Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Maintenance & Feedback » Site and Forum Rules, Questions & Feedback

Communism?

JCF Member

Hybrid is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 02:34 PM
Communism?

Is it just me or has the administration become more communist lately? I'm not tring to PA anybody or anything so please read with an open mind.

I've noticed that recently people's post have been getting deleted more than usual. Now it could just be my imagination, but wern't deleted posts kinda rare a few months ago? Sure, it could just be bad posts, but this many? I got a post deleted in the (hair ) topic just because I slightly went off-topic. I was trying to make a point, not change the subject, but now my whole post is gone

Didn't the administration used to edit our topics when we went off-topic? My post could have been edited because, I only had one statement which I used as a comparison, that made it off topic. Even in the 'Gas prices' topic by Tubz, alot of posts were deleted. It's a shame that they did because it wasn't really necessary IMO.

This forum used to be funny and enjoyable, but now it seems to have taken a turn for the worst. I never saw a new policy by the administration saying that posts would be deleted instead of edited, so I am left in the dark here.

Trafton

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Jul 5, 2005, 02:36 PM
Yes, lately I have noticed the administration is redistributing wealth quite a lot.

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 02:36 PM
I demand that the admins stop sharing all of the resources equally.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>

JCF Member

Alister is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 02:41 PM
I especially hate how they try to overthrow capitalism in other forums.

JCF Member

Hybrid is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 02:43 PM
lol

not in that aspect, I mean how Communists are like, "you do what we say or we kill you"

Trafton

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2005, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid
lol

not in that aspect, I mean how Communists are like, "you do what we say or we kill you"
That has little to do with communism; that is just a typical result of communism, with is authoritarianism. I think the term you are looking for is "fascism."

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Jul 5, 2005, 02:51 PM
Isn't that more like an authoritarian trait in general rather than a communist one?

As for deleting posts, we've got a new policy indeed where posts that really don't add to threads (for example, fights between users) and make threads turn for the worse are deleted (with explaination - which is visible since a while). However, If you see deleted posts which you think were deleted for a bad reason, or for which insufficient explaination was given, feel free to post a link and a complaint. We should obviously be very careful with deleting posts, and if we're careless somewhere, we're open to (constructive) criticism about it. I myself would not mind some more constructive criticism at all (a problem, I think, is that a lot of criticism levelled at us is generally not helpful or does not argue well).

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jul 5, 2005, 02:59 PM
Even ignoring the blatant (albeit commonly american) mistake, I don't think your grievances hold up well. If you know the history of the jj2 forums, there seems to be a recurring theme of "omg the admins are fascist and delete everything and omg what about free speech". I was an advocate for this at some points, as well. But really, the forums are well maintained compared to a lot of other relatively active forums out there. I don't think there is a real problem with how things are being run at this point.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>
Trafton

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2005, 03:24 PM
I agree with Spaztic. We've had, as long as I can remember, topics like this every few months. Either the JCF has had a linear progression toward being fascist (which when comparing the JCF now with the JCF of a few years ago doesn't quite follow) or it's a matter of ebb and flow. I think the latter is the case. It may seem like it, but I doubt there is much of a change from week to week.

And it certainly hasn't ruined anything - arguably, the posts being deleted are doing the most damage.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jul 5, 2005, 04:19 PM
I demand this thread be edited for being insulting towards communists.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jul 5, 2005, 04:36 PM
Imo, there was nothing wrong about the idea of communism (as far as I know of it). It just ended up being pulled off badly.

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2005, 04:52 PM
The deleted posts part of this topic is a more constructive discussion subject than the communism subject..

Spotify.fm

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 05:46 AM
The reason it seems like more posts are getting deleted now is possibly that deleted posts are visible now. A few days ago I wondered if deleting your own posts is some sort of a new "trend", just because I saw quiet a lot of them.

Apart from that, what is the difference between editing and deleting?

Of course, if only one part of your post is badly offtopic editing would be a better solution, but there is no reason to complain about deleting fully off-topic posts if you ask me.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jul 6, 2005, 05:51 AM
OMG BRAINWASHER MAD SKILLZ HAX

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2005, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFreak
The reason it seems like more posts are getting deleted now is possibly that deleted posts are visible now. A few days ago I wondered if deleting your own posts is some sort of a new "trend", just because I saw quiet a lot of them.

Apart from that, what is the difference between editing and deleting?

Of course, if only one part of your post is badly offtopic editing would be a better solution, but there is no reason to complain about deleting fully off-topic posts if you ask me.
Read my post. The deleting of offtopic posts is new policy. Because we thought it would be fair to show deleted posts if we had this policy, we decided we should show deletion notices. Before this policy non-double-posts were barely ever deleted.

The difference between editing and deleting is that, with editing, the non-bad parts of a post are still visible. Deleting deletes an entire post, without removing the post text from the db itself, which is more suitable for posts that don't add to the topic. They just disappear.

Spotify.fm

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Jul 6, 2005, 05:57 PM
Link for one deletes lots of posts, but shows reasons. Which makes it more interesting, now I want to see what a deleted topic looks like. Posts are getting mad deleted in the GJ2T forum. None of my posts have been deleted I think, communism ehh, now that's a joke. Not the right type of topic title. Although it got me attracted to this topic, lol.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
Nitro

JCF Member

Nitro is doing well so far

Aug 3, 2005, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid
I got a post deleted in the (hair ) topic just because I slightly went off-topic. I was trying to make a point, not change the subject, but now my whole post is gone
you sound like someone died.

JCF Member

Crono5 is doing well so far

Aug 3, 2005, 08:07 PM
I've been saying this for years! It's been gradually getting worse and now even the ignorant masses are noticing! DDL was right all along you fools! We tried to warn you but you didn't listen and now you're paying the price!!!

Disclaimer: No, I'm not trying to start a revolution or revive DDL, I'm mainly just joking around, however DDL was founded because of the facist attitudes of the administration here and a find ironic that people are finally starting to notice.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

Aug 3, 2005, 10:31 PM
DDL was always garbage, what a joke.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Aug 3, 2005, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono5
I've been saying this for years! It's been gradually getting worse and now even the ignorant masses are noticing! DDL was right all along you fools! We tried to warn you but you didn't listen and now you're paying the price!!!

Disclaimer: No, I'm not trying to start a revolution or revive DDL, I'm mainly just joking around, however DDL was founded because of the facist attitudes of the administration here and a find ironic that people are finally starting to notice.
Oh, we've always been "noticing". It's just that a lot of us also noticed that it's bull/they don't care.