Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

The Imadii Saga

DrJones

Blue Moderator

DrJones is notorious for his worthless posts

Mar 30, 2001, 05:40 AM
Yes, I'm reposting this story, maybe I'll continue it after all?

Prologue

Lord Iago sat in his office, which was located at the top of the tower in the capital city MyaMon of the planet Iag 1.Looking over the last plans for before the departure to Carrotus, he glanced at the small digigraph on his desk. Onthe picture two Imadii children were shows, a girl and a boy, both smiling happily and between them was Iagohimself, youger and smiling as well, his black and grey fur more shiny, his green eyes happy. He thought about hischildren...Mya and Monco, killed by that renegade rabbit...

He came to Iaga 1 as a guest, the capital city was then called Iove, named after the Great One. He was a well built rabbit, strong and level headed, but after a few days things went sour, and then the trouble began...He apparently had trouble with the law and that one day he killed my children...He took them hostage, and got away, from the whole planet. But he killed them in the process...the slaved ship that he put them in, crashed, because he had to do some stunt flying, the computer in the slaved ship was not able to keep up.

He took a deep breath, and felt calmer after a moment. He continued looking at the reports: All troops were in full readiness and onboard the Suppressorclass starship, the ‘Vengeance’ and the accompanying ships. The squadrons of Razors, Shrieks, Sharks and even the experimental Scythes. Yes, this force will guarantee him the defeat of the rabbits. Just as he finished browsing through the reports, the double doors to his office opened and a young male walked in.

"Come in, Ma’Kir, what brings you here?" Iago motioned toward the seat in front of his desk.

The young Imadii sat down, his blue and white fur hidden by the pale blue uniform, bearing the Commander insignia.

"All forces are ready for departure, lord Iago. As am I." He said in a clear voice, radiating energy,

He looked anxious, which Iago appreciated. Though Ma’Kir was sometimes a bit impulsive and impatient, even now he could see his ears moving about in anxiety.

"Very well, let us go then, we will give the rabbits what they deserve." Iago said as he stood up, shut down his desk and went for the door, followed by Ma’Kir.

As they walked along the corridor, toward the transport, which would bring them to the spaceport, Iago thought of every detail again. Noticing that he forgot nothing, he smiled, even his special plan was in motion, which guaranteed victory should anything happen.

He chuckled, feeling happy for one moment, which quickly faded into grief and anger...

He would get his vengeance, no matter what.

Jazz Jackrabbit ran through the castle corridors, the reason for this was his wife’s mother calling, Queen Earlong.

He never felt comfortable when he was around the old woman, she always managed to shatter his confidence and make

him feel uneasy. This wasn’t because she yelled all the time, but because every time she looked at him, she visibly

disapproved of him. Eva, on the other hand, had no trouble with her mother, they always got along.

Jazz was glad Eva wasn’t like her mother, he could see Eva loved him, even if she had to put her foot down sometimes, or call the guards to drag him out of the War Tavern when he was too drunk to go home by himself. But in the end, Eva loved Jazz, and he loved he more than he could love any bunny.

When, a few years ago, Lori popped up from nowhere, Jazz was afraid she might dislike her. At first it seemed so, until he ‘caught’ them giggling on a feast once...Since them he saw no problems between them. Not that he was so great in seeing such things, for all he knew, they could be pretending, but he was reassured by both his sister and wife that they had no problems between each other. As long as they don’t start shooting each other, then things are fine, Jazz figured. Amazingly, the Queen had no trouble with Lori either, she actually liked her too. Jazz guessed she considered her like her daughter, now that they were sisters in law.

As for Spaz, well, he was another matter. Neither the Queen nor Eva liked him much, because of his...unusual behavior. But the did approve of him, which Jazz never understood.

He arrived at the massive door to the Queen’s chamber. He reached out to knock on the door, but it swung open before he could even touch it.

The Queen stood there, looking at him sternly. He decided to walk in, not daring to say a word. She closed the door and followed him to a nice little corner, in which stood a ‘L’ shaped sofa, with a small table, with massive gold legs and a marble surface.

Jazz has rarely been in this room, but he always liked it, it was quite different from what the Queen appeared to be, it was calm, and comfortable to be in. He looked around, trying to memorize the colors, they layout of the furniture and the smells, he wanted to create something similar someday...

She motioned toward the sofa and said "Sit down." Her voice plain and without any emotion.

Jazz walked over to the left part of the sofa and stood there, and waited for the Queen to sit down. It was a simple thing he learned over the years, which he usually forgot to do, but this time he did not, and he was glad that he thought of it.

The Queen sat down, and so did he. Then a silence followed, she was studying him, trying to make him uncomfortable no doubt. He sat still, trying to look as relaxed as he could be.

Then, she smiled. A warm, pleasant, approving smile. This caught Jazz off guard and he opened his mouth in surprise.

Before he could say anything, the Queen spoke, "Jazz," she began, amazing him even more, she never called him like that.

"The reason I have called you here is because of a special matter, one that will change your way of life." She finished, her smile fading, but she still was approving..

"You see, I am going to retire, go on a vacation. This leaves you and Eva in charge here."

"But-but, why are you saying this to me?"

"Because I decided to let you know what I think of you. At first, when you and Eva fell in love, I saw you were this hotshot hero, all speed, no brains. I learned quickly that I was mistaken, not to mention grateful for saving my daughter and the kingdom as well."

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing, the Queen, the woman that constantly yelled at him, and disapproved of everything he did, was telling him that she does like him.

She went on, "As the years passed, and I got to know your brother and sister, whom I both like very much, even Spaz, with his hilarious manners, I saw you change as both me and Eva gave you things to do, occupying you. This was really a way of schooling you, prepare you for the task at hand."

"I must say, my Queen, that I am very surprised...I thought you always disapproved of me. I considered myself lucky to be with

Eva, knowing that you could stop it anytime."

She laughed, a nice sounding laugh that showed the true side of her, a friendly and compassionate woman, not what he thought she was at all. Appearances can be deceiving.

"
The reason I was like that, because in the beginning I did disapprove of you, but as I saw your true self, not the hotshot hero, I changed my mind. And the reason why I kept up the disapproving charade to keep you in line. But now it is not needed anymore, I know that you are ready to be a true king. One that can handle the burden of being one, not just some status that gives you privileges."

Jazz smiled, something he hasn’t done in front of the queen before. This smile was different, usually he just made a nervous smile in her presence, but this one was true and sincere.

"Therefore" she went on again, smiling, "I am holding a goodbye feast, and everyone is invited, at that feast I will officially resign."

"I will make the arrangements myself at once." Jazz said, standing up.

"Not so fast." She said in a firm tone, that made him uneasy again, but she quickly added, smiling: " This time, you will lie back, and I will do the work."

Jazz relaxed again. I guess there are quite some surprises in life, he thought.

-Jonesy

DrJones

Blue Moderator

Mar 30, 2001, 05:42 AM
Chapter 1

"Are you ready?" Lori asked as she came intothe bedroom where DrJones was fumbling with his tuxedo.His apartment was located in the new buildingarea in Earlong. He decided he would be living here, instead of living in thecastle, as many have thought he would. But he insisted on living ordinarily,all that glitter and glamour just didn’t fit, he claimed.

He lookedat Lori, and opened his mouth insurprise. She always managed to take his breath away. She was wearing abeautiful dark evening dress, with a low cut on the front and even lower on theback. She wore small but glamorous earrings, which shone brightly when lightfell on them. Her hair was loose, but combed neatly, two curly sidelocks framedher beautiful face.

"Still trying to adjust these buttons." Heanswered, recovering, as he tried to fit the buttons on his shirt into theirholes.

"Oh, you silly wabbit." Lori giggled as shemoved his paws out of the way and buttoned up his shirt. "What would you dowithout me?" She said in a mocking tone.
"I’d probably end up tearing the thing apart." He replied, grinning.
"Well, I guess I can find some time to show you how..." She whispered as she looked into his eyes.

A moment of frustration swept over him as heremembered what kept her busy, but he dismissed the thought. He did not want toworry about it, not tonight. She sensed that brief flicker of frustrationand conflict in him. She hugged him.

He wrapped his arms around her and they stoodthere, enjoying the moment. The one enjoying the warmth and presence of theother. He smelled her perfume, which was exotic...so perfect. She was perfect.

He sighed. Moments such as these were rare.

As she pressed her head against his chest andwrapping her arms around him, she could hear his heart beat, knowing that itbeat for her. She was trying hard to be with him every moment she could, butshe could not visit him often enough, her...job, takes a lot of her time. Shewanted to stay in his arms forever like this, but she couldn’t. Today was animportant day for her brother. She sighed. Taking a step back, she smiled. Hesmiled back at her.

"So," the pause a little awkward "let’s gothen." He said while her ran his paw on her cheek.
She smiled and pulled him slowly to the door."Let’s head to the castle, then...." She said.
As they left the apartment, the door closed andlocked itself.
They stepped out into the warm evening, and gotinto a white hover limousine. The limousine took off into the night.

A figure huddled in the nearby bushes waslooking at the limousine vanish into the sky. As it was out of sight, theperson waited for a few more minutes, to give the limousine time to comeback, should DrJones and Lori have forgotten something. The figure stepped outinto the open, and headed quickly for the door. It reached for the lock on thedoor, to open it manually. Then, that moment, one of janitors approached. Theperson quickly looked at the man and it’s form shimmered and changed shape.

"Hey, who are you?" The janitors asked, waving an arm, wanting to startle the intruder.

"I’m the security expert, I am ordered to checkthe system in every apartment." The person calmly answered as standingstraighter, more intimidating.

"Oh, " The janitor said, taken aback a bit."Allright, but I will be back in a few minutes to check up on you." He addedquickly, clearly losing face.

The person nodded and got to work again. Onceagain, pressing a paw against the lock, the person concentrated and the lockclicked. The door slid quietly aside and the person entered and got to work...

The main throne room in the Earlong castle wasa huge chamber, with a tall ceiling, with support pillars on the sides, withstatues engraved into the pillars. The statues represented many heroes andgreat rabbits of the Earlong kingdom. Usually the throne room wasn’t a muchvisited place, used only for recieving guests of high status and to attend toimportant matters. There were two thrones placed on a raised section at the endof the room. A grand double door entrance on the other side. A red carpetusually ran from the thrones to the double doors, but it was replaced by ashorter one, which only ran to the center of the room.

Now the room was a place full of people.Guests, servants, aides and bodyguards moving around. There was a huge table placedin the room. It consisted of three parts, which together formed an ‘U’ shapedtable, the bottom part of it facing the thrones.

Amongst all of them was Queen Earlong. Usuallybeing in a mood that discouraged anyone worthy approaching her, let alone talkingto her. But today, she was smiling and chatting with anyone who was near.

Amongs the crowd were some well known rabbits,war heroes, relatives, a good deal of them were regulars at the War Tavern.Some of them were less known, or totally new.

Finally Jazz and his wife, Eva, entered thehall. They greeted a few guests and headed toward the thrones, after taking adrink from a servant. Some followed the couple with their gaze, some did not,some could not. Following Eva was a strikingly beautiful and fragile lookingwoman, dressed in a light blue evening dress, her white fur shiny. Shelooked stunning. Her eyes were a beautiful void of black and blue. Stunned byher looks, many of them did not know who she was, or what her purpose to behere was. And none of them noticed the way she was looking around, sinkingevery detail into her memory, once again. Remembering every face, no movementescaping her attention. She looked calm, without worry, and she moved with thegrace of a dancer.

"So Jazz, ready for the big moment?" Lori askedas she sneaked up behind her brother.

"Hello Lori" Jazz said, smiling. "Yeah, I’mready, but more nervous than a turtle facing me." He said with a wink. Helooked at his sister, and was still amazed with her beauty. She became quite awoman.
"You look great tonight, sis. I bet Doc’s proud of you." He said, sipping his drink.
"Thanks. Yeah, I can tell he is happy to be with me. I bet you can say the same about Eva." She said smiling.
"I definitely can, she is a beautiful and smartwoman, and I love her alot." He said, taking a glance at his wife.
"Well, you’re the right man for her, that’s forsure. " Lori agreed. "And she loves you with all her heart too. Don’t loseher." She added seriously.
"Thanks sis, I hope you will be as happy too with Doc." He said as he gave her a quick hug.
Lori smiled.

The white bunny was standing near Eva, she hada drink in her paw, but she hasn’t drank any of it yet.She spotted a woman of Lori’s age stepping intothe room, her fur light blue. Doing a quick analysis surprised her again. Theodd but familiar heat signature. She would have thought more about it, but shehas been quite busy. I will look into that later, she thought.

After a few minutes, the royal fanfares played,calling everyone’s attention. The whole crowd shifted its attention toward thethrones, where the Queen, Eva and Jazz were standing, while a step lower wereSpaz and Lori.

Spaz finished his piece of cake, by gulping it down. He stifled a small burp and grinned.
A few moments passed, and then the Queen spoke.
"First of all, I’d like to welcome you to thisfeast. I am happy to see all of you here. Some of you I haven’t seen in a while, and it’s good to catch up on oldtimes. " She said, smiling. Memories washing over her. "The are two reasons forthis feast. First, I am resigning from my position as Queen" She paused, a fewgasps and murmurs could be heard. She waited until it the sounds died down andwent on. " The other reason is that Jazz Jackrabbit becomes King tonight."

The whole crowd was quiet with anticipation andsurprise.

Not wanting to further delay the moment, shewaved an arm and an aide came up, carrying a sword, which lay on a red pillow.The sword was golden. Its name was the Marybyrr.An ancient and valuable relic in theEarlong family.

As she took the sword, Jazz kneeled before her.

She slowly, but with unexpected skill, placedthe blade on Jazz’s left shoulder. Everyone in room the held their breath.

"In the name of Earlong kingdom" She began. " Andthe power infested within me" She continued, then paused. " I crown you, Jazz Jackrabbit, as King JazzJackrabbit of Earlong."
As she spoke the last words, she moved theblade onto his right shoulder. She paused again, and replaced the sword on the pillow. Another aide stood by her sideand held a golden king’s crown on a pillow. The crown was richly decorated invarious colored crystals. On the center of it was a big blood red crystal ,carved to the shape of Earlong Kingdom family weapon.

Queen Earlong took the crown and placed it onJazz’ head.

Jazz did not move.

She smiled, seeing that he truly learned thingsin all these years..

"You may rise, King Jazz." She announced.

Jazz rose. He looked at the Queen. She gave hima polite bow. He gave her a slight nod and a smile. Then looked at his wife andqueen, Eva. He smiled at her as she smiled back. Then he looked at his brotherand sister. Both were smiling, proud of their big brother. At last he turned and looked at the crowd ofpeople. Then he smiled and spoke, "I, will not disappoint you. I will rulewisely. That is a promise I make to this kingdom and all it’s inhabitants. Iwill rule alongside my queen, and keep this kingdom a safe and happy place."

The whole crowd was quiet, his words sinkingin. Finally, people raised their drinks into the air and cheered:

"Long live king Jazz!"

Eva walked up behind him and took his hand, andled him to his throne.

He sat down on it, feeling that things aregoing to change around here very soon...

I awoke with a start. I looked around, but itwas dark everywhere, I couldn’t see anything, not even my own paws. I tried toget up, but I couldn’t feel my legs. Then I realized I had no body. I screamed, but I heard nothing. Either I had no voiceor no ears...or both.

I calmed down...I recollected my thoughts, and Iwas glad I could still think.

I finally remembered who I was, and whathappened. But I did not understand what I was doing here, and what herewas.

Then Iconcentrated, and I felt a familiar tingling, a presence that I know verywell....yes, it’s him...he tried to save me...and that metallic alien who killed me...

Suddenly it all sank in. I was dead... And I wasinside my savior and friend. That is why I feel his presence so near. But if Iam still thinking...then I still can get out of here...I want to live again, Idon’t want to be stuck here!

Calm down, calm down...panic won’t get youanywhere. Let’s try to see what I can do...

Yes, there...I think I can...

Memories flashed in her mind, some hers, some not. Sounds, images...She smiled to herself,happy that she could at least see and hear something. Then as she went beyondthe memories, she pushed her way toward now.

Suddenly, she could see and hear again. Firstshe heard muffled sounds and saw a blurry image. But as it focused she sawsomeone whom she recognized...a female rabbit...yellow fur... It’s Lori!

She tried to call her name, but she couldn’t.She saw Lori get into a while limousine and it sped off. Then the view shiftedtoward the ground for a moment, and she saw blue feet. She was sure where shewas now.

She snapped out of the thinking as the viewmoved toward a door. It slid aside as it got closer. There was darkness, butsoon a light provided illumination. She saw an apartment. Then view faded abit, she was losing her concentration. She felt tired all of the sudden. Hermind was woozy and tired. But soon passed. Then the illumination died outagain, and a pillow rushed at her as he dropped himself on it. For a moment shefelt tired again, but now she felt happiness, and eagerness. Then the viewbecame black, and she was alone once more.

I have to let him know I am still there. I haveto show it to him somehow...if only....yes, I feel it....I just need to...there...Ialmost got it....done!

I hope that will let him know of me, I doubt Ican manage that again, it is so tiring....I need to rest...

As the feast ended, DrJones and Lori weresitting in the limousine, both a bit tired and woozy from their drinks.
"I enjoyed this evening, did you?" He asked suddenly.
"Yeah, it was an evening to remember." She answered as she put her head on his shoulder, her eyes half closed.
"Too bad it ended quicker than we would haveliked." He said as he put his arm around her.
She hmm-ed and dozed off for a few minutes. Helooked out the window. He saw streets illuminated by lights, he saw othervehicles flashing by. Then he looked at the sleeping young woman in his arms .
He smiled to himself.

Soon, too soon, the limousine stopped to drop him off.
"Hey...this is my stop..." He said as he gently woke her up.
"Huh?" She said dreamily. "Oh, wait, I’ll walkyou to your door." She added with an tired, yet eager voice.
They got out of the limousine, and told thedriver to wait there. They walked slowly, holding paws, toward his door.Neither of them spoke, each enjoying the last moment together this evening.
Finally, they approached the door. It was time to say goodbye.
"Well Lori, I guess this is it...thanks for thegreat evening, I enjoyed your company." He said. Trying to hide the sadness andfrustration in his voice.
"I hate to say goodbye too, Doc." She saidlooking into his eyes. "I will try to arrange more free time, I promise." Sheadded, her voice starting to choke off. He could see tears appearing in the corners of her eyes. Such goodbyeswere never easy.
"Don’t cry." He gently wiped one of her tearsaway." You know we both will try to be together more often. Besides, we calleach other every day on the comm." He said, trying to comfort her.
"I-I know, but it’s not the same..." Sheanswered, recovering a bit.
"I will go and see you tomorrow, all right?" He said.
She looked up at him, and smiled, obviously happy that he decided to travel all the way to her work again.

Getting to her workplace without a proper vehicle was quite a problem. He always morphed into a vehicle, but the ridewore him out, as he had to go slowly, in order to not be detected.Her ‘work’ was located nearly at the otherside of the planet, and several kilometers below ground level. It wasn’t easyto get there.

"Really? I mean, it’s quite a job to get there..." She said.
"Hey, I will get there, no matter what, okay?" He reassured her.
"Okay, I’ll take you up on that." She said, grinning.
Then her grin faded, and she looked into his eyes, and then kissed him.

Her mind and heart were awash with emotion asher lips touched his... She was lost in the moment, but it ended too quickly.She took a step back, smiled once more, then turned and walked to the limousinewith a brisk and happy dance step. She made sure that he’d come tomorrow.

He smiled and waved her goodbye as thelimousine zoomed away. Turning, he walked toward his door. The systemrecognized him and opened the door. The moment he entered the house, he startedto undress, the weariness coming back the moment the door closed. Yawning a fewtimes, he went to the bathroom to wash up. Then he came back into the room,flicked the lights off and the literally dropped into bed.

He thought a bit about what happened today,especially remembering the kiss. Then he dozed off, a smile on his face...

- Lori Central
DrJones

Blue Moderator

Mar 30, 2001, 05:44 AM
Chapter 2

"Is everything in order?" Lord Iago asked the shadowy figure on the screen.
He was sitting in his private office on the bridge of the Vengeance. The person on the screen was his special source.
"Yes, everything is in place, my lord." The person answered.
"Any suspicions of your person?" He inquired again.
"Little to none. Only the royal bodyguard seems to suspect me, but she is not a problem. If she threatens me, she will die quickly." The answer came.
"Excellent. Our E.T.A. is 5 hours, stay sharp. Iago out." He said and closed the connection.

He leaned back in his chair, allowing himself to relax for a moment.
Yes, he would give those rabbits what they deserve. He smiled.
But quickly his smile faded as his eyes shifted to the digigraph on his desk. It showed his children, with him between then. Happy.
No, he hasn't been happy since then, but his plan would get him the revenge that he had the right for.
He got up and went through the doorway to the bridge of the Vengeance.

A lieutenant gave him a nod of acknowledgement. Just the way he likes it. There is no need for such formalities as salutes. Besides, he didn't want his people to salute everything that moves.
"Mr. Mats, what is our exact E.T.A.?" He asked the lieutenant.
"4 hours and 45 minutes , sir." He answered quickly.
"Good. Is every system operational? I don't want to drop in there and then notice that the weapons are not functional."

"Every system has been triple tested and is functioning at 100% efficiency, sir." The man said, sounding sure of his words.
"Good, very good." Lord Iago answered and turned to look at the cold vacuum of space. Feeling the same coldness in his heart.

DrJones woke up slowly as the automatic wake up system rang the alarm clock. The bell being a soothing tone that slowly woke him up.
Finally, he slapped the off button with his palm and opened his eyes. It was still dark in the room, but small beams of sun streamed through the dimmed window. It's opacity nearly at full.
He turned onto his back and lay there for a moment, then he sat up, rubbing his eyes with his hands.
Something felt different about his face. He guessed he needed another slight trimming of facial fur.
He swung his legs to the side of the bed and got up. Another odd feeling came over him as he realized he got up much too easily. He felt too light, or maybe he was just well rested.
He shuffled to the bathroom to wash up. He opened the cupboard to grab his toothpaste and then closed the cupboard door.
He took a look at himself in the mirror and his eyes went wide as he gasped.
The reflection staring at him wasn't his face. He quickly rubbed his face to see if it is his vision playing tricks on him. It was him who changed. He slowly calmed down, and looked at the mirror again. He knew this face...from a long time ago...someone whom he cared for.
He looked down and saw that not only his face but the whole body was different, it was female.
He was surprised again, he never morphed is his sleep. He could only morph when he was conscious. Sleep is a form of unconsciousness.
Then he noticed the flame-red hair that he had. And the emerald green eyes. He knew into whom he morphed into.

Jessica.

But why? He never morphed in his sleep. Much less into a female. He was starting to doubt his control over his powers. Maybe it was a message? But from whom? How could someone control his....He slapped his forehead as he realized what is going on. Jessica was alive! Nobody but her knew his abilities that well, mainly because she had the same abilities.
When she died, her body vanished and her life energies flew into him. He never thought about it that it was her last attempt at saving herself. But now he knew. She was in him, and she was alive.

So she morphed him into herself to let him know she is there. But what next? How will he communicate with her?

He morphed back into himself and quickly finished washing up. He put on some clothes and made something to eat. Then he cleaned up and sat down at the table in the main room. He sat there, trying to concentrate.
Come on, Jess, if you're there, let me know...say something...do something....

Fifteen minutes later he was frustrated. Nothing. She didn't respond.

Either I can't communicate with her, or she's....No, she is still there, I must try to reach her. Let her know.

He thought for a moment and then remembered something that would help him show Jessica that he knew what is going on. Provided she could see things. He dismissed that doubt. If she can morph his body, she should be able to see through his eyes as well.

He walked up to the bedside table and opened the only drawer that was there. He took out a ring, with a sparkling green emerald set in it. He looked at the emerald and memories washed over him again.

---

She was laying on the green grass in one of the many forests on Carrotus. She was asleep.
I approached her and wanted to wake her up, but she suddenly opened her eyes and grabbed me by my shoulders and placing one foot on my stomach she flipped me over.
Before I could say anything she was on top of me, pinning me down. In another situation I would have been embarrassed, but we considered each other as brother and sister, so it was just plain fun.

I decided to get to the point. I reached down into my pocket and pulled out a silver ring, with a sparkling green emerald set into it.

"I wanted to give you this, as a token of our long time friendship. I've got a similar one " I said as I held the ring up and lifted my other paw to show a similar ring with a deep blue emerald in it.

She looked her ring, almost cross eyeing because I held it in front of her nose.
She took it and looked at it closer. Then she looked down at me again and smiled.
"Thank you. This is quite special...where did you get it?" She asked.
"I made it myself...It took me about a month to do it right, it's hard to carve it right you know." I said.
"Wow...you sure put your heart into it. Thanks, I really appreciate it." She answered again, stepping off me and pulling me up.
I looked at her and smiled.
"Hey, I love you a whole bunch, sis." I said, winking.
She knew I meant every word, except the sis part.

We were in love with each other a long time ago...but as we came to Carrotus and were changed into rabbits, our affection for each other changed too. We became very close friends, almost like brother and sister.

She seemed to think about it too, and gave me a hug. I though I saw a tear in her eye...but I didn't do anything to remove it, she rarely cried, and every tear is special.
---

Now I held the ring in my paw. Then I slipped it onto my finger.

I didn't wear my ring, it reminded me of her loss too much.

But now...
I reached into the drawer again and took out my ring. I slipped it on the my left paw's finger. Then I held up both paws. I had Jessica's ring on my right paw, and my ring on my left paw.

He closed the drawer and went outside. It was time to go to see Lori.
The door slid shut behind him and looked again at the rings. He sighed. There will be some explaining to do when he will see Lori.

He took a few steps toward the trees in front of his apartment, then jumped up into the air. Morphing into a small airplane, he took off toward the skies. He made sure to cloak himself and to reduce the noise his jet engine made as much as possible.
The trip would wear him out, but he knew it was worth it. A smile would be on his face if he had one.

Ma'Kir was in the training room. While punching a sand filled bag, he thought some things over.

He had no doubt in his master's intentions. No one had. When he was just a child, a orphan, living on the streets of the city of Iove. He was lucky, lucky that Lord Iago had found him, and took him in. Since then, Ma'Kir had never let his savior down. He knew he wouldn't survive long on the streets, being the smallest kid there. He considered Lord Iago his father, though he never brought that matter up, now wanting to hurt the older man's feelings. The loss of his children was already deep enough of a scar in Iago's soul.

Ma'Kir stopped punching for a second, and sighed, a little out of breath. He kept himself in prime condition. In times like these he needs to be alert, and besides, women seem to like his appearance. Yes, women, that is another matter. He knew many females liked him. Though only attracted to his physical appearance, none cared about him. He never let any of them enjoy his company. He always found an excuse or dismissed them when he could.
But lately, he saw one woman of incredible beauty; she accompanied Lord Iago a few months ago. He saw her training in these rooms. Iago said she was to be some covert operative. He never mentioned her name, but Ma'Kir took the liberty of finding that out himself, and he learned her name was Milya.

He sighed again, what a beautiful name that is. And so was she. He had been getting these feelings. Feelings that were alien to him at first, but as time progressed he knew what they meant. Then as he became friends with her, she was transferred out of the facility. He never heard a word from her again. Again, he searched into the databases, but found nothing, save for a brief reference of Milya getting special training. He wondered what that would be.

He hoped this mission will be over quickly, he wanted to go search for her, he felt that it was his duty to do so. But his duty to Lord Iago came first. Business before pleasure, Iago always said.
He would have to get this job done really soon.

He punched the bag, hard, tearing a hole in it. The sand spilled out onto the ground. Ma'Kir turned and went to the showers.

The limousine hovered swiftly and silently over the landscape toward the Carrotus Military Forces base. Though the base was primarily used for military matters, this time it was slightly decorated with a red carpet.

The biggest object in the midst of the crowd was medium sized space yacht, the Scepter.
It was a medium sized craft. Equipped with the latest engines and the latest stealth technology, plus some special weaponry. This is the ship that the now former Queen decided to use to go on her well-deserved retirement.
The location was hidden, not even Jazz or Eva knew where she was going.

As the limousine slowed and landed, the crowd shifted aside to make room.
The limousines engines shut off with a silent whine. And the driver got out, and opened the door for the Queen.
She stepped out, her movements smooth and fast, unexpected for a woman of her size and age.

She looked over the crowd; Jazz and his wife were there, as well as his brother Spaz. Lori wasn't here, as she couldn't attend.
But she didn't mind, she said her goodbyes to Lori last night.

Walking toward the yacht's ramp, she saw her daughter crying. Although she already said her goodbyes to everyone, she moved off the carpet, toward her daughter and gave her a long warm hug. Eva looked at her with her tear filled eyes, and smiled.
"Goodbye mother...May the Ancestors watch over you." Eva said quietly.
The Queen smiled and gave Jazz and Spaz a nod, then turned and walked up the ramp.

She looked over the rest of the crowd, recognizing some good friends. She gave some of them a nod and a smile.

She took a deep breath, inhaling the last bit of the air of this planet, which was her home for many years. She let it out.

Yes. She was ready. Ready to rest, to forget her worries.

It was time to leave Carrotus.

She turned and walked into the yacht. The ramp closed behind her. The ship slowly rose on its hover pads and drifted a few meters into the air. Then it began a slow ascent into the atmosphere. Finally, when it was far enough, it ignited its main engines and sped away into space. Once there, it jumped into hyperspace with one swift motion.

The stealth ship dropped Lori off in front of the enemy base. Clothed completely in black, Lori quickly ran toward the nearest bush, to hide herself. She lay down on her stomach and took out her binoculars. Soon, she spotted two guards standing on duty near the gate and another pair on the other side.
This was not going to be easy. She needed to get out a whole prototype tank out of there. And do it quickly, before the enemy will override the tank's security and use it to their purposes.
A gate approach was out of the question, the other pair of guards would notice if something were wrong with the ones in front of the gate and definitely come with their guns blazing.

Looking higher she saw her way in. Through the guard tower. She would climb up the tower and get in through there. The fortress was shaped like a rectangle, with one gate, a small central building and four lookout towers on each corner.
It was time to move.

She got up and ran toward the corner guard tower. She placed the gripping claws on her feet and paws and started to climb the wall. She paused from time to time to listen if anybody had noticed her.
Hearing nothing but the wind occasionally blowing, she continued her climb.

When she got to the top, she stopped. And reached into one pocket of her black outfit. She withdrew a small ball. She pressed her thumb on one side of the ball and threw the ball up into the air. The ball hovered in the air and moved up. She reached into her pocket again and took out a small lens, which she positioned before her eye. Through the lens she saw what the ball saw. The ball was actually a mechanical eye, fitted with miniscule hoverpads which allowed it to hover in the air.

Looking through the lens, she saw that the guard was asleep. She took immediate advantage of this situation and climbed up into the tower with one quick move. She landed silently and quickly shot the guard with a stun needle. This man will remain asleep for another few hours.

She looked down onto the main building. And she saw two more guards near the entrance to the building.
Seeing no other way to distract their attention, she took a rain type grenade. This grenade split into several chunks in midair automatically or by remote, allowing a greater range of damage. It also made a perfect distraction.
She folded out a portable grenade launcher and locked the grenade into place. She made sure the angle and power rating was set right, and squeezed the trigger.
The grenade sailed out of the tube and began it's fall down toward the area between the gate and the building, where the guards were.

One of the guards noticed the object in the air and pointed into the air, but the loud explosion the grenade made when it split apart deafened his words, and again, when the ten pieces of it impacted into the ground, hurling the guards backwards and knocking them out.
Meanwhile, Lori jumped off the guard tower. Usually, the jump would kill her, as the tower was twenty meters high, but she was fitted with special hover pad boots, which slowed her fall.
She landed gracefully on the ground and dashed toward the thick door of the main building. She placed a charge on it and distanced herself from it as she detonated the charge, ripping a hole in the door.
She threw a stun grenade inside the building. And, putting on a breath mask, ran into the building, she quickly spotted the sleek black stealth tank, standing among various equipment. She quickly tossed some magnetic explosives among the machinery, to make sure it would not be used again, should it contain any information. She would trigger those on the way out.
One of the guards and scientists inside the building still staggered on their feet, but soon dropped as the stun gas did its job.

Running around the tank, she watched carefully for any hidden guards or traps. Finding none, she climbed onto the machine and popped the hatch.

Lori was about to toss another grenade into the tank, to make sure any stowaway's didn't surprise her, but a someone was quicker than her and shot at her. The blaster bolt struck her in her face. It was mostly stopped by the mask's visor, which was melting, but her eyes were ruined.
She felt herself drop backwards, tumbling off the tank and landing hard on the ground. She heard something snap.
Realizing she was blind, and fighting the shock and pain, she tried to get up, but she couldn't move. She tried to move her legs, but a stabbing pain in her back told her she snapped her spine. She heard somebody jumping off the tank's hull, and moving over towards her.

She reached with her paws to her hips to activate the self destruct mechanism that would explode her tool belt, talking her and whomever was approaching with the explosion. But her opponent wasted no time and opened fire again in full fastfire mode. She felt her body jerk around, but she felt no pain. Everything went black and silent.

Then something started hissing, and then a slit of bright light blinded Lori.

Lori undid the straps that held her in place as the simulation chamber opened. She took off the helmet that projected the sight & sound and let it dangle on its wires from the ceiling. She stepped off the platform and stepped out of the spherical simulation chamber. She saw others stepping out of similar chambers as well.

She was frustrated and disappointed in herself. How could she not think of opening the tank hatch from the other side, she would never be taken by surprise that way. She will have to be more careful next time.

One of her friends walked up to her, a quite special girl, blue and white tiger striped fur.

"How did it go?" She asked.
"I got wasted when I opened the tank hatch." Lori answered with an calm voice.
"Wow, you got far too I see. I got...um...squashed. There was a driver in the tank. I guess he managed to override the tank's lockup."

A moment of relief swept over her as that reminded her once again that she did very well after all. She just needed to pay more attention, and speed up her reflexes.

She smiled at her friend and they stopped at an intersection that led to separate locker rooms.

"See you at the briefing, Julie." Lori said.
Julie giggled, "Yeah, I can't wait...I wonder what comments we'll get this time."
"I hope it doesn't take too long...I have a visitor soon." Lori smiled.
"Is it that mysterious boyfriend of yours?" Julie asked.
"Yup, that's him allright." Lori grinned.
Julie grinned back. Lori was sure she'd want to hear every detail later on.
"Don't worry, you'll get the full report, ma'am." Lori said in a mocking tone.
"You'd better, private." Julie said with a wink as she headed of toward her locker.

Lori smiled and headed for the showers.

- Lori Central
DrJones

Blue Moderator

Mar 30, 2001, 05:49 AM
Chapter 3

A kind voice wokehim up. It said to wake up. He didn’t bother to make it say something fancy. Two words wereenough for him.

He opened his eyes and rubbed them. Then sat up and reached for his glasses. Heput them on his nose and looked around.

It was once again a beautiful morning on Carrotus. Along time ago he would have found this kind of mornings sickening, but he got used to it. Afterall these years on Carrotus, trying to get rid of those rabbits, especially Jazz Jackrabbit.

Hegot up and walked to the food machine he built.
"Bog Coffee." He said to the machine. After afew seconds a cup of hot Bog Coffee was placed on the receptacle of the machine by it’smechanical arm.
He picked up the cup and sipped a bit.
Perfect. Just the way he liked it.This was one of the few machines that actually worked properly without him having to repair itall the time. It almost seemed that every machine he built, which was dedicated to destroy arabbit, failed after a while.

Lately he has been thinking of giving up on this. With his skill,he could do well for himself.
But he would lose face in the eyes of his fellow villain‘friends’.

Another day, another scheme to plot. He thought.
He sat down in front ofa big computer, which took up most of the wall in his small home.

"Sai," he began "give metoday’s news and start a routine scan."

The machine beeped softly and displayed a copy ofCarrotus Today on its screen.

As he read through the articles, the machine scanned for anythingout of the unusual on the planet and the space nearby.

He was about to get up as an alarmblared. He nearly spilled his remaining coffee on himself.

"Sai! Report!" He yelled over thealarms.

"Unidentified multiple spacecraft in orbit around Carrotus detected." The machinestated in its kind voice.

Sai was his pride. It was a super computer he worked on for years.It was sentient and served only him. Sai meant Sentient Artificial Intelligence. It wasn’t anoriginal name, but he liked it that way.

"Give me a visual." He ordered the machine.
Afleet, no, a huge fleet of various spacecraft was hiding on the far side of one of Carrotus’moons. He was glad he placed a remote sensor array there.

Before he could think of what to donext, Sai announced: "Incoming transmission."

"Accept transmission, but scramble myimage."
"Devan Shell," the transmission began.
This got him worried. Who were they and howdid they know that he was here?
"...surrender immediately and come along peacefully." Thetransmission went on.

What? They wanted to him to surrender?

"State your reasons." Hedemanded.
"We need you out of the way for now. You will not be harmed and will be releasedafter we are done with our business here."
"And what business might that be?" Devanasked.

"We are taking over Carrotus."

Those words would be welcome to him, seeing as someoneelse decided to get rid of those pesky rabbits. But this time it outraged him. It was his job totake over Carrotus! His! Carrotus belonged to him, Devan Shell!

He cut the transmission andordered Sai to activate security.

The perimeter shielding activated, making the sky a bitblurry. Ground batteries rose from the ground and extended their quadruple cannons. They wouldnot take him without a fight.

They were fast, he realized a second later as theshielding flashed, blaster shots hitting it.

His batteries answered, shooting at theattackers. One of the attackers was hit badly and went crashing down into the forests. But theothers kept coming. Devan ran to his weapons locker and took out his heavy plasma blaster. Hestood there, breathing heavily. They sure had the guts to take on him.

Finally, a bright flashoutside indicated that the shields failed somehow. Another few explosions followed as thebatteries were destroyed.

Sai was announcing in her calm voice that the fighter crafts werelanding and troops were spilling out.

She was almost finished as the front door exploded in amist of wood and metal.

Devan squinted and started shooting. He heard screams as his plasmablasts hit some targets. He started to move towards his escape route, knowing that he isoutgunned and would not last long.

He moved over to Sai and ordered her to transfer herselfonto a portable unit. The machine beeped in response and ejected a small silver pendant that hetook it and hung around his neck. The machine still mimicked as if it was functional enough to bea threat.
He turned and ran to the secret escape door but something hit him in the head. Hefell over, dropping his rifle. He felt his body jerk as stun rays hit him.
They want mealive.

Someone turned him over. He saw a big and tough looking figure, dressed in black,with a massive helmet on its head, visor down.

He looked behind the figure and saw more of themcoming in. They started shooting at everything that could be a threat, even the former home ofSai. The machine exploded with a small explosion, then sparked here and there.

The figure infront of him said to a hidden communication device: "We’ve got him. Destroy the place."

Thenthings went black...

---

Somewhere high in the sky, a black airplane flew. It glided in thesky, like a sleek black bird. What one did not know is that this airplane was alive; a shape of ashapeshifter, DrJones.

He was getting tired, the journey to the base was a long one, and he hadto use this shape, as he has not mastered his... other transport ability.
Good thing I amalmost there. He thought.

He reminded himself once again that he’d soon be with Loriagain. He smiled inwardly and felt something stir in his mind...

He almost dismissed it,thinking it was just a feeling of anticipation to see Lori, but it was something else...somethingmore familiar.

Jessica!

She was awake again! He had to contact her somehow.

He tried‘thinking’ to her, but before he could gather concentration, he felt an overwhelming feeling ofpanic. He didn’t understand it at first, but then he realized what was going on: Jessica wasscared to death of this speed and altitude...

Before he could attempt to calm her down he felthimself being pointed to the ground. Jessica was probably trying to take over control to land. Hetried to tell her that he’d do it, if she just let him, but she was too panicked. He tried topull up, but he couldn’t control his flight well enough as Jessica’s panic distracted him.

Helooked helplessly as altitude dropped rapidly. He managed to pull up slightly, but it was toolate...

The nose of the airplane caught a treetop and the whole plane flipped over. Its enginewas still burning full throttle, so it started plowing thought the forest.
The trees werehard, and after a few head on crashes, the airplane was dented, parts loose or gone. The canopy’sglass was smashed. With a final crash, he smashed into a huge tree...

The engine continued topush the craft forward for a while, trying to go through the tree, but sputtered and died.
Hewanted to morph back into himself, fix himself, but he blacked out. As did Jessica.

The birdssang on, as if nothing happened...

---

"Claw Squadron! We’ve spotted enemy fighters insectors A5 and A6, intercept immediately!"

"You heard ‘em, guys, let’s go for it." Simca saidover the squadron channel.

"Yeeehaw! Let’s kick some enemy tail!" the rookie yelled.

"Don’tget cocky, James." Simca said to the young pilot. She liked her squadron pilots to be eager tofight the enemy, but she didn’t want them to get overconfident and end up being turned into spacedust.

She checked her computer display. It indicated that the enemy was a squadron as well,consisting of three fighters, just like her own. Accelerating toward the sectors, her squadronfollowed in a V formation.

As they approached the enemy ships within visible range, the othersaccelerated. The wingmen made x maneuver and took on Simca’s wingmen, she headed for the squadronleader.

As soon as she was withing weapons range, the squadron leader let loose a volley oflaser shots, Simca inverted and spun her fighter, returning fire. It was less accurate, but itsinged her opponent’s fighter, as he broke hard to the right, spinning his fighter aswell.

Simca stopped her roll and accelerated toward her opponent, it was a regular CT2, likehers. Usually she’d fly her own TC-01, but she wasn’t allowed to use it.

I don’t mind, Ican fly any ship just as well, but I prefer my little TygerCat.

The fighter before her dida sharp right, trying to stay out of her line of fire but she followed, going a trifle slower.She fired a burst from her twin lasers, one bolt missed, but the second went clean through theengine. The engine exploded making the rest of the fighter spin madly before it exploded aswell.

Simca smiled to herself and checked how her wingmen were doing. One of them took care ofhis target, but the remaining enemy fighter chased the rookie, James.

The boy was good orlucky. Or both. He managed to avoid the deadly laser bolts the enemy was spitting at him.

Shethought about going to help the kid, but decided to give him a chance and so she stayed,watching.

The kid made a loop and the fighter behind him easily followed but was not ready forthe stunt that happened next.
The rookie killed his speed abruptly and so the enemy fightershot past him. Once that happened, the enemy was easy pickings and was blown to bitssoon.

That kid has some guts to do that. Simca thought in admiration.

Usually the sortof stunt the kid pulled would rip the fighter apart because of the strain on the engine supportstructure.

"Good work, James. You’re showing progress." Simca said to James over thecomm.

"Thank you ma’am."
"Call me Simca."
"Yes ma...er...Simca."

The starfielddisappeared and a hiss could be heard as the hydraulics popped the simulator hatch. Simca climbedout of her seat. She took off her helmet and her long black hair spilled over hershoulders.

She was a handsome cat, with gray fur and green eyes; her hair was black, except fora wild white streak of hair falling in front of her face. She smiled and walked down thesimulator’s stairs.

Once there, she met her wingmen. Haroc, a veteran fox, his bushy tailwagging slowly showing he was satisfied with the training of today. She nodded politely at himand he nodded back.

James, the young mouse, approached, smiling.

"You did well, James." Shesaid to him
"Thank you ma’am...er...Simca." The mouse blushed as he caught himself too late,his ears flushing red, the small golden ring in one ear reflecting the lights above.

Simcasmiled at him and walked off.

"Well kid, let’s go, I’ll buy ye a round of root beer." Harocsaid, patting the young man.
"Thank you, sir."
"Call me Haroc, boy."
The mouse nods asthey start walking.
"Haroc?"
"Yes, kid?"
"Our flight leader...she’s..."
"Yes, she’squite a gal, isn’t she?"
The young man nods again and blushes.
"But don’t try anything withher, she’s a loner."
"I wans’t..."
"Can’t fool me, kiddo. Just think of what Isaid."
"Yes.... thank you, Haroc."
"Yer welcome, kid...yer welcome."

---

A black discflew into the air, soaring silently in the sky. Suddenly a energy beam cracked across the sky,shattering the disc.
"Wow bro, you got one!" An excited voice called.

"That’s right Spaz,see if you can do it." A calmer, but happy voice answered.

It was a good morning. The sun shonebrightly, warming his fur. He smiled as he lowered his blaster and looked at his brother takingaim with his.

A silent *twang* sound and another disc is soared into the skies, but it is soonshattered by a blast, like it’s predecessor.

"Hah! How’s that for a shootin’Jazz?"

Silence.

"Jazz?"

The red rabbit turns around to see his brother gone. He suddenlyhears blaster shots and screaming.

The sets his blasters’ power setting higher and runs to thesource of the sound through the trees. There were no guards here, as the shooting range was wellout of the castle.

Finally, he sees some heavily armed men pinning down his brother, some ofthem lying on the ground with smoking holes in their bodies.

Spaz bares his teeth as helaunches himself, screaming, at the two that hold his brother down.

The first one went downwith a squawk of pain but the other is faster and rams his fist in Spaz’s stomach as more of themen leap out of the bushes around.

Spaz falls on the ground, doubling over in pain.

Jazzuses the momentary distraction and kicks the man holding him. The man staggers backward butrecovers, grabs his weapon and shoots Jazz with stun beams.

Spaz sees his brother jerk as thestun beams hit him and he yells out in rage, getting up, but as he gets up, one of the men behindhim hits him with the butt of his rifle in the head.

Spaz’s head jerks to the side as he fallsdown, unconscious.

Later, Spaz wakes up, his head hurting like mad. He felt nauseous...

Suddenly he remembers what happened and looks around him. He searches the area, walkingunsteadily.

He finds his brother’s gun lying in a clearing, the soft green grass showing signsof a small ship being here.

He picks up his brother’s weapon and looks at it. He’s beenkidnapped. But why? Why my brother? WHY?!

A flock of birds flies away from the clearing,scared off by a scream of frustration and hate.

- Lori Central

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Mar 30, 2001, 05:55 AM
YaY, all that, happyfulness, do continue it

`Ducky
DrJones

Blue Moderator

Mar 30, 2001, 05:56 AM
Chapter 4

“Sir, we’ve located what seems to be a wreck of an unidentified airplane.”

“Description?”

“Black, no markings, no bodies or remains thereof. It’s in pieces, sir. Looks like it’s engines failed and it plowed through the forest to smash into a big tree.”
Unseen by the soldier, the officer frowned. He knew very well what craft this was…who this craft was.
“All right soldier. Send a cleanup team and make sure the pick up every piece of that plane. Don’t miss one screw or bolt.”
“Yes sir.” The soldier replied. He was curious why McCain wanted every piece of this craft, but he simply followed orders.
Back in the base, McCain sighed softly and arranged to empty a hangar. Then he turned, heading out of the command center, and headed to the quarters of one Lori Jackrabbit.

“… but I’m telling you, he’s the only one that can make me feel that I mean a lot to him…the world even. “
Julie smiled. “Ah, as long as you’re happy, Lori. I’m not into that yet. This…” she waved her paws, encompassing the whole room “…is everything to me. This career I am building up means a lot to me.”
Lori smiled and looked at her friend, a slim, well trained, but good looking girl, with pale blue fur. “ I understand Julie…but should you ever get interested in someone…feel free to ask me.”
Julie smiled and hugged her friend. “I will Lori, I will…”
Just as Lori was about to say something, her communicator came alive. “Lt. Jackrabbit, report to your quarters asap.”

“On my way.” Lori replied. “Whatever it is, it shouldn’t take long. We’ll talk when I’ll get back.”

“Okay.” Julie said as Lori nodded and left, heading for her quarters.

“Your Highness?”
“You don’t have to call me that, Sis. You know it.” Eva turned her attention away from the book she was reading to the white bunny standing nearby quietly.
The bunny nodded calmly and smiled for a moment. “There’s an incoming transmission…on a secure channel.”
Eva put a tag in the book and closed it. She wondered who could be contacting her on the secure channel…her mother perhaps? Eva sat before the terminal and pressed the receive button, making sure Sister stayed out of the terminal’s camera range.
A face, which features were hidden in a shadow, appeared.

“Greetings, Eva of Carrotus.” A calm voice said.
Eva felt there was something very wrong with this person. She didn’t let it show on her face and replied calmly. “How can I help you?”
A chuckle… “Yes, you can help me…” The person leaned closer, his feature visible now.

A black and grey face, with yellow feline eyes, yet with ears the size of a mouse, rounded yet pointed like a cat’s.
Eva nearly gasped, never having seen this kind of species before. She didn’t, however, need any knowledge to recognize that grin on the creature’s face…a grin of superiority…of insanity.
“I, Lori Iago of the Imadii…” He began. “am here to…” his grin widened before he said his final words. “…take over Carrotus.”
Eva sat there, stunned for a moment, the regained he composure and looked the man in the eyes. “I’m afraid that is something I cannot allow.”
“Oh, but you have no choice, and I have the firepower to make sure you cooperate, one way or another.”
Eva opened a second connection and dialed to the CMF headquarters.
“How can I help you, Your Highness?” The general responded.
“Check if there is an unidentified fleet of spacecraft in this system. We seem to have intruders.”
“Yes, You Highness.” The general said and looked away from the screen.
Eva switched back to Iago.

“Done checking? I think you realize now that I have the power, and will use it if needed, to take over your planet.”
“But why do you want to do this?” Eva asked, feeling this is going to be a long night.
Lord Iago’s grin faded slightly. “Let me tell you a story…” He began.
Sister perked her ears, listening…

“WHAT?” Lori almost screamed it out in surprise, her hands squeezing the chair’s armrests.
“I’m afraid that’s what happened. Something made him crash. We are still trying to figure out what.” The officer said.
Lori looked down at her knees and blinked, her arms squeezing the armrests.
“We have salvaged all of him…including this.” He took out a transparent bag and put it on the table.
Lori looked up and looked at the bag, seeing a black piece of what appeared to be armor of some sort.
“It’s some kind of armor, which we salvaged, which isn’t part of…” His voice trailed off, not knowing how to say it.
Lori nodded and took the bag, looking at it’s contents closer.

“It’s very light.” She said.

The man nodded. “And strong, we believe it’s not from Carrotus.”
Lori put the bag back on the table and lowered her gaze to her knees again.
The gray rabbit looked at the young woman, his thick moustache twitching as he frowned, worried.
After a few minutes of silence, the officer’s communicator beeped. He answered it. “Yes?”

“Sir, there is a priority 1 situation going on, report to Ops immediately.”
“On my way.” He said, getting up. He looked at Lori.
“Miss Jackrabbit.” He began. Lori looked up at him. “Hangar 22.” He said and left, carrying the bag with him.
Lori got up moments later and ran to Hangar 22…

Sister walked through the castle corridors, carrying a tray of simple, but filling snacks and a glass of carrot juice. She left Eva to get these. She and that Iago were talking for hours now, negotiating. Eva was a good diplomat and could talk her way, yet this Iago could be one of those that won’t let you win.
Her thoughts went to the woman she saw at the coronation of Jazz. Immediately, she began to sort through the heat signatures she knew, analyzing it at an amazing speed, her cybernetic brain allowing this.
She suddenly stopped as she recognized the special heat signatures only shape shifters have…

By the maker…she is a shape shifter…
Quickly, she narrowed the list of shape shifters she knew, matching it with the information she possessed about the Imadii, which brought her to one conclusion that alarmed her greatly.
She broke into a run, moving quickly to tell the disturbing news to Eva.

“Sir?”
“Yes?” Lord Iago answered, turning to face Ma’Kir.
“I have been meaning to ask you something. Something of importance…for me.”
Iago looked at the young man. “What is it?”
“Well, a while ago, there was this woman training here…I’m sure you know whom I refer to.”
Iago looked at Ma’Kir, not liking where this was going. “Hmm…go on.”
“She moved a while ago. I found out that she was to be a covert operative…I was curious if you know more.” Ma’Kir continue, ignoring Iago’s look.
Iago studied the young man’s words. “I assure you…If I knew where she was right now, I would tell you. You are right, she is a covert operative, and to keep it all safe, even I don’t know where she is.”
Ma’Kir nodded after a moment. “I understand.” He turned and left.
Iago sighed softly. He lied of course, not really caring if Ma’Kir believed him or not.

He wants discipline from his people, and as long as this war is going on, he will not let any of his crew slack…especially by allowing some mushy relationships.
“It would only soften the boy up…” Iago softly said to himself. “…and I don’t want that to happen.” He finished, absently clenching his hand into a fist.

- Lori Central
DrJones

Blue Moderator

Mar 30, 2001, 02:04 PM
I will, I'll try! It's not easy!

- Lori Central