Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

The Next Chapter of the War Tavern

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Mar 29, 2001, 04:53 PM
2nd page...

(AUGH! You can't fight them! They're of our own flesh and blood (eww), you guys anyway...)

(I STILL SAY WE DRUNK THEM! =D)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Mar 29, 2001, 04:56 PM
And then the turtles came...

JCF Member

JJ BBoy KS is doing well so far

Mar 29, 2001, 05:15 PM
"And then the turtles came"??? Okay, if you say so.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The turtle army was bigger than the army of evil zombish rabbits. They came running down the rain soaked hill to the battle between the zombish rabbits, and the tavern rabbits. The battle was crazy. Everyone was fighting to survive. Kazooie still wanted to drunk them. He flew into the tavern, and grabbed 2 barrels of carrot beer. Then he flew out of the tavern, and above the crowd. "HEY!!!" He yelled. Everyone but the taverners looked up as the beer came down. After the evil creatures had swallowed the raining beer, which contained 100% more alchohol than usual, (They were testing something, so they put more in) they were extremely drunk, and could not fight. so they used their other option. Run. Those who could run, did. The battle was over for now, so the taverners went inside and sat down to rest...

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 29, 2001, 05:20 PM
DEVAN'S turtles, BBoy, remember?

So who is in the Tavern, anyway?
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Mar 30, 2001, 01:02 PM
ummmm. . .Bluez, Addie, Ducky, Kove, me, Kaz, Blackie, you, and I think BBoy is in too. Oh, and don't fergit de capenters, eider. . .

Copper winced as she put a Band-Aid on a cut on her leg. It was the only really bad one, but she hurt all over. At least we won, she thought, and stood up. Bluez grumbled as he surveyed the wreckage of the two barrels of carrot beer that Kazooie had destroyed.

"Two perfectly good barrels of beer wasted on that mob," he grouched, but there wasn't anything he could do, so he left off complaining about that, and started demanding if anyone could take those metal shutters off of the Tavern windows. Copper grinned when Kazooie started arguing about safety, and turned to the window beside her. Picking up a dagger, she worked the screws and popped the metal off.

Outside the storm had stopped, and the air was hot once more. The sun was beginning to rise, and business in the Tavern went on like usual, despite the UNusual circumstances. Soft morning light streamed in the open window, and off on the hills Copper could see the defeated armies retreating.

However, the excitement was far from over. A shuttle went over, and the sound of the engines had died before Copper realized that the flight path of the shuttles didn't TAKE them over the Tavern. By then it was too late, and the rabbit that broke through the recently finished roof landed on her before she could move. The force of the landing flattened her, and she fell off of her chair. The apologetic rabbit on her back was heavy.

"Get off, you lump of concrete," she grunted, and the rabbit jumped off. "Who are you anyway?" She stood, dusting her shirt off. The rabbit grinned.

"Name's Tubbs. Sorry about the crash an' all that, but I can't see through walls, y'know." Tubbs sauntered to the bar and ordered a beer, then took Copper's seat. She glowered at him, arms crossed. He grinned impishly.

"That's my chair. Out, whoever you are," she snapped, and he happily bounced out of her seat and out the door. A rabbit nearby shook her head wearily.

"Tubbs, Tubbs, Tubbs. HOW may times have I told him that the Tavern does not have all day to fix roofs?" She sighed and walked out, probably in search of Tubbs. Copper sat back down and watched the sun rise over the mountains, chasing the stormclouds away. It promised to be a bright and sunny day, but Copper had a sense of forboding that, unlike the clouds, no sunrise could chase away.

Didn't know how to fit Tubbs in, tell me if it's too silly.

JCF Member

Mar 30, 2001, 01:48 PM
Oh yes, coarse, sorry. (yes I'm in the tavern)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BBoy was at the corner table of the tavern drinking a mug of Shwavocian Beer, and recovering from slight pain of the battle. He got up, and walked over to the window. Looking out into the sky, he said, "Hmmm... It's gettin' late. Maybe I should go soon. What time is it anyways?" He turned. "10:09. There's a clock right up there." Black Sheep answered, and pointed to a clock above the bar. "Oh yeah. Well, I guess I could stay longer." Suddenly the door flew open. A large green turtle walked in. "Where's Jazz Jackrabbit?" He yelled. "Who are you?" Bluez asked, turning to him. "The name's Melvan. I'm Devan Shell's brother. Now, answer my question. Where is Jazz Jackrabbit?" He glared.

JCF Member

Mar 30, 2001, 03:54 PM
"How many brothers does this guy have?!" Kaz asked himself completely ignoring the turtle.

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 30, 2001, 05:27 PM
Two? I know of Melvan and Shellion, there may be some others. Because as you know, when momy and daddy rabbits love eachother very much... Oh, and two things Coppertop.

1. Tubbs fell through the roof in "Ummm.... War stories might be back?", not "The Next Chapter of the War Tavern"! Are you saying that he falls through the roof in both of them?

2. I'm NOT in the Tavern! I'm in my own house with Devan ? and the imprisoned Devan Shell!
Kaz

JCF Member

Mar 31, 2001, 12:45 PM
when we say unknown, we mean not known...

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 31, 2001, 12:58 PM
You didn't say unknown, you said "you" when I asked about it!
Coppertop

Mar 31, 2001, 01:39 PM
You have to be in the War Tavern to post in this topic, so nyah

Yep, I couldn't think of any other way to 'intoduce' Tubbs. Unless you want to change it.

Coppertop glared at the turtle. She knew it. Trouble. . .

"He's in the Carrotus Palace, for your information. Where'd you get your manners? Everyone knows that you KNOCK before entering." The turtle scowled at her.

"How DARE you speak to me that way," whatsisname bellowed.

"Keep your voice down, it's Saturday and people are trying to sleep in!" Ducky complained. The turtle scratched his head.

"Fine. Where's the Carrotjuice Palette or whatever you called it?" Blackie sleepily got up and pointed down the street to the castle. The turtle stomped out angrily, and several tomatoes followed him out the door. The last one was wrapped in a tin (heehee) and caught him on the shoulder, causing him to wince. Suddenly Copper realized what they had done.

"Guys, we just sicked Devan Shell's brother on Jazz Jackrabbit. What were we thinking?" Bluez blinked and looked startled, and Admael gasped.

"We gotta stop 'em!" Kaz yelped, and headed for the door. Coppertop, Bluez, Addie and Kovu were right behind him.

OK, maybe it's silly. OH WELL.

Whatever.

I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me.

-Phillipians 4:13

So what?

-Copper

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 31, 2001, 01:43 PM
If that is the case then Kaz, Coppertop, Bluez, Addie and Kovu can't post now either!

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Mar 31, 2001, 04:36 PM
But I can! Hahahaaa!

I looked after the rabbits racing after the flocks they had just sent on their way. A faintly misty Kiku hovered by my counter, having persuaded Tubbs to join Melissa in their fondu pot. "Where're they off to?" I asked, a bit bewildered. "Should I go? " Kik shrugged her wispy shoulders, creating an eeerie sensation. I don't like ghosts. "I don't know. I think they told some doofy turtles to go and get Jazz." I was a bit startled, but realized(to my relief) that I would be more of a hinderance then a help. I was now alone in the Tavern, except for Kiki and a few drunks, so I was a bit bored. I polished some cups, drank some light fizzy Calogrian tea(whatever) and was settling onto my chair when i heard sounds of bloody battle, and Jazz(Jazz? Must be his great great greatgreatgreatgreat grandson. Did you all read the intro?)'s heroic warcry. Kiku drifted fuzzily to the window, And I toppled over the counter in my haste to get to the door. The castle was lighted outside, in the distance..

Umm..

`Ducky
Tanpopo Kiku

JCF Member

Tanpopo Kiku is doing well so far

Mar 31, 2001, 05:18 PM
Tubbs is zany but nice. He likes car-hopping also. You know, stand on the curb and jump on hoods of cars that pass by.
Kaz

JCF Member

Mar 31, 2001, 07:45 PM
(THIS IS NOT A POST)

JCF Member

Tanpopo Kiku is doing well so far

Apr 1, 2001, 03:33 PM
Hasn't anyone tried car-hopping?

JCF Member

Apr 1, 2001, 06:28 PM
Car-Hopping sounds like fun!

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 1, 2001, 06:38 PM
This stuff about car hopping and non-posts does NOT BELONG in this serious story, let alone the War Tavern itself!

JCF Member

Apr 2, 2001, 06:29 AM
Empress, try a thread in Misc for car hopping. I'll reply- it would be groovy but no cars ever go by on my road- although I have to be a grouchy moderator when I'm in here :P I'm sorry. But you should REALLY be working on your story! THere aren't enought good ones in here

`Ducky

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 5, 2001, 08:38 PM
I would post a continuation to the Unknown Rabbit/Devan sub-plot but SOMEBUNNY said you can't post unless you are in the War Tavern.
Kaz

JCF Member

Apr 6, 2001, 04:56 PM
..., once I find that stupid file!

Apr 9, 2001, 12:19 PM
Hmm. . . I have to be in the War Tavern to leave it, don't I? So I can still post

Nice try, but no banana, cause the monkeys ate them all

Um. never mind me. I must be tired.

JCF Member

Apr 13, 2001, 06:12 PM
Is this alive?

A slight battle raged on at the Castle. The 'Taverners and the Turtles fought tooth and claw against the other rabbits and each other, but still outside the castle. Kazooie, who I believe went along for the ride flapped softly in, not seeing any sign of the Jackrabbits, and browsed through the kitchen. BlackSheep(who I also think went along) followed, coming through the front gates. She did a double take as she passed them, noticing a bit of paper stuck between the boards. She seized it eagerly, scanning it. It read:

Hey Y'all,

We went camping. Back on Saturday, if its an emergency see Eva at her sister's in Tubelectric. Tally ho,

-Spaz, Jazz & Lori

Blackie fled inside, colliding with Kaz who was scrounging the cupboards. "Oh, hay Blackie!" He said joyfully, "You know, I don't think anyone's home, no ones coming to see what the ruckus is!" Black flailed the note at him. "No one is home! They went camping! We trashed their house, they're gonna have us excommunicated!"

She sped out in a trail of flames, to the wall.

Summoning her strength, she said, "Hey! Yo people! There's no one..." Everyone ignored her.

"People?"

She waved the note.

"HEY! EVERYONE SHUT UP PLEASE?"

It worked at last, the battle stopped for an instant. "Hey! THere's no one home! We've wrecked the lawn! Eva'll have us put to sleep!"

The flocks of people sort of dispersed, mumbleing to themselves..

Okay, so sue me :P

`Ducky

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 13, 2001, 09:06 PM
*Sues Ducky*

JCF Member

Apr 14, 2001, 01:00 PM
Hey man, I was being sarcastic!

()

`Ducky

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 15, 2001, 12:11 PM
Can I post story continuations in here or not? Oh, and being sarcastic is against the Anti-Sarcastic laws. Of course, they're only enforced inside Devan Shell's jail but...

JCF Member

Apr 15, 2001, 02:55 PM
POst! of course you can post, I don' care :P

Whosoever shall kepp this story alive, shall rightwise be named...never mind :P

`Ducky

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 15, 2001, 04:49 PM
Never Mind paced around his room, confusion radiating from his brow. Why hadn't he noticed about the Zombie Rabbits sooner? Maybe Devan would know. "Devan!" At the sound of Never Mind's voice Devan came running."Sir?" Never Mind stopped his pacing and looked at Devan, directly in the eye. There was no treachery yet, the Rabbits must have come from somewhere else. But the only explanation was too awful to contemplate...

dniM reveN was furious. Evil Bluez, Hydro, all of the evil rabbit twins had come back drunk, totally unsucessful! Not only that, his twin, Never Mind, had figured out it was him! Or at least he would, reading this. There were some dis-advantages to being able to browse the JCF. He really would have to do something about Never Mind. How simple! Why hadn't he thought of it before?

Devan looked with concern upon his master, Never Mind. He was sweating, he looked sick. Never Mind fell to the floor, in ovious pain. Devan yelled for some turtle to carry Never Mind away. A hour later, the sickness was determined. A Heart Attack. They could not tell what had caused it. Somewhere far away, dniM reveN laughed...

Bad dniM reveN! Don't edit MY messages!

[ This Message was edited by: dniM reveN on 2791-03-31 15:40 ]

defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Apr 16, 2001, 02:41 AM
Devan pondered. What could have caused the heart attack? He stalked thorugh the library, tossing medical bboks around after finding them useless. NoOticing the wind blowing behind him, Devan turned to shut the windows. Before he could even blink a golden furred rabbit smacked Devan into the ground with a pair of golden swords. Sheathing his blades, the rabbit pointed a blaster at Devan's head.

'Your move, turtle...your move...'

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 16, 2001, 04:13 PM
Has anybody else understood about dniM reveN? Here we go:

He is Never Mind's evil twin, giving him a warped perspective of Never Mind's thoughts. While Never Mind is thankful to Admael for saving his life (in one of two possible ways) dniM reveN hates her. He, being a evil twin himself, has gotten other Evil Twins from "The Other Tavern" in the JMMB to help him. They have been dubbed "Zombie Rabbits". That explains the reason Admael is the target, right? He then edited MY message (Hmph!) so Never Mind got sick. (Anybody missed the "Edited by dniM reveN in 2791"? I didn't think so.)

Happy? Evil Genius? Yes? No? Maybe so? Oh, and here is another continuation.

Devan's mind raced. What was going on here? HOW had a rabbit gotten into the Unknown Rabbit's (Devan doesn't know the name Never Mind) house? He pressed a button on a small remote control. The rabbit saw him a instant too late. The rabbit fired, the shot died on the fire shield that had sprung up around Devan. The rabbit lowered his gun. "You're good, turtle, but not good enough." He pointed at the door. "Locked. And there are no windows. I suggest we have a little talk." Devan tryed to find something wrong with that and couldn't. "OK, my name is Devan, named after Devan Shell, held captive here." The rabbit gave a start. "Devan, you just told me, in one sentence, EXACTLY what I wanted to know! My name is defalcon, I'm a personal friend of Jazz, Spaz and Lori." It was Devan's turn to start. "They're still alive?" "The great great greatgreatgreatgreat grandchildren of Jazz and Eva, OK?" Devan relaxed, he had thought for an instant that the great Carrotus legends were still around, as it was with Devan Shell. defalcon continued. "They wanted to know what the source of all the evil they were encountering was. Being there, I darted back here, fearing Devan Shell. You have just relived me of my fears, but... Oh, why am I even telling you this? You're a turtle." So saying, he fired at Devan. Devan had not noticed his shield had gone, he died. Somewhere deep underground, a remnant from the Clone Wars stirred, fizzed, and popped out a perfect clone of Devan. Devan's clone radioed several guards the location of defalcon. Kill HIM, would he?

Coppertop

Apr 17, 2001, 03:28 PM
JelZe? I thought it was Defalcon...
Coppertop

Apr 17, 2001, 03:29 PM
Oh, and thank goodness this is serious again... It was starting to get really silly there...

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 17, 2001, 10:01 PM
I don't know Deflacon's colors but I know JelZe's.

And I do my best Coppertop, there wasn't much oppurtunity for jokes there anyway.

JCF Member

Apr 18, 2001, 06:16 AM
Unknown is NeverMind.

Because he continued. All hail!

Gack.

`Ducky

JCF Member

Apr 18, 2001, 09:38 AM
How do you prenounce dniM reveN???

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 18, 2001, 04:09 PM
Din-m rev-n

JCF Member

Apr 19, 2001, 06:24 AM
Dnim Reven.

Thats cool. But wouldn't it actually be something like Nim Reven, in pronunciation, because...bleah, nevah mind

`Ducky
Coppertop

Apr 19, 2001, 01:17 PM
Don't y'all get it? dniM reveN is Never Mind backwards!

JCF Éminence Grise

Apr 19, 2001, 07:31 PM
*Bursts out laughing at the chaos one name is causing*

JCF Member

Apr 20, 2001, 05:27 AM
I got it! Tchah. Sometimes people are just weird

`Ducky