Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » Beyond Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Programming Language?

NinJazz

JCF Member

NinJazz is doing well so far

Jul 11, 2004, 02:43 AM
Programming Language?

Can you tell me game programming language?
I don't understand what is it...

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 11, 2004, 03:19 AM
A language to make programs with. You write a lot of command in the programming language and then you need a parser, compiler or interpreter to execute the program.
NinJazz

JCF Member

NinJazz is doing well so far

Jul 11, 2004, 03:21 AM
Yeah. That I meant that what is (example) parsiler or compiler?
What is C++ programming

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 11, 2004, 03:34 AM
C++ is a programming language. A compiler is a program that has the programming code as input and a program as output
R3ptile

Banned

R3ptile is doing well so far

Jul 11, 2004, 03:55 AM
SarS

Administrator

Jul 11, 2004, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3ptile
SarS
shup!

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 11, 2004, 09:35 AM
So, you start by saying you don't know what a programming language is, and two hours later you are planning to make a 3D game?

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
McDougal

JCF Member

McDougal has disabled reputation

Jul 12, 2004, 09:58 AM
there are 2 main stlye programming languages.
C and C++ both are simulart but C++ is more fancy looking. common use is C
then u have 2 grafic options for good gamming Direct X (halo,half-life,UT engin) then u have OpenGL (the quake engins 1-3 (4),doom3). OpenGL is much more agile grafic wise than Direct X

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 12, 2004, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal
there are 2 main stlye programming languages.
C and C++ both are simulart but C++ is more fancy looking. common use is C
then u have 2 grafic options for good gamming Direct X (halo,half-life,UT engin) then u have OpenGL (the quake engins 1-3 (4),doom3). OpenGL is much more agile grafic wise than Direct X
I find it difficult to understand your typing. Please try to use more grammar and better sentence construction; not everyone here is a native English speaker.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
McDougal

JCF Member

Jul 12, 2004, 05:48 PM
so 1 easy seen miss spell and a few periods and commas outa place makes hard reading? not every one can type perfect or make the sentence on the fly.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 03:17 AM
Newspaz
This message has been deleted by Newspaz.
Strato

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Jul 13, 2004, 04:50 PM
Even I can't understand what you're saying.
McDougal

JCF Member

Jul 13, 2004, 04:55 PM
ok. sorry. i guess i gave to much info.
do a websearch for info. see if you get more confused than just a basic and example of games using grafic interface.

JCF Member

Onag is doing well so far

Aug 3, 2004, 11:59 AM
Ninjajazz:

There is no such thing as a game programming language. There are programming languages that can be used to make games, but there are no programming languages specific to games.

C++ is by far the most common language used to program games. Buy this book: The C++ Programming Language or do a Google search for C++ Programming Tutorial.

You'll need to spend several hours familiarizing yourself with the language. Keep reading until you understand the full syntax and all of the following concepts:

• Abstraction
  • Multiple Inheritance
  • Interfaces

When you've mastered the C++ language, you can start learning the concepts of game programming. Do a Google search for Game Dev Enginuity and choose the first match.

This is the first of a series of tutorials on creating a basic game engine.

If you find yourself stuck, you probably didn't read the book. If you read the book and didn't understand it, read it again until you do.

There is no easy way to program a game.
  • __________________
    http://www.inocompany.com/