Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Dual Monitors

VashTheStampede VashTheStampede's Avatar

JCF Member

VashTheStampede is doing well so far

Feb 9, 2005, 01:15 PM
Dual Monitors

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how to set this up using only one card.

i have an ATI Radeon 9550 (that has dual monitor support) which has a DVI-I input, an S-Video input and a standard VGA input.

i know they make DVI-I to VGA adapters, my question is simply will it work if i connect another monitor into my video card?

[JxFhGo9w34865tRh!!!!!] - sÀlÄmÃnDèRDM

Stealth Admin

Torkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legendTorkell is a forum legend

Feb 9, 2005, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VashtheStampede
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about how to set this up using only one card.

i have an ATI Radeon 9550 (that has dual monitor support) which has a DVI-I input, an S-Video input and a standard VGA input.
You mean outputs.

Quote:
i know they make DVI-I to VGA adapters, my question is simply will it work if i connect another monitor into my video card?
Usually. Not all DVI connectors are wired for analog video as well. If it is, then all you need is to plug in the second monitor and then start your pc - it should be autodetected. You can either set up the dual monitor with windows, you can use ATI's own utility (Hydravision I think).

I'm currently running a dual monitor setup here with a GeForce 4 Ti4600. The card has dual DVI out, so I'm using a pair of DVI-to-VGA adapters. With nVidia you can either use the nView utilities (which give you clone or span options), or you can switch it into Dualview which treats the multiple outputs as separate graphics cards. Which one you go for is up to you.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Feb 9, 2005, 03:09 PM
My 9550 came with a DVI to VGA convertor. So I guess you'll be quite safe.

JCF Member

Xtreem has disabled reputation

Feb 22, 2005, 03:20 AM
you will probly do this the same way as i do with my ATI Radion 9600xt so ill explane how i do it.

Just connect another monitor to the DVI-I Output or connect your TV to the S-Video output.

Then right click on your desktop, click propoties and click the settings tab.
You should see you monitor and another grated out one, click on the grayed out one then check the box extend my windows desktop on to this monitor

and if all goes well you desktop should be extended on to your tv/monitor.

If you click advanced you can mess with it some settings like cloneing you desktop or which way it extends from (left or right)

Good luck, below is how it works out for me