Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Super Mario Fusion Revival: Diamondus Level (by me)

D-TurboKiller

JCF Member

D-TurboKiller is doing well so far

Jul 13, 2010, 04:05 AM
Super Mario Fusion Revival: Diamondus Level (by me)

First of all, if you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the website:
EDIT: IPBFree went down yesterday (Forever), so here's the new forum link, as we had to start over:
http://s4.zetaboards.com/mkfusion/index/
Mushroom Kingdom Fusion is the main game, but Super Mario Fusion: Revival is also an important spin-off. And, by the way, the new playable SMF version's out, so you might want to check it out.

Jazz Jackrabbit Diamondus remake for Super Mario Fusion: Revival
(This forum really needs some YouTube integration in here)

From the description:
Code:
Estimated finishing time: less than 3 minutes
If you thought this was long gone, think again.
The canceled MKF level comes revamped for Super Mario Fusion. Diamondus is the very first planet you come across in Jazz Jackrabbit. Contrary to what you think, however, this level is much harder and includes only Mario-based enemies.
This is level 6-S1, it should be inspected and merged soon enough once all the necessary tweaks are made.
This is my first SMFR video, and as such, seeing this old level in 720p brings a tear to my eye. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making and playing it.
I think this is quite a nice gift for the community. At first I also wanted to make the level longer and even include JJ enemies, but considering they weren't that amazing (not to mention some of them huge) and could possibly make it less enjoyable for this type of game, I decided not to include them.

I also had my much older version of the level, for anyone who's interested. This one's the MKF version, it's quite long and the enemies are a total mashup, not to mention there was a slew of bugs, especially on the last part with the POWs, but here it is if you're curious enough:
(low FPS on Part 2, my lappy sucked back then)
Part 1
Part 2

If you're interested on these projects, keep checking the forums there for some nice goodies and info, though the forum's not quite as alive as this one and there's only a select few who come there a lot (like me, heh), though it's been more alive recently due to the influx of new players.
I'd definitely like to know what you guys think about this. It took me quite a while to finish it.

Turbo's YouTube channel
(Mostly MKF and SMF videos, sometimes old-school or modern gaming material)

Last edited by D-TurboKiller; Jul 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Aug 2, 2010, 04:23 AM
That looks fun, actually. I like the crazy mashup of all kinds of different videogames. The game's site is a bit confusing though, is there an easy way to install and play this?
D-TurboKiller

JCF Member

D-TurboKiller is doing well so far

Aug 17, 2010, 09:43 AM
Haven't been here in quite a while, but I hope I'm not too late.
It's not really a site, it's a forum since we never had the need for a snazzy website. Personally it's as organized as can be but there's a lot to it so I see what you mean.

Since you've been having a bit of trouble finding the download links, I'll post the important ones here.
MKF v0.4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vde5by
0.41 patch (includes previous fixes since 0.4, extract to the game folder): http://www.sendspace.com/file/9rg5p0
SMFR v0.1 (doesn't include the Diamondus level yet as the respective world isn't ready): http://www.mediafire.com/?mvjmzxwjjmm

Recently I've been assigned as an MKF Beta Tester, unfortunately I haven't had the patience to come back there (and here) since this August.
To be honest I'm lazy and frequently uninspired, so it takes a lot to boot myself up back to shape. But on the other hand, I've been trying the Alien Swarm SDK (you probably heard about it by now) so I'm learning the ropes of 3d level making as well; last time I did that was with Sauerbraten.
Hopefully I'll get something done in the meantime.

Turbo's YouTube channel
(Mostly MKF and SMF videos, sometimes old-school or modern gaming material)

JCF Member

TechnoPauluz is doing well so far

Aug 18, 2010, 10:56 AM
All that video's are really fun! Tip: Watch the others to