Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Jazz Jackrabbit coming to GBA????

Dark MooGoo

JCF Member

Dark MooGoo has disabled reputation

Oct 17, 2002, 02:50 PM
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Demo

Unfortunately, Haze's site isn't running and all the TSF download links I could find were pointing there.

If you're a Thanksgiving dinner, but you don't like the stuffing or the cranberry sauce or anything else, just pretend like you're eating it, but instead, put it all in your lap and form it into a big mushy ball. Then, later, when you're out back having cigars with the boys, let out a big fake cough and throw the ball to the ground. Then say, "Boy, these are good cigars!"
Faerin

JCF Member

Faerin is doing well so far

Oct 17, 2002, 03:20 PM
sry i meant are there any TSF demos still out there
Bartman

JCF Member

Bartman is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2002, 02:47 AM
BIG NEWS EVERYONE!

http://www.planetgamecube.com/specia...profile&id=356

This page has an interview with the people behind Jazz GBA. Here's a lowdown as to whats up with the game:

The game's based on Jazz in an older life, he now works for R.A.B.T.

Dark Shell is NOT Devan Shell, instead is some other person that you'll have to read the thing for...

Spaz and Lori are unfortunatley, not playable at all so far. However Spaz will be in the game as an NPC. At least he is in there...

The game features Single cart link-up mode for multiplayer.

Cliffy B is behind this game, so it's definatley not entirely Game Titans fault for the new Jazz =B

There could be past Jazz references...

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Oct 20, 2002, 02:50 AM
Interesting. For more info, read it

But I want to say they even misspelled Devans name, or there must be some weird unknown enemy called Devon.

"Besides Jazz let's his gun do most of his talking." <-- So it's gonna have more... action? Or something.

"This game parodies everything from popular science fiction to video games themselves." <-- Han Solo explained, altough I'm not satisfied with this. His new look still sucks.

"He has evolved and grown up. He now works for R.A.B.T. and is required to dress for protocol." <-- That explains the new look better, altough I still hate it. What's R.A.B.T. anyway?

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2002, 02:56 AM
Oooh,an interesting interview indeed!
Great research,Bartman!^-^

The game seems much more interesting to me now...
But one thing is really bad at this interview...
They called Devan"Devon Shell"!XD
OMG!

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Oct 20, 2002, 03:59 AM
I think it's pretty clear now that Jeh isn't the person that should die. It's CliffyB.

CLIFFYB MUST DIE

JCF Veteran

FreeLance is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2002, 10:27 AM
Quote:
PGC: Will Jazz be revisiting any locales from the previous games?

Eric: Not really, but I believe Dark Shell has a fondness though for some of the old collectibles that belonged to Devon so some similarities will appear.
I'm going to guess that the Devon part was a misspell on the interviewer/PGC's part. But umm...what about the Hell level? And the Colonius underground shot?

Either way, this has really made me feel better. The only thing I don't get is they say it's -after- JJ2...it seems to me that after JJ2 he would be a prince, and not change much. But other than that, if it's afterwards, why younger? Still, I'm not bothered. I realize that this is more what Cliffy had in mind, and that's cool.

JCF Member

Oct 20, 2002, 01:31 PM
It stays a star wars rip off. And I think RABT is just some silly excuse. I just happen to think that this company, is somewhat afraid to have a character not wearing clothes.
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Oct 20, 2002, 04:06 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
However Spaz will be in the game as an NPC
YEEESSS!!!! Happy days are here again... I just hope they don't turn him into a Wookie like I worried about earlier.
But then, there ARE some dissadvantages to being an NPC...

"(Sigh) Times are TOUGH..."
-Times-are-Tough guy (That's all he says.)
RPG world

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

Oct 21, 2002, 01:57 PM
Well, it's nice to have some things cleared up. But it's a shame we're probabaly not gonna see Diamondous, Tubelectric or Medivo in this game (not many previous locales from the other games). I was sort of hoping for at LEAST Diamondous to be replicated for GBA but oh well. My image of this game is a little better now. I REALLY hope they don't mess Spaz up. Shame Lori isn't going to appear at all. Hmm...so now Jazz is a Star Wars parody...what's next? Lori Croft? Maybe they can bring Devan back as a hidden boss or some sort of cameo? I'm not gonna complain (as much) anymore, but I still prefer Jazz's old look. I'm gonna relax now.
*Sits back and awaits the impending Lucasarts lawsuit*

Oh and I don't think Game Titan is afraid of putting a naked rabbit in their game. SEGA did it with Sonic and I've never heard of anyone complaining about that HE'S AN ANIMAL NOT A HUMAN!

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Oct 21, 2002, 02:10 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepa...sp?gameId=1518

It is at least on there now, and the release date says November 2002.
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt

Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Oct 24, 2002, 12:04 PM
Well, that article makes me feel a bit better about the game, and it certainly clears a lot of things up.

I was right all along, Dark is not Dev[b]a[/n]n. (He only has a different name and looks different!)

I kindof like some of the ideas, multiple weapons, multiplayer, story, etc. However, I don't think that would be Jazz in the future, I liked the idea of the past better (or his son.)

Kind of strange that the release date is so close and we haven't heard anything about this game until just recently, though. Most games are announced nearly a year or more before they are released, and previewed a few months before release. It strikes me as a little odd that this one is so sudden.

Anyway, looking forward to it. (Crosses fingers that it won't be a let down or an embarassment.)

AJ2f

(Still don't like the new look of Jazz, though.)

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Oct 24, 2002, 02:16 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
Kind of strange that the release date is so close and we haven't heard anything about this game until just recently, though. Most games are announced nearly a year or more before they are released, and previewed a few months before release. It strikes me as a little odd that this one is so sudden.
Personally, I think some of the games that go by with the least amount of publicity are the best(Examples: Mole Mania, Rocket:Robot on wheels, and Wonder Project J.), but even THEY get SOME recognition, and I can't even find Jazz Advanced on the release list at the store now when it's about to hit stores... Made me kind of suspicious as to how far they expect this new rabbit to travel...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.

JCF Member

Oct 24, 2002, 02:40 PM
I think it is strange that the game takes place in Jazz's early adulthood after he has evolved etc. However it is pretty clear that Jazz already is in his early adulthood.

It is clear that the makers of this game didn't take a good look at the story. CliffB should be ashamed.
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Oct 24, 2002, 03:22 PM
Yeah, really, Jazz is quite mature enough during JJ1. To be more so he would have to be, what, middle-aged? And why does the new green bunny look so young and childish? A side-effect from all that time-traveling during JJ2?

Batty: The game might be good or bad, but little to no publicity for any game is a death wish. We learned the lesson with our own JJ2, which got rave reviews and loyal fans (us all), yet didn't do well because of the lack of any form of publicity.

AJ2f

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Oct 25, 2002, 01:53 AM
So the next Jazz game after the one on the GBA, if it ever comes out, will feature an old Jazz with a beard?

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Oct 25, 2002, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fl@$h
So the next Jazz game after the one on the GBA, if it ever comes out, will feature an old Jazz with a beard?
That would be sweet...Jazz with a ghotee. Or Gandalf Jazz. Interesting.
&lt;table width=&quot;100%&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td valign=&quot;top&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.jj2.info&quot; title=&quot;waaaait&quot; style=&quot;font-size: 14pt;font-family: Verdana;text-decoration: none;&quot;&gt;penny on the train track&lt;/a&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/tickbot.html&quot;&gt;readme&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/quote.html&quot;&gt;quotes&lt;/a&gt; - &lt;a href=&quot;/junk/tick/rsg.html&quot;&gt;formats&lt;/a&gt; - are you brained? *\o/*&lt;/td&gt;&lt;td width=&quot;1%&quot; align=&quot;right&quot;&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Oct 25, 2002, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fl@$h
Rabbits don't grow beards.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Oct 26, 2002, 01:03 AM
Yes, well, they don't carry guns around, either..

JCF Member

Paul is doing well so far

Oct 26, 2002, 06:43 AM
well...

if you want publicity, go to your local babbages (or whatever you have) and ask about JJ:GBA. Seriously, that's the way to get it done. Bring your friends with you. Better yet, stagger your visits so it is impressed in the mind of the clerk/manager.

Person 1 walks in, finds manager : "Hey, do you know anything about Jazz Jackrabbit GBA? Will you have it when it comes out? Can I preorder?"
Manager: "Hmm..I don't know. Sign up for our newsletter and we'll get back to you!"

.5 hours later, person two walks in, repeat.

This sort of thing works because Babbages and similar video game stores are the engine of sales : if they think a game will be big they're going to order lots of it and give it good shelf space. And the way to make them think it's going to be big is by asking for it.

Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi (1550-1622)

-Paul

Proudly 7th to register. (:
Paul

JCF Member

Paul is doing well so far

Oct 26, 2002, 06:50 AM
also...

To : orders@gamestop.com

Subject : Jazz Jackrabbit GBA

I'm wondering about the upcoming Gameboy Advance title Jazz Jackrabbit. Will you stock it, when, and will I be able to preorder? (:

-Paul

-----------------------

Try stuff like this. Try not to copy my letter *exactly* if you do. (;

Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi (1550-1622)

-Paul

Proudly 7th to register. (:
Bartman

JCF Member

Bartman is doing well so far

Oct 30, 2002, 06:26 PM
Good news folks!

www.ignpocket.com has a little footage of the game running in action. It shows off mostly the level with the Castle and the hell tile sets...in fact, the levels have both sets mixed with each other!

Strange as it may be...go take a gander...

JCF Éminence Grise

Oct 30, 2002, 08:04 PM
To be exact, http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaP...azz+Jackrabbit

(that is SUCH a long URL)

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Nov 1, 2002, 12:58 AM
Looks interesting. The castle set is back, the music is kinda weird though. The baddies look rather interesting, firing missiles and breathing fire. The sounds are surprisingly good too.

Of course, I still think the old Jazz look is cooler, and his new blaster seems wimpy.
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Nov 12, 2002, 11:24 AM
More videos. Come on peeps, everyone is capable of searching for stuff! Anyway, one shows him switching guns and a snowy tileset. The other I saw before (Castle tileset). The gameplay doesn't seem to resemble Jazz much.

AJ2f

JCF Éminence Grise

Nov 12, 2002, 12:48 PM
Weird sounds. I'll have to get Quicktime sometime so I can watch the movies, I guess.

JCF Member

Nov 12, 2002, 12:54 PM
Re: also...

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
To : orders@gamestop.com

Subject : Jazz Jackrabbit GBA

I'm wondering about the upcoming Gameboy Advance title Jazz Jackrabbit. Will you stock it, when, and will I be able to preorder? (:

-Paul

-----------------------

Try stuff like this. Try not to copy my letter *exactly* if you do. (;

I don't actually see why anyone would want to support this game but...
VeggieMan

JCF Member

VeggieMan is doing well so far

Nov 12, 2002, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Spaztic
That would be sweet...Jazz with a ghotee. Or Gandalf Jazz. Interesting.
It would be even better if Jazz was a pimp.

L33T
LIEK
JEFF K.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Nov 12, 2002, 06:27 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Um... This isn't really a complaint- more like an observation, but does anyone notice that Jazz's default gun sounds and looks kind of like a taser?

(EDIT) And what's up with his death animation. It looks like he yawns in the middle of being sprawled over dead.
... And as for that Flattening-out-when-falling-from-a-great-hight thing... I'm not even going to go there.

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.

Last edited by Batty Buddy; Nov 12, 2002 at 07:12 PM.

Tags
fix0rs teh jazz jackrabbit, legend