Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

Jazz Jackrabbit Freaks ID contest!

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

May 26, 2005, 01:25 AM
Jazz Jackrabbit Freaks ID contest!

The JJF, ( basically J2O's headquarters on DeviantArt ), is launching the first official club contest!

The purpose of this is to make a so-called DevID for the club.
That is a picture ( possibly animated ) that is shown underneath the journal of a gallery's main page, often containing at least the name of the artist, maybe a certain catchphrase and/or information on them, and, of course, a representative image.

The rules are as follows:

- The size isn't ultimately set, however, the width must not be larger than 400px at the max, something around 300 would likely be best.
The height shouldn't be greater than 500, however, keeping to this limit isn't as crucial as the one about width. Within these boundaries, knock yourselves out if you think you can make it look good.
- The image must contain at least Jazz, and should contain other characters as well for good measure. If you think you can make a good, representative ID without Jazz, good luck, but chances are it won't be accepted if it isn't representative enough.
- Working together with others is not only accepted, but encouraged. If you, for example, feel that you have a good idea and draw well, but can't work well with fancy Photoshop stuff to make it look good, find someone within the club ( or somewhere else ) to help you.
- Using original images from the game is accepted. However, you must give the original artist credit if you use them.
- Don't be too modest. Feel free to add a small own signature to your DevID. Just don't exaggerate it.
- This contest is not only for members only. But if you aren't a member and yet skilled in art, why AREN'T you one? >O
Members will have higher chances of having their entries accepted, by the way.

All entries will be judged by Dalspots, JSZ-Jazz and me.
The winner's ID will be the first upload to the gallery and become the official DevID ( unless we decide to hold another contest, which shouldn't happen for several months ).
We will also decide on a second place.
All entries, whether winning or not, will be uploaded to the club's gallery. Unless the creator states that they do not want that, which is okay.
The second place image will be uploaded last.
That way, until something else is uploaded to the gallery, it will show up on the main page as well, acting kind of like a second ID!

And finally, the deadline, which I foolishly forgot to add at first, is the 30th of June.
Meaning that it is the last chance to post stuff.

Well.. I know that that was a lot, so if you didn't understand something or still have questions, feel free to ask.

Okay then, I'm done. Have fun, everyone.

Last edited by Fawriel; May 26, 2005 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Forgot the deadline. >O
n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

May 26, 2005, 10:41 AM
I can help anyone who is interested, I have good photoshop skills, but my drawing ability stops at my elbow.
Alex

May 27, 2005, 11:32 PM
im bad at both, I cant draw, and my photoshop skill are none (guess, you dont need photoshop if you cant draw.)