Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

ToU Part 3! Come join in before it becomes 40 pages!

JCF Member

UNKNOWNFILE is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 07:42 AM
does anyone ever pay attention to this line of text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev
Voting for Fooruman will make your teeth whiter, your food taste better, and your girl/boyfriend more attractive.
And what if you don't have a girl/boyfriend?

PS: Unreal > JJ2.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Dec 9, 2005, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Rabbit
Even if they are lesbian?
Radium, please tell us the person who's really Uberbob's GF...
Depends whether you're asking Uberbob or L33tz4n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWNFILE
And what if you don't have a girl/boyfriend?
FOORUMAN WILL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND/OR BOYFRIEND.

So, everyone agrees on the old man in a canoe?

JCF Member

UNKNOWNFILE is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 07:51 AM
HECK YES

PS: Unreal > JJ2.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 07:54 AM
Yes and PAGECLAIM, MWAHAHA

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 07:55 AM
WR, why should Araches be the girlfriend of someone she hates to death? This isn't some bad anime. ;(

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 07:58 AM
*looks for Radium's thread*

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 08:03 AM
Radium once mentioned in response to a comment on a very, very old drawing he did that Araches was his lesbian girlfriend, but that was a long time ago when the characters didn't have personalities or think for themselves. Araches hates Uberbob, and is a lesbian, so I think it's safe to say that she is NOT his girlfriend.

JCF Member

Dec 9, 2005, 08:04 AM
Ah, yes, that's the one.
So Leetsan IS his girlfriend?
It seems that Shuriken hates him too, from the Solstice battle of ToU Part 1.

Anyway, now that Radium is here (oh yes), I'll be waiting for the continuing of the story.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 9, 2005, 08:17 AM
Quote:
So Leetsan IS his girlfriend?
In her opinion, anyway.
Quote:
It seems that Shuriken hates him too, from the Solstice battle of ToU Part 1.
Everyone hates Uberbob. Except L33tz4n and maybe Faw. And Fooruman, I guess.
Quote:
Anyway, now that Radium is here (oh yes), I'll be waiting for the continuing of the story.
Actually, I'm going to be giving the DMship back to Dev for a while. It'll be a little bit before he's free, which gives me time to brief him and plan with Risp how to make the next battle even harder.

And I might change the PoV again. Or stick with Araches. Not sure.

JCF Member

Dec 9, 2005, 08:22 AM
Either you forgot that Uberbob doesn't hate himself, or he..well..

...even harder battles?

Do we have any say about the PoV? Can we change it to Fooruman's?

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 9, 2005, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Do we have any say about the PoV? Can we change it to Fooruman's?
Maybe and no. In that order.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

MSB3000 is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 12:08 PM
I vote Fooruman.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 9, 2005, 12:09 PM
And Leetzan as POV.
...or Fooruman. Just to humor Dev. Although that might be too weird even for him.

JCF Member

CrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legendCrimiClown is a forum legend

Dec 9, 2005, 12:11 PM
*watches as the tough choices are being made*

I will join in as soon as it is mess-up proof... I will post a useful action on page 40... =P
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:20 PM
MSB3000
This message has been deleted by MSB3000. Reason: I guess this post was just too much for SOME ppl to handle.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canti3000
And whoever the POV is switched to I command that they suddenly have a strong physical attraction to Uberbob.
You have no power here. Be gone before someone drops a house on you.

JCF Member

Ae has disabled reputation

Dec 9, 2005, 03:12 PM
I vote Sam and/or Fooruman, but if we get Furious then we can save the man from the Alien-demon-vampire thing.
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Dec 9, 2005, 03:15 PM
*drops a house on Canti3000*

If you're going to participate in the thread, try to make a useful contribution, please.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:05 AM
Ae
This message has been deleted by Ae. Reason: nobody ever likes rock paper scissors in this thread

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 10:23 AM
@Canti: I don't mind idiotic commands from time to time, but just keep in mind that you are commanding the characters' actions, not their feelings.

@Ae: It has been decided that our old friend Fooruman shall accompany us on our unknown mission.

And as for the rest of you, PoV is back to Uberbob, but it'll change again soon enough. Now let's get back to the action!

"Now, don't take my decision personally," I said to the three living legends, and Fooruman. "I love you all the same, it's just that I can only stand one of you tagging around me and cramping my style all the time. And that lucky loser is..." I paused, so as to seem dramatic, then blurted out, "FOORUMAN!"
"W00T!" Fooruman exclaimed. He rowed over to me, gave me a high-five, then executed a victory donut in his canoe. For some reason the other four losers in my posse seemed very depressed now, but I decided that it was okay because we now had Fooruman!
L33tz4n sighed and slithered over to Scholar Sam. She bowed respectfully and addressed him, "Scholar Sam. N1ce to see you ag@in."
"Well, if it isn't my star pupil!" Sam said with a smile. "How are your summoning arts coming along?"
"Very w3ll, thank you. I n0ticed you've taken up summoning, yours3lf."
"Why yes," he said as he adjusted his spectacles. "I suppose you could say I have a general thirst for knowledge. And by the way, how about a quick lesson in summoning, for old time's sake?"
"You'll teach m3 Manifest Density?!" L33tz4n asked excitedly.
"Well... no. I'm afraid that's a bit advanced for someone with your level of skill, but I could teach you to summon the Arabian War Acupuncturist."
My ears perked up as I overheard this offer. I shuffled through the snow, tripped over Solstice's angel hat and landed on top of Leetz4n. "Summon?!" I called out with my face buried in the slush.
"Erm, yes," said Sam. "I could teach her the summon, but it will require skill, determination, and a sing-along. Are you sure you want to put her through that?"

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 10:26 AM
...er...go S? Where else?
And, being the foo we are, let's 'put her through that' and let Sam teach her how to summon the acupuncturist.

EDIT: Get angel hat.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 10, 2005, 10:30 AM
Yes, we are.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 10:31 AM
Also, examine surroundings. (Post-battle landscapes are always nice)

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 10, 2005, 10:37 AM
Have Leetzan ask Sam what can the Acupuncturist do.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 10:54 AM
Tell Furious that there is a man in NewSuperUberEtc.Megatropolis who needs his help getting rid of an alien-demon-vampire thing.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 11:08 AM
"Do it!" I cried happily. "More spells!"
"Don't you even want to know what it does first?" Fawriel asked.
"The Arabian War Acupunturist is unlike any summon, in that his attacks heal rather than inflict damage," Sam explained. "Alright! It's time to sing-along with Sam! Repeat after me!"
L33tz4n straightened herself up and prepared to endure the upcoming educational song.
Sam cleared his throat and began to sing, "When the last thing you need is a neeeeedle, he'll be there! he'll be there! he'll be there for you!"
L33tz4n glanced around and noticed that everyone was staring at her. She blushed purple again, then softly sang along. "When the last thing I need is a neeeeeedle, he'll be there, he'll be there, he'll be there for me."
"When you need a helping stab just to heeeeeal, he'll be there! he'll be there! he'll be there for you!"
"When I need a helping stab just to heeeeeal, he'll be there, he'll be there, he'll be there for me."
"When you're just about to die, he'll help you out, so don't cry! He'll be there! he'll be there! just for yoooou!"
"He'll be there, he'll be there, just for meeeee."
Fooruman and I applauded. "That young man has such a beautiful voice!" the Archmage declared. "And Scholar Sam can sing well, too."
"Thank you, teacher," L33tz4n said as she shook Sam's hand.
"Anytime!" he replied. "As as scholar, it is my job to pass knowledge down to the next generation!"
"Wait, that's it?" Shuriken interrupted. "You sang a stupid song and she learned a powerful summon, just like that?"
"Pretty much, yeah," Sam answered.
Shuriken pondered this for a moment. "Well, could I learn it, too?"
"No," said Sam. Grandma Conquista lightly tapped him on the shoulder, driving him into the ground like a hammer to a nail. "I suppose it's time for us to be on our way," he announced as he pulled himself out. "The ice should start melting soon. Have fun killing things!"
Sam, Conquista and Furious all piled into the flying hotrod and took off. I couldn't be sure, but it seemed like I could faintly hear the words, "FEEEAR CONQUIIISTAAA!!!" on the wind as they flew away.
"Oh, hey!" I called out to them. "Furious! Go to Superuberplacething and save the Canadian from the vampire thing!" I doubt he heard me, but being a superhero I'm sure he would eventually get around to saving people and stuff.
I glanced around and noticed that Upper Placespot was more or less pwned. The buildings were trashed and abandoned. It would most likely be a long time before the residents returned to rebuild everything.
"So like, let's go do stuff," I said as I pocketed Solstice's angel hat.
"And what stuff we shall do!" Fooruman exclaimed, rising up in his canoe to attract everyone's attention. "I hearby declare that we must embark on a MYSTICAL JOURNEY to seek out my missing pogo stick!"
Araches spit. "I already hate where this is going," she said angrily.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 11:11 AM
Equip the hat, and warp the Party to Pandora's Isle. Go West to the Trading Post, and trade the shotgun for the Pogo Stick.

Last edited by Ae; Dec 10, 2005 at 11:36 AM.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Dec 10, 2005, 11:17 AM
Check inventory.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 11:59 AM
I placed the angel hat on my head. It quickly fell off again. I suppose you needed a thin yet strong central branch to wear such a thing.
"Fooruman! I know exactly where to find your long-lost pogo stick!" I gathered everyone together and warped us to Pandora's Island. We walked West through the forest of non-tree plantlife until we came to the Trading Post. Fooruman frowned with extreme joy when he saw his precious toy sitting on the table. He reached for it immediately, but I smacked his hand and pointed at him dramatically. "You must offer the invisible gremlins something in exchange!" I warned him.
I took out the empty shotgun and proceeded to exchange it for the rusty old pogo stick, but Araches stepped in front of me like some kind of evil yet sexy barricade.
"You're trading our only gun for a pogo stick?" she asked. I nodded. She rolled her eyes and smacked the back of my head. "I hate you!" she shouted.
"Have a nice day!" I called out as she wandered off somewhere to angst.

Inventory

Code:
 First-Aid Kit Mitten Rope Duct Tape Pogo Stick Thirdeighteennoteevenbettercitrusfruitymanypagedla zerlightysuperflyingfullyclotheductscraptlegalfourseatsestrudelire Magic Map Ice Tools X-mas Angel

For Trade

Code:
Tree-like-plant-leaf Ruby Slippers Bishop Bottle full of Canadian Bits Nail Shotgun Pearldiver's Knife

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 10, 2005, 12:04 PM
Regain shotgun in exchange for mitten -> increase scantly clad lady morale!
Old Dec 10, 2005, 12:04 PM
cooba
This message has been deleted by cooba.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 12:16 PM
Hey, how come our hat isn't in the inventory?

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 12:17 PM
@WR: It is. See the X-mas Angel? It's not really a hat, it's just a tree decoration. =b

I grabbed L33tz4n's hands and pulled off the mittens.
"What are you doing?!" she shrieked.
"I'm increasing scantly clad lady morale!"
She slapped me in the face and joined Araches in her angsting. I shrugged and traded the mittens for the shotgun. Even though it didn't have any ammo in it, holding it still made me feel all manly and cool.
Fooruman clung to the pogo stick, hugging and kissing it and stroking it sensually. Fawriel and Shuriken looked away nervously. Even though I had not eatten in months, I somehow felt like throwing up.
"It's just a pogo stick," I pointed out.
"My dear lady, this is no ordinary pogo stick!" Fooruman cried. "This is a ONE-WAY pogo stick!" He flipped a switch on the side of it that I had never noticed before, which caused the pogo stick to make a sound strangely similar to that of a computer starting up. "The harddrive is up and running!" Fooruman announced happily. "HUZZUH!"

Inventory

Code:
 First-Aid Kit Shotgun Rope Duct Tape Pogo Stick Thirdeighteennoteevenbettercitrusfruitymanypagedla zerlightysuperflyingfullyclotheductscraptlegalfourseatsestrudelire Magic Map Ice Tools X-mas Angel
For Trade
Code:
Tree-like-plant-leaf Ruby Slippers Bishop Bottle full of Canadian Bits Mitten Nail Pearldiver's Knife

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 12:23 PM
Ask him what the padlock is for.

..now we need that hideously large PDF file that Fox had for sale! Hopefully Antifoo Isle still isn't closed off.

Warp the Party to Antifoo Isle.

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 12:35 PM
"What was the padlock for?" I asked.
Fooruman raised an eyebrow. "Padlock?"
"I think he means the sw1tch," L33tz4n said.
"Sw1tch?" Fooruman repeated. "You speaks l33t like some fool, n00b."
"She means the SWITCH!" Shuri shouted angrily.
"Oh! Well that's just to insure that some unfoo person never uses the ARCANE POWERS of my pogo stick to further their own evil ends! Only one who is in full control of their foo can flip a switch as switchy and switchful as this."
"We need that hideously large PDF file that Fox had for sale!" I spontaneously declared. I warped us to the beach of Antifoo Island. The entire island beyond the beach was taped off with uncrossable magic tape. The Porta-save was the only thing we had access to. I poked it for good luck, then hugged Fawriel to keep our brotherly bond well-established. He chuckled nervously and gently pushed me off again.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 01:03 PM
Can we look at the map?

JCF Member

Dev is doing well so far

Dec 10, 2005, 01:08 PM
We could look at the map, so we did.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppertop
*drops a house on Canti3000*
If you're going to participate in the thread, try to make a useful contribution, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev
You have no power here. Be gone before someone drops a house on you.
I had a huge reply and logical arguement planned out, but my internet crashed, and it just sort of seems pointless now, except for this:

@CT: Don't forget it was I who finished the Unfoo battle, put some effort forward and finished the Canadian Dollar puzzle and developed the ice climbing method. I think I've made a useful contribution. You guys took that stupid post way too seriously.

Now to read what has happened...

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 01:20 PM
To be honest, I'm clueless as to what we're going to do, because I kinda joined ToU right in the middle.

JCF Éminence Grise

Dec 10, 2005, 01:27 PM
Well. I guess the Isle of Darkness won't be frozen solid anymore.. or something.

So.. teleport to the Isle of Darkness.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Dec 10, 2005, 01:28 PM
Quote:
To be honest, I'm clueless as to what we're going to do, because I kinda joined ToU right in the middle.
I've been looking through this since the start, although i kinda abandoned this thread somewhere at antifoo isle. Basically, we're wandering around doing random stuff because we didnt find a way to break into the isle of darkness yet. From past hints, I can probably assume we'll need to wander around the isle of darkness a bit before actually breaking in, and fight some machine/undead remnants from the fight with scholar sam and his brother or something.

JCF Member

Dec 10, 2005, 01:31 PM
@WR: We must break into The Isle of Darkness and kill Blackraptor!

Warp to Pandora's alone, go west and trade the X-Mas Angle for the mitten, return to Antifoo and give the mittens to L33tz4n, purely out of the kindness of a heart.

Then do what Fawriel said.

Last edited by MSB3000; Dec 10, 2005 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Sounded like I was being mean to WR