Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2 In game console?

BlueDragon

JCF Member

BlueDragon is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2009, 12:52 AM
JJ2 In game console?

Well i know that every game should have something like a console but how could you unlock it in jj2 and is there evan one?

Im asking this from the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 point were the in game console was hacked.

So is there anyway to do this in jj2?

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 28, 2009, 12:53 AM
The closest you'll get is the "spy" window, which can be opened by running JJ2 with command-line argument "-spy".

JJ2+ enhances JJ2 to the point where the multiplayer chat feature basically becomes the console, coupled with the chat log window.
BlueDragon

JCF Member

BlueDragon is doing well so far

Nov 28, 2009, 01:03 AM
So there would be no way to "hack" the console?

And i know about the spy log window but its only a log and you cant enter any commands there.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Nov 28, 2009, 01:21 AM
I have no idea what you mean with "hack", but I'm quite sure the answer is "no" anyway.

JCF Member

Dermo should make better posts

Nov 28, 2009, 12:11 PM
my guess: he wants to use the console the same way a command line is used. He wants it to be possible to inject a command line into the console while the game is running. It's possible.

Do you like Stijn? Take my poll!

Windows is not a virus. A virus is small and efficient...

Note to Stijn: how am i even getting away with this

Administrator

Nov 28, 2009, 12:38 PM
Why don't you tell how then?

JCF Member

Nov 28, 2009, 01:06 PM
I didn't say easy. Just possible.

Administrator

Nov 28, 2009, 01:09 PM
Why don't you tell how then?

JCF Member

Nov 28, 2009, 10:23 PM
First off, I don't have to prove jack (-)(-)(-)(-) to you.

The command line is a string that is copied into the address space of current process, Stijn. From a Windows-view, the command line is just a convenient parameter to the startup code; its data (copied?) from the startup process. Changing it is simply done from the command prompt. Now shut up.

JCF Member

[GpW]Urbs is an asset to this forum

Nov 29, 2009, 12:54 AM
just play the game...

Gamer Pryde Worldwide

Administrator

Nov 29, 2009, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermo View Post
First off, I don't have to prove jack (-)(-)(-)(-) to you.

The command line is a string that is copied into the address space of current process, Stijn. From a Windows-view, the command line is just a convenient parameter to the startup code; its data (copied?) from the startup process. Changing it is simply done from the command prompt. Now shut up.
In this thread, someone asks how he can enable the commandline. That kind of implies that he'd like someone to give him instructions as he can't figure out how to do it himself. Then you come in claiming it's certainly possible, without telling him how, and refuse to do so when first asked. Which basically gives an impression of a rather misplaced feeling of superiority.

I barely play the game so I couldn't care less whether you tell me how to enable the console. Given the fact that this is a thread where someone asks how to enable the console though, it's rather rude and infuriating to tell him it's possible but not tell him how to do it.

Of course you could also just be trolling.
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Dec 5, 2009, 12:07 PM
hahaha poser hackers/nerds ftl.
Ninja

JCF Member

Ninja is an asset to this forumNinja is an asset to this forum

Dec 5, 2009, 12:08 PM
omg what a noob.