Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Conquerer

Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Apr 24, 2001, 02:22 PM
Okay, okay, y'don't have to yell! lol

Chapter ten, I think, continued

Alpha was just dozing off when a loud crash jerked her awake. The shuttle lurched wildly, and she winced when she was jarred painfully against the shuttle window. What was going on? She struggled upright and glanced out the window to see a green, oval-shaped spaceship zip by, guns blazing. The legend on the side read "The Toranaught Vl", obviously a Shellian name and vessel. The Medivo-bound shuttle bucked again, and Alpha hit her head violently against the window. The last thing she saw was an explosion blossoming at the front of the ship. Then darkness took her. . .

The Assassin shuddered slightly as Coppertop set down, and the hum of the engines died down. The navigational screen blinked green for "successful landing," and the cockpit door hissed open. The boarding ramp lowered slowly, and she got up. "Well, there's Lohar for ya," she said in satisfaction, and calmly left the cabin.

Grath, Ducky, Blacksheep, and the others were waiting for her and Claw. "Nice landing," Shinyso admitted when they came out, and Copper grinned. "Thanks," she laughed. She glanced out at the deep green forests that characterized the planet. Then she froze. What was that flicker of brown she saw?. . .

Kovu heard the soft hum of the ship before he saw it. Realizing that it might be a Shellian vessel, he wisely stayed in the trees. The hum grew louder and he saw a large black ship settling down in the clearing ahead. He slipped through the trees, keeping out of the vision of the passengers who now were leaving the ship. Then he saw the gaze of the grey rabbit who seemed to be the captain flit to him and stay there. He instinctively drew back to the denser brush, but it was too late, she had seen him.

Copper narrowed her eyes as she gazed at the brown flash. It disappeared swiftly into the woods, and she hissed out a warning to the others. Grath looked mildly surprised, but Claw and Shinyso nodded grimly. "Don't get trigger-happy," she cautioned them quietly. "It might not be an enemy." Claw grimaced, but Shinyso nodded. She drew Shale and readied herself.

Alpha awoke to the throbbing pain in her head and a roar in her head. She winced at the sharp lances of pain that shot through her head and slowly opened her eyes.

The Shellian vessel was gone. A blazing wreck lay smashed nearby, and debris -and other- lay scattered everywhere. She was the only survivor. Obviously, the only reason she was still alive, and uncaptured, was because she had been unconsious and looking dead. . .

Dun da dun dun daaaa!!!! More tomorrow!
Coppertop

Apr 24, 2001, 02:23 PM
Oooh! Second page! I feel all special like!

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Apr 24, 2001, 02:41 PM
YaY! CT! Finally Good bit. DO continue

`Ducky
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

Apr 24, 2001, 05:49 PM
Ultra coolish part, Copper, we want MORE!

'unconcious and looking dead' heh, I like

that
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Coppertop

Apr 25, 2001, 12:46 PM
Well, it's true

More for Chapter Ten! (This, I think, is the longest chapter I've ever written)

Alpha was in bad shape. Her leg was badly gashed and she had a painful scrape on her cheek, and, worst of all, that blasted headache was not going away. It was so bad that she could barely see, and she kept blacking out momentarily. Even she, the optimist, had to admit that she probably wouldn't make it to the Refueling Station #10, the nearest building.

She limped along the marked trail that the shuttles followed, trying not to lose consciousness. As it was, the light was quickly dimming, and she used most of her energy trying to stay on the path. Luckily Medivo had very bright stars, and she hoped that once the moon rose the going would be easier.

Kovu was in trouble. That grey rabbit was like a shadow as she silently tracked him, and she seemed to know the terrain extremely well. That makes sense, he realized, she couldn't have found the clearing that she landed in if she hadn't been here before. But that knowledge was giving her the edge, and she could almost anticipate his next move. So he began to put distance between them, drawing away from her ship and into the forest. Within a few minutes he no longer could see the clearing or the trail, and from the sound of it she wasn't following him any more.

Coppertop finally gave up the chase. The hunted obviously was not interested in anything but leaving, and it was growing dark. She headed back to the glade where the others waited for her.

Kroys had made camp. His expended energy was trickling back slower than he had thought it would, and 6 hours after his estimated time of departure he was still only up to half strength. Also, he was beginning to have doubts about the safety of his position; the mercenaries were more clever than he had thought. After all, he hadn't expected them to attack him in the Deep Spacer, and they had, he hadn't expected the traitor Claw to join forces with the grey rabbit and they had, and, most important, he hadn't expected them to be so powerful, to have that black rabbit with the diamond with them, or for the other two- he thought the one had been called Duck and the other Gath or something like that -to have those staffs that powerful. Those misexpectations had nearly killed him. Why couldn't they have figured out that he was on Lohar, a very magical planet, too? With those troubled thoughts he gazed into the flickering fire, as the darkness grew and thunder rumbled.

Kovu had been walking for almost 2 hours when he saw the fire. It was small, and there was a black-cloaked figure sitting near it. He had a staff in his hand, one that gleamed bloodred and black in the firelight. Kovu had seen magical artifacts before; he had no trouble recognizing this staff as one. And there was only one human in the entire known Universe with a staff like it: the self-styled Emperor Kroys. Having heard all of the horror stories he kept his distance, circling around the tiny camp and deciding if he should attack or wait. He decided on wait.

Coppertop heard the thunder in the distance, and being familiar with the powerful rainstorms on Lohar, told her friends that they would be better off in the ship. Wild Angel nodded after a moment and said that a BIG storm was on the way, so they made themselves at home on the Assassin. Coppertop took Shinyso and Ducky aside and held a whispered conference with them, and then the trio unobtrusively disappeared. She left a note in the cockpit telling Claw that he was in charge until she got back, another symptom of her growing trust that he wouldn't suddenly turn on them. She also added that if they were attacked, "don't wait for me. Take off and fight; I'll catch up somehow." Then they slipped out into the woods.

Kovu was just circling Kroys' camp for the 3rd time when he ran right into a small grey rabbit with big blue-green eyes and brilliant blue electricity leaping over her fur. Her white shirt had a tear in one long sleeve, and her black boots were scuffed and muddy. She held a staff in one hand, and Kovu recognized the broken gem in the top as half of the Sparif Crystal, a Crystal of which he had a sliver of himself. "Ducky?"

Mwahahaha! *in a deep theatrical voice* What will happen next to our brave heroes? Will Alpha make it to the Refueling Station Number Ten? Or will she be found by enemies? Stay tuned and find out in the next chapter of Conquerer!

OK, a bit weird, I admit

JCF Member

Apr 25, 2001, 12:57 PM
YaY! Blast, this story is just too darned good, CT! Kovu I think you 'ave competition.

~Evil Ducky

JCF Member

Apr 25, 2001, 02:42 PM
I most certainly do

Veeeerryy spiffular, Copper.

Yea, I know I shouldn't say this, you having

just written this, but we need MORE
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Coppertop

Apr 26, 2001, 01:56 PM
Compete, with Kovu? I don't think so. . . but it's nice to know that I have some fans!

(I assume you've met Ducky before in stories, Kove)

Chapter Eleven-No name yet, but I'm thinking!

The rain swept across the land like a grey curtain, pouring down unceacingly. But as it enveloped the Assassin, the deluge was the least of Blacksheep, Grath, Wild Angel and the others' worries. Aboard the Assassin, consternation reigned. (I love that saying!) "Grath, you're sure that Shinyso and Ducky went with her?" Emerald was asking for the 7th time, and also for the 7th time Grath said "yes." Claw was as relaxed as he could ever be, although he still wasn't quite certain that they were safe in the rain. Characteristically, he was keeping his observations to himself, and as yet he hadn't told anyone about the note in the control room. He knew where the trio had gone. He stood in the shadows, casually leaning up against the wall, arms crossed and eyes narrowed, watching the by-now annoyed Grath answering Emerald's questions. He had decided when he had found the note that he wasn't going to say anything unless asked, and waiting was something he did best. . .

Kovu stopped dead. "Ducky?! What're you doing here?" Ducky seemed equally surprised. "I could ask you the same thing, Kove. Copper decided to do some 'under-rain' (rather than 'under-cover');tracking with Shinyso and I. I suppose that you were the one she saw in the brush?" Kovu shrugged. "I dunno. Is she the grey rabbit?" "Yes." "Then it probably was me. No, don't," he hissed as she turned to call her friends. "That guy, Kroys, he's sitting just behind that tree, he doesn't know I'm here." An angry, musical voice interjected. "Kroys? Here?" The tall grey rabbit came into veiw as she stepped out from the shadows. Kovu blinked. "Yeah, why?" The rabbit ignored him. "He escaped once, he won't do it again," she growled, and gripped her sword tightly. Then she seemed to suddenly notice Kovu. "Who're you?" Her eyes flicked to his sword hilt and blaster. "M'name's Kovu," he offered, omitting the surname. She looked mildly surprised and impressed. "Kovu? Ducky's mentioned you once or twice, I think. I'm Coppertop." "Fearless fighter, angry avenger and merciless mercenary," a dry voice interjected. A black rabbit trotted out of the trees, and Ducky grinned. "Don't you mean 'merciless marauder,' Shinyso?" The black rabbit returned the grin and shook his head. "Nah, mercenary, marauder, who cares." Coppertop wasn't listening. Her dark eyes had a spark in them as she gazed at the tree that hid Kroys, and she calculated what the best angle of attack would be. Kovu watched her. "What's her grudge against Kroys?" he asked Ducky. She shrugged. "Not sure. I think he killed her family, and he mounted an attack on her. That's where she met Claw. She won't stand an insult, y'know, and I think that his enslaving of rabbits and earlier escape really got her mad." Kovu nodded and glanced back at the mercenary. "Guess I'd better watch my step, then," he replied, and Ducky nodded. Copper suddenly stood and drew her sword. Kovu was surprised by the mirrored blade; usually swords had steel blades, not silver mirror. It wasn't stained with blood like some he'd seen, and she held it with the ease that comes with proficiency, the same ease with which he held his blade. She had a defiant look in her eyes as she spoke. "Come on. He's not getting away this time."

Alpha was close to the point of collapse when she finally spotted lights in the distance. The glimpse of civilization gave her new resolve and strength, and she managed to make it to the Refueling Station.

It wasn't deserted. The next shuttle, coming back from Medivo, was fueling up when she reached it, and the pilot was horrified by the state she was in.

Alpha was practically unrecognizable. Although she had been red to begin with, her blood had turned her fur a dark, almost burgandy. Her leg was worse than she had thought; she could see the gleam of white bone- and splinters of it. She had over a dozen lacerations on her body from shards of flying glass, and her paw was pierced through with a sliver of steel. She had a concussion, which explained her headache, and a gash just below her right ear that travelled on across her forehead. She was seeing double and had mild hypothermia, yet despite all of this she had walked over ten miles -on a shattered leg- to reach the Station. So it was understandable that after she had told them roughly where the Medivo-bound shuttle had crashed, she swayed as though in a high wind- and promptly fallen onto the floor, unconscious.

Poor Alpha. Don't worry, she'll make it, no serious problems except for the loss of blood. I really shouldn't tell you this, but the searchers had no trouble finding the wreck. Y'know why? Because Alpha left a trail of blood the entire way.

I forget. Did I crash the Deep Spacer yet?
ElectroPiZZa

JCF Member

ElectroPiZZa is doing well so far

Apr 26, 2001, 02:00 PM
The sheep are invading Los Angeles! Whatever SHALL WE DO?!
Coppertop

Apr 26, 2001, 02:07 PM
Okay, here are all of the ppl who have joined! Tell me if I forget any.

Kazooie

Grath

Blacksheep

Ninja (Shinyso)

Ducky

Claw

Emerald Dragon

Wild Angel

KRSplat

Alpha

Kovu

And-can't forget me!

The ones not currently on JCF or not posting here:

KRSplat

Kazooie

Grath

Claw

Ninja

Read my story in War Tavern! I renamed it: Conquerer!

Whatever.

I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me. -Phillipians 4:13

"So what?" -Coppertop

"When Life hands you lemons, make lemonade."

Old Apr 26, 2001, 02:08 PM
ElectroPiZZa
This message has been deleted by ElectroPiZZa.
*BlackSheep

Apr 26, 2001, 02:35 PM
Lookit the memberlist, old gel.

Ehe. Jolly good show, bally chapters to far.

(I've been reading The Bellmaker )

*Black

JCF Member

Apr 26, 2001, 03:12 PM
The Bellmaker is my absolute favorite book. Sob.

Its so..marvelous..as is the chapter, CT Do continue. And yes, Kovu and I have, um, met in..previous stories. As you may recall I was a main character in his Sureal thing.

YaY!!Niceness, CT.

`Ducky
Grath AR

JCF Member

Grath AR is doing well so far

Apr 26, 2001, 04:18 PM
Absoballyloutly perfect!

-Major perigord(Long Patrol)

FĂ´xie rules!

-Grath AR (from Pearls of lutra, main character, name taken SO HANDS OFF!!)
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Apr 26, 2001, 05:40 PM
Ultra-mego spiffy, Copper. Mmmh, poor Alpha, I'm suprised she isn't DEAD after all that.

Ohh well, meeeega spiffy.....

MORE

Coppertop

Apr 27, 2001, 11:37 AM
Yah, I checked the memberlist a few days ago but I didn't have time to look at all the names.

Reading the Bellmaker? My favorite is Mossflower and Legend of Luke, but I like Bellmaker too. Too bad Finnbarr Galedeep died.

Whatever.

"So what?" -Coppertop

Coppertop

Apr 27, 2001, 12:28 PM
Okie, I can write more but not too much today.

Chapter Eleven- Kroys

Kroys was instantly on the alert as a twig snapped. Something was out there. . . He was uncomfortable in the forest, being more used to the security and sophistication of his battle ships. He could not afford to relax for even a second.

Copper had slipped off some time ago, and Kovu had been the first one to notice her absence. Not wanting to alarm Ducky and Shinyso, he kept quiet about it, but not even Ducky, who had all her attention on the camp, could fail to notice when Coppertop appeared out of the forest, with another two with her. One was a rabbit, but he couldn't place the other. Coppertop glanced at him, stalling any questions.

"Kovu, this is Grath and this is Claw," she said, gesturing at her two companions. The one she had called Claw hung back in the shadows, but the rabbit Grath grinned. "I hear that you've found Copper's worst enemy?" he asked, and Kovu nodded. Claw watched the flickering light of the campfire and remained silent. Copper grimly smiled. "Like I said, he's not getting away this time."

More tomorrow, I promise!

JCF Member

Apr 27, 2001, 02:10 PM
Aw yes. Finnbar Galedeep was fabulous. I like Blaggut best, though, I think..Legend of Luke was very good...I didn't like Lord Brocktree as much though did you? Salamandastron is my next favorite, I think..

Nifty, a new chapter, thankyouthankyouthankyou!

`Ducky

JCF Member

Apr 27, 2001, 02:47 PM
Short, but spiffular. Veeery good, praise, praise! Uhm...*ahem*...

anywho, spiffy, more!
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Grath AR

JCF Member

Apr 27, 2001, 02:59 PM
I like legend of luke alot!

But! you just GOTTA read Pearls of lutra

Apr 28, 2001, 12:29 PM
Grath! Beginnin' to wonder if you'd even seen my topic! I HAVE read PoL, very good, I like Martin and Longfletch best. BUT: This is not a Redwall topic, so let's get back to the story (sometime soon)

Unfortunately I have hardly any time today and I think I just used it all up so I can't write part of my story right now. *Takes a deep gasping breath after ThAT long sentence*
Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Apr 28, 2001, 08:20 PM
Write more Copper! I'm here, and I'm not dumb as you think you judgemental person! =<, you haven't even talked to me nonetheless read my profile =/ and made me into a a a... you come up with a word!

The story's good though. =>

JCF Member

Apr 29, 2001, 08:30 AM
I'm waiting for Coppertop to get on so I can rant at her some more =D

BTW, Copper, I'm not so dumb that I don't know what the difference between resent and resemble means.

Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Apr 29, 2001, 05:23 PM
Copper *choke* we *gasp* need *die* more...
Coppertop

Apr 30, 2001, 04:53 PM
*mumbles* That Kaz. . . Where's my duct tape. . .

Don't die on me! I'll write, I'll write!

Chapter Eleven-continued

As far as Kroys could tell, whatever that had been stalking him was gone. He could have been sure if he'd probed the area with magic, but he still was too low. He sat, his back against the tree, staring at the fire and trying to figure out when he could get back to his Deep Spacer. (Yeah, I know I blew it up, but HE doesn't know that). So occupied was he in his thoughts that he didn't look up until it was almost too late.

The soft scrape of a drawing sword alerted him to the danger he was in. He looked up, and a figure materialized out of the gloom. It was the grey mercenary, Coppertop, who had successfully blocked his mind probe during the fight. She had her sword out and at the ready, and two more stood just behind her, half-hidden in the shadows. One he recognized as the "traitor" Claw, the one that had fought him the last time. The other, a dangerous-looking brown-furred rabbit who had a blaster at his belt and a sword in his hand, was unknown to Kroys, but he had a feeling he was about to find out.

"Getting bolder, Carrotus scum?" he spat, and the brown rabbit's eyes narrowed angrily. Copper seemed to ignore the insult. "You have forgotten that Claw and I are not from Carrotus, evil one," she reminded him. "For that alone I should let Kovu kill you alone." Kovu? Who was that? Probably the other rabbit. "You have grown braver, enemy. Last I saw you, you had an entire army at your beck and call. If they left you, I congratulate them for their common sense. If not, they will shortly be without a leader, for I have conquered over half of the known galaxies, and a mere mercenary is nothing to me!" Copper's eyes flashed with suppressed anger. "I think not," she said softly, and Claw moved forward slightly, as if anticipating a battle ahead.

Kroys felt a presence ahead. It was very powerful, and he thought that he'd felt it before. An image flitted through his mind: a short grey rabbit with dark leggings, white long-sleeved shirt and black tunic. . . a name surfaced. Ducky?

He drew off of that presence, boosting his power level considerably. Three-quarters power. . . he dared not draw off more, in case she realized what was happening. But he was strong enough to teleport, now. Subtlely he cast a mild calming spell over the trio. "I'm so sorry, but I'm afraid I have pressing engagements elsewhere. Like, say, on the Deep Spacer." He got no further. For what Claw said then stunned him as thoroughly as if he'd been hit on the head with a crowbar. "The Deep Spacer is gone." Admirably, he managed not to let his half-horror half-shock show. "Gone? How do you mean?" Copper answered for him. "He means that we've pressed the self-destruct on your ship." Kroys was shaken. He'd had no idea-! "Then I shall have to have a new base. Say, the Conquerer. It is, you know, the most powerful up to date." Nervously, he watched their reactions. Copper and Claw were glaring at him, Claw flexing his razor-like claws. ()Kovu seemed ready to simply run him through. He hoped the calming spell would work. . .

Abruptly he dramatically swept his hand at the fire, causing it to flare up in a sheet of blue and green flame. When it died down, he was gone.

Alpha awoke in a white room, the sun shining on her face. "Oooh! I feel like my head's in a vice!" ( ) "It is, m'dear. Relax now, I've got to give you this pain-killer."

Later, Alpha learned that she'd taken 143 stitches all together, and that she wasn't expected to pay the hospital bill, which was a relief. There being no suitable hospital in Medivo, she had been transferred to Carrotus. She also learned that the planet had been warned about Kroys, and they were (happily) getting rid of the officials that had been planted there by Kroys. "You'll be going home in about two days," she was told. Then she drifted off into peaceful sleep.

Have you expired yet?
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Apr 30, 2001, 05:20 PM
Mmmh, story, I can feel the blood going back into my veins, ahhhh.

Really spiffy, Copper.
-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Member

May 1, 2001, 05:21 AM
!

I should bite Kovu's ankles; I am supposed to reply first to your chapters.

Oh well. Niftyfying, CT! Do continue, I love hearing my name in italics *beams*

`Ducky
Grath AR

JCF Member

May 1, 2001, 05:54 AM
*Chomp*

MMMMMMmmmmmmm! Ducky<\i> fur tastes good!
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 1, 2001, 11:32 AM
*Gives Grath a well deserved smack*
Kaz

JCF Member

May 1, 2001, 03:49 PM
forgetting the grath? Duct tape won't hold my beak shut =>.

Nice chapter.

May 1, 2001, 03:56 PM
Yes, I think he deserved it

Gosh, I didn't mean to let the baddie escape again, but I did! Oh well, more time to write.

Chapter Eleven (still)

"Blast it! Not again!" Copper growled, once the fire had died back down. Kovu tightened his grip on his sword, Kroys' insult still in his mind. Carrotus scum. . . Claw seemed just as angry, his red eyes seeming to glow softly in the dimness. Copper looked resigned. "The Conquerer, huh? Well, we'll just have to go pay Kroys a little visit. We did last time, and it nearly worked. This time. . ." she trailed off. "Let's get back to the ship."

"You MET and FOUGHT Kroys AGAIN and you didn't call us?!?" Wild Angel blurted out when they returned. "I told you, we didn't fight him," Kovu explained wearily. "He must have spelled you, then," she determined, and Copper cautiously nodded. "But I thought you said that he was nearly dead, Wildie," she queried. "How could've he gotten so strong?" Shinyso spoke up. "Was there anybody with you that was strong, magically?" Copper and Claw traded looks, and Kovu caught on. "Ducky!" "She returned about ten minutes ago, looking like death warmed over," Emerald informed them. "I think she's asleep." "Who's asleep?" Ducky plodded into the room, looking indeed like 'death warmed over.' "Not me." Copper was shocked by the way Ducky looked. "What happened?" "Um, I think he stole some of my power," she offered. Copper almost, almost gasped. "That's how he did it, then. Can you take it back?" "With Wild Angel's help," Ducky agreed, and the two of them headed for the next room. Meanwhile, Copper explained her 'plan' to the others. "I need Angel to block his spells and transporting. She can probably draw off of Ducky or Shinyso. Claw and I, and if you want to, Kovu can help fight him, and Grath gets ready to warp. Kaz, KRSplat and Blacksheep can keep Kroys' minions at bay, while Emerald gets the Assassin ready to go in case we got to escape. Sounds like a plan?" Kaz nodded thoughtfully. "Just one little prob. Where the heck is this Conquerer thing?"

The next morning, when the nurse came in, Alpha was gone. The lock on the door was missing, and it looked like the red rabbit had used her blaster on it. Her sword was missing from the armory, and the door to outside was gone. Only a few singed splinters hanging from the broken hinges showed that there ever had been a door there. A ship was missing from the shipyard, and the officials remembered a red rabbit leaving. But by the afternoon, the hospital staff had all but forgotten the rabbit.
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 1, 2001, 05:36 PM
What more is there to be said? Spiffy, Copper, and more!
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Kaz

JCF Member

May 1, 2001, 06:14 PM
Indeed quite spiffy!

Btw, did you know that in the chappie where I come in you put resemble instead of resent? =>

JCF Member

May 2, 2001, 06:36 AM
I did it again..bleh, I'm slacking off here. Must be the heat getting to me.

I need more!

Most excellent.

`Ducky
Coppertop

May 2, 2001, 02:46 PM
Um, sorry, Kaz, I...I...I was young and foolish back then!!!! Won't do it again, 'm trying to sober up your character in the storie, y'know. You're not the comedian.

Maybe I should make Devan into a comedian, his glasses are hilarious

I think I will

Chapter Twelve-The Conquerer (Now ya know where I got my story name from)

Kroys sat in a large chair, staring out at the stars. Outwardly he looked comatose; inwardly a battle was raging. In his mind's eye he saw Ducky, and beside her was the black rabbit with the diamond. They were unafraid of him, scorning his fury and looking at him with contempt. He noticed that Ducky's electricity was dimmer than before, but she had a look of determination that he almost feared.

The black rabbit -and a name surfaced, Wild Angel,- grasped a long knife (I think it's called a dirk) that resembled the mercenary's, for it had a gold dragon as the hilt. (There seem to be lots of dragons in JCF). It gleamed in the dim light -where did it come from? There was no sun as far as Kroys could see- and instinctively he drew back.

A voice rang out in his head. Somehow he knew that it was Wild Angel, although her lips didn't move.

"Kroys." He had to answer. I am he and he is I," he replied, and felt her scathing scorn lash out at him. He blocked it. "You have stolen something precious from me," said a different voice, Ducky's. He angrily retaliated. "I have nothing of yours, fool. Why did you come here?" The equivelant of mental laughter resounded in his head. "You have stolen part of her life-energy, evil one. We have come to retrieve it." Wild Angel's accusation did nothing to him. He had killed so many. . . "What I have is mine, rabbit. If you attempt to take anything from me, I will annihilate you." He gathered his powers, ignoring the splitting headache that had started.

The white shroud of mist that surrounded them swirled, and a figure faded into veiw. It was one he could never forget.

"You! What are you doing here, traitor?" Claw ignored him, turning instead to Wild Angel and Ducky. "You must leave this place, quickly! It'll collapse in minutes. Finish here, and return with all speed!" The creature turned his burning red eyes onto Kroys. His voice rang in the evil sorcerer's head, and Kroys got the feeling that only he could hear the message Claw imparted to him. "You have wrongly branded me as traitor, enemy. For that I would kill you, except that I know that I cannot kill any here, and the same goes for anybody here. But there is one who has been greivously injured by you, one who is a killer, yet a friend. She may succeed where we seem to fail; Shinyso has sensed her presence on Carrotus, by her burning fury against you. She comes even now. Watch your back if you wish to live!" The figure stepped back, and the mist concealed him again.

Wild Angel had been advancing on him, and Kroys turned his attention back onto her. "So," he snarled. "You have even more allies than I had counted on. To what end, rabbit?" There was no answer. Kroys watched her from the shadows of his hood, ignoring the fact that Ducky was glaring at him.

He felt a tug on his senses. His contempt turned to alarm, and then to fury as his power level dropped considerably, flowing out like floodwater through a breached dam, like the tide. Only the thought that she couldn't kill him allowed him security, and he clung to it.

He couldn't move. Wild Angel had bound him with a spell, and he could only watch and wait as her diamond began to glow. He turned his attention inwards, and saw what Angel had her focus on: a bright, gleaming blue tendril of power, one that had only just begun to tarnish from the filth of its container. She reached for it inexorably, and he allowed her to. The shred was pulled away from him, and dimly he saw the diamond grow brighter. Then a beam of dazzling white and blue light lanced out from it, and enveloped Ducky. Then it slowly sank into her, and the leaping electricity that laced her body grew visibly brighter.

Wild Angel waved her wand at him, and the bindings that held him loosened slightly. She hadn't heard what Claw had said, he knew, so she had attempted to kill him. . .

He worked at the bonds, shredding them. Abruptly he stood, tearing away the last of the magical ropes, throwing them aside. His eyes glowed bloodred, and he seemed to grow larger, more evil, with sheer fury. Just as a beam of sizzling red power shot out at the two avengers, Angel placed her paw on Ducky's arm and they disappeared.

Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

May 2, 2001, 04:54 PM
Duh duh daa daa!

Nifty chappie, Copper

JCF Member

May 2, 2001, 05:02 PM
Woot, spiffy, thank you

`Ducky
Kaz

JCF Member

May 2, 2001, 05:31 PM
LOL copper, I just wanted to point that out, I would've done it for any other character as well.

May 2, 2001, 05:39 PM
Are you taking joiners still, Coppertop? This is a very cool story

Coppertop

May 3, 2001, 12:47 PM
"Thank you, thank you, hold the applause, just throw quarters. . ."

That's what m'sister always says. If ya want to join, Phoebe, y'can, I just need the profile (and I was just sayin' that I might need more joiners, too.)

Chapter Twelve, continued

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!! The high-pitched sound alerted Devan to the fact that he was wanted. He scrambled to his feet, nearly knocking his glasses off, and clicked the "Receive" button. A three inch high hologram flickered into existance.

A hooded figure stood in the middle of a room, holding a staff. Glowing red eyes glared at Devan, and, knowing that Kroys could see him, he bowed his head clumsily, almost falling over.

"Devan Shell, when may I expect the new slaves?" Devan gulped. "Uh, in, um, a few days, sir," he stuttered, and crossed his fingers behind his back. "Good. I am informed that a group of rabbits are heading your way. Create a trap. I will tolerate no failure this time." Devan promptly crossed the fingers of his other hand. "Y-y-yes sir," he blurted. "We'll do that immediately."

The hologram faded out, and Devan summoned the messenger lizard. "Hey you, lizard! C'mere a minute," he yelled, and the lizard made a mad dash for the door. Devan gave chase, and finally cornered the escaping lizard in a hallway. "Tell those Tuff Turts that the Boss says there's a bunch of dumb rabbits comin' and he wants us to get 'em. I expect them to be in Hangar 3." "B-b-but sir," the lizard trembled, "That's where the Slaver II is!" "Of course it is!" Devan bellowed. "Ya think I don't know that?" "Uh, uh, no sir, I'll tell them right away, um, SIR!" "That's better," Devan said as he walked away. "Much better."

Although Kovu had accompanied Copper and Claw the last time they'd met Kroys, he still didn't have a real reason to want to kill him, except for that insult. So while he participated in the battle planning, he didn't plan to fight Kroys himself. Until he heard Kazooie's news. "Guys," he announced, "SAM says that Carrotus has just been attacked by a big spacebase. She says they think it's the Conquerer." Coppertop gave him a curious look. "SAM? What's that?" Kaz shrugged. "She's sort of a 'super computer.' (Yes I read your profile Kaz, and from now on you're Kaz, not Kazooie.) It's kinda hard to explain, I'll try to get more accurate later. But, um, waitaminute... She says that alot of the shielding was destroyed, and part of the Palace leveled. I think we oughta go help out, there's not a lot we can do on this backwater planet." Kovu got up. "Carrotus got attacked by Kroys? Why?" (I assume you're from Carrotus, Kove, I am (even though I lied to Kroys) and I think most of us are) Copper glanced at Shinyso. He shrugged, and Kaz replied to Kovu's question. "Somebunny warned them about Kroys, SAM says it was somebody named Alpha." Copper stood and looked over at Ducky, and the two headed for the cockpit.

Like I said b'fore Kaz, m'sorry about the character portrait in the previous chapters.

Whatever.

"So what?" -Coppertop

JCF Member

May 3, 2001, 01:39 PM
Yay! Woot, nifty, CT, I can't think of any adjectives, though...eh sorry :P

`Ducky