Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Win XP Expert Needed

Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Spaz Boy is doing well so far

Dec 31, 2001, 05:13 PM
Win XP Expert Needed

Before I ever lower myself to Dell or Microsoft, I'm going to ask everyone else. Here's a start.

Problem A: The TaskBar Clock

I. I set the correct time, and it keeps the time correctly while I watch it.
II. Later one when I come back to the computer, the clock is horribly off.

I think what it does, is when a user logs off, it stops keeping time. (I guess this cuz Win XP is retarded.)

Problem B: IIS (Internet Information Services)

No more formal stuff. ;P

I installed IIS from the CD, and there is no startmenu, desktop shortcut, or anything availible. I thought IIS was like PWS Or Apache, was I wrong?

~SB

Help.

" don't question something made in Japan.. Cuz that will just lead to more questions.. just understand that it's a bag of hell and move on" -VeggieMan[GpW]

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

The AntiMcDonalds forums have turned into the JCF. Now includes the "spontaneous corrupt" feature.

(That was a fanchy smanchy way of saying that the forums are broked. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT TOO.)
ElectroPiZZa

JCF Member

ElectroPiZZa is doing well so far

Dec 31, 2001, 05:14 PM
Simple. Get off of Windows XP.
Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Dec 31, 2001, 05:17 PM
LoL

That's what I wanted to do. Geez, you reply fast, I had just clicked post when you replied. I can't switch from XP cuz it came on my computer, so I would have to format my HD. (Dell doesn't give you the uninstall)

~SB

" don't question something made in Japan.. Cuz that will just lead to more questions.. just understand that it's a bag of hell and move on" -VeggieMan[GpW]

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

The AntiMcDonalds forums have turned into the JCF. Now includes the "spontaneous corrupt" feature.

(That was a fanchy smanchy way of saying that the forums are broked. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT TOO.)

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Dec 31, 2001, 05:23 PM
So format your harddrive!!!

Uhm, get a new computer. XP is evil, with emphasis on evil. It is all evil, pure evil, nothing less, nothing more than evil, and I think you get my point. But it sure looks k3wl!
Old Dec 31, 2001, 05:26 PM
ElectroPiZZa
This message has been deleted by ElectroPiZZa.

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Dec 31, 2001, 05:29 PM
You stole my point. You are evil. XP is evil. YOU ARE XP!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 11111111111111

JCF Member

ElectroPiZZa is doing well so far

Dec 31, 2001, 05:30 PM
Oh. Okay.
Spaz Boy

JCF Member

Dec 31, 2001, 05:32 PM
New Forum Request

Can we have a:

"Windows XP and Electro PiZZa are evil especially because PiZZa is Windows XP, and Bill Gates made Windows XP so that it will crash your ICQ randomly."

BYe.

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

JCF member

Krezack has disabled reputation

Dec 31, 2001, 10:46 PM
You can't bobbing hexedit in XP you can't bobbing use progs that edit the memory of an app (that includes cataclysm etc) you can't edit the memory of an app! its sucks it all sucks!
"Are we not threatened with a flood of information? And is this not the monstrousness of it: that it crushes beauty by means of beauty, and annihilates truth by means of truth? For the sound of a million Shakespeares would produce the very same furious din and hubbub as the sound of a herd of prairie buffalo or sea billows."
—Stanisław Lem, Imaginary Magnitude (1973)
Teej

JCF Member

Teej is doing well so far

Jan 1, 2002, 07:39 AM
I know whats happening

The reason the time is always going wrong is your motherboard. It's on-board Battery is not working. It is supposed to charge up whenever it has the chance, but it's not doing that, so your clock is not staying set right. It happened on my old computer. You will have to get another motherboard (i think) unless you can somehow change the battery.

And i like Win XP
(once you make it look EXACTLY like Win ME/98/95, which i have, because Grey rocks, not blue and green, and the new start menu sucks)

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Jan 1, 2002, 02:19 PM
Well I'm not an expert on Windows XP (I don't even have it), but if you call Dell, they will tell you to format your computer and re-install everything. That is what they ALWAYS say, for every single thing. I would try calling Microsoft for support, as it is a Microsoft product and not a Dell thing.
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

JZBlue

JCF Member

JZBlue is doing well so far

Jan 1, 2002, 03:45 PM
Cool hm.. yea

IIS Services are under Administrative Tools in Settings...

(It's complicated things to use.. and windows XP is great - though I could do a lot less with the 'simplification' stuff it has, and it's new graphics- it's great for people who want to do complicated things )

JCF Member

Jan 2, 2002, 08:33 PM
Re: Link

WHAT!?!?!?! YOU WANT ME TO PAY $35 TO CALL MICROSOFT AND HAVE THEM TELL ME THAT I NEED TO GET A DECENT COMPTUER RATHER THAN MY STUPID DELL!? (90gb hd :P) BESIDES, I DUN WANNA REPLACE MY MOTHERBOARD!! ITS A NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Gah, screw XP.

~SB

^(For fun.)^

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Jan 2, 2002, 11:24 PM
1) If there's a suspend mode disable it and instead just remember to switch off your monitor when you get off.
2) Teej is right and it does sound like a battery problem... try running a program that ticks every second (or some kind of midi) and compare it to a bpm noise (one that's not a part of the computer) generator.
3) The CMOS is screwed.

It's actually quite easy to replace the battery, it's like replacing a battery on a watch. You just have to remember to ground yourself and read up on brain surgery.

JCF Member

?Sheepy-Sheep? is doing well so far

Jan 3, 2002, 06:56 PM
HA HA!

I can't belive that YOU of all ppl got XP!!
And you thought I had BAD luck...HA HA HA!!!!
Teej

JCF Member

Teej is doing well so far

Jan 4, 2002, 05:13 AM
Quote:
?Sheepy-Sheep? said: I can't belive that YOU of all ppl got XP!!
And you thought I had BAD luck...HA HA HA!!!!
For your information, XP is a very nice stable operating system. Anyway, it's the most up to date OS from Microsoft, so don't come crying to me when you can't get the latest updates because you are running something old.
JZBlue

JCF Member

JZBlue is doing well so far

Jan 4, 2002, 12:55 PM
Go TeeJ!

JCF Member

Jan 5, 2002, 09:22 AM
That is it...

Time to Call Up The Old Dell and Complain About My Computer Clock. I Wonder What Warranty I Got. Hehehehe, I hope it's onsite tech support. ;P THEN I CAN DRAG THEM ALL THE WAY OUT HERE TO REPLACE THE BATTERY THAT THEY MESSED UP!!! BWHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

~SB

LONG LIVE TEH SNUFUSS!