JazzJackrabbit Community Forums  

Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums > Jazz Jackrabbit Forums > General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Old January 28th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #1
Violet CLM
JCF Eminence Grise
JCF Member

Send a message via MSN to Violet CLM
JJ2+ (last updated October 30, 2013)

JJ2+ (last updated October 30, 2013)

Downloads:

Main Download: ModDB | J2O
Example Levels: ModDB | J2O
Note that in order to use JJ2+, you will need a registered copy of Jazz Jackrabbit 2, version 1.23 or 1.24. If one of the splash screens shown when starting up the game says "LK Avalon," that is additionally not a compatible version of the game.

JJ2+ is a patch, with a lot of fixes for bugs and lots of new features, both clientside and serverside. For those of you who like to read readmes before downloading files (though the readmes are included in the .zip), click here. Scroll down to Latest Changes for a list of new features and bug fixes.

A sample of what JJ2+ brings to the table:
Code:
  - Fixed problem (hopefully) where some clients timeout in a server after 30
  seconds. This is mainly a server-side fix, but to ensure all UDP packets are
  received, clients must be running the latest version of JJ2+ as well. Special
  thanks to SuPrem and Cpp (Overlord) for helping me find the problem.
  - Fixed players from appearing to go outside the level (both client and server
  need to use JJ2+).
  - Fixed all major access violation issues.
  - Improved how downloading files works.
  - Improved how objects spawn.
  - Improved issues with fake health.
  - SHIFT+F2 minimizes JJ2 to tray (blame Gry). Note: cannot be used in fullscreen
  mode.
  - 32MB is now allocated for JJ2's main memory (previously 9MB for 1.23 and 11MB
  for TSF). This basically means larger music files and levels can be played
  locally without any Amnesia errors. Only available in the patched JJ2 exe made
  with the Plusifier.
  - Added music support for MP3/MP2/MP1/OGG/WAV/AIFF and better music support for
  MOD music.
  - Implemented BASS audio library which works on top of JJ2's Galaxy Music System.
    - BASS version: 2.4.9
    - Warning: Users not running the latest version of JJ2+ WILL CRASH if JJ2 attempts to load any music file that is not a supported module music track.
  - Added support through command line and j2i files for joining servers that are
  passworded or on a different version of JJ2. When using the command line, use
  "-connect" before the IP address.
    - Formats:
      - <ip_address>[:<port>] [-password=<password>] [-version=<server_version>]
      - <ip_address>[:<port>][/[<password>][/<server_version>]]
    - Values for <server_version>:
      - For 1.23, use: 1.23, 23, 1.21, or 21 (all map to "21  ")
      - For TSF, use: 1.24 or 24 (both map to "24  ")
    - Examples:
      - 127.0.0.1:10052 -password=abc -version=1.24
      - 127.0.0.1 -password="pw \w ""spaces"""
      - 127.0.0.1/abc/1.21
      - 127.0.0.1:10058//1.21
        Note that to use a double quotation mark in a password, the double quotation mark must be "escaped" by another double quotation mark. Backslashes do not need to be escaped.
  - TSF JJ2+ users can now join any 1.23 server, and 1.23 JJ2+ users can join all TSF JJ2+ servers.
  - 1.23 may now play levels that use TSF tilesets or were otherwise compiled in the TSF JCS, no matter the number of tiles. Enemies exclusive to TSF and HH98 will be displayed as their regular 1.23 counterparts. (XMas Lizard to Lizard, Cat to Doggy Dogg, etc.)
  - Overtime and Pregame modes.
  - Spectator mode.
  - Optionally replacing Pepper Spray with the OEM Fireball gun.
  - Server Game Info (F9) features.
    - Plus sign shown next to name for players running Plus (blue for 1.23, green for TSF).
    - A red circle appears behind the Plus sign if a player is running an old/incompatible version of JJ2+.
    - Exclamation point shown next to player names if they are using a different version of JJ2 than the server.
  - Other Game Info (F9) features (for both server and clients in Plus servers).
    - For JJ2+ clients in JJ2+ servers, gray plus sign shown next to name for players running Plus.
    - "C" shown to the right of name to indicate connecting client.
    - "D" shown to the right of name to indicate downloading client.
    - "A" indicates client has admin access.
    - "S" indicates player is spectating.
    - "M" indicates player is muted.
  - Point count shown for CTF mode.
  - Death count shown for Battle and CTF modes.
  - On left side when F9 is pressed twice:
    - Below the level name and player's position, Current Game or Custom Mode is   displayed.
    - Below the current Game/Custom mode, the start health (S), max health (M),   and the Plus Only status (P) is now displayed. Note that the start health   displayed is the minimum of the max health and the actual start health   value.
  - Holding down tab now displays player list on HUD as long as the key is
  pressed.
  - Can sort the player list on the Game Info (F9) screen differently by pressing
  CTRL+F9.
  Default is state 1. Press once for state 2, twice for state 3, and three times for state 1 again.
  When F9 is pressed twice, the number of the current state will be displayed to the left of the divider.
  When tab is held down, state 3 is always used.
    - State 1:
      - Sort players by player number only.
    - State 2:
      - Sort players who are not connecting before players who are connecting.
      - Then sort players who are not spectating before players who are   spectating.
      - Then sort players by team if CTF mode.
      - Then sort players who are not out/zombies/jailed before players who are   out/zombies/jailed.
      - Then sort players by player number.
    - State 3:
      - Sorts players as in state 2
      - In addition, sort players by number of points/lives/gems/deaths.
  - Various game mode improvements.
  - New custom modes:
    - For Battle Mode:
      - Pestilence (roasted rabbits get morphed into zombies, so live long and   roast for points).
      - Last Rabbit Standing (players have lives, last player with lives wins).
      - Extended Last Rabbit Standing (players have lives, but win by points).
        Points for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place get multiplied by 1.5, 1.25, and     1.125 respectively.
      - Roast Tag (roast the ring holder, the player with the green name, to   become IT).
        Only the player who is IT or becomes IT receives points from roasts.
    - For CTF Mode:
      - Team Battle (roast is 1 team point, i.e. Battle mode, but with teams).
      - Death CTF (roast is 1 team point, flag score points equals 1 + number of enemy team).
        On flag scores, either the enemy team or both teams die depending on settings -- see /resetallteams.
      - Jailbreak (those roasted go to jail and must be freed with ice, score by jailing entire enemy team).
        For those who want to make JB levels:
        Trigger ID 30 is for release prisoners and Trigger ID 29 is for overtime.
        The overtime trigger is mainly meant to prevent freeing players with ice on either team.
      - Flag Run (one flag for both teams, score by taking it into the enemy's base).
      - Team Last Rabbit Standing (players have lives, team has total lives, last team with lives wins).
      - Domination (teams capture control points, get 1 point for each control point they own every 5-20 seconds).
  - Special features which are only enabled when Plus Only and/or Latest Version Only is enabled.
  - Scripting language (AngelScript) support.
  - Mouse aim mode.
  - Special trigger zones that sets triggers for all players.
  - New and updated JCS Events.
  - Older features and bug fixes from Carrotade:
  - Death from pits (the event at the bottom-right corner of level must be 255).
  - Level List cycling.
  - Automatic level cycling.
  - Chat, stats, and IP logging.
  - Anti-cheat protection.
  - Idle player or spammer kicking.
  - Idle Server mode.
  - Remote Admin.
  - Created additional command line arguments.
Amongst various other features, JJ2+ adds a lot of new tools for level designers, allowing for more freedom and flexibility in their work. To use those, you need to update your JCS.ini file with the following lines where appropriate. The lines marked in orange are part of the 2013 releases.
Code:
2=Hurt                              |+|Modifier  |Hurt   |       |Up:1|Down:1|Left:1|Right:1
5=Slide                             |+|Modifier  |Slide  |       |Strength:2
17=Area End Of Level                |+|Area      |End    |Area   |Secret:1|Fast:1|TextID:4|Offset:4
18=Area Warp EOL                    |+|Area      |End    |Warp   |Empty:1|Fast:1|TextID:4|Offset:4
24=Limit X Scroll 		    |+|Modifier  |Limit  |Xscroll|Left:10|Width:10
26=Area Warp Secret                 |+|Area      |Warp   |Secret |Coins:10|TextID:4|Offset:4
32=Lori Level Start                 |+|StartPos  |Lori   |Start
52=Bomb Crate 			    |+|Goodies   |Bomb   |Crate  |ExtraEvent:8|NumEvent:4|RandomFly:1|NoBomb:1
89=Extra Time                       |+|Goodies   |Extra  |Time   |Seconds:7
91=Hor Red Spring 		    |+|Spring    |H-Red  |Spring |Empty:2|Keep Y-Speed:1|Delay:4|Reverse:1
92=Hor Green Spring                 |+|Spring    |H-Green|Spring |Empty:2|Keep Y-Speed:1|Delay:4|Reverse:1
93=Hor Blue Spring                  |+|Spring    |H-Blue |Spring |Empty:2|Keep Y-Speed:1|Delay:4|Reverse:1
95=Trigger Crate                    |+|Trigger   |Trig   |Crate  |TriggerID:5|off:1|switch:1
148=Steady Light                    |+|Light     |Steady |Light  |Type:3|Size:7
149=Pulse Light                     |+|Light     |Pulse  |Light  |Speed:8|Sync:4|Type:3|Size:5
198=Rocket Turtle                   |-|Boss      |Rock   |Turt   |EndText:4|Velocity:6|Angle:3
206=Sucker Tube                     |+|Object    |Suck   |       |X-Speed:-7|Y-Speed:-7|Trig Sample:1|BecomeNoclip:1|Noclip Only:1|WaitTime:3
207=Text                            |+|Trigger   |Text   |       |TextID:8|Vanish:1|AngelScript:1|Offset:8
208=Water Level                     |+|Scenery   |Water  |       |Height (Tiles):8|Instant:1|Lighting:2
216=Generator                       |+|Generator |Gene-  |rator  |Event:8|Delay Secs:8|Initial Delay:1
230=Warp                            |+|Area      |Warp   |       |ID:8|Coins:8|SetLap:1|ShowAnim:1|Fast:1
236=Butterfly                       |-|Enemy     |Butter |Fly    |Velocity:6|Angle:3
242=Path                            |-|Area      |Path   |       |Velocity:6|Angle:3|Relative:1|RandRev:1|WaitTime:3
245=No Fire Zone                    |+|Area      |No Fire|Zone   |Setto:2|Var:1
255=MCE Event                       |+|Area      |MCE    |Event  |Event:8|Delay Secs:8|Initial Delay:1
If you are having trouble with the latest version, REPORT THE PROBLEM IN THIS THREAD. Here you can find older versions, mainly for testing purposes.
October 30th 2013 Release Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Plus

Last edited by Violet CLM; November 1st, 2013 at 03:50 PM..
Violet CLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Stijn
Administrator
I coded J2O

Reputation: Stijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to all
Be sure to check out the newly included example levels, and prepare to be amazed
Stijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #3
Obi1mcd
JCF Member
Tileset maker

Reputation: Obi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHARTObi1mcd is OFF DA CHART
This is awesome in SO many ways.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #4
snzspeed
JCF Member
JCS Machine

mieli = puhallettu

(finnish for mind = blown)
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #5
Sean
JCF Member
Missing the good old days

Send a message via MSN to Sean Send a message via Skype™ to Sean
I...

I need a new pair of pants.

I think I must contest the addition of instant warps though, the delay has become an integral part of the play experience.

Last edited by Sean; January 29th, 2013 at 01:33 AM..
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #6
Vivando
JCF Member
Random

Reputation: Vivando is OFF DA CHARTVivando is OFF DA CHARTVivando is OFF DA CHART
Formerly: Superjazz
CeeJay's seal of approval.

JJnet Duel Tournament 3.0
Vivando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #7
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Reputation: Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend
Send a message via MSN to Jerrythabest Send a message via Skype™ to Jerrythabest
So, it's been more than 6 months since the code got transferred... but here it is! We didn't make it before Christmas, not even in 2012, but then finally it's a relief this thing is out now. I hope you all like what we've made of this.

Now on with the next release =) I hope we can make that release as awesome as this one is.

I esspecially liked this quote!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
By the way: I've just read the old JJ2+ thread (which caused me actual physical pain) and it seems we've pretty much covered all feasible feature requests people made! Of course, AngelScript is the answer to about half of those.
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #8
Foly
JCF Member
Just a member

Awesome! It's really nice to see that people are still working on jj2 and succeeding in it
[13:07:13] *** Foly is on a KILLING SPREE!
[13:07:14] *** you killed yourself
[13:07:14] *** Foly was looking good but died instead...
Foly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #9
Stijn
Administrator
I coded J2O

Reputation: Stijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to allStijn is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I think I must contest the addition of instant warps though, the delay has become an integral part of the play experience.
That's why it's optional. Only if the "Fast" parameter is set to 1 you'll be warped instantly.
Stijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #10
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Reputation: Jerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legendJerrythabest is a forum legend
Send a message via MSN to Jerrythabest Send a message via Skype™ to Jerrythabest
In fact, there are little things that break oder clients. The only incompatibilities we introduced are new features that require everyone to run the latest version to work properly. For example, enscripted levels will not work with older clients and thus require /latestversiononly and /plusonly to be ON.
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #11
IconGuy
JCF Member
Forum Member of Delusion

Reputation: IconGuy is a forum legendIconGuy is a forum legendIconGuy is a forum legend
kudos

((\_/))
((o.o))
(()_())

Classical zombie retro extra fur rabbit.

Guys, remember 2010? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical zombie retro extra fur rabbit
I sure miss non-living in ancient Greece!
IconGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #12
snzspeed
JCF Member
JCS Machine

I just finished playing all the example levels and oh boy, that was some mindblowing shit. I especially love the player timers and that example level with carrotus with that falling devan. fucking amazing!
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #13
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

I think we can call that level "The mother of all example levels". It's really unbelievable what has become possible now. That level blew my mind, too.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #14
Vladan345
JCF Member

can someone help me?I dont know how to instal jj2+ latest version? XD
Vladan345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #15
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Please read this. It basically comes down to downloading the zip file (see first post) and extracting it entirely into your Jazz 2 folder. If you did not have Plus before, open Plusifier.exe and point it to Jazz2.exe to generate a Jazz2+.exe. Then run that, and you're good to go.
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #16
ShadowGPW
Super Moderator
Fill in your custom title here

Reputation: ShadowGPW is an asset to this forumShadowGPW is an asset to this forum
Send a message via ICQ to ShadowGPW
3D Support? How funky!

Any Nvidia 3D vision algorithms build in? Or using the DX 11.1 algorithms?

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org
ShadowGPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:09 AM   #17
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Nope, you don't need all that fancy stuff. It just works by splitting the screen in half, providing a left-eye view and a right-eye view, and letting the 3D TV do the magic to get each view into the correct eye. This also means you don't need an Nvidia card. Or a DX 11.1 enabled card. Or hell, you don't need a video card at all.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #18
cooba
JCF Veteran

Reputation: cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrythabest View Post
Or hell, you don't need a video card at all.
True JJ2 spirit!
cooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #19
ShadowGPW
Super Moderator
Fill in your custom title here

Reputation: ShadowGPW is an asset to this forumShadowGPW is an asset to this forum
Send a message via ICQ to ShadowGPW
But... but... but.. now i can't use my shutter glasses ... ;(

(I always run on software mode in JJ2 )

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org
ShadowGPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #20
FawFul
JCF Member
Nope.avi

really love it! Regenerating destructable blocks, pallette swaps, coloured water, music change, everyone must get this!

2 requests:

1: make a ready up as team command
2: autostart if everyone is ready
FawFul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #21
Violet CLM
JCF Eminence Grise
JCF Member

I updated plus.dll in plus.zip so that the "Read Plus Readme..." option in the Help menu points to plus-readme.html, instead of the no-longer-updated plus-readme.txt. This is the only change to the file and there are no gameplay incompatibilities between the new version and last night's. So, up to you.
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #22
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Looks like that was the only real "fail" with this release. Have been hosting the Plus Release Server all day without any trouble.

EDIT: and just as I type that I recieve two bugreports. There is a potential crash in /3d TAB, and /me uses socket IDs where it should use player IDs.

EDIT2: I now realise the TAB crash is actually an old bug showing up in a new place: just don't use translucent tiles in textured backgrounds. This bug has been around since forever (I can replicate it with vanilla JJ2 by pressing F3 in the same level).

Last edited by Jerrythabest; January 29th, 2013 at 11:08 AM..
Jerrythabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #23
GoldRabbit
JCF Member
hello

Send a message via MSN to GoldRabbit Send a message via Yahoo to GoldRabbit
Thumbs up

This is everything I could've ever asked for, and then some more. A lot more. Colour me very, very impressed. Thanks a lot guys.
Old January 29th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #24
PurpleJazz
JCF Member
No added salt

Reputation: PurpleJazz is an asset to this forumPurpleJazz is an asset to this forum
Send a message via MSN to PurpleJazz Send a message via Skype™ to PurpleJazz
Reporting a bug: TNT is no longer able to destroy blocks at all - regardless of the Weapon parameter used in the JCS event. I'm not sure if I've got everything set up correctly so it could just be me, but I think it would be worth looking into as this will obviously break a whole load of levels if this is not the case.

A little less serious, but the Game Over function also appears to be broken. If I select Yes on the Continue screen, it'll say something like "could not find level or tileset for BUST A MOVE.j2l", and the game crashes.
PurpleJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #25
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Funny, I can't reproduce either of those here. Though I do remember seeing the latter sometime long ago. I have no clue where it came from.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #26
Vivando
JCF Member
Random

Reputation: Vivando is OFF DA CHARTVivando is OFF DA CHARTVivando is OFF DA CHART
Found another bug: Whenever you first play multiplayer online(join any server or start one), and after go play singleplayer without restarting JJ2, you will be unable to receive any damage by objects or enemies. For now a restart helps whenever you want to play single- after multiplayer luckily.

Old January 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #27
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivando View Post
Found another bug: Whenever you first play multiplayer online(join any server or start one), and after go play singleplayer without restarting JJ2, you will be unable to receive any damage by objects or enemies. For now a restart helps whenever you want to play single- after multiplayer luckily.
Are you sure it is any server and not a specific game mode or level? I can't seem to reproduce this one either.
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #28
Vivando
JCF Member
Random

Okay, apparently it's not just any server or any circumstance. I tried reproducing it by first running jj2, visiting zeal alpha for a second, then went to sp, but I could receive damage normally. Afterwards, I restarted jj2, visited Zeal Duels 1 without even spectating off, and after the same bug happened again.

EDIT: Okay I guess I figured it out; Whenever the game is stopped you won't receive any damage in multiplayer, and logically neither in single-player. While Zeal Alpha had a game running>it left on the game 'started' for me, meanwhile ZD1 had a game stopped, resulting in my client having itself in stopped-mode. So simply what needs to be done is to have the game 'on' by default in single-player without having the option to stop it from the menus either which is possible now.

EDIT2: There are also more menu-commands that can be abused in single-player such as 'Reset Game' to restore all your health. Actually in my opinion all the multiplayer-commands should be disabled for single-player, even if they can be just considered as alternatives for jjcheats.

Last edited by Vivando; January 29th, 2013 at 01:01 PM..
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #29
Just a Random User
JCF Member

Bug number 1:

You still can't destroy the tile with blaster if it's straight above you. This should be fixed.

Bug number 2:

While playing plusJCSFun.j2l, I warped somewhere and felt in pit I think. This is what I got in chatlog.

Code:
[[Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 22:39:48]]
**Current level: "JJ2+ JCS FunPak" - PlusJCSFun.j2l
**Next level: PlusJCSFun
**Game Mode: Battle
**Custom Mode: OFF
[22:40:17] *** you killed yourself
[22:40:18] *** you killed yourself
[22:40:19] *** you killed yourself
Bug number 3

While playing plusEnscripted, when I had to destroy 20 lizards to continue, this happened:

Thanks for making all new functions and stuffs. It will improve everything in JJ2.
Just a Random User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #30
Vivando
JCF Member
Random

Request about /ready command; Add alternative command or option for receiving full fastfire along with the command. I and many other players used to always prefer GMR function without fastfire, since it makes me waste ammo easier in multiplayer.

Old January 29th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #31
Sir Ementaler
JCF Member
Too good to be real.

Reputation: Sir Ementaler is immeasurably awesomeSir Ementaler is immeasurably awesomeSir Ementaler is immeasurably awesomeSir Ementaler is immeasurably awesome
Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Ementaler
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJazz View Post
A little less serious, but the Game Over function also appears to be broken. If I select Yes on the Continue screen, it'll say something like "could not find level or tileset for BUST A MOVE.j2l", and the game crashes.
Afaik this is an old bug that used to happen to all levels run by Save & Run, until one of older JJ2+ releases fixed it. I checked it and it doesn't seem to have returned with this release though.

Edit: Ah, however, at least according to Trey, it occurs in plusEnscripted.j2l if you use Save & Run, so possibly also some other but not all levels.

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; January 29th, 2013 at 01:23 PM..
Sir Ementaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #32
GoldRabbit
JCF Member
hello

The game over screen forces hosts to restart their server during coop.

The laser shield doesn't seem to work for some reason, when the host (I) tried using it, no beam would come out, when a client tried using it, he got kicked off. That happened in PlusTimerEx.j2l.

The platform section right after the falling Devan sequence is buggy, as the platform doesn't return when you die (again, in a coop server). This isn't really related to JJ2+ rather than the angelscript itself.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #33
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Quote:
Okay, apparently it's not just any server or any circumstance. I tried reproducing it by first running jj2, visiting zeal alpha for a second, then went to sp, but I could receive damage normally. Afterwards, I restarted jj2, visited Zeal Duels 1 without even spectating off, and after the same bug happened again.

EDIT: Okay I guess I figured it out; Whenever the game is stopped you won't receive any damage in multiplayer, and logically neither in single-player. While Zeal Alpha had a game running>it left on the game 'started' for me, meanwhile ZD1 had a game stopped, resulting in my client having itself in stopped-mode. So simply what needs to be done is to have the game 'on' by default in single-player without having the option to stop it from the menus either which is possible now.

EDIT2: There are also more menu-commands that can be abused in single-player such as 'Reset Game' to restore all your health. Actually in my opinion all the multiplayer-commands should be disabled for single-player, even if they can be just considered as alternatives for jjcheats.
Thanks for the details. I wonder how this bug got caused, the concept of stopped games is nothing new. Good thing though that the menus actually allow the game to get started again.

The menu commands in single player stuff is still some 'work in progress' actually. Things like Next Level don't work very well in offline games for whatever reason, and the bulk of Game Options just doesn't work offline.

I will look into this one. Expect it fixed in the next release.

Quote:
Request about /ready command; Add alternative command or option for receiving full fastfire along with the command. I and many other players used to always prefer GMR function without fastfire, since it makes me waste ammo easier in multiplayer.
We've had discussion about including Fast Fire in /ready. In fact, it was a last-minute change (or at least a last week change) to include that. I think an (optional) argument to the command or something like '/readyff' would be a good option for this. (I've also seen someone asking for including a coin increase with /ready. I think that has a smaller chance of making it in because the amount of coins would be arbitrarily chosen at best.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldRabbit View Post
The game over screen forces hosts to restart their server during coop.

The platform section right after the falling Devan sequence is buggy, as the platform doesn't return when you die (again, in a coop server). This isn't really related to JJ2+ rather than the angelscript itself.
I must admit we did little testing in online coop. As has been with any previous release of Plus (as far as I know at least), online coop is a feature that 'just works' without supporting all the rediculous things we can achieve in levels nowadays. Might get fixed someday if someone gets a "Eureka!" moment and comes with a cure.

Quote:
The laser shield doesn't seem to work for some reason, when the host (I) tried using it, no beam would come out, when a client tried using it, he got kicked off. That happened in PlusTimerEx.j2l.
This level only works offline. It's the anti-cheat features kicking in there. For the other shields, this be fixed by adding Shield events to the level. The laser shield is still a no-go in servers.

Last edited by Jerrythabest; January 29th, 2013 at 01:32 PM..
Jerrythabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:29 PM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #34
Violet CLM
JCF Eminence Grise
JCF Member

Quote:
It's a single player (or local play coop) level; it's not designed to be played online.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #35
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler View Post
Edit: Ah, however, at least according to Trey, it occurs in plusEnscripted.j2l if you use Save & Run, so possibly also some other but not all levels.
I'll put this one on the list too.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #36
GoldRabbit
JCF Member
hello

Thanks everyone for answering so quickly, that's dedication. I have a suggestion, though it's quite minor.

The Slide event (which is amazing to finally see work, I remember posting in 2006 or something about it being broken) should have a parameter to designate the sliding distance (in tiles, or something). I almost didn't notice it at first, because the distance was quite small.

Also, what happened to the preview with vertical flipping? I won't mention the one with the numbers 1-9, since I suppose that wasn't official.
Old January 29th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #37
minmay
JCF Member
What?

Reputation: minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome
The fireball gun seems to not destroy destruct blocks if you fire it fast enough (i.e. while running). Pretty evident in the Survivor level. Also, I love the Worms references
minmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #38
cooba
JCF Veteran

Reputation: cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
Also, I love the Worms references
Thanks! I couldn't remember the exact messages, so I just opened the Worms Armageddon exe in a text editor (thanks for the advice, Torkell) and searched for them.
cooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #39
Jerrythabest
JCF Member
Can I has cookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmay View Post
The fireball gun seems to not destroy destruct blocks if you fire it fast enough (i.e. while running). Pretty evident in the Survivor level. Also, I love the Worms references
I think this one's gonna be very difficult (if not impossible) to fix. I'd like to see it as a good reason to stop running sometimes.

Quote:
The Slide event (which is amazing to finally see work, I remember posting in 2006 or something about it being broken) should have a parameter to designate the sliding distance (in tiles, or something). I almost didn't notice it at first, because the distance was quite small.
I thought of that myself too. Will see what's possible.

Quote:
Also, what happened to the preview with vertical flipping? I won't mention the one with the numbers 1-9, since I suppose that wasn't official.
The number one was indeed unofficial. No idea what that was about. The vertically flipped tile was real but it's one of those few features that didn't make it in just because they were causing too much trouble while we were having so many other awesome ideas. The implementation is half way through, though. So we may get there eventually.
Old January 29th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #40
minmay
JCF Member
What?

Reputation: minmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesomeminmay is immeasurably awesome
Oh also this is amazing and stuff
minmay is offline   Reply With Quote