution to plus in 2010 and the familair program "bigjazz" by neobeo existed even longer before that. The combination of /maxresolution and bigjazz and has been here for 3 years now. Hell, the reason of /maxresolution was more or less made for the beta program bigjazz and future development in the first place. So I'm actually asking it for this timeline, with a little bit of hope more resolution support is added in the next jj2+ update. Although your answer kind of gives away there are no sucessful results.... bummer. Neobeo showed it is possible though, and atm I think it's one of the highest priorities.

cooba
Sep 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
Proper support for higher resolutions is on the cards for a future update (not the upcoming one), and until then there's no point in JJ2+ supporting bigjazz.Hell, the reason of /maxresolution was more or less made for the beta program bigjazz and future development in the first place.No, it was a compromise that blur was forced to make, paraphrasing his own words.

Grytolle
Sep 24, 2013, 12:29 PM
/maxspecresolution !

Jerrythabest
Sep 26, 2013, 12:36 PM
Ha, funny how I completely failed to see the ability to spectate your opponent. Please disregard =)

As for high res support, I've spent some time patching the 'crash sites' that come along when you force JJ2 into a higher resolution, but it's not a trivial task. There are basically three problems:
Adding the higher resolutions to the options
Increasing the size of all the in-memory structures in which JJ2 stores information about the visible tiles and sprites
Adjusting all code so that it does not stop drawing/processing prematurely
The first one was easy to fix. The second is annoying to find but not difficult to fix. The latter is a real pain because it sometimes requires a deeper knowledge of the purpose and architecture of that piece of code.

Foly
Sep 27, 2013, 02:18 AM
Easier would be rewriting the game together instead making a Patch.

Good luck with that.

Grytolle
Sep 27, 2013, 04:38 AM
Easier would be rewriting the game together instead making a Patch.
No, then that would have happened before this did.O+

Toni_
Sep 27, 2013, 11:34 AM
I remember back then this (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2+) link was working. Can you fix it?

Stijn
Sep 27, 2013, 11:38 AM
No, /jj2plus/ is the official link now.

KRSplatinum
Sep 27, 2013, 01:08 PM
Sometimes my client and other people are chatting "/fireball on" at random times without anyone writing it.

cooba
Sep 27, 2013, 01:15 PM
This would be an error in the anti Pepper Spray function I wrote for Canyon Grove. Try replacing line 62 with this:
if (p.ammo[8] < oldGun8Ammo && checkForFireball() == false && p.isActive && p.health > 0) {

Neobeo
Sep 28, 2013, 03:26 AM
As for high res support, I've spent some time patching the 'crash sites' that come along when you force JJ2 into a higher resolution, but it's not a trivial task. There are basically three problems:
Adding the higher resolutions to the options
Increasing the size of all the in-memory structures in which JJ2 stores information about the visible tiles and sprites
Adjusting all code so that it does not stop drawing/processing prematurely
The first one was easy to fix. The second is annoying to find but not difficult to fix. The latter is a real pain because it sometimes requires a deeper knowledge of the purpose and architecture of that piece of code.

I think I came to the conclusion at the time that it would be easier to rewrite the graphics engine rather than adding multiple hacks on top of it (plus we get to leverage modern DirectX support etc.). This is definitely more practical now given how plus is slowly overwriting all the original functions...

Narsist
Sep 28, 2013, 02:31 PM
Oh, I'm so happy with this update and I admit that I can't use this.
I guess it's happening 'cause of my JJ2 copy is not original or something like that.
I have no words, sadly...

cooba
Sep 28, 2013, 02:46 PM
Whoa, since when can we have 75x75 avatars?

Love & Thunder
Sep 29, 2013, 12:11 AM
Oh, I'm so happy with this update and I admit that I can't use this.
I guess it's happening 'cause of my JJ2 copy is not original or something like that.
I have no words, sadly...
Ah, when you start up your game, does a logo saying "LK Avalon" come up?

Stijn
Sep 30, 2013, 01:19 AM
Whoa, since when can we have 75x75 avatars?
A while. It doesn't actually make a difference for most posts with regards to the amount of screen real estate used.

Vegito
Sep 30, 2013, 02:47 AM
I guess this question has been asked several times before and may have been answered too, but how about IPv6 support? IPv6 support is becoming more of a concern considering some ISPs start to use IPv6 instead now. I know dealing with netcode has been difficult but if IPv6 support isn't gonna be added a lot of new players and quite a few of the older players will not be able to play JJ2 online 'soon' anymore.

Jerrythabest
Sep 30, 2013, 03:59 AM
I thought about that last night. I figure one way to go about this is to change all of JJ2's internal storage etc. to IPv6 using IPv4 mapped addresses (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6#IPv4-mapped_IPv6_addresses). Then I fell asleep.

Toni_
Sep 30, 2013, 09:22 AM
Then I fell asleep.

And now you woke up. Think about it for next release. It's gonna be great!

Narsist
Sep 30, 2013, 04:23 PM
Ah, when you start up your game, does a logo saying "LK Avalon" come up?

Nope. :/

Love & Thunder
Oct 1, 2013, 02:39 PM
What version of JJ2 are you running(1.00g, 1.00h, 1.10o, 1.21, 1.22, 1.23, 1.24, or one of the Xmas Editions?), when did you install it(Before any major changes on your PC?), what version of Windows are you running(If you're running it under another OS, please do specify), and does your version of JJ2 have any oddities(Weird box art, missing content, strange menus, weird glitches that only happen to you)?

Treylina
Oct 1, 2013, 04:05 PM
If you could give a screenshot of the error, it would give a much better idea of what actually is going wrong.

Vegito
Oct 2, 2013, 02:53 AM
And now you woke up. Think about it for next release. It's gonna be great!

"Great" might not be the right word. It's perhaps the most necessary update of them all. Updating JJ2 to use IPv6 with IPv4 mapped addresses will let IPv6 and IPv4 users to play together I believe?

cooba
Oct 2, 2013, 03:19 AM
<a href="http://www.google.com/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption">It can wait.</a>

Jerrythabest
Oct 2, 2013, 06:05 AM
I think for the following 30 years we will be having dual stack dominating the Internet, meaning most people will be on both IPv4 and IPv6. IPv6 support is only essential for those people that don't have an IPv4 address.

Implementing IPv6 with IPv4 mapped addresses is a simple way to allow dual stack (IPv4- and IPv6-enabled) clients to connect to IPv4 servers (dual stack servers to accept IPv4-only clients) without us developers having to fiddle with the different protocols, provided that their system supports the IPv4 mapped addresses feature so that somewhere down the line the IPv6 packets we would produce would be translated into IPv4 packets, and IPv4 packets that we receive are translated into IPv6 packets, automatically. Note that IPv4-only clients will not be able to join IPv6-only servers since they have no way of addressing that server. Similarly, IPv4-only servers are unable to accept IPv6-only clients.

In tabular form:
<table class="tborder" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="6"><tr><td class="thead">&nbsp;</td><td class="thead">IPv4 server</td><td class="thead">IPv6 server</td><td class="thead">Dual stack server</td></tr><tr><td class="thead">IPv4 client</td><td class="alt2">Works currently via IPv4;<br>Would work via mapped addresses</td><td class="alt2">Impossible</td><td class="alt2">Works currently via IPv4;<br>Would work via mapped address</td></tr><tr><td class="thead">IPv6 client</td><td class="alt2">Impossible</td><td class="alt2">Would work via IPv6</td><td class="alt2">Would work via IPv6</td></tr><tr><td class="thead">Dual stack client</td><td class="alt2">Works currently via IPv4;<br>Would work via mapped address</td><td class="alt2">Would work via IPv6</td><td class="alt2">Works currently via IPv4;<br>Would work via IPv6</td></tr></table>

When (or if?) we come to this, we'd probably want to consult RFC 4038 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4038) for further advice.

Toni_
Oct 2, 2013, 07:48 AM
I remember when Nerd was still active, he was saying that he could fix airs and 3hks if he had JJ2+ source code. I think he was saying he would do it with editing TCP and UDP ports or something like that. Can't remember well, but if you know what I mean please tell me if it is possible.

Grytolle
Oct 2, 2013, 07:51 AM
He meant moving the bullet packets to TCP

Treylina
Oct 2, 2013, 03:18 PM
I doubt airs could completely be prevented, because of internet latency.

Violet CLM
Oct 2, 2013, 03:38 PM
I have taken some measures to try to reduce the amount of discrepancy between clients, and we'll find out how well they work come release time, but as Trey says, it's not an issue that can be eliminated completely. If a packet, TCP <em>or</em> UDP, takes longer to arrive than it should, JJ2 can't go back in time and retroactively add the bullet.

Toni_
Oct 3, 2013, 07:13 AM
Okay, but, any lag lowering would be crucial.

cooba
Oct 3, 2013, 08:29 AM
Okay, but, any lag lowering would be crucial.I suggest getting a better Internet connection

Vegito
Oct 3, 2013, 10:01 AM
Yet moving bullets to TCP would still improve lag issues. UDP being "here! Catch the packet and I don't care if you receive it!" just doesn't do it. A better connection won't help with that either. I am not sure what the effect of using TCP would be either actually. TCP is slower but above all UDP is a lot better for sending multicast/broadcast packets. Are the bullet packets sent to everyone individually (unicast) or using multicasts? If they are unicasts changing to TCP might be worth a try.

Toni_
Oct 3, 2013, 10:19 AM
I suggest getting a better Internet connection

Thanks for suggestion, but it's not me. I have a fine connection (6Mbit/s), it's the other players, they lag sometimes, and I don't see why wouldn't you change bullets to TCP if you know how and if that lowers the lag.

Vegito
Oct 3, 2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks for suggestion, but it's not me. I have a fine connection (6Mbit/s), it's the other players, they lag sometimes, and I don't see why wouldn't you change bullets to TCP if you know how and if that lowers the lag.

I have a 60mbit connection and experience lots of packet loss, I assume it has something to do with UDP... Many bullets just don't show up.

Seren
Oct 3, 2013, 10:36 AM
Do you, either of you, have any proof it's bullets not showing up rather than bullets showing up with invalid velocity, initial position, et cetera (purely a fault of JJ2 packet structure and not protocol used)? I never experienced the former.

Vegito
Oct 3, 2013, 11:03 AM
I guess using bigjazz to play 1600x900 could show you. I can perhaps make a recording where it's clear bullets just don't appear at all even though you see the enemy shoot. Seeing the player shoot but not see any bullet appear is most likely a protocol issue imo.

Seren
Oct 3, 2013, 11:08 AM
...but doesn't bigjazz fail to show many distant sprites regardless of whether they're bullets or not? Besides, I did notice certain bullets don't show up if they spawn off-screen, but since there's a rule to it, it can't be protocols' fault. UDP issues will happen randomly and not orderly.

cooba
Oct 3, 2013, 11:10 AM
doesn't bigjazz failYup

Vegito
Oct 3, 2013, 11:16 AM
I was gonna scratch the bigjazz part cause I realized that myself but too many people were active in the forum so I didn't bother. I am talking about someone shooting in the normal 640x480 screen, a couple of tiles away. It's not a bullet spawning off-screen, it's a bullet shot from in my screen and not showing up at all (difficult to dodge?)

Violet CLM
Oct 3, 2013, 11:18 AM
I would suggest writing a quick .j2as to count the number of bullets spawned, from a single player or overall, and compare results across computers.

Toni_
Oct 3, 2013, 11:31 AM
Do you, either of you, have any proof it's bullets not showing up rather than bullets showing up with invalid velocity, initial position, et cetera (purely a fault of JJ2 packet structure and not protocol used)? I never experienced the former.

I just said what Nerd said. I have no proof for anything. I really know nothing about TCP/UDP and bullet spawning, so whatever you say it's okay for me.

GLaDOS
Oct 3, 2013, 05:24 PM
The solution to bullet desync is not related to the protocol they're sent on; TCP vs. UDP is nothing but a tradeoff between delay and loss. I think bullets are sent over TCP, due to the way they "stack up" and get shot all at once during lag spikes.
It's a combination of two issues within the protocol: bullet velocities being calculated from local player velocities (which may vary across server/clients) instead of being sent with the "bullet shot" packet, and seekers moving towards players' local player positions (strongly desynced by extrapolation and packet timing inconsistencies).

To eliminate airhits, bullet velocities could be added to the packet that is sent when a player fires. To deal with seekers, the server could send the position of all (nearby) seeker bullets every few frames and let the clients extrapolate from there. This would preferrably happen over UDP. I have no idea how difficult it is to introduce new packets to JJ2's protocol, but these two changes should reduce the frequency of airhits by quite a bit, at least in low to moderate packet loss conditions.
It may be necessary to take AngelScript into account here (perhaps by adding a function that disables syncing for specific bullet types), as some levels might manipulate bullets client-side in some way for gameplay or visual effects.

3HKs are the result of player health not being updated reliably in some way, but I'm not sure where exactly the problem is located (health packets over UDP? Unusual client side condition needed for health update?), since I haven't looked too much into the protocol. The solution would be to periodically update player health, perhaps over TCP. Again, it requires protocol updates; hopefully it's doable.

Jerrythabest
Oct 4, 2013, 09:00 AM
Protocol updates are doable and Plus already contains quite some of them as a matter of fact.

I think 3hks happen when the server and the client differ in their opinions about the client's number of hearts. I figure the client dies if the server's opinion is that the client's last heart has been taken. I must admit, though, that I do not know what would then happen if the server would think the client has more hearts than the client itself thinks it does.

GLaDOS
Oct 4, 2013, 10:41 AM
I think 3hks happen when the server and the client differ in their opinions about the client's number of hearts. I figure the client dies if the server's opinion is that the client's last heart has been taken.
That's also how I understand it; what I am not sure about is the exact source of the problem: whether it's unreliable transfer of the health packet at protocol level, or perhaps the client deciding to discard the health update for some reason (I've seen 3HKs occur somewhat more frequently when the player gets stuck against a ceiling by seekers in a way that the ceiling prevents further seekers from targetting the player).

...what would then happen if the server would think the client has more hearts than the client itself thinks it does.
It rarely happens anymore because of blur's carrot synchronization fix, but the player will probably either silently ignore the hit without entering the blinking/invincibility state, or play the hurt animation and blink normally, and just stay at the same number of hearts.

A general solution for periodic health synchronization in the protocol would solve both of these issues anyway.

Vegito
Oct 4, 2013, 11:22 AM
Protocol updates are doable and Plus already contains quite some of them as a matter of fact.

I think 3hks happen when the server and the client differ in their opinions about the client's number of hearts. I figure the client dies if the server's opinion is that the client's last heart has been taken. I must admit, though, that I do not know what would then happen if the server would think the client has more hearts than the client itself thinks it does.

I can tell you how my JJ2 acts when the latter happens. If I get hit at the moment I take a carrot, I at times go down to 2/1 heart (client side). However, if I get hit again I don't die, I just go back to the hearts I had before. If I take a carrot while I'm 2/1 and the server thinks I'm 3, it just seems like I take a fake carrot. The carrot however stays and my heart pops back to 3.

Superjazz
Oct 4, 2013, 01:46 PM
I can tell you how my JJ2 acts when the latter happens. If I get hit at the moment I take a carrot, I at times go down to 2/1 heart (client side). However, if I get hit again I don't die, I just go back to the hearts I had before. If I take a carrot while I'm 2/1 and the server thinks I'm 3, it just seems like I take a fake carrot. The carrot however stays and my heart pops back to 3.

I can back this up from my own experience too. My assumptions at first times were of course that I had mislooked my health when trying to take a carrot, but once it started to happen regularly and I was certain about what I saw it got obvious that my health was shown as lower number than it was supposed to be.

KRSplatinum
Oct 5, 2013, 03:33 AM
...ok...

Can the /ready command give coins too? Not infinite coins, but just some amount like GMR.

cooba
Oct 5, 2013, 05:14 AM
Can the /ready command give coins too? Not infinite coins, but just some amount like GMR.bool isGameStarted;

void onPlayer(jjPLAYER@ p) {
if (jjGameState == GAME::STARTED && !isGameStarted) {
isGameStarted = true;
p.coins = 10;
jjAlert("You get 10 coins!");
}
}<!>

Jerrythabest
Oct 5, 2013, 10:00 AM
Like Cooba said. The basic problem with this is that a sensible amount of coins would depend completely on the architecture of the level. The only way to do it right is via AngelScript.

Hardtana
Oct 5, 2013, 04:33 PM
This will be bizarre, so I'm sorry in advance - I have not applied a patch other than the 1.23 one (was it called that?); so...do I just download the file and run or is it far more complicated? Thank you.

Violet CLM
Oct 5, 2013, 05:23 PM
LTNS! The <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-readme.html#installation">installation section</a> of the readme is a little less clearly organized than it could be, but in sum, you extract all the files into your main JJ2 folder and run <strong>plusifier.exe</strong>. This will create a modified game file&mdash;usually <strong>Jazz2+.exe</strong>&mdash;which you can run.

Hardtana
Oct 5, 2013, 05:33 PM
If LTNS is "long time no see", then same here. :) I had a huge rush of nostalgia, I searched for my old posts and somebody else's and then...well, I was hooked.

And thank you. :)

GoldRabbit
Oct 19, 2013, 01:09 PM
Remind me to tell you sometime what the "RandomFly" parameter on crate events does.

do tell, please

Violet CLM
Oct 19, 2013, 01:26 PM
okay, so, like, don't tell anyone I told you this

If you shoot a crate with RandomFly set to 1, <em>if</em> ExtraEvent is set to anything other than 0 (doesn't matter if NumEvent is set or not), <em>if</em> you're playing in Hard, <em>if</em> there are bee objects in the level, there is a <em>one in four chance</em> that the crate will spawn a bee.

Jerrythabest
Oct 19, 2013, 02:21 PM
And thus not even a fly!

Love & Thunder
Oct 19, 2013, 02:48 PM
Now that's downright comedic. XD
I wonder who added that feature, and why, since it seems pretty much useless.

Violet CLM
Oct 19, 2013, 05:40 PM
New release!
As ever, <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus.zip">click here to download.</a>
And <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-examples.zip">click <em>here</em></a> to download the example levels, which have been split off from the main archive due to their multitude.

http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/newplus05small.png (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/newplus05.png)http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/newplus06small.png (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/newplus06.png)http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/newplus07small.png (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/newplus07.png)

<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-readme.html#lc101913">The full list of changes can be found over here.</a> This is a major update that focuses on a number of areas, including brand new splash screens (one each for 1.23 and TSF), lots of new ways to draw tiles and sprites both with and without AngelScript, various improvements in the netcode, vastly increased 1.23/TSF interoperability, increased AS control over objects and various other things, mouse aiming, and so many bug fixes that some of the bugs fixed you never even knew existed. We're very excited (and also burnt out, but mostly excited) about this release, and we hope you will be too!

juanpablo123
Oct 19, 2013, 08:31 PM
hello i'm new here... ok so here's the situation:
when i try to start jj2 with the new update i get "jazz jackrabbit 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close" popup error
when i run it with windows 95 or windows 98/windows me compatibility mode, it works, but not single player or multiplayer because after loading a lvl i get an access violation...

access violation contents:
access violation at address 1005CCD6h
attempted to "read" from address 00000000h
DS = 0023h
ES = 0023h
FS = 003Bh
GS = 0000h
CS:EIP = 001Bh:1005CCD6h
SS:ESP = 0023h:0013FB44h
SS:EBP = 0023h:0013FBE0h
EAX = 1h
EBX = 0h
ECX = 0h
EDX = 1570608h
ESI = Fh
EDI = 10h
EBP = 13FBE0h

omfg how can i fix this heeeeeeeeeeeeelp :confused: :(
i use Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2...

Violet CLM
Oct 19, 2013, 09:07 PM
Hi juanpablo, this sounds like the kind of error that might be difficult to diagnose over the JCF. Do you have an instant messenger account I could contact you at?

Obi1mcd
Oct 19, 2013, 10:30 PM
I'm getting pretty much the same thing with 1.23+. It works fine through the splash screen and menu, but when I load a level the game crashes. Using TSF+ works fine, though.

Toni_
Oct 20, 2013, 04:16 AM
I got an access violation when I pressed on X to close JJ2 window.

EDIT: I just came up to something very frustrating what happens very often. While spectating someone, if he has a PU, the ammo he picks up shows as non PUed sometimes. Hope it's fixed. I spectated someone in a server where I am not sure a new plus is installed and it worked fine.

FawFul
Oct 20, 2013, 05:46 AM
This is awesome! great work jj2+ team:7.

One request: please have an configuration .ini for changing the controls during mousemode! I can imagine people want to play with the right mouse click or mouse wheel(weapon select perhaps or scrolling through weapons) and W,A,S,D for movement, W or space being the jump button. I think it's so groundbreaking it's not weird to have a set of different controls during this mode.

juanpablo123
Oct 20, 2013, 06:22 AM
Hi juanpablo, this sounds like the kind of error that might be difficult to diagnose over the JCF. Do you have an instant messenger account I could contact you at?
you gotta get skype... a messenger program... because windows live messenger is no more, they have moved to skype...
my skype account is juanpablobouzas
oh and i don't have any instant messengers... like AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)... or something like these...

szmol96
Oct 20, 2013, 06:42 AM
I'm amazed. It is finally out! Mouse aiming is REALLY AWESOME. Custom menus and HUD elements! This is the best update ever! Though I found something abnormal when playing plusPalettes.
http://imgur.com/LmOjNLe

snzspeed
Oct 20, 2013, 06:43 AM
Doesnt work for me. Crashes for both 1.23/TSF with an AV whenever i load a level...

Jerrythabest
Oct 20, 2013, 07:29 AM
Surprising how it crashes some while working fine for others (like myself). Although I haven't participated much in development and testing this time around, judging by the development discussions of the past weeks I'd say this release has gone through a longer and more intensive testing phase than any previous.

I wonder, if you people rename or move away your jazz2.cfg and plus.ini files, does it still crash? My idea being it could be some specific setting causing problems.

Obi1mcd
Oct 20, 2013, 07:41 AM
Nope, that doesn't seem to fix it. Apparently it isn't my Jazz2.exe file either, seeing as it worked when I sent it to Sir Ementaler.

snzspeed
Oct 20, 2013, 08:01 AM
Didnt seem to fix it for me either... :P

Treylina
Oct 20, 2013, 08:28 AM
I'm going to write up a guide on how to make keyboard 1 controls work nicely with mouse aim as well as default aim soon, so you don't have to keep configuring/have awkward control.

EDIT: Done

cooba
Oct 20, 2013, 08:43 AM
Though I found something abnormal when playing plusPalettes.That's actually intended to happen:myPal.load("plusPalettes.j2l"); //any file is allowed! and will give you awful results!

Snooze/Obi: Are you getting the AV at the same addresses (Xh at Yh) as juan pablo?

Stijn
Oct 20, 2013, 08:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4MyhZjg.png

1.23, when I try to play any level. Windows 8.1.

snzspeed
Oct 20, 2013, 08:58 AM
edit: ok I made a mistake. my plus indeed works for 1.23 on my other computer, but TSF still crashes. Ill get a screen of the error in a second.

And also, on my laptop, TSF wont even start properly (doesnt matter if its plussed or not) and 1.23 plus crashes with an AV, like TSF on my computer.

djazz
Oct 20, 2013, 09:16 AM
One request: please have an configuration .ini for changing the controls during mousemode! I can imagine people want to play with the right mouse click or mouse wheel(weapon select perhaps or scrolling through weapons) and W,A,S,D for movement, W or space being the jump button. I think it's so groundbreaking it's not weird to have a set of different controls during this mode.

I second this! Had to change all controls, and I use W for run and space for jump. Cycling through ammo with mousewheel would be awesome. Right mouse button should be assignable tool.
Great release (y)

Edit: Also for Show Max Health, make the hearts darker. Also.. mouselock! pls *clicks outside jj2 window* *jj2 disappear behind clicked window*

minmay
Oct 20, 2013, 09:26 AM
The crashes I was experiencing have completely stopped (in 1.23 anyway, haven't checked TSF yet). This is with default settings.
Also I can brag about being able to use the default controls in mouse mode, because I'm left-handed. Totally worth being unable to write in pen.

Obi1mcd
Oct 20, 2013, 09:27 AM
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1415/xv1h.png

djazz
Oct 20, 2013, 11:21 AM
I found a bug! If you spectate NO ONE and unspectate, you will get kicked for hacking, and eventually, banned.
Level tested: DJctf01.j2l (http://www.jazz2online.com/downloads/5666/megalo/)
Gamemode: CTF

Seems to only happen in this level... hmm..

[21:10:31] Console: FabiAN[NC] is no longer SPECTATING
[21:10:31] >>> Hack attempt from IP - invalid shield
[21:10:31] *** FabiAN[NC] was kicked off (Hacking/Cheating)

[21:16:21] Console: zepect is no longer SPECTATING
[21:16:21] >>> Hack attempt from IP - invalid shield
[21:16:21] *** zepect was kicked off (Hacking/Cheating)

Treylina
Oct 20, 2013, 11:24 AM
Here's a brief guide I wrote on adjusting controls for both mouse and default aim. It's the best that can be done at the moment. Spacebar cannot be used for jump unless you changed your shoot button for default shooting.

http://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?p=480653#post480653

cooba
Oct 20, 2013, 11:31 AM
Well done!Spacebar cannot be used for jump unless you changed your shoot button for default shooting.I'd recommend W for Jump.

Treylina
Oct 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
Well done!I'd recommend W for Jump.

I use F for jump in mouse mode, though I might try W for jump if it feels less strange for me. My statement about spacebar was actually referring to Faw.

FawFul
Oct 20, 2013, 11:50 AM
Actually treys method works like a charm! i completely forgot you can assign 2 keys for each action

Violet CLM
Oct 20, 2013, 11:57 AM
<a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-debug.zip">plus-debug.zip</a>

This is a debug build for those who are crashing when they try to load levels. If you're <em>not</em> having this problem, you have no good reason to download this, because it's slower, it's twice as big, and it doesn't work with some support programs. The only thing it's good for is providing more helpful addresses in Access Violations (and occasionally even more detailed errors, but that's rare). If you're getting the instacrash issue, please post screenshots of AVs you get using <em>this</em> build, not the main one, and hopefully I'll be able to track down the issue. Thank you!

Jerrythabest
Oct 20, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'll replace the Plus code addresses in the AV's with module addresses (or minimally add Plus's module address) as soon as I get the time to work on Plus again. Will save us this hassle for the next release.

KRSplatinum
Oct 20, 2013, 01:22 PM
In new plus, there is a bug with warping after taking a carrot, at the moment the glow disappears, player's position gets bumped ~2 tiles, stopping their movement, and sometimes going into walls. That's been happening for everyone in servers running the latest release of plus, even if clients use old plus.

Stijn
Oct 20, 2013, 02:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0RSMoph.png

Obi1mcd
Oct 20, 2013, 10:24 PM
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1250/odvn.png

Violet CLM
Oct 20, 2013, 11:06 PM
Tracking down the crashing thing is proving more difficult than I expected... snooze, I think you're the only person reporting it happening in TSF? Can you confirm that it happens in TSF specifically when trying to load a level, just like in 1.23?

EDIT: I just came up to something very frustrating what happens very often. While spectating someone, if he has a PU, the ammo he picks up shows as non PUed sometimes. Hope it's fixed. I spectated someone in a server where I am not sure a new plus is installed and it worked fine.
I'm having trouble reproducing this. Can you break it down a little more?
Edit: Also for Show Max Health, make the hearts darker.
They could be pitch-black like in 8-bit. Would that be better?
In new plus, there is a bug with warping after taking a carrot, at the moment the glow disappears, player's position gets bumped ~2 tiles, stopping their movement, and sometimes going into walls. That's been happening for everyone in servers running the latest release of plus, even if clients use old plus.
Does this occur with +1 carrots, or only with full energy carrots?

Slaz
Oct 21, 2013, 01:21 AM
Under normal circumstances it never crashed for me in both 1.23 and TSF. Only some crashes while playing on a server using older Plus, but that's to be expected I guess.

Also, was it intended that Psych2.j2l now has the Tunnel textured bg, or is this a side effect/easter egg? 8D

cooba
Oct 21, 2013, 01:30 AM
Also, was it intended that Psych2.j2l now has the Tunnel textured bg, or is this a side effect/easter egg? 8DSide effect. Apparently, Psych2 has always used option #2 for the background, and since there were no other options than Warp Horizon for 15 years, nobody noticed.

Not even Epic did, since Psych3 and Share2 use it too! :H

snzspeed
Oct 21, 2013, 01:44 AM
Tracking down the crashing thing is proving more difficult than I expected... snooze, I think you're the only person reporting it happening in TSF? Can you confirm that it happens in TSF specifically when trying to load a level, just like in 1.23?

Yes, my TSF crashes with an AV when loading any level.

cooba
Oct 21, 2013, 01:51 AM
an AVThat's not very useful.

djazz
Oct 21, 2013, 02:54 AM
Might aswell share my AVs I get when changing level/going to main menu sometimes on Linux.

Regular JJ2+:
http://i.imgur.com/Flv5Wmw.png

Backtrace:
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x004a0a62).
Register dump:
CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
EIP:004a0a62 ESP:0333e948 EBP:0333e9e8 EFLAGS:00210246( R- -- I Z- -P- )
EAX:00000000 EBX:0002b110 ECX:0333e94c EDX:00000000
ESI:004a0a30 EDI:00000000
Stack dump:
0x0333e948: 00000000 00000000 7e68f000 004a0a30
0x0333e958: 00000000 7e671a11 7b847299 7e68f000
0x0333e968: 7e661921 7e671a3c 00000001 00000000
0x0333e978: 00000000 00000000 00000000 7d9c0000
0x0333e988: 00000002 00000000 7ffbc1ec 7e650000
0x0333e998: 00000000 0001ea7c 7e704ce0 00075cf8
000c: sel=0067 base=00000000 limit=00000000 32-bit --x
Backtrace:
=>0 0x004a0a62 in jazz2+ (+0xa0a62) (0x0333e9e8)
1 0x7bc7f980 call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0333ea08)
2 0x7bc829bf call_thread_func+0x9e() in ntdll (0x0333ead8)
3 0x7bc7f95e RtlRaiseException+0x21() in ntdll (0x0333eb08)
4 0x7bc88c75 in ntdll (+0x78c74) (0x0333f358)
5 0xf759cf10 start_thread+0xcf() in libpthread.so.0 (0x0333f428)
6 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
7 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
8 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
9 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
10 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
11 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
12 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
13 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
14 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
15 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
16 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
17 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
18 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
19 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
20 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
21 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
22 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
23 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
24 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
25 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
26 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
27 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
28 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
29 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
30 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
31 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
32 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
33 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
34 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
35 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
36 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
37 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
38 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
39 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
40 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
41 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
42 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
43 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
44 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
45 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
46 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
47 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
48 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
49 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
50 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
51 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
52 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
53 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
54 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
55 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
56 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
57 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
58 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
59 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
60 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
61 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
62 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
63 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
64 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
65 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
66 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
67 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
68 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
69 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
70 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
71 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
72 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
73 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
74 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
75 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
76 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
77 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
78 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
79 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
80 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
81 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
82 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
83 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
84 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
85 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
86 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
87 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
88 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
89 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
90 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
91 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
92 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
93 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
94 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
95 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
96 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
97 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
98 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
99 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
100 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
101 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
102 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
103 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
104 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
105 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
106 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
107 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
108 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
109 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
110 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
111 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
112 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
113 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
114 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
115 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
116 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
117 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
118 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
119 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
120 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
121 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
122 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
123 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
124 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
125 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
126 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
127 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
128 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
129 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
130 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
131 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
132 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
133 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
134 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
135 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
136 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
137 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
138 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
139 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
140 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
141 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
142 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
143 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
144 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
145 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
146 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
147 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
148 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
149 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
150 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
151 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
152 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
153 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
154 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
155 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
156 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
157 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
158 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
159 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
160 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
161 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
162 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
163 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
164 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
165 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
166 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
167 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
168 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
169 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
170 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
171 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
172 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
173 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
174 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
175 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
176 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
177 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
178 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
179 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
180 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
181 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
182 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
183 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
184 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
185 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
186 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
187 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
188 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
189 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
190 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
191 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
192 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
193 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
194 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
195 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
196 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
197 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
198 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
199 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
200 0xf74d4f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
0x004a0a62: movl 0x0(%eax),%ecx
Modules:
Module Address Debug info Name (101 modules)
PE 400000- 647000 Export jazz2+
PE 10000000-1020a000 Deferred plus
PE 11000000-1104d000 Deferred bass
ELF 7b800000-7ba5d000 Deferred kernel32<elf>
\-PE 7b810000-7ba5d000 \ kernel32
ELF 7bc00000-7bce3000 Dwarf ntdll<elf>
\-PE 7bc10000-7bce3000 \ ntdll
ELF 7bf00000-7bf04000 Deferred <wine-loader>
ELF 7cfb0000-7cff3000 Deferred usp10<elf>
\-PE 7cfc0000-7cff3000 \ usp10
ELF 7d50a000-7d522000 Deferred libresolv.so.2
ELF 7d522000-7d53c000 Deferred libnsl.so.1
ELF 7d53c000-7d569000 Deferred libvorbis.so.0
ELF 7d569000-7d6e0000 Deferred libvorbisenc.so.2
ELF 7d6e0000-7d715000 Deferred libflac.so.8
ELF 7d715000-7d789000 Deferred libsndfile.so.1
ELF 7d789000-7d7d5000 Deferred libdbus-1.so.3
ELF 7d7d5000-7d847000 Deferred libpulsecommon-4.0.so
ELF 7d847000-7d897000 Deferred libpulse.so.0
ELF 7d897000-7d990000 Deferred libasound.so.2
ELF 7d9a0000-7d9ba000 Deferred libgcc_s.so.1
ELF 7d9ba000-7d9ea000 Deferred winealsa<elf>
\-PE 7d9c0000-7d9ea000 \ winealsa
ELF 7d9ea000-7db24000 Deferred oleaut32<elf>
\-PE 7da00000-7db24000 \ oleaut32
ELF 7db24000-7db6f000 Deferred dsound<elf>
\-PE 7db30000-7db6f000 \ dsound
ELF 7dbd5000-7dbdd000 Deferred libogg.so.0
ELF 7dbdd000-7dc00000 Deferred mmdevapi<elf>
\-PE 7dbe0000-7dc00000 \ mmdevapi
ELF 7dd00000-7dd07000 Deferred libasyncns.so.0
ELF 7dd07000-7dd12000 Deferred libjson-c.so.2
ELF 7dd12000-7ddbc000 Deferred msvcrt<elf>
\-PE 7dd30000-7ddbc000 \ msvcrt
ELF 7ddde000-7decb000 Deferred comdlg32<elf>
\-PE 7dde0000-7decb000 \ comdlg32
ELF 7df26000-7df2d000 Deferred libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ELF 7df2d000-7df36000 Deferred librt.so.1
ELF 7df5a000-7df9a000 Deferred winspool<elf>
\-PE 7df60000-7df9a000 \ winspool
ELF 7df9f000-7dfa6000 Deferred libnss_dns.so.2
ELF 7dfd0000-7dfe6000 Deferred winejoystick<elf>
\-PE 7dfe0000-7dfe6000 \ winejoystick
ELF 7dfe6000-7e01d000 Deferred uxtheme<elf>
\-PE 7dff0000-7e01d000 \ uxtheme
ELF 7e01d000-7e023000 Deferred libxfixes.so.3
ELF 7e023000-7e02e000 Deferred libxcursor.so.1
ELF 7e02e000-7e03f000 Deferred libxi.so.6
ELF 7e03f000-7e04a000 Deferred libxrandr.so.2
ELF 7e04a000-7e055000 Deferred libxrender.so.1
ELF 7e055000-7e077000 Deferred libxcb.so.1
ELF 7e077000-7e1ae000 Deferred libx11.so.6
ELF 7e1ae000-7e1c1000 Deferred libxext.so.6
ELF 7e1c6000-7e1eb000 Deferred imm32<elf>
\-PE 7e1d0000-7e1eb000 \ imm32
ELF 7e1eb000-7e280000 Deferred winex11<elf>
\-PE 7e200000-7e280000 \ winex11
ELF 7e29b000-7e2c4000 Deferred libexpat.so.1
ELF 7e2c4000-7e2ff000 Deferred libfontconfig.so.1
ELF 7e2ff000-7e316000 Deferred libz.so.1
ELF 7e316000-7e3b5000 Deferred libfreetype.so.6
ELF 7e3b5000-7e3bc000 Deferred libxdmcp.so.6
ELF 7e3df000-7e405000 Deferred iphlpapi<elf>
\-PE 7e3f0000-7e405000 \ iphlpapi
ELF 7e405000-7e43c000 Deferred ws2_32<elf>
\-PE 7e410000-7e43c000 \ ws2_32
ELF 7e43c000-7e458000 Deferred wsock32<elf>
\-PE 7e440000-7e458000 \ wsock32
ELF 7e458000-7e483000 Deferred msacm32<elf>
\-PE 7e460000-7e483000 \ msacm32
ELF 7e483000-7e509000 Deferred rpcrt4<elf>
\-PE 7e490000-7e509000 \ rpcrt4
ELF 7e509000-7e64c000 Deferred ole32<elf>
\-PE 7e520000-7e64c000 \ ole32
ELF 7e64c000-7e707000 Deferred winmm<elf>
\-PE 7e650000-7e707000 \ winmm
ELF 7e707000-7e781000 Deferred shlwapi<elf>
\-PE 7e710000-7e781000 \ shlwapi
ELF 7e781000-7e9b8000 Deferred shell32<elf>
\-PE 7e790000-7e9b8000 \ shell32
ELF 7e9b8000-7eadc000 Deferred gdi32<elf>
\-PE 7e9d0000-7eadc000 \ gdi32
ELF 7eadc000-7ec3d000 Deferred user32<elf>
\-PE 7eaf0000-7ec3d000 \ user32
ELF 7ec3d000-7ed4a000 Deferred comctl32<elf>
\-PE 7ec50000-7ed4a000 \ comctl32
ELF 7ed4a000-7edbe000 Deferred advapi32<elf>
\-PE 7ed60000-7edbe000 \ advapi32
ELF 7ef83000-7ef90000 Deferred libnss_files.so.2
ELF 7ef90000-7efd6000 Deferred libm.so.6
ELF 7efd6000-7efe6000 Deferred libbz2.so.1.0
ELF 7efe6000-7f000000 Deferred version<elf>
\-PE 7eff0000-7f000000 \ version
ELF f73b0000-f73b6000 Deferred libxxf86vm.so.1
ELF f73b8000-f73bd000 Deferred libdl.so.2
ELF f73e1000-f73e5000 Deferred libxau.so.6
ELF f73e7000-f7596000 Dwarf libc.so.6
ELF f7596000-f75b2000 Dwarf libpthread.so.0
ELF f75b2000-f7769000 Dwarf libwine.so.1
ELF f776a000-f778c000 Deferred ld-linux.so.2
ELF f778c000-f778d000 Deferred [vdso].so
Threads:
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
00000008 (D) Z:\host\Games\Jazz2tsf\Jazz2+.exe
0000002e 15 <==
0000002b 0
00000029 15
00000028 2
00000027 15
00000026 15
00000025 0
00000024 15
00000009 0
0000000e services.exe
0000001e 0
0000001d 0
00000014 0
00000010 0
0000000f 0
00000012 winedevice.exe
0000001a 0
00000019 0
00000017 0
00000013 0
0000001b plugplay.exe
00000020 0
0000001f 0
0000001c 0
00000021 explorer.exe
00000023 0
00000022 0
System information:
Wine build: wine-1.7.3
Platform: i386 (WOW64)
Host system: Linux
Host version: 3.11.4-1-MANJARO

JJ2+ DEBUG version:
http://i.imgur.com/LSCFGiv.png

Backtrace:
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x004a0a62).
Register dump:
CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
EIP:004a0a62 ESP:0353e948 EBP:0353e9e8 EFLAGS:00210246( R- -- I Z- -P- )
EAX:00000000 EBX:0002b110 ECX:0353e94c EDX:00000000
ESI:004a0a30 EDI:00000000
Stack dump:
0x0353e948: 00000000 00000000 7e68f000 004a0a30
0x0353e958: 00000000 7e671a11 7b847299 7e68f000
0x0353e968: 7e661921 7e671a3c 00000001 00000000
0x0353e978: 00000000 00000000 00000000 7d9c0000
0x0353e988: 00000002 00000000 7ffb41ec 7e650000
0x0353e998: 00000000 0001ea7c 7e704ce0 00075cf8
000c: sel=0067 base=00000000 limit=00000000 32-bit --x
Backtrace:
=>0 0x004a0a62 in jazz2+ (+0xa0a62) (0x0353e9e8)
1 0x7bc7f980 call_thread_func_wrapper+0xb() in ntdll (0x0353ea08)
2 0x7bc829bf call_thread_func+0x9e() in ntdll (0x0353ead8)
3 0x7bc7f95e RtlRaiseException+0x21() in ntdll (0x0353eb08)
4 0x7bc88c75 in ntdll (+0x78c74) (0x0353f358)
5 0xf753af10 start_thread+0xcf() in libpthread.so.0 (0x0353f428)
6 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
7 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
8 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
9 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
10 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
11 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
12 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
13 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
14 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
15 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
16 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
17 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
18 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
19 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
20 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
21 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
22 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
23 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
24 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
25 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
26 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
27 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
28 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
29 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
30 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
31 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
32 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
33 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
34 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
35 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
36 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
37 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
38 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
39 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
40 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
41 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
42 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
43 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
44 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
45 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
46 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
47 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
48 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
49 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
50 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
51 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
52 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
53 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
54 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
55 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
56 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
57 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
58 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
59 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
60 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
61 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
62 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
63 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
64 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
65 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
66 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
67 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
68 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
69 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
70 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
71 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
72 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
73 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
74 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
75 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
76 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
77 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
78 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
79 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
80 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
81 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
82 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
83 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
84 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
85 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
86 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
87 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
88 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
89 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
90 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
91 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
92 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
93 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
94 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
95 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
96 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
97 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
98 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
99 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
100 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
101 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
102 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
103 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
104 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
105 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
106 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
107 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
108 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
109 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
110 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
111 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
112 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
113 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
114 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
115 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
116 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
117 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
118 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
119 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
120 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
121 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
122 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
123 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
124 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
125 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
126 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
127 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
128 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
129 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
130 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
131 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
132 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
133 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
134 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
135 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
136 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
137 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
138 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
139 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
140 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
141 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
142 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
143 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
144 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
145 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
146 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
147 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
148 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
149 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
150 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
151 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
152 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
153 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
154 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
155 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
156 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
157 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
158 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
159 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
160 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
161 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
162 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
163 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
164 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
165 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
166 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
167 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
168 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
169 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
170 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
171 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
172 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
173 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
174 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
175 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
176 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
177 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
178 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
179 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
180 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
181 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
182 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
183 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
184 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
185 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
186 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
187 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
188 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
189 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
190 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
191 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
192 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
193 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
194 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
195 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
196 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
197 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
198 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
199 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
200 0xf7472f1e __clone+0x5d() in libc.so.6 (0x00000000)
0x004a0a62: movl 0x0(%eax),%ecx
Modules:
Module Address Debug info Name (101 modules)
PE 400000- 647000 Export jazz2+
PE 10000000-10411000 Deferred plus
PE 11000000-1104d000 Deferred bass
ELF 7b800000-7ba5d000 Deferred kernel32<elf>
\-PE 7b810000-7ba5d000 \ kernel32
ELF 7bc00000-7bce3000 Dwarf ntdll<elf>
\-PE 7bc10000-7bce3000 \ ntdll
ELF 7bf00000-7bf04000 Deferred <wine-loader>
ELF 7c66d000-7c6b0000 Deferred usp10<elf>
\-PE 7c670000-7c6b0000 \ usp10
ELF 7d50a000-7d522000 Deferred libresolv.so.2
ELF 7d522000-7d53c000 Deferred libnsl.so.1
ELF 7d53c000-7d569000 Deferred libvorbis.so.0
ELF 7d569000-7d6e0000 Deferred libvorbisenc.so.2
ELF 7d6e0000-7d715000 Deferred libflac.so.8
ELF 7d715000-7d789000 Deferred libsndfile.so.1
ELF 7d789000-7d7d5000 Deferred libdbus-1.so.3
ELF 7d7d5000-7d847000 Deferred libpulsecommon-4.0.so
ELF 7d847000-7d897000 Deferred libpulse.so.0
ELF 7d897000-7d990000 Deferred libasound.so.2
ELF 7d9a0000-7d9ba000 Deferred libgcc_s.so.1
ELF 7d9ba000-7d9ea000 Deferred winealsa<elf>
\-PE 7d9c0000-7d9ea000 \ winealsa
ELF 7d9ea000-7db24000 Deferred oleaut32<elf>
\-PE 7da00000-7db24000 \ oleaut32
ELF 7db24000-7db6f000 Deferred dsound<elf>
\-PE 7db30000-7db6f000 \ dsound
ELF 7dbce000-7dbd6000 Deferred libogg.so.0
ELF 7dbd6000-7dbdd000 Deferred libasyncns.so.0
ELF 7dbdd000-7dc00000 Deferred mmdevapi<elf>
\-PE 7dbe0000-7dc00000 \ mmdevapi
ELF 7dd01000-7dd0c000 Deferred libjson-c.so.2
ELF 7dd0c000-7ddb6000 Deferred msvcrt<elf>
\-PE 7dd20000-7ddb6000 \ msvcrt
ELF 7ddd8000-7dec5000 Deferred comdlg32<elf>
\-PE 7dde0000-7dec5000 \ comdlg32
ELF 7df20000-7df27000 Deferred libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
ELF 7df27000-7df30000 Deferred librt.so.1
ELF 7df54000-7df94000 Deferred winspool<elf>
\-PE 7df60000-7df94000 \ winspool
ELF 7df99000-7dfa0000 Deferred libnss_dns.so.2
ELF 7dfca000-7dfe0000 Deferred winejoystick<elf>
\-PE 7dfd0000-7dfe0000 \ winejoystick
ELF 7dfe0000-7e017000 Deferred uxtheme<elf>
\-PE 7dff0000-7e017000 \ uxtheme
ELF 7e017000-7e01d000 Deferred libxfixes.so.3
ELF 7e01d000-7e028000 Deferred libxcursor.so.1
ELF 7e028000-7e039000 Deferred libxi.so.6
ELF 7e039000-7e044000 Deferred libxrandr.so.2
ELF 7e044000-7e04f000 Deferred libxrender.so.1
ELF 7e04f000-7e055000 Deferred libxxf86vm.so.1
ELF 7e055000-7e077000 Deferred libxcb.so.1
ELF 7e077000-7e1ae000 Deferred libx11.so.6
ELF 7e1ae000-7e1c1000 Deferred libxext.so.6
ELF 7e1c6000-7e1eb000 Deferred imm32<elf>
\-PE 7e1d0000-7e1eb000 \ imm32
ELF 7e1eb000-7e280000 Deferred winex11<elf>
\-PE 7e200000-7e280000 \ winex11
ELF 7e29b000-7e2c4000 Deferred libexpat.so.1
ELF 7e2c4000-7e2ff000 Deferred libfontconfig.so.1
ELF 7e2ff000-7e316000 Deferred libz.so.1
ELF 7e316000-7e3b5000 Deferred libfreetype.so.6
ELF 7e3b5000-7e3bc000 Deferred libxdmcp.so.6
ELF 7e3df000-7e405000 Deferred iphlpapi<elf>
\-PE 7e3f0000-7e405000 \ iphlpapi
ELF 7e405000-7e43c000 Deferred ws2_32<elf>
\-PE 7e410000-7e43c000 \ ws2_32
ELF 7e43c000-7e458000 Deferred wsock32<elf>
\-PE 7e440000-7e458000 \ wsock32
ELF 7e458000-7e483000 Deferred msacm32<elf>
\-PE 7e460000-7e483000 \ msacm32
ELF 7e483000-7e509000 Deferred rpcrt4<elf>
\-PE 7e490000-7e509000 \ rpcrt4
ELF 7e509000-7e64c000 Deferred ole32<elf>
\-PE 7e520000-7e64c000 \ ole32
ELF 7e64c000-7e707000 Deferred winmm<elf>
\-PE 7e650000-7e707000 \ winmm
ELF 7e707000-7e781000 Deferred shlwapi<elf>
\-PE 7e710000-7e781000 \ shlwapi
ELF 7e781000-7e9b8000 Deferred shell32<elf>
\-PE 7e790000-7e9b8000 \ shell32
ELF 7e9b8000-7eadc000 Deferred gdi32<elf>
\-PE 7e9d0000-7eadc000 \ gdi32
ELF 7eadc000-7ec3d000 Deferred user32<elf>
\-PE 7eaf0000-7ec3d000 \ user32
ELF 7ec3d000-7ed4a000 Deferred comctl32<elf>
\-PE 7ec50000-7ed4a000 \ comctl32
ELF 7ed4a000-7edbe000 Deferred advapi32<elf>
\-PE 7ed60000-7edbe000 \ advapi32
ELF 7ef83000-7ef90000 Deferred libnss_files.so.2
ELF 7ef90000-7efd6000 Deferred libm.so.6
ELF 7efd6000-7efe6000 Deferred libbz2.so.1.0
ELF 7efe6000-7f000000 Deferred version<elf>
\-PE 7eff0000-7f000000 \ version
ELF f7356000-f735b000 Deferred libdl.so.2
ELF f735c000-f7360000 Deferred libxau.so.6
ELF f7385000-f7534000 Dwarf libc.so.6
ELF f7534000-f7550000 Dwarf libpthread.so.0
ELF f7550000-f7707000 Dwarf libwine.so.1
ELF f7708000-f772a000 Deferred ld-linux.so.2
ELF f772a000-f772b000 Deferred [vdso].so
Threads:
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
00000008 (D) Z:\host\Games\Jazz2tsf\Jazz2+.exe
00000040 15 <==
0000002b 0
00000029 15
00000028 2
00000027 15
00000026 15
00000025 0
00000024 15
00000009 0
0000000e services.exe
0000001e 0
0000001d 0
00000014 0
00000010 0
0000000f 0
00000012 winedevice.exe
0000001c 0
00000019 0
00000017 0
00000013 0
0000001a plugplay.exe
00000020 0
0000001f 0
0000001b 0
00000021 explorer.exe
00000023 0
00000022 0
System information:
Wine build: wine-1.7.3
Platform: i386 (WOW64)
Host system: Linux
Host version: 3.11.4-1-MANJARO

Not much difference between regular and debug..
I don't know what more I can do to help with this bug :P

snzspeed
Oct 21, 2013, 04:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OQIkUTR.jpg

Stijn
Oct 21, 2013, 06:33 AM
FWIW, I don't have this problem when running JJ2 on Windows 7. So it may be worth looking into whether this is a Windows 8-specific thing. On the other hand it's also a different PC, so I can't say for sure whether the OS is the deciding factor here.

Obi1mcd
Oct 21, 2013, 07:34 AM
I'm running Windows 7, and juan was running XP, so I think it's unlikely that it's an 8-specific issue.

Slaz
Oct 21, 2013, 07:34 AM
whether the OS is the deciding factor here.

Probably not. I'm currently using Windows 8.1 too and haven't ran into problems. On a side note, the broken DirectDraw Hardware Acceleration from Windows 8 is still there in 8.1, so you still have to turn DDraw hardware accel off in your DirectX settings if you want to play fullscreen without trouble. :r

And I found a different little glitch btw. When you join a server with a timelimit set, then disconnect, and start a local singleplayer game, the timelimit from the previous match will still be visible and counting to zero without doing anything gameplay-wise. It doesn't crash when it hits zero or something, just a visual thing. Easy to fix I guess.

snzspeed
Oct 21, 2013, 08:12 AM
I'm running Windows 7, and juan was running XP, so I think it's unlikely that it's an 8-specific issue.

And I was running Windows Vista!

Violet CLM
Oct 21, 2013, 09:56 AM
Hrm. Okay, a few more possibilities:
Do you crash when loading a level with no animated tiles?
Do you crash when loading a level with no tiles whatsoever?
Do you crash when loading a level with no music file?
Do you crash when loading a level if you replace bass.dll with the one from <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/old/plus-2013-02-05.zip">the last release</a>?
Also, what does <code>jazz2.log</code> have to say?

Jerrythabest
Oct 21, 2013, 09:57 AM
Well, that sort of proves it is not an OS thing.

KRSplatinum
Oct 21, 2013, 10:27 AM
Does this occur with +1 carrots, or only with full energy carrots?

Yes, both full and +1.

Obi1mcd
Oct 21, 2013, 10:57 AM
Making a blank level in JCS still crashes, but with a different AV:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/643/ifq9.png

Replacing bass.dll doesn't seem to make any difference.

jazz2.log says:

LOG: GRADE (Build 98-194W), Executable: C:\Games\Jazz2\Jazz2.exe
LOG: INTERNAL BUILD version 1.23+ Beta (Build 2013-10-19)

WIN: Running Microsoft Windows NT Service Pack 1 version 6.1, Build 7601
CPU: Intel Pentium II processor found
CPU: Processor Vendor ID 'GenuineIntel', Family 6, Model 10, Stepping 7
CPU: Processor Features BFEBFBFF (FPU, MMX)
VID: Checking for available video modes
VID: DirectDraw v6.1.7600.16385 found
VID: Video memory 69634Kb (1Kb Free), AGP memory 1671168Kb (1671168Kb Free)
VID: Direct3D found
NET: WinSock v2.2 "WinSock 2.0", Status: Running, Host: Fulliautomatix
SND: BASS Audio Library v2.4
SND: Galaxy Music System v5.0a
SND: Detected DirectSound driver
---- Starting execution: invoke MainProg()

VID: Closing display (DirectDraw)
8 macro files found in current directory
VID: Closing display (DIBSection)
WIN: INTERNAL BUILD has caused an access violation at address 58B66953h by attempting to "read" from address 00000000h

Superjazz
Oct 21, 2013, 12:23 PM
By the way, seekers don't always go through one ways properly in the new plus.

EDIT: Seems to be a problem with thin masks, something like less than 16 pixels cause problems from what I saw.
EDIT2: Also:

[23:36:42] *** -t3 Cap`n Guck was kicked for SPAMMING
[23:37:27] -t3 Cap`n Guck: say 3 times hi in 10 minutes
[23:37:36] -t3 Cap`n Guck: and u got kicked for spamming

Loon
Oct 21, 2013, 12:52 PM
I would also like to point out that powered up bouncer ammo when shot up won't go that high as they used to do in the previous versions.

EDIT: When you enter a warp via a ceilinged spring, the 'warp frames' are way shorter than entering a warp in a normal way.

Superjazz
Oct 21, 2013, 01:01 PM
I would also like to point out that powered up bouncer ammo when shot up won't go that high as they used to do in the previous versions.

EDIT: When you enter a warp via a ceilinged spring, the 'warp frames' are way shorter than entering a warp in a normal way.

Their range is about 1 tile shorter yeah, not so drastical difference in most maps, but in some such as gw it can matter.

Any estimation about how soon a possible hotfix could be done?

Violet CLM
Oct 21, 2013, 01:09 PM
Vivando: Since we don't know what's making the game completely unplayable, no, no estimation.

Loon
Oct 21, 2013, 01:23 PM
Well, there are maps specially made for the long range of the bouncer powerup.

MrAlextov
Oct 22, 2013, 05:32 AM
I Experience crashes every time on Single player level, but after joining on a server Single Player has been started to working.

cooba
Oct 22, 2013, 12:24 PM
I Experience crashes every time on Single player level, but after joining on a server Single Player has been started to working.Does this mean you only crash in local games?

zapS
Oct 22, 2013, 01:46 PM
I Experience crashes every time on Single player level
Same here. But after you said joining a server fixed it, I tried to just start a multiplayer level splitscreen, which also 'fixed' the problem.
One other thing I observed was that the game starts out minimized, but after the 'fix' (i.e. starting a multiplayer level) it starts windowed.
And crash in my case was access violation.

Toni_
Oct 22, 2013, 02:12 PM
Everytime I press on X to close the JJ2 window, I get an AV and 'Close the program' dialog box.

Violet: When you spectate a player, and player has bouncer power up, and there is bouncer ammo in the level, you see it as non powered up. Sometimes it shows like it's powered up, sometimes it doesn't. In new release I spectated twice and both times player with PU picked ammo that looked like PoweredUp. Is that fixed, so the player doesn't pick non powered up ammo if he has PU, or it's just a random thing?

Should I try to demonstrate you, because I really don't know how to make it more clear (my English is the problem).

Violet CLM
Oct 23, 2013, 12:14 AM
JaRU: So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that this has happened to you in the past, and you're asking if it's fixed now? If that's right, then yes, it has indeed been fixed. Hooray!
I'm seeing some very incomplete or unclear reports and it's making it harder to figure out what's going on. If you're having the crashing issue, please specify:
Do you crash when starting a level in local SP?
Do you crash when starting a level in local MP?
Do you crash when starting a level in non-local (LAN/Online) MP?
Does it make a difference whether you're hosting or joining, in that third case?
Does it make a difference whether you're playing splitscreen or not?
Does it make a difference whether you start the level from the main menu or from a command line/drag and drop/external launcher program/GIP script/etc.?
If under one or more of the above circumstances, you do <em>not</em> crash, how does that affect the circumstances under which you otherwise <em>do</em> crash?
If you're willing to check, what are your registry settings? Should be <code>HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Epic MegaGames->Jazz Jackrabbit 2</code>. List as much info as you can find from the version/s that are you giving you trouble.
Does deleting or renaming <code>jazz2.cfg</code> have any effect?
(People are generally including this, but to be safe...) Are your reported results for 1.23, TSF, or both?
On a happy note, I was browsing through some code and discovered that most of the <code>jjCANVAS::drawString</code> string modes have variable alignments! Besides STRING::RIGHTALIGN, whose purpose just got a lot less clear, they're all left-aligned by default. But if you add 0x10000 (65536), they'll be right-aligned! So 0x10000 + 50 will put the right end of the string 50 pixels from the right end of the screen. Even better, if they're in the range of 0x4000 to 0xFFFF, they'll be center-aligned relative to 0x8000! Very cool. Expect to see that info get added to plus-angelscript.html, uh, sometime, but for now it's your special bonus for viewing this thread :lori:

Obi1mcd
Oct 23, 2013, 03:40 AM
Well, I started running through the list there, and after running a multiplayer level the problem seems to have fixed itself. Even after closing and opening JJ2, I can't get it to give me an AV anymore and it runs as expected. Probably not helpful for figuring out what the issue is, but seeing as I'm unable to get it back to being broken I'm not sure what to do there.

Seren
Oct 23, 2013, 06:10 AM
Good job Obi! That's a pretty definite answer to the problem. The cause of the crash is somewhere in the register. I cleaned mine and tried to play JJ2+ in SP - I get an Access Violation if I do. Playing in MP works fine and makes SP work as well. I gathered some data on the technical side of this but I'll provide it in JJ2+ private forums as there's no reason to litter this thread.

Violet CLM
Oct 23, 2013, 11:33 AM
...oh, you know, I wonder...

EDIT: SE's data-gathering, on inspection, matches my hunch. The crashing would seem to result from not having a set <em>name</em> in the registry for multiplayer, and when JJ2+ tries to query it in SP for <code>jjPLAYER::name</code>, all hell breaks loose. If you want to be able to run JJ2 again, just go into the main menu, start a multiplayer game, and configure your player 1. Obviously this won't be a problem in the next release, but in the meantime that's how you can solve it for yourself.

Jerrythabest
Oct 23, 2013, 11:54 AM
That makes me wonder. Since just starting a multiplayer game once fixes the crashes... Apparently all those people freshly installed JJ2 just to try out the new version! And the first thing they did was to check out the awesome offline example levels.

cooba
Oct 23, 2013, 12:22 PM
And the first thing they did was to check out the awesome offline example levels.#brandrecognition

snzspeed
Oct 23, 2013, 12:49 PM
haha, my TSF didnt have a player 1 set. Well, I wrote something like asitjafjdlfsjfk and tested running the SP episode and it worked.

yay :D

Ninja
Oct 23, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mouse aim? You guys might be seeing me around here soon to try this out. I might start streaming JJ2 and trying to bring some viewers to the game here soon.

Ninja
Oct 23, 2013, 08:00 PM
What is ridiculous is I swear I was thinking about JJ2 if you could aim with the mouse at work recently. You guys are awesome.

Obi1mcd
Oct 23, 2013, 11:27 PM
Ah, cool, that's what the problem was. I've only really used TSF for multiplayer, so that fits pretty well. And yeah, the name was blank when I went to multiplayer.

Seren
Oct 24, 2013, 12:49 AM
I suspected jjPLAYER::name from the very beginning and I even tested it once the errors became common.
But nobody mentioned it only happens in SP and only if MP isn't played beforehand, and my JJ2 is configured to open a local server on startup. No wonder I couldn't have reproduced the crash at first.

Slaz
Oct 24, 2013, 06:59 AM
Whenever I have to reinstall JJ2, I always open & directly close the game to create the registry values, then manually enter my player and server name settings in regedit.

This habit probably originated from the pre-plus time when you couldn't enter special characters in JJ2 names directly. :p

Treylina
Oct 24, 2013, 07:36 AM
Talking of unecessary habits, I still have the habit of using capslock for always running, even though there's /alwaysrun on. Capslock is probably just more convenient since it's the quickest method.

MrAlextov
Oct 24, 2013, 08:29 AM
I Started thinking after watching the Ozymandious level the Single Player game is actually running local multiplayer server like in Minecraft 1.3 or later.

Stijn
Oct 24, 2013, 08:46 AM
That's not true though.

szmol96
Oct 24, 2013, 11:58 AM
I found a possible bug. When I joined Camel Duels 1 this happened:

[[Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 21:50:14]]
**Current level: "Employee of the Month" - EvilCTF22.j2l
**Game Mode: CTF
**Custom Mode: OFF
[21:50:15] Console: Current Custom Mode: OFF
[21:50:15] Console: Welcome to Camel Duels 1!
[21:50:16] Naruto-CDF-: well fuck off you beated me in distopia 5_1
[21:50:16] DS]$Zm0l96[NHC: hi
[21:50:16] *** DS]$Zm0l96[NHC was kicked for SPAMMING
***** End of Log [[Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 21:50:16]] *****

Have a nice evening!

Jerrythabest
Oct 24, 2013, 12:16 PM
That's indeed a known bug. The spam counter isn't reset when someone leaves the server, so you might end up getting kicked for someone else's spamming.

PT32
Oct 24, 2013, 12:19 PM
Wow. I go away for almost a year, and look what crazy awesomeness happens...

Seriously. I haven't read through all of the posts on this thread yet, but what I have read through is simply incredible. I can't wait to find out for myself just how much is possible now.

I've been toying around for a while with making new levels again, but I couldn't find the motivation (or creative enthusiasm) to do it before. This might actually be enough to pull me out of semi-retirement and get me going again, particularly if the Singleplayer upgrades are as impressive as the rest.

Violet CLM
Oct 24, 2013, 12:26 PM
particularly if the Singleplayer upgrades are as impressive as the rest.
:cool:

szmol96
Oct 24, 2013, 12:34 PM
That's indeed a known bug.
Ah, ok.

minmay
Oct 24, 2013, 10:26 PM
I rescind my earlier comment about the crashes going away. I was doing a bunch of stuff in 8-bit color when I first tried the new version, and didn't think to switch until now. Turns out my crashes only occur in 16-bit color, and with the same frequency across versions. So to anyone else getting (or trying to get!) the level cycle crashes, try changing color depth. So far I've done around 1000 cycles in 8-bit color with animation-heavy levels without a single crash. I'll run a longer test tomorrow but I have to turn off my computer now.

This also gives me a hunch as to the vague nature of what's causing the problem, but any JJ2+ dev reading this already knows what that hunch is ;).

Violet CLM
Oct 24, 2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah, try a level that includes jjPAL calls (plusPalettes, plusEnscripted, plusHeaven...) in 16-bit and see if that gives you the same issue. Also, how about TSF in that regard?

KRSplatinum
Oct 25, 2013, 12:32 AM
Some ideas to compliment the mouse aim controls are:

- weapon select with the scroll wheel
- jump with right click
- customizable mouse buttons
- Windows cursor disappears during mouse aim

Slaz
Oct 25, 2013, 06:11 AM
I catched Cooba hosting on 4.3 a few hours ago, so perhaps we can expect a minor release soon. :lol:

minmay
Oct 25, 2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah, try a level that includes jjPAL calls (plusPalettes, plusEnscripted, plusHeaven...) in 16-bit and see if that gives you the same issue. Also, how about TSF in that regard?Yes, forgot to mention, palette changes also cause it. I suspect the act of switching to 16-bit color could also cause it but I haven't had it happen in ~100 trials and it's awfully annoying to test further. It occurs in TSF but much less frequently.

Jerrythabest
Oct 25, 2013, 08:49 AM
I catched Cooba hosting on 4.3 a few hours ago, so perhaps we can expect a minor release soon. :lol:

You do realise the present release has been tested since like the end of August or so? :p

Slaz
Oct 25, 2013, 09:51 AM
You do realise the present release has been tested since like the end of August or so? :p
Oh haha I didn't know that. Thanks for breaking my bubble. :p

PT32
Oct 25, 2013, 10:13 AM
Okay, so maybe this is a little out there (or maybe not), but here's a thought: could we somehow take Coins and let you actually buy stuff with them? Like, create a "store," wherein you could buy ammo, powerups, 1ups, shields, gems, food, etc? That could be pretty interesting.

Violet CLM
Oct 25, 2013, 10:18 AM
Yep. <a href="http://imageshack.us/a/img689/1666/khvd.png">I've done it.</a>

PT32
Oct 25, 2013, 10:28 AM
Yep. <a href="http://imageshack.us/a/img689/1666/khvd.png">I've done it.</a>

Nice.

Also, I'm encountering the same Singleplayer AV crash that previous people have, the one that is related to setting your Multiplayer Player 1. However, I tried the solutions recommended, and I'm still crashing. Any ideas?

My engine is a 1.23, with the latest Plus mod.

Violet CLM
Oct 25, 2013, 10:32 AM
Either it's not the same crash, or you're not following the instructions right. What exactly did you try, and what exactly happens?

GLaDOS
Oct 25, 2013, 11:56 AM
That's some pretty amazing stuff you guys have added with this update!

I may have made this feature request before, but it would be nice if there was a way to disable console output of commands executed with jjChat(), such as an AngelScript-controlled flag or a command prefix (/silent <command> <parameters>) that takes a command with parameters, suppresses server console messages, executes the command, and then re-enables messages.
This would allow for some basic data transfer from server to client, until custom packets would be implemented (if those are still planned). With the methods of reliable data transfer currently possible, players would either see several trigger enabled/disabled messages (transfer by trigger commands) or a long rename message (transfer of Base64 data by renaming the host player).

PT32
Oct 25, 2013, 11:57 AM
I started out playing the Singleplayer example level Hereafter first. It worked fine, until I AV'ed out by going through the Blue Key door (where you press Up to travel through) too many times too quickly.

Things worked fine after that until I played the FunPak level, where I AV'ed out again (can't remember what did it, but it was something close to the beginning of the level).

Now that I think about it, this may be a new crash, since some levels work, but not others. I tested all of the following on Singleplayer:

Hereafter, Cerulean Comet, Player Timer, Multiple Exits (and the secret level), Jailbreak, Tetris, Limit X Scroll, Quick Diamonds, I'm Going to Hell Anyway (although it did AV out when I did JJnext), and Butterfly all seem to work normally enough.

FunPak (it works briefly, but after running around a little bit either freezes up or just crashes), Flag Run (this one crashed on me after I died from taking a Red flag to a Blue base), Domination (it AV'ed out altogether), Angelscript (I got into the level, but then it AV'ed out), and Survivor (it AV'ed out altogether) all have problems.

I tried setting Player 1 characteristics for Multiplayer (name, colors, rabbit, controller) to normal, non-custom settings, and I both played my own hosted LAN game on the Battle1plus map (which worked) and joined one of the Jazz2Online servers (which also worked), but my singleplayer still doesn't fully function.

Treylina
Oct 25, 2013, 12:03 PM
It's best not to ask if something is possible with angelscript, but rather what isn't possible (I can think of a couple of things). There's more what's possible than what isn't. Though it tends to only be those who have programming experience, can understand how much you can take to it's limits.

Jerrythabest
Oct 25, 2013, 12:47 PM
I may have made this feature request before, but it would be nice if there was a way to disable console output of commands executed with jjChat()You (and maybe also someone else) have indeed requested this before. We have considered it, but decided against it because pretty much the only use case would be to change settings and that is something that you'd certainly want to inform the user about.

But no worries, a communications system for Angelscript is still planned.

cooba
Oct 25, 2013, 01:05 PM
PT32: As sad as I am to see you haven't finished Hereafter (do try again!), none of those are the same crash as others are experiencing.

"/s": Executing commands through jjChat is already a hack, and not a solution, adding another hack on top of that is not going to happen.

GLaDOS
Oct 25, 2013, 01:51 PM
"/s": Executing commands through jjChat is already a hack, and not a solution, adding another hack on top of that is not going to happen.

Ah, I had no idea it was a hack. The documentation doesn't really reflect that fact, but actually lists executing commands as one of jjChat's primary functions.

You (and maybe also someone else) have indeed requested this before. We have considered it, but decided against it because pretty much the only use case would be to change settings and that is something that you'd certainly want to inform the user about.

Actually, the reason I requested it is because I am working on a relatively complex new gamemode concept that is based on control points. The status of each point needs to be synchronized across server/clients somehow, but I can't find a reliable way to do that using AngelScript right now.

Glad to hear a communications system is planned though!

Obi1mcd
Oct 26, 2013, 01:23 AM
Oh man, just played Hereafter. The level itself was pretty awesome, and after beating it was even better.
Huge thanks to everyone that's been working on this. It's fantastic to see all the additions you're making to this game!

cooba
Oct 26, 2013, 02:06 AM
Glad you liked it!

Now try to beat it with "ChuckNorris" as your name.

minmay
Oct 26, 2013, 09:06 PM
After some cursory experience with mouse aiming, I'd like to request that we be able to shoot with the regular fire key. The current implementation just doesn't click with me; I can't hit the mouse button nearly as fast as my keyboard. I half expect to see people using external programs to map a key to their mouse button, which you have to admit is pretty cheesy (if you've been doing this already, sorry to rat you out, but fair's fair).

Violet CLM
Oct 26, 2013, 09:09 PM
Already taken care of. Mouse controls are going to be a lot more flexible soon. :)

GoldRabbit
Oct 27, 2013, 02:51 AM
I am late to the party, but I still have to thank you for all the amazing stuff you did with this game. It's pretty much a totally different experience now and this release really took that to a whole new level (also, Ozymandius, woah).

Question time (not requests, I realise the next big release isn't coming anytime soon)
Are there any new textured background types able to be implemented?
Same question regarding tile types, though I can't imagine new ones.
Will we ever have more than 8 layers?
Same question regarding tilesets with more than 256 colours.
Are there any more groundbreaking features planned/left to be added? I can't imagine any for this question, either. (Answer this one just with yes/no, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise)

Cheers.

vBrute
Oct 27, 2013, 02:35 AM
Hello,
I am running a dedivsted server of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 TSF+ and hav eproblem with the levellist, i hav always the 3 default battle maps, no matter what i write to the levellist. It looks like the game cannot find it

log:
[12:29:03] LOG[=] -PORT 10052.J2L
[12:29:03]
[12:29:03] >> Level not found. Loading battle1.j2l instead

[[Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 12:29:10]]
**Current level: "Battle Game" - Battle1.j2l
**Next level: battle2
**Game Mode: Single Player
[12:29:10] >> Error: Level 001 from List was not found

and after this new update, the jj2 servers needs more CPU, than the previous + version, is there any fix for it? the server is run in idle mode...

cooba
Oct 27, 2013, 02:43 AM
Are there any new textured background types able to be implemented?Able, sure. I imagine we'd want a proper "Rotate" type to happen sometime.

In the meantime, there's the question of the Tile Menu type having four unused parameters: the three uint8's and the "Parallaxing Stars" checkbox. We're open to community ideas on how they could be used to further enhance this background type. ;)
Same question regarding tile types, though I can't imagine new ones.Possibly. Myself, I'd like Crysilis-style reflections to matterialise someday.
Will we ever have more than 8 layers?Probably, but not anytime soon.
Same question regarding tilesets with more than 256 colours.Nope, sorry.
Are there any more groundbreaking features planned/left to be added?Yes.

vBrute: It seems you're not running JJ2 through the commandline properly, since it interprets 10052 as the level filename. Can you post the exact path and parameters?

Treylina
Oct 27, 2013, 06:54 AM
Hello,
I am running a dedivsted server of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 TSF+ and hav eproblem with the levellist, i hav always the 3 default battle maps, no matter what i write to the levellist. It looks like the game cannot find it

log:
[12:29:03] LOG[=] -PORT 10052.J2L
[12:29:03]
[12:29:03] >> Level not found. Loading battle1.j2l instead

[[Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 12:29:10]]
[12:29:10] >> Error: Level 001 from List was not found

and after this new update, the jj2 servers needs more CPU, than the previous + version, is there any fix for it? the server is run in idle mode...

Have you restarted JJ2 when you updated the level list?

Are the levels in your actual folder, not the cache?

It looks like the game is trying to detect if there's a level called 10052.J2L.

vBrute
Oct 27, 2013, 10:17 AM
Have you restarted JJ2 when you updated the level list?

Are the levels in your actual folder, not the cache?

It looks like the game is trying to detect if there's a level called 10052.J2L.

of course, i changed the levellist.ini when the server was off and restarted it several times..

I copied the two levels to game directory and to the UserLevels folder too.

I am running the game using bat file with parameters, it looks like it some parameters are the map, i tried several combinations of them, the number 10052 is the port of the game, The first log was created when running the game with these parameters:

Jazz2+.exe -windowed -Log[=] -spy -nosound -nodsound -nojoy -SERVER -MAXPLAYERS 8 -COUNTS 13 -port 10052 -LIST

when i add list and levellist

Jazz2+.exe -windowed -Log[=] -spy -nosound -nodsound -nojoy -SERVER -MAXPLAYERS 8 -COUNTS 13 -port 10052 -LIST -LEVELLIST [1] -LEVELLISTFILE=levellist.ini

the log is:

[20:04:23] -LOG[=] -PORT 10052 [1].J2L
[20:04:23]
[20:04:23] >> Level not found. Loading battle1.j2l instead

[[Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 20:04:24]]
[20:04:24] >> Error: Level 001 from List was not found

when i try to direct run a map using its name behind exe (info: http://www.jazz2online.com/wiki/List+of+Jazz+Jackrabbit+2+Command+Line+Arguments)

C:\GAMESERVERS\JJ2BATTLE10052\Jazz2+.exe battle1.j2l -windowed -Log[=] -spy -nosound -nodsound -nojoy -SERVER -MAXPLAYERS 8 -COUNTS 13 -port 10052 -LIST -LEVELLIST [1] -LEVELLISTFILE=levellist.ini

the log is:

[20:01:48] BATTLE1.J2L -LOG[=] -PORT 10052 [1]
[20:01:48]
[20:01:48] >> Level not found. Loading battle1.j2l instead

[[Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 20:01:49]]
[20:01:49] >> Error: Level 001 from List was not found

what am I doing wrong?

the server is normally running, with only the three basic battle maps @ 195.62.17.35 if u want to check
web: vBrute.co.nr

vBrute
Oct 27, 2013, 10:15 PM
i have answered, but my answer needs to be approved by a moderator, i think because of the ip that i have put there, hope it wont take long...

cooba
Oct 28, 2013, 01:46 AM
I think the problem was twofold:
1.) you didn't specify a gamemode
2.) -port needs an equal sign to work

The following works fine for me:

Jazz2+.exe -windowed -nospy -nosound -nodsound -nojoy -server -battle -levellist [1] -maxplayers 8 -counts 13 -port=10052 -list

vBrute
Oct 28, 2013, 03:03 AM
Thanx cooba, that one works for me too :), its all right now.

Can u advise me good battle maps for the server? what are te most popular or most played by the community

There is one little bug more, that i found, on my notebook, (lenovo E535, winXP, AMD processor and graphics), it happened to the previous + version too. Normall jazz jackrabbit is starting with no problems (2 and 2TSF), but when i start the plus exe, a FATAL APPLICATION ERROR occurs Could not set video mode 640x480x16 with ANY compatible mode and bla bla bla...
To run jazz2+.exe i need to run it using shortcut with parameter -windowed and then alt+enter to go fullscreen and it works with no problem, strange...

and btw really crazy new backgrounds :D

minmay
Oct 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
In the meantime, there's the question of the Tile Menu type having four unused parameters: the three uint8's and the "Parallaxing Stars" checkbox. We're open to community ideas on how they could be used to further enhance this background type. ;)How about using the uint8 values to determine 1. the speed of the three layers' rotation and 2. the magnitude of the three layers' zoom? If you let people choose both seperately for all three layers, that divides fairly well into 4 bits per value.
Or if you don't want to split up the uint8 values (since it's difficult to understand for some JCS users), use the same 8-bit value to determine both for each layer. Or use one 8-bit value for rotation, one for zoom magnitude, one for zoom speed or something, and apply them to all layers equally. As a level designer I'd prefer to have layers rotating at different speeds, though.

minmay
Oct 28, 2013, 08:45 PM
Feature request: a function to grant a player gems that updates their number of gems for non-local players, like collecting a gem does. I'm sure setting jjPLAYER.gems directly is useful in single player. But in multiplayer, the player has to collect a gem normally before the number in the player list is updated for everyone else, which is far from ideal.
Before anyone suggests the "solution" of spawning an actual gem directly on the player's position: gems are typically used in Treasure mode, where blinking players cannot collect pickups. So for that to work you also have to set blink to 0, and probably have it stay there for at least one frame. I suspect there are bad things that can happen with that.

Obi1mcd
Oct 28, 2013, 11:23 PM
juanpablo:
Are you sure only the debug version works? After I swapped back to the normal version the issue where it crashed in single player resurfaced, but going to a multiplayer game fixed it again. If it's still causing problems for you then you may have a different issue altogether.

Jerrythabest
Oct 29, 2013, 03:35 AM
Obi is correct, it should make no difference whether you run the debug build or the normal one. But you do need to 'fix single player' (i.e. start an online game before trying single player) for both of them separately (because they have distinct registry keys).

Jerrythabest
Oct 29, 2013, 11:24 AM
Are you sure you started an online multiplayer game in the non-debug version before trying single player? I really can't think of any other explanation than this.

Stijn
Oct 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
Please be civil, juanpablo123.

Violet CLM
Oct 29, 2013, 10:32 PM
juanpablo, what I think is important to understand is that initial reports very frequently end up being much more extreme statements than the actual causes, and it's important to ask followup questions and make sure the actual situation is the same as the one that the reporter is describing. For example, today I got a report that "angelscript seems to be running in 2 instances for clients." That would be pretty extreme! But it turned out the <em>actual</em> issue was that <code>jjAlert</code>, when called by the server, additionally sends the alert text to logged-in remote admins. What Jerry and others are doing is just trying to make sure we know exactly what you're saying the problem is, since nobody can replicate your problem themselves.

Violet CLM
Oct 30, 2013, 01:34 PM
New release! (v4.3)
As ever, download from either ModDB (http://www.moddb.com/mods/jazz-jackrabbit-2-plus/downloads/october-30th-2013-release) or J2O (http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus.zip)
The <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-examples.zip">example levels</a> have not changed in any way since the previous release, but in case you missed that one, here's the link to them.

The theme of this release is primarily fixing the previous release. <a href="http://www.jazz2online.com/jj2plus/plus-readme.html#lc103013">The full list of changes can be found over here</a>, but to sum up, we took in a bunch of the reports we'd gotten from things that had gone wrong and fixed almost all of them. Multiplayer should be much less broken now. But we still found time to sneak in some additions... for example, the mouse wheel can now be used to change your current weapon, clients can finally kill <em>themselves</em> when they get stuck in a wall by typing "!k" (assuming the server allows it), spam kicking is more configurable, and there's a nifty new way of configuring your controls.

There are still a handful of individuals who have crashing issues that are unique or mostly unique to them, and we've not been able to track down the root causes there. Because, you know, unique. We don't know when we'll manage to get that done, though we'll continue to investigate the issue/s and talk to the people involved, but it seemed more important to release this now and fix lots of things for lots of people than to wait an indeterminable period of time until we fix the whole game for two or three people.