Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Complaints

ShadeJackrabbit ShadeJackrabbit's Avatar

JCF Member

ShadeJackrabbit is doing well so far

Oct 17, 2005, 02:34 PM
I take it we can post because this topic isn't locked. I have noticed that a certain few have been buggin, 1 as far as harrasing me whenever I post. Why has nothing been done about it when it is obvious and they have been asked to stop?

< Note: This thread was split from another thread. The title can be changed if the author wishes. -Link >

Stop talking sense, this is an internet argument. ~Doubble Dutch

Last edited by Link; Oct 18, 2005 at 08:01 AM.

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Oct 18, 2005, 06:20 AM
Alright, I'm stopping being hostile towards Zapper PUBLICALLY because I ended up being just like one of the hostile people who hypothetically killed the JMMB, and obviously if this place would die then I would have nowhere to go on the internet.

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Oct 18, 2005, 07:56 AM
A quick look at some threads reveals that this has indeed been a problem. I don't visit those forums, normally, so I would be uncomfortable doing something at this point, but you could try contacting administrators/moderators who are active in those forums (Fquist maybe?). If you think that an individual post should have something done about it, you can also use the "Report" feature.

That said, there are very few guidelines in place for how to deal with trolling. The administration agrees that it is a problem, but we haven't really decided on how to deal with it. This is maybe why more has not been done in cases like these.
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Oct 18, 2005, 07:51 PM
I've been mostly unavailable the past week, which is why I did not see it and did stop it and I also do not have the resources to deal with this right now in a careful enough way (I´ve, like Link, missed the context too). You should know that some posts might go unnoticed at times and that when you think a post has not been dealt with that should´ve been dealt with, that you can always PM the active moderators or administrators or use the report button. Do never assume the administrators are omnipotent, even though some (Derby!) might seem to be sometimes. A little help from users in moderating will speed up things.

I also agree with Link on the trolling. At a first quick sight it seems that it´s not something I´d immediately remove because it seems not to be a direct personal attack. If it´s systematic (you claim it is? can you cite more threads?) a user might be given a warning for systematicly being a negative contribution to the forum.

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Oct 19, 2005, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fquist
... Do never assume the administrators are omnipotent, even though some (Derby!) might seem to be sometimes. A little help from users in moderating will speed up things...
Shouldn't that be "omnipresent"?

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Oct 19, 2005, 04:16 AM
I've tried standing up for Zapper in the past, in his .j2e maker thread, because I didn't like the way people were treating him (but, honestly, we are not actually close friends at all).

This doesn't appear to be a serious matter, nor has it been continuing for a long time, but we should put a stop to it anyway. In fact, it has probably already been stopped after the creation of this thread.

PS. Being omnipotent means that you are able to become omnipresent.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Oct 19, 2005, 04:32 AM
If Derby was omnipotent, he could cause people to go "beep" whenever they say a bad word.. in real life. D=

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Oct 19, 2005, 06:38 AM
Am I the only one who thought about something dirty when hearing "omnipotent"? ;o

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Oct 20, 2005, 12:27 AM
Nope. =)

JCF Member

MoonBlazE is an asset to this forum

Oct 20, 2005, 12:40 AM
Stupid kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disguise View Post
*sings*
YOU AND ME BABY ARE NOTHING BUT MAMMALS LA LA LALAL LA LA ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL!!!

JCF Member

Oct 20, 2005, 05:48 AM
It's not like there is any need to take that seriously... :-/

JCF Member

Oct 20, 2005, 08:18 AM
It's still not fun when you get bullied all the time. I know how that is from real life.

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

Oct 20, 2005, 04:50 PM
Zapper, that second one was directed at me being offtopic.
It seems you are over reacting.
EDIT- Oh, and how was blacky's post offensive?
EDIT2- (1). Also two wrongs don't make a right, being annoying back just goes on to you adding on to the problem.

< Inappropriate comment removal. -Link >

Last edited by Link; Oct 20, 2005 at 05:19 PM.

Untitled

Oct 20, 2005, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle
It's not like there is any need to take that seriously... :-/
Their words may not have been serious, but their intent certainly was.

I'm not sure if any punishment will be given, but I have deleted all of the offending posts and their replies from the Jazz X wish list thread. That seemed to be the worst out of those linked here.

If something similar had happened in Misc (which I visit regularly), I would have deleted them without being prompted. This does not set a precedent. Also, though I sympathize with ZAPPER, the posts were not deleted based on my personal opinion. They were deleted, as with all trolling, because they detract from the forum's quality and undermine the actual purposes of a thread.
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Oct 20, 2005, 05:34 PM
I'm getting errors viewing the links here. And I'm curious as to what I said was offensive.

JCF Member

Oct 21, 2005, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
Their words may not have been serious, but their intent certainly was.

I'm not sure if any punishment will be given, but I have deleted all of the offending posts and their replies from the Jazz X wish list thread. That seemed to be the worst out of those linked here.

If something similar had happened in Misc (which I visit regularly), I would have deleted them without being prompted. This does not set a precedent. Also, though I sympathize with ZAPPER, the posts were not deleted based on my personal opinion. They were deleted, as with all trolling, because they detract from the forum's quality and undermine the actual purposes of a thread.
Yes, let's remove all concentration camps too, that will solve everything, bring all the victims back and stuff

JCF Member

Oct 21, 2005, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
Zapper, that second one was directed at me being offtopic.
It seems you are over reacting.
EDIT- Oh, and how was blacky's post offensive?
EDIT2- (1). Also two wrongs don't make a right, being annoying back just goes on to you adding on to the problem.

< Inappropriate comment removal. -Link >
I would like you to bring up an example of Zapper being annoying to you (with link please).

And Gry, you can't compare that.

It's like bombing New York and then saying "Everybody deserves a second chance!".

JCF Member

Oct 21, 2005, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFreak
I would like you to bring up an example of Zapper being annoying to you (with link please).
Zapper threatened to become annoying... He hasn't been annoying yet.
Quote:
And Gry, you can't compare that.
I just did... There's no principal difference.
Quote:
It's like bombing New York and then saying "Everybody deserves a second chance!".
People that bombed other got a second chance... Are you saying that the people of N.Y. are of a greater value than those of other cities? Furthermore, that didn't really make sense ;S

JCF Member

Oct 21, 2005, 05:38 AM
First off, I didn't want to offend people in New York in anyway. I just picked the first city that came to mind.

Well, maybe that was a stupid example, but what I mean is that concentration camps are not the same as offending posts.

The posts were deleted so there isn't any further arguing and because it just doesn't belong to the topic.

A concentration camp is just, a different thing than a post in a forum.

JCF Member

ShadeJackrabbit is doing well so far

Oct 21, 2005, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraptor
I'm getting errors viewing the links here. And I'm curious as to what I said was offensive.
Quite simply:
You continued a fight by reporting me for no reason. At least, you didn't specify a reason. Just:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraptor
I report you to death. >:-(
Or something like that.

Stop talking sense, this is an internet argument. ~Doubble Dutch

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Oct 21, 2005, 01:32 PM
..that was not offensive, that was just silliness. You have much to learn, Zapper. I think relaxing would be a good first step. Mind Hanlon's razor. "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Not that most people here are stupid, but they tend to like to act like it.

Untitled

Oct 21, 2005, 02:19 PM
I am closing this thread because its original intent has been satisfied, and it is turning into an argument. From an administrator's point of view, the issue is finished, and further arguing about it is useless. If you have a comment about how it was dealt with, you may send me a private message.

It would be acceptable to discuss the issue of trolling on a general scale, as it is an ongoing problem here at the JCF, and I think the administration would be interested in user opinions. If someone would like to discuss this, they can create a new thread.
Closed Thread