Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » JCS & Scripting

Prices

The Hye Circus

JCF Member

The Hye Circus has disabled reputation

Oct 21, 2002, 08:40 PM
Prices

Whats a good price for wepon power-ups? I have every wepon power-up just waiting for you, but I don't know how much they should go for. Yes I do have a TNT one, just no power-ups.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 21, 2002, 08:58 PM
It all depends on how easy to it is to get money. For example, if there's a huge bank with lots of free money, remove it before you start thinking about prices.

JCF Member

The Hye Circus has disabled reputation

Oct 21, 2002, 09:07 PM
Thoughts

Lets assume we have five 1 dollar coins at 31 seconds nearby, and a few higher coins scattered out farther. I'm bad with coins.
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Trafton AT is doing well so far

Oct 22, 2002, 05:29 AM
It depends on the level's size. Play it for a while with test prices and see which are best. Playing levels is the only way to improve them.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Oct 22, 2002, 05:50 AM
It all depends on the current state of the market.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 22, 2002, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Spaztic
It all depends on the current state of the market.
No, no, no.
First you have to calculate the P/E ratio for stock shares of your Jazz 2 hotel. Then divide it by the current price. Adjust the ratio in order to effect yearly income and profits, and then divide randomly using gibberish pseudo-financial terminology. Then hit yourself with a fish, and you're all set.

-Trafton
Financial advisor from Heck
n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Oct 22, 2002, 07:00 AM
Not quite.
You forgot the step where you slam your head into the keyboard, right before you slap yourself with a fish. Oh, and you forgot to multiply it by the cosine of pie.

Seriously, It matters how many coins there are, and how fast they regenerate, and how close to each other they are, and how hard they are to get. Then you multiply by the cosine of pie.

`N0

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Oct 22, 2002, 09:06 AM
This idiotic post brought to you via boredom in Microsoft Office class:

Establish the x,y coordinates of every coin in your level. Lets say you have the following coordinates for coins:

(15, 10) = silver coin
(201, 48) = silver coin
(59, 79) = gold coin

Now find the distance between every possible combination of coins. If one of the 2 coordinates you are finding the distance of contains a gold coin, then divide the quotient by 5. Use this formula for finding distance:

y1^2 - y2^2 / x1^2 - x2^2 = distance
If (x1, y1) or (x2, y2) = gold coin then distance = distance / 5

After you have done this with every possible combination of coordinates, look and see which is the lowest number and round it to the nearesest whole number. Then take that number and multiply it by the number of coins in the level (remember to count a gold coin as 5!!!!11 dog.) The product of this is how much your coins are "worth".

Now get the x,y coordinates of your Warp that needs coins and us the above distance formula to calculate how far the Warp is from the farthest Silver/Gold coin. If x is higher than y, subtract y from x, and vice versa. If x and y are equal, your level will not work and running the level may erase your hard drive!!1 Now compare the difference of the distance of the Warp and the farthest Coin, and divide this number by how much your coins are "worth". After that, round to the nearest whole number. If your quotient is less than 1, start over because your math is wrong. Now, the quotient of the "worth" of your coins divided by the difference of you x and y coordinates from the Warp to the farthest coin rounded to the nearest whole number is how many coins you should have the Warp worth.

Confused? Use this formula:

aLogb^c + 19e = Coins(Worth).

Now that that's cleared up I'm going to sleep at my desk.
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
Trafton AT

JCF Member

Oct 22, 2002, 11:13 AM
Wow.

Spaztic's formula actually works and it works very well. o.o

That's assuming you have any idea what he's talking about, which I barely have. ;-P

*Kills his 7th grade math book.*

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 22, 2002, 12:43 PM
SERIOUSLY!

If you have these nearby generating coins at 31 delay which you don't have to do anything to get and I disapprove of....

Blaster: 50
Bouncy: 25
Ice: 15
Seekers: 50
RF: 40
Toaster: 40
TNT: 15
Pepper: 15
Electro Blaster: 15
is one possible set. Take note I never have tried to make a powerup system, as it makes it too easy to get weapons, so this is probably inaccurate.

You might want to raise or lower things depending on how the level is built, especially for bouncy.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Oct 24, 2002, 04:40 AM
No TNT powerup? But the TNT powerup is awesome!

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.