Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Grentenus invasion

View Poll Results: What do you think of this story
Its the best, quallity of a short novel 0 0%
Its ok, nice to read 4 66.67%
Could be better 1 16.67%
Bad, very Bad 0 0%
Why did you even bother posting this, its absolute garbage, you can't write stories if your alien life depended on it! 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

ET'

JCF Member

ET' is doing well so far

Dec 16, 2001, 03:10 AM
Arrow Grentenus invasion

Hi Everyone, I'm ET, some of you might have heard of me, anyway folks, I would like the share a story with you all when I was exploring other planets in search of life. If we were to find none, we would set up the planet for tournaments, duels and all sorts of competions. Anyway, I want to tell you all about a little secret that happend when I landed on one of the planets, we called it Grentenus

When we landed on this planet, we saw no life, so we immediately set up our HQ. Apart from a few vine like things being in the way, this planet would be perfect for rabbit life. We sent out 20 or so rabbits to check for any old civilisations that might be left here, that we could steal minerals from, sadly
those rabbits never returned.

I personally went in search of these rabbits with 2 commando rabbits, when suddenly we were attacked by vines that shot out from the ground. They grabbed our feet and pulled our blasters away from us. I was separated from my companions and dragged to a cave where I, with a lot of other rabbits, was cocooned with vines so that I couldn't move. Somehow, using my mind, I managed to weaken the cocoon, and break out, but the other rabbits that were cocooned had cracked open, and these green eyed rabbits that came out, were looking at me. One of them communicated in my head, I discovered that they could do this to me because I was half one of them because when I was in the cocoon, some of my body parts had been invaded. The voice in my head said, he isn't fully one of us, kill him.

After running as fast as I could, I managed to escape and find my blaster on the ground. After reloading it, I turned around and showed them how little of my green side was left, by blastering them to green (stuff).

Ever since that day, I have had two sides. My normal side, and my green side, have fought and fought, and I feel I'm not a full rabbit. Every now and again, my green side takes over
and I lose control. I start killing other rabbits, but I often get control back after a few minutes. As sad as it is, there has still been no medication for it. We still managed to set up some small areas for battles, by flaming the vines and having torches near by, these vine creatures seem to have been scared by these, it must have had somthing to do with the heat. Anyway, I better return to HQ, we've spotted another planet that seems to be 50 % water with a small atmosphere of oxygen. We may be able to weaken the oxygen with the negyxo 2010. Anyway, I better go, my ships leaving in 2 octo hours, We have many packages to load onto the ship. Anyway, thanks for listening

Derby: Context/Questionable context edit.

Last edited by Derby; Dec 18, 2001 at 05:46 PM.

JCF member

Krezack has disabled reputation

Dec 16, 2001, 03:29 AM
GOOD TO SEE YOU FINALY BOTHERED TO SHOW UP
"Are we not threatened with a flood of information? And is this not the monstrousness of it: that it crushes beauty by means of beauty, and annihilates truth by means of truth? For the sound of a million Shakespeares would produce the very same furious din and hubbub as the sound of a herd of prairie buffalo or sea billows."
—Stanisław Lem, Imaginary Magnitude (1973)