Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

QoB

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Aug 29, 2008, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKniA View Post
Something more: is there anyone who can tell me how to go through that maze, where everything is...covered
That brings back the most treasured of all painful memories.

JCF Member

DarkB is doing well so far

Aug 30, 2008, 04:25 AM
Quote:
I don't know the password, cannot hack it(have no idea how to do this) and really need that kind of detail,where the ice ammo is...I can cheate, that's not my point.(can you tell me how to hack or find the password?!)
To hack the password from lvl is very easy if you know hex.
But mostly used metod is to get the special version of JCS that can open passworded lvl's
And about the QoB i never finished it i reach the unseen maze and i quit playing because was very frustrating ....
To reach the unseen maze took me 3 days ...

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Aug 30, 2008, 08:52 AM
The layer-3 maze is pretty disturbing, but I made it out and found the warp to the bonus level. I once wanted to make a map for the maze, but I gave up after a few tries.

JCF Member

DarKniA is doing well so far

Aug 30, 2008, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valceaionutz View Post
But mostly used metod is to get the special version of JCS that can open passworded lvl's
To reach the unseen maze took me 3 days ...
Do you know how can I find it?

And somebody, again, help here! :P
DarKniA

JCF Member

Aug 30, 2008, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xobim View Post
The layer-3 maze is pretty disturbing, but I made it out and found the warp to the bonus level. I once wanted to make a map for the maze, but I gave up after a few tries.
But I cannot reach it without cheates! Can you tell me where the freezing ammo is? That was my question!
And someone has the uncovered-maze-version How can I find it?

Actually, what's next? After the maze? Is it the end of the level? Just to find a teleport? What happens when all the doors are open and enter in that kind of room?

Last edited by DarKniA; Aug 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM.

JCF Member

DarkB is doing well so far

Aug 30, 2008, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Do you know how can I find it?
This is the link http://uploadfile.org/download.php?i...YgNXprwFzDOMFV with the JCS.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Aug 31, 2008, 12:32 AM
Aw, I miss Tubz. His being an indian brought much needed culture to JJ2. And stinkyness.
DarKniA

JCF Member

Aug 31, 2008, 09:04 AM
Thank you! I've downloaded the program and have seen what to do! I made it...

But there is something that I still don't get: where should be the end of the level?

When you complete the covered with something maze you finish the level. WHAT ABOUT THE DOORS?

And I, years ago, cheated to see what happens beyond the closed doors, which I should open(I could not and could not complete the level or open more than 2 doors and finely surrender and decided that I will never see what happens in other way)...I wrote nowall and fly and saw a boss, to devils to be correct.

Well, how I am supposed to get there without cheating? Where should the level end?
Why have I tried so many years to see what happens when all the doors are open and at the end ...what?! I have to cheat (again) to see!
I am so disappointed.
So, do you know how I, can find all the secrets and go to the doors instead of going to eat chocolate and die of diabetes in the stupind and senceless bonus level?

And anyone, if you share my angry opinion, please mumble with me

The last thing I want to say is that I actually love this level the most. I enjoyed it, spent a few years to complete it and feel clever and proud with myself now. It was insane,absurd made me feel really lovely and betrayed from the one who made the level There si no other game ot level, which can make it..

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

Aug 31, 2008, 10:00 PM
those doors are supposed to be a "red herring" (False lead)
DarKniA

JCF Member

Sep 1, 2008, 02:08 AM
yeah, thanks, it should be so, but ... I don't get the reason that it is made in that way. There is no sence to be done in that way.. Why are there guns or ammo to be taken then During the whole level it made me really curious to open the doors and then I could not see what happens. It made me VERY disappointed.
In my oppinion, that should not be the effect on the player!Never!
And still there is something that makes me love that level...

The best way to end the level is the following (that's only how I think!): you exit the maze and there, where normally the level ends is a teleport to the opened doors, where you can beat the boss!
Don't you agree?

JCF Member

Xobim is doing well so far

Sep 1, 2008, 02:47 AM
Nah, that doesn't fit the style of the level. The player thinks he is on his right track when he finds the maze, but gets distracted when he hears about the super secrets, which are the only way to finish the level. He still thinks there is a way to open the red door, and will replay the level, which is the whole idea...

And besides that, finally getting to the two bilsys will most likely get you killed, meaning you have to start the level all over again...

JCF Member

Sep 1, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, guess you are right, but if it is all about confusion, why the red door cannot be opened normally and at the same time there are the devils? Is that only for the cheaters to be confused and to make them try to complete the level? To make them all curious?

And are you 100% sure that there is no normal way to reach the devils?

It's freaky...That's why I like it I guess...

BTW. I have a map of the blind maze. Can send it if someone is interested

JCF Member

plunK is an asset to this forum

Mar 14, 2010, 05:05 PM
Got to point 1 on the map and get some ice powerups (roughly 304, 241) {press f9 for coordinates}

Go to point 2 on the map (roughly 292, 251) and shoot the block(maybe TNT?) then freeze the spring to get by. If you waste your freezers more are avaiable at the very far right zagged silver wall of the main QoB area (roughly 451, 340)

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Mar 16, 2010, 07:46 PM
That tiny picture makes it look so much more simple than it is when you're actually playing through it.

JCF Member

b-a-e-r is doing well so far

Apr 13, 2010, 04:44 AM
Currently I am stuck at the sucker tube part. They tell me to go save the game, but each time I save my game in this level, JJ2 crashes and my save file goes corrupt. I'd love it if someone could give me the order in which I have to go through the tubes.

JCF Member

Troglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legendTroglobite is a forum legend

Apr 13, 2010, 10:28 AM
You're not actually supposed to save. The makers of this level knew that it would crash the game and couldn't be loaded because it was too big. As for the order, I remember at one point there were a series of tubes into warps which were designed so the last one you entered would warp you out, regardless of the order.

However, I would strongly suggest you simply don't play QoB. It's frustrating, the gameplay is awful, and (in my opinion) the tileset isn't even that good.

Lexicographer: Someone who writes dictionaries
Neophyte: A novice, or newbie
Hemisemidemiquaver: In music, a sixty-fourth note

Exit Troglobite, Stage Left

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Apr 13, 2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-a-e-r View Post
Currently I am stuck at the sucker tube part. They tell me to go save the game, but each time I save my game in this level, JJ2 crashes and my save file goes corrupt. I'd love it if someone could give me the order in which I have to go through the tubes.
If I remember good (and I do), the order will be down-up-down-down, but if you want to be sure, just search in YouTube. I'm sure there are some walkthroughs because I used one of them to find the second Super Secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglobite View Post
You're not actually supposed to save. The makers of this level knew that it would crash the game and couldn't be loaded because it was too big. As for the order, I remember at one point there were a series of tubes into warps which were designed so the last one you entered would warp you out, regardless of the order.

However, I would strongly suggest you simply don't play QoB. It's frustrating, the gameplay is awful, and (in my opinion) the tileset isn't even that good.
The maker, Dethman, didn't know about the Access Violation. Read the ERE article about QoB.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

JCF Member

Louis K is doing well so far

Feb 12, 2014, 06:38 AM
QOB is really hard!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
Got to point 1 on the map and get some ice powerups (roughly 304, 241) {press f9 for coordinates}

Go to point 2 on the map (roughly 292, 251) and shoot the block(maybe TNT?) then freeze the spring to get by. If you waste your freezers more are avaiable at the very far right zagged silver wall of the main QoB area (roughly 451, 340)

What a mess!! Is it really made by a human?

I think QOB Map designer is really crazy!
I tried to pass this map several times, but I can't even open the first door. Then, how to I go there?.. oh god..
I can't play anymore.. ANYMORE!

This map is editor's fury itself!

Or if you won't, then I'll kill you with this COOL weapon.