Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

A new jj.net admin: Yes or no?

View Poll Results: Would you want a new jj.net admin?
Yes,that'd be nice 18 58.06%
No,that'd be awful,keep the CC crew!!!1one 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Feb 6, 2011, 06:49 AM
Ah. Well,that is like it should be.

(ffs CCers keep off the poll,I didn't literally mean "keep the CC crew",as they're not gonna change)

Last edited by Lithium; Feb 6, 2011 at 07:14 AM.

JCF Member

Grytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legendGrytolle is a forum legend

Feb 6, 2011, 08:20 AM
sry we didn't realize we weren't allowed to vote, nor that this poll was that serious

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 08:23 AM
No,I'd just people to explain why should we keep only with the CC crew. Apparently CCers get it in a different way and massively vote for that option

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Feb 6, 2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytolle View Post
The new admin should be able to use php and html so he can help Nerd bugfix the site.
Gry wins. Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium
If you mean "the programs you make",that means only programmers should be admins,which wouldn't be that fair.
I can make some programs, why I am not an admin? I am active, know to code in C, was moderator on one of the best forums in my country, was an admin on CS1.6 server (was 2nd when I was playing there, now it's lower), was an admin on the best CS1.6 server and still I am. Why shouldn't I be an admin? Well I do not want it.

Lithium, was it easier to ask DZ about this? DZ is the man who decides will there be more admins, not JCF poll. No offense, I support you in some parts, but you're not alright all the time. Ask DZ to give you admins rights and everything will be fine (if you be an admin, and don't do something stupid ).

JCF Member

Anubis is doing well so far

Feb 6, 2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
No,I'd just people to explain why should we keep only with the CC crew. Apparently CCers get it in a different way and massively vote for that option
"keep the CC crew" sounds as if you want to take down the current CC crew and replace it with a new one, at least to some of the people who voted it probably sounds like that

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
"keep the CC crew" sounds as if you want to take down the current CC crew and replace it with a new one, at least to some of the people who voted it probably sounds like that
Yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni View Post
I can make some programs, why I am not an admin? I am active, know to code in C, was moderator on one of the best forums in my country, was an admin on CS1.6 server (was 2nd when I was playing there, now it's lower), was an admin on the best CS1.6 server and still I am. Why shouldn't I be an admin? Well I do not want it.

Lithium, was it easier to ask DZ about this? DZ is the man who decides will there be more admins, not JCF poll. No offense, I support you in some parts, but you're not alright all the time. Ask DZ to give you admins rights and everything will be fine (if you be an admin, and don't do something stupid ).
Well ya know,I can make some programs too,but I doubt jj.net will have use of my "Hello World",square root calculator and converting temperature in Fahrenheit to Celsius programs.

And also,you got it really wrong. This thread wasn't for me to ask DZ to make me an admin. IT'S FOR THE COMMUNITY,to get a new admin because they wanted it. And yes,I'd like to be that new admin with the support of the community.

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 10:02 AM
I already received a few "yes you're like that and that,we know that". Just ignore.

Anyway,LET'S VOTE? HELLO ADMINS,CAN YOU HEAR ME??? LET US ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS???

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 11:31 AM
no, there's no vote

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 11:35 AM
So you're denying our request? What does the rest of the crew say? Has DZ said anything about this?

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 12:21 PM
We're not saying there won't be a new admin, we're saying you most likely won't get to vote about it.

Besides, we don't have any candidates with PHP+HTML knowledge yet.

Last edited by Grytolle; Feb 6, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Feb 6, 2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Toni: DanZeal is a grown man. He's way too mature to ban people from ZD because of a thread like this. (We won't ban anyone from jj.net for this either).

Possible candidates imo:

clanless: cooba
GpW: Lithium, Urbs
CDF: Treylina
id): FireSword
BRFH: r3p

Lithium and cooba are the best options imo (Urbs isn't interested)

(I did look at Y's and Cpt's member lists too)
Please, leave me out of this.
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Feb 6, 2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
We're not saying there won't be a new admin, we're saying you most likely won't get to vote about it.

That's indeed one of the major problems.
We all have ideas for solutions and such... Now to find someone who has the time to create things the way you all want it

JCF Member

Feb 6, 2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:

Why shouldn't we vote for an admin? Then it would be pointless to ask for one when we won't even choose him.

Anyway,we had enough. It is pointless to resist further,and the only thing I can do right now is to agree with you guys,since whatever the community does to get its own admin,it's just impossible to make a deal. All hope is gone,and we can just wait to see what our wise master says.

[pointless]hail DZ[/pointless]

Yes,I do whine now

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 6, 2011, 02:04 PM
There's a few major factors that decide whether site staff is fit for running a site. Obviously people need to be prepared to put aside time to work on the site. They also need to have the right skillset; if you're running a website, you'll need people who know how to handle the website code and such. Last but not least the staff needs to be able to work together as a team.

This last point is why it's a very bad idea to appoint a new staff member by popular vote. A reason why Jazz2Online staff was, until a while ago, composed of a lot of DM members was that they knew each other and thus worked together well. It's not some evil plot to gain as much power for the clan; it might as well be a simple side effect of forging a team of people who work well together.

Considering what Vegito and Grytolle said, I bet that if someone with good web coding skills who is willing to spend time on improving JJ.net and can work together with the current staff shows up, he'll be taken in regardless of clan allegiance.

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Feb 6, 2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
There's a few major factors that decide whether site staff is fit for running a site. Obviously people need to be prepared to put aside time to work on the site. They also need to have the right skillset; if you're running a website, you'll need people who know how to handle the website code and such. Last but not least the staff needs to be able to work together as a team.
That you should require the right skillset is kinda obvious, but there are more fishes in the sea then just your local fishing pool. You just need to check else where some now and then.. otherwise you keep on getting the same fish.

People feel the pressure that it's somewhat biased and somewhat unfair with the rules. If you are to ignorant to listen to that, then you don't have the right skillset for the community. Listen to that and don't just wave it off with one-liners.

Quote:
A reason why Jazz2Online staff was, until a while ago, composed of a lot of DM members was that they knew each other and thus worked together well.
Actually J2O had way more members from different clans then you think. But ofcourse MERC and DL had to merge for some reason ;p

Quote:
It's not some evil plot to gain as much power for the clan; it might as well be a simple side effect of forging a team of people who work well together.
No no no, the people aren't complaining about that. Yes, they believe that the current crew has their best intentions, however want to see a different color and voice there.

The voting is more about people wanting to see a change, not on voting who it's gonna be.. but putting up a vacancy and ask the people WHY they would like to be a supervisor. That's a good start, instead of handpicking people from your friends group . I'm just saying....

I would put up something like this;

''We are currently about to expand the JazzJackrabbit.net Crew to guarantee that all of our upcoming cups do have a high quality and a good coverage. Your job would be to fill the open position as Cup Supervisor, with a possible promotions in the future.

General requirements:
In-depth knowledge of the community.
Must be up to date on the game all the time.
Very active and willing to invest his/her time to help the community out.
Must be available on IRC (QuakeNET) and must participate on forums.
Good knowledge of written English.
(Cup) admin experience.
Must be able to work together within the Crew.

Are you the person we are looking for? Then fill out this application!"

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

Last edited by ShadowGPW; Feb 6, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Feb 6, 2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Actually J2O had way more members from different clans then you think. But ofcourse MERC and DL had to merge for some reason ;p
I worded that poorly. The J2O staff was perceived as a close-knit group primarily composed of people of a select few clans. Which was the case, but also had its reasons.

Quote:
The voting is more about people wanting to see a change, not on voting who it's gonna be..
I don't know what thread you're talking about, but Lithium has been pretty literal with his proposal of "voting for a new admin".

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Feb 6, 2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn View Post
I worded that poorly. The J2O staff was perceived as a close-knit group primarily composed of people of a select few clans. Which was the case, but also had its reasons.
I know what you mean I wasn't to serious in my reply anyway.

Quote:
I don't know what thread you're talking about, but Lithium has been pretty literal with his proposal of "voting for a new admin".
Yes, but not about WHO it is going to be, because we aren't voting some names now are we? People are just talking about people that have the potention to be one.

Nothing bad about that. Discussions are good !

S.H.A.D.O.W.: (aka Ins0mnia)
Synthetic Hydraulic Android Designed for Observation and Warfare

Mystic Legends
http://www.mysticlegends.org

Follow me on twitter: @Ins0mnia
Follow us on twitter: @Mystic_Legends

JCF Member

Feb 7, 2011, 03:59 AM
Shadow,you really have a point. We want to see some changes,and here we are not voting for someone to be a new admin,we're voting for the crew to get a new admin. Anyway,until DZ comes here and posts,we'll just stop the discussion about his servers and deal with the site.

Stijn,I'd actually like to vote for a specific person AFTER the crew says we can vote for a new admin,but that's not likely to happen.