Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Apokallyipsis

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Jun 28, 2001, 06:00 AM
I CLAIM 3RD PAGE!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

Jun 28, 2001, 08:19 AM
Blast you, Kazoo!

(evil laughter)

no, BlackSheep's not dead, yet, but she is

dying, and unless she gets to the medical

bay on the ship fast she will die.
-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Jun 28, 2001, 04:08 PM
Blackie's going through enough. Poor sheepie.

I was GOOOONE, Kovu! You have no right to post when I'm goooone!!!

DiY.

Oh well, nice chapter anyway

`Ducky
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 28, 2001, 07:18 PM
Ehe, sorry, you went somewhere?
Coppertop

Coppertop is doing well so far

Jun 28, 2001, 08:47 PM
lol, Ducky

ruxOr, Kove, more?
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 29, 2001, 08:20 AM
Not t'day, tomarrow ye shall get yer fill, wot?
-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Member

Jun 29, 2001, 09:28 AM
*throws a fit* NOooooo!!! toDAY, Kovey!!! I have to clean the whole house from tip to cellar and you must cheer me UUUUUP. *stamps*

I went to my friends house. We swam all day.

I want mooooooree!!!

Nyeh.

;P

`Ducky

JCF Member

Jun 29, 2001, 09:32 PM
Agh, sorry, Ducky, ah well...

you swam ALL day? ANd you didn't invite

ME? Waaaaaa...

anywho, here's you're story, all,

Chapter Ten: What May Come

Just as a seething bolt of plasma was about to come barreling out of the ship's cannon, a beam of red energy crashed into it's underside, hurling the ship into the side of a building.

Tymen still carrened through the air, his mind sifting through life in slow motion, until, in mid air, he felt something grab him. They he felt it fly him to the ship, as the others arrived there aswell. It was Kazooie!

"Kaz! You saved me!" Tymen shouted thanks, still atop the bird's back as he touched down.

"Don't worry about it, I've carried more people more places in this series that I ever..."

"What?" Tymen did actually hear him, it just made no sense.

"You never mind, get in the ship!" Kazooie barked, er, chirped, unceremoniously dropping Tymen to the sand. They didn't have to be told twice, and rushed into the ship, until Ducky noticed the already badly hurt Tyio, slowly coming up behind, carrying the near dead BlackSheep.

"Tyio!" She cried, and was about to go after him, but Seraph quickly snatched her arm and held her tightly inside the ship.

"Don't be a fool!" She surveyed the other three squadrons, and that ship, that were now closing on the limping Tyio.

"But...he'll get killed..."

"So will you, and I can't afford three casualties." Ducky stood, nervously wishing Tyio would come faster, as Seraph ran to the cockpit and fired up the engines.

"Kaz! Is she prepped for launch?" Seraph shouted out the door, over the scream of the thrusters.

"Ready as ever! Listen, don't stand gawking, get a move on!"

"Come with us, we could use more hands!" Seraph proposed.

"I have to stay here, otherwise they'll get to you to fast!" Silence passed through a precious few moments.

"You're brave, Kazooie! I'll never forget you!" Seraph shouted, just as the steel doors shut tight.

Then, the engines spat all the energy they could muster, as trails of blue fire led from the hangar, and the Penultimate cut through the streets faster than you can say 'knife.'

Then, in a last blaze of glory, Kaz ran back inside his hangar, pulled out the single largest blaster he had, and ran back out into the flat, still moist streets as the Knn fighters bared down upon him.

"Burn you invading scum!!" He fired the blaster over and over, taking several fighters down, until a assault ship dropped a bomb. It plowed through the air, until it landed squarely on the roof. Then the hangar, and Kaz with it, exploded in a fireball.

The Knn had done there morbid work of slaughter poor Kazooie, and now they were coming back for him!

Tyio thought, as the fighters wheeled around, back torwards him. Looking down the street noticed the Penultimate was flying back. But it would arrive all to late, as the Knn fighters prepared to fire.

"This is the end, eh?" Tyio thought, but at the last possible moment, a beam of red energy burst through the foremost fighter, and the others scattered abit.

That bought him time, and he saw a flailing chain ladder hanging off the side of the Penultimate. His last, desprate chance, he reached up to snatch the metal ladder with the hand that wasn't carrying BlackSheep.

Almost...got it! His mind reeled with joy as he snagged the chain ladder and began ascending up it.

'Help those who need help, with this staff, or it will eat you're soul.' That was the inscription on the Staff of Magma. Unfortunatley, Juiso only read this after the thing had bonded to him, and we could not get rid of it.

He didn't like this, this adventurers life, he'd rather be at his nice, comfortable home, sipping some green tea.

But he didn't very well like the proposition of being a souless demon, either.

This all issued from Juiso's mind as he fired fire blasts from the staff of Magma, downing the Knn fighters that pursued that hapless ship. What was a ship like that doing anyway, it sure wasn't Knn, if the aforementioned were trying to blow it out of the sky.

A black, shadowything rose, right infront of Juiso, like a bearer of death, it was a ship. From it's cavernous 'mouth' a bolt of plasma reeled him across the rooftop he was perched upon, and destroyed half the roof itself. Though quite shaken, Juiso didn't allow the ship a chance to fire again, and concentrated all the energy in his staff straight torward the ship, it's shields swelling to the point and the shattering like glass, a thousand times over.

"Please state the nature of the medical emergency." The medical droid chirped, as it hovered over to the strecher and Tyio beside it.

"Hi, she's got severe burns, and a loss of blood." A laser beam sprung from one of the apparatuses adorning the droid's head, landing on Tyio.

"I regret to inform you but you have no such ailments."

"She does! Her, her!" Tyio frustratedly pointed to BlackSheep.

"Ah, computing..."

"You should let it tend to you aswell, Tyio, you're quite hurt yerself." Seraph stated.

"I'll be alright, listen, a guy backthere, on one of the rooftops, saved my life with some kinda energy beam, we should go back and get him...or her." Tyio argued to Seraph, who moved to the cockpit to relieve Tymen.

"Oh my, you're absolutley busting with motherly compassion." Seraph giggled, grasping the controls.

"Check you're mouth, rabbit! And besides...it's just a weapon like that could be useful...Ducky, Tymen, c'mon, we need to get to the turrets." Tyio ran from the prosecution, hustling down the hall torward gunnery. Ducky gazed torward Seraph confusedly, as the ship wheeled around inside the tight confines of the city.

"Permission granted, go along with him."

"Ah...alright, captian." They followed suit, down the metal hallway.

Tyio sensed the other two coming down the hall as the door behind him slid shut, locking him into the suspended cylindar. Quickly, a holographic display appeared all around him.

"Please select enviroment." The computer chimed.

"Atmosphere."

"Please select weapon mode."

"Destroy."

"Initiating." The chair hissed hydraulicly as it climbed up the shaft, meeting up with the blaster turret on the outside of the ship.

"Let's fry us some Knn."

The Demon knew the gravety of the situation all too well. As his mind wandered, staring from his contemplation chambers down onto the nearly barren Carrotous. He knew, if Tyio possesed part of the Artifact, he could well find his way to Mosshia, then Turriol, and Knnryshaa, and Gala, and...

"Grey." The Demon hissed. Though he could predict his opponents actions perfectly, he had no clue where the five worlds where, and would have to allow them to find the planets for him.

That was the only way, to unbreak the balance that had been made...in another time.

The doorbell chimed and the door itself slid open, as a humble colonel walked in.

"You summoned me, sir."

"Have them prepare my personal Deahtflie and a fleet of five standard Deahtflie, two cargo ships, and a astrometrics craft. And prepare my shuttle, to leave for my Deahtflie. And have it be done in the hour."

The colonel knew how impossible that was, but feared questioning him master,

"Sir, it's impossible to rally the entire crews of all those ships in just a hour."

"Do as I say or ever member of the crews on those ships will be shot!" The colonel managed a weak salute.

"Y-yes, sir."

Four large bolts of green energy sped from the Penultimate, crashing into the black ship that was giving the fellow that saved Tyio a hard time, causing it to jolt back, and away from the rabbit. Alloting the precious time before the ship regained itself, Seraph piloted the ship down near the rabbit.

"Hop in!" She shouted, the sounds of engines obliterating all silence.

"What! No!" The rabbit, whos features Seraph could not really make out, called back.

"I SAID get in!!"

"...Okay..." The rabbit jumped into the ship, closing the hatch behind him, just as the black ship punched a hole through the Penultimate's shields.

"Time to go!" Seraph leaned the pilot's stick forward, and the thrusters propelled them away from the city and into the sky.

The left wing of a Knn fighter exploded, then the ship carreaned out of control as a green bolt pierced it, from the blaster turrets. Innumerable wave after wave of fighters persisted upon them, as they barely dispatched them, the ship climbing through the atmosphere.

"We're getting close to space, were going to have to bail soon!" Tymen shouted through the sound of wind whipping across the ship. Indeed, the air was getting much thinner...

About then, the black ship appeared from no where, firing a blast that sent Tyio hurtling from his post, and he would've fell to his death hundreds of feet below if he had not snatched one of the enlongated ovals that ran the length of the ship.

"Tyio!" Ducky disengaged from the turret, climbing down the vertical side of the ship as quickly as she could without slipping and dying.

"Ducky! No, stay back, you'll kill yourself!" Tyio shouted, as his grip on the oval deteriorated.

"I'm not going to let you die!" Triumphantly, she lept down to the main area of ovals that housed the engines, where Tyio was.

"Grab my hand!" She shouted, outstreching one arm, holding onto the ovals with the other. It was prehaps then, the wind directing her fur as she bravely tried to save him, that Tyio looked at Ducky in a diffrent light.

Another blast came from the blast ship, hitting Tyio right in the hands, and he fell...down and down.

"Tyyyioooo!"

Asari flipped a switch inside the Beagle, sending it into autopilot.

"It's time to exact my revenge." Asari chortled, picking up her sword, then leaping from the side of her ship, straight at Tymen, who still remained at his turret.

Tymen almost saw Asari too late, just as she was about to dive her sword into him, he flipped the auto-gunnery switch on the turret and hopped from the seat, grabbing a pole that supported the turret and swinging around it, as Asari's sword plunged through the chair, sending stuffing flying. Tymen flipped around, grabbing one of the barrels, pulling himself up, all the while bobbing from Asari's mad stabs.

"O, the grievance you've caused me, Tymen! It is atlast, I shall have my sweet revenge!" Asari cackled, slashing at Tymen's head.

"I really don't know you! You've got the wrong guy!" Tymen did a short leap in the air, avoiding the slash.

But, he realized he was wrong, in that cold, icy stare there was something familiar.

Could it be...

Tymen was bought back to harsh reality as he barely negated a lunge torward him. Seeing opprotunity, he kicked the now closer Asari, causing her to fall infront of the blasters...just as they fired.

"No!" Tymen shouted, as two blasts of energy seared through Asari, as she fell, nearly halving her.

The ship, realizing her mistresses dire need, flew down to her, as Asari pulled out her own time device, the cage, and placed her hand on the cold hull of her ship.

"No matter how hard I train, no how strong I become, no matter how many I kill," Asari found time for a introspective moment, even as her very life force slipped away, "you always defeat me..." the energies of the transportation began to take affect, her and her ship being eaten by a all encompassing blue.

"Prehaps that's why I lo..." and she was gone.

Tyio didn't have to fall far, he landed on the tip of a Knn fighter and, summoning all his strength, jumped from it, back up to the Penultimate. Just as he was about to snag a nearby oval, a blast from the fighter came to meet him, drawing a line of blood up his back, and a scar along his left eye.

"Aaah!" Tyio clutched his eye with his only free hand, recalling the severe damage his body had taken through the course of this battle.

"It's Tyio!" Ducky laughed, seeing Tyio on the other side of the ship, scaling up it.

"Seraph!" She pressed a comm. to her mouth.

"Yea?"

"Open the bay doors, Tyio is on the outside, he needs to get it!"

"Alright, but you better get in too, were about to leave the atmosphere!"

"Alright." Ducky shut off the comm. and began climbing up the side of the ship.

Like a wound, the underbelly of the ship opened up, just before Tyio.

"Excellent!" He laughed...almost, much of a vocal jar could send him carrening to his doom. Feeling for a handhold of some sort on the inside, he quickly found one, and began pulling himself up. Just as his eyes

rose into the hangar, he saw a blast heading torwards his legs. Not a lot of time to get them up.

On his nearly destroyed limbs, he pulled himself up as quickly as possible, the blast barely missing him and crashing into the hatch walls.

Finally out of the battle, Tyio's mind went to work straight away, as he saw the fighter, the Albatross.

"Akael."

Ducky looked out, amid a hail of blasterfire, just as her chair (with her in it) sank into the ship, seeing the Albatross speed out from under the ship, off torward the desert.

"What's he doing?" Ducky said, a pint of anger in her voice.

"What?"

"Tyio just stole our fighter!"

"What...we'll have to deal with it later, get inside." Seraph commanded through her comm. Juiso in the co-pilot's seat, as she flipped a series of switches, comming up to the radiation barrier.

"This better work Kaz, or i'll strangle you once I get to the afterlife!" Seraph shouted, her finger hovering over the right button, waiting for the appropriate time.

"Almost...now!" A blinding bolt of energy encompassed the ship, and the brownish cloud of radiation fell around them, unable to contain such energy.

"Guys....were out!"

Epilouge

The sun had barely dawned over the calm ocean, as I stood there, staff in paw. The great turtles, quite off in the distance, sang a victorious song. The first stumbling block had been passed, and that was cause for joy.

But now, as all lies before us.

What happens next?

Up next, Part Two
-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jun 29, 2001, 10:35 PM
I forgot what I was going to say, but it was something good. (And I guess I don't have to ask if you killed Kaz, it being sort of obvious)
defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Jun 30, 2001, 06:07 AM
Oooh! Kovu let me be in the story! It's me defalcon! I'm posting an updated profile again. I'll post it in War Tavern Story Profiles (Check latest page). Please???
defalcon

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2001, 06:43 AM
To make things easier, I'll post my updated profile here for you.

(Please add me, please please please!)

PROFILE:

defalcon phoenix

Appearence:

NORMAL

Sky blue fur with a snowy white undercoat (chest fur). Emerald green eyes.

SUPER-JACKRABBIT

Golden fur with a snowy white undercoat (chest fur). Emerald green eyes.

Clothing:

OUTFIT 1:

Black singlet, purple long sleeved flight jacket, long black pants, black boots, thin belt with black leather pouches, black leather knuckle-gloves (fingers stick out).

OUTFIT 2:

Matrix/Angel style outfit. Dark grey shirt, black leather jacket/trenchcoat, long black pants+black boots, black leather knuckle gloves (fingers stick out).

Weapons:

-Twin grey coloured blasters. Believed to be one of the most powerful set of blasters in existence.

-Twin golden mystical swords. Only defalcon can wield them. Their handels, with a leather grip encrusted with precious gems, will sear the hands of anyone else who wields them. They enhance his power and are unbreakable. He keeps them on long scabbards on his back.

SPECIAL POWERS

Flying: Whilst flying takes small amounts of energy, it is not draining unless he is completely exasted.

Transformations: See below.

*Ki-blasts: defalcon is able to shoot numerous Ki-Beams of various forms and various power. He can do one handed and two handed energy beams and bolts.

*Masenko-ha: Ever watched Gohan's special attack? defalcon can do this too, and he packs a punch. Usually done in the air (jumping, hovering etc) his hands are raised above his head and are then brought down to perform a two-handed blast of energy.

*Special Beam, 'THe WAAAGH': a two handed beam of energy. His hands are brought together and are linked by the thumbs. THey are brought in front of him and a massive Ki-blast is expelled from them. His most powerful beam.

*NOTE: If in his normal form, the ki blasts are blue. If in his super Jackrabbit form then they are golden-yelow.

FORMS:

Normal form: In this form, defalcon is powerful and has his regular blue+white fur.

Super Jackrabbit form. The only Super Jackrabbit in existence, his blue fur becomes a bright gold and his power is increased by an unmeasurable amount. All of his traits, strenght, speed etc, are enhanced. THis form is akin to what a Super Saiyan is in Dragonball Z, except WAY more powerful.

Peregrine Falcon Form: In hisnormal form he transforms into a small bird of prey, the peregrine falcon, the fasted bird in the air. It is used for scouting and hiding from enimies.

Phoenix form: In his Super Jackrabbit form, instead of turning into a Peregrine Falcon, he becomes a large bird of pure fire, the phoenix. This transformation again magnifies his power. But mantaining it for long periods of time uses great deals of energy. Merely transforming to this state and back is tireing and he must keep control over the phoenix form at all times.

ATTACKS:

-Beams of fire

-Most powerful attack; glowing golden then jetting straight through the enemy.

Skills and Abilities:

-Ace pilot, equipped with the knowhow to operate most forms of transport, fighting vehicles etc.

-Dead shot with a gun.

-Grade A swordsman, one of the best alive.

Personality:

Whilst extremely powerful, defalcon can be hotheaded at times. He often sits and talks with friends, enjoying a carrot ale or two.

He has travelled through time so much that he is rarely surprised by anyone or anything. In battle, he either is grim and watchful or fired up and beserk.
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2001, 07:12 AM
Uh, Defalcon, I'm not accepting joiners.
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Kaz

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2001, 09:05 AM
YOU KILLED ME?!

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2001, 12:37 PM
Arrggghh! wonderful, kovey, the thunderstorm put off my reply...*beaming* I'm happy.

Continueee!

`Ducky
Kaz

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2001, 03:45 PM
HE KILLED ME BECUASE I STOLE HIS PAGE!
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2001, 04:07 PM
Yes, I did

(Guys, he's not actually dead, I just enjoy

him screaming inanely at me, he actually

survived, even though I thought it'd be

quite noble if he died saving us all)
-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Éminence Grise

Jun 30, 2001, 05:21 PM
No! Keep him dead! Then you can be a (wait for it) Sur-e-al Killer! Whew. Noble or not, you shouldn't scare us like that.
defalcon

JCF Member

Jun 30, 2001, 08:51 PM
No joiners? Oh. Okay, I'll just read along then. No problem. Well, then I'll post my usual Sureal phrase: Continue.

Hey, I'm starting up a story. Anyone wanna be in it?

Coppertop

Jul 2, 2001, 11:58 AM
Me!

*sniffles* quite dramatic, Kove. And as always, awesome!
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jul 3, 2001, 10:04 PM
Yep.

Part Two: Not Quite Paradise

Prolouge

Asari lay, twice in a week, in the medical chair, nearly blow into two pieces by Tymen's turret.

Emotions wheeled through her, after seeing again the land where she first began her hunt.

Had she been wrong, all that time. Should she have given rabbit-kind one last chance?

Should she cast all companionship away, just for one rabbit.

Just one rabbit, the only one she had ever trusted, the one she loved with all her soul.

The one who betrayed her.

"Computer, begin plotting another attack on Tymen in the time-space continum!"

Chapter Eleven: Akael

The tiny Albatross cut through the heady skies of Carrotous, with several Knn fighters on it's tail.

The computer told him he would have to follow the side of Daroth, then head straight north, to arrive at that city, south of the Bourn River. Akael, city of demons.

Hovering, in a ever vigilant scowl above the ring of atmosphere about the planet Carrotous, stood the Knn war fleet. Composed of fourty Knn Deahtflies, one Kournan S planetary siege craft, ten thousand fighters, and thousands of personel. Being such a large gathering of war-time vessels, it would be hard to pass by it undetected, as our heros must now do.

BlackSheep hung suspended in a large, test tube like glass cylindar, filled with water, as cambried microbes repaired her battered body, and the clumsy medical droid hovered around, performing various tasks. Seraph had called a shipwide meeting at twenty two hundred hours. But, she considered, as she strode into the medical bay, the droid paying her no mind, that that would be quite some time off, and she could spend some time with BlackSheep. In a noisy manner, she pulled up a chair next to a glowing red terminal, entering a sequence of keystrokes, then speaking,

"Hello." She said, in a most nonchalant manner. On the red screen, some text appeared.

'WHO ARE YOU?'

"I'm Seraph."

'PLEASE GO AWAY.'

"Don't worry, I know how difficult it is, to make sure you don't think something. It takes a great deal of mental disipline."

'PLEASE GO AWAY.'

"No, I won't. Look, Tyio hijacked our fighter, Tymen and Ducky are repairing the damage to the ship in EVAs, Juiso is watching the cockpit, making sure the Knn don't detect us. I have no one to talk to, really, so can't we just...talk?"

'WHO IS JUISO?'

"Juiso...ah, he's the chap that fired at a few fighters, giving Tyio a chance to bring you aboard, while you were unconcious."

'WHY DID TYIO GO?'

"I...don't know...." nevously, Seraph changed the subject, "you sound positivley maternal, BlackSheep, in you're concern." She laughed a little.

'DO NOT...SILENCE.'

"Angry, are we?"

'PLEASE GO AWAY.'

"Lay off that! I'm not going away, alright." She shifted in her chair, "fine...what do you think of our little motley crew? Give me you're opinion on them."

'I BELIEVE THAT...I MEAN...'

Seraph laughed loudly this time, frighting the medical droid into a corner for a moment.

"Too hard to hide you're true thoughts, eh? Go on, I won't tell anybody."

'...VERY WELL, I DO NOT TRUST JUISO, WHOEVER HE IS, HE IS A SPY. I DO NOT TRUST YOU, YOU MAY BE WORKING FOR THE KNN ASWELL. I TRUST TYMEN, I DO NOT KNOW WHY. I TRUST DUCKY, I CANNOT EXPLAIN IT, BUT I KNOW HER, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE NEVER MET BEFORE. I AM FOND OF TYIO.' Seraph was taken aback by the bluntness, she had never spoken to anyone through direct brainwave uplink before.

"Well, ah, atleast you're honest." Seraph looked rather uncomfortable, getting up and heading to the door,

"I...must go prepare for the meeting."

Tyio, in his pilfred Albatross, looked over the choked lands of Carrotous. Fortunate enough, the ship could keep a comfortable clip, while still remaining heads infront of the Buggers pursuing him.

"Computer, map." He barked, and a holographic image of the surrounding territory popped up and filled the entire area of the cockpit.

"Good, were near Akael." Wonderous images ran through Tyio's mind. Of the heros welcome he would recieve, for traversing time and space to serve his people.

His revere was interrupted as a bolt of energy rocked the fighter, sending it hurtling to the sand below.

In the tactical room of the Penultimate, stood Seraph, Tymen, Ducky, Juiso, and a portable computer pad linked to the one in the medical bay, so even BlackSheep could be represented. Juiso, was a intriguing rabbit, just apperance wise. First off, it was obvious he was the youngest member of the crew, while Seraph guessed at around twenty, Tymen's estimation dipped aslow as eighteen. His fur was odd, purple color, but like purple that had been bleached, so it was more white than anything, but his hair was a true, deep purple.

And his eyes were red...a odd combination, not that he selected it. He wore yellow body armor, and at his back at all times was a gnarled old staff.

"Alright, this is the first official ship wide meeting, we have a lot to cover. First, a recap," Seraph strode over to the large screen in the room, as a wireframe image of the Penultimate displayed.

"We've lost our fighter, stolen by Tyio, which also means were short one crew member. One of our members is in critical condition in the medical bay, and I believe he still have a good deal of damage in the engine compartment...." she looked around at the others, then continued, "now the bad news, in the last battle, one of the two Hyper-Space matrix coils was damaged beyond repair. With only one, we can achive speeds of but lightspeed times twenty." The image of a yellow, rocky world, with a multitude of lights on it,

"as captian, I have elected to go to Tubelectric, the nearest port world, for a new one. Here, also, we may be able to get information as to the location of Symballen's Archon. Are there any objections?" Everyone gave a slight 'no' nod.

"Very well then. As to our current situation, we are pinned under the Knn warfleet, hiding in there scanner shadow. If we stay here too long, without firing our engines, our orbit will deteriorate and we will fall back into the atmosphere. We have a very small window of opprotunity." The image of the Valkrieye and a smaller Knn Deahtflie appeared, with a dotted line connecting them.

"Thanks to Kazooie's hacking technology, i've been able to determine that, in twenty minutes, a shuttle containing the Knn leader will move from the main Knn ship to a smaller one, most of the fighters will have guard duty. This is our time, when there distracted, to get far enough away from Carrotous so that we don't suck it into a hyperspace hole, and then speed away, torward Tubelectric. Agreed?"

There was a pause, as all the crew members ran the plan through there minds.

"Agreed."

"WARNING!" The computer squealed, at the tiny Albatross nosedived torward the smooth sands of Carrotous, to certain death.

"What happened! No Knn fighter is that fast!' Tyio shouted, looking over his shoulder, outside. To his dismay, he saw a fighter quite larger than the standard sort.

"Blast! It's one of the specialized ones!" Mear moments before slaming into the sand, Tyio pulled the fighter up, causing the Knn one to explode on the dunes, as his backup sped forward, taking up the main position. Flipping several switches, Tyio set the Albatross to maximum speed, knowing the safety of Akael waited just behind the horizon.

He could see it now, emerging over the horizon, the sun setting just behind it as night crept over the land.

"I'm comming home!"

-Kosh, Babylon 5
defalcon

JCF Member

Jul 3, 2001, 10:36 PM
Awesomeness! Cool story.

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 4, 2001, 12:27 AM
Yes.
Kaz

JCF Member

Jul 4, 2001, 12:38 PM
Hooray! A continuation!

(How cool, I still help you when I'm dead =P!)
Coppertop

Jul 4, 2001, 07:02 PM
Aah, they all replied ahead of me

That doesn't change the storyline or my opinion. . . Your story is skyrocketing!

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2001, 11:22 AM
Awesomocular but you must STOP writing while I'm GONE!!!!!23456

*sob*

nice.

`Ducky

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 5, 2001, 12:25 PM
Something I never understood. Why did Tymen attack Asari anyway?
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2001, 05:06 PM
You're not supposed to understand, yet.

Thankies, all.
Coppertop

Jul 5, 2001, 07:33 PM
Y'welcome
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2001, 08:03 PM
Alrightie, here it is.

This chapter, I have decided(after much deliberation), will contain the lyrics of

a song to highten the emotion, like they

do in movies.

It's a horrible song, by a horrible band,

I know, but it's the only one I could find

that fit.

Chapter Twelve: Waste

Night carresed the broken world of Carrotous like a blanket. The worries of the day washed away as the sun died. Peace...

but not for one hapless soul.

Like shards of glass, bolts of energy singed along the hull of the Albatross, as Tyio wove it through the night torward Akael. He recalled all the time he spent there. His birth, his being whisked away to the training camp at a age of two. His non-stop, brutal training until the age of fifteen. That's when he proved his prowess in the Battle campaign of Ort'Nanak, and became a warrior. At the battle of Anguish Lagoon, he proved his valor, and was upgraded to Commander. He lead his battalion through countless battles aginst the Carrotians. Then came the Cold War. When his weak brother, C'matt, failed to lead the defensive battalion around Akael properly, the Carrotians overran the city, and subsiquently conquered the fledgling empire living encased in enemies. His people where oppressed constantly by the Carrotians, for four years. During this time he wandered Carrotous, searching for awnsers, he found none. When the Carrotians began to torturously murder his people, he lashed out at the town of Otomayim. This time, with words. He had, then, had the idea sparked in his mind about the truth of things. But it was quickly asundered when he was captured by Carrotian soldiers, interrogated over and over, then moved to the orbital stations where he was slated for a painful death by depressurization.

His people, would rightly, celebrate him as a hero, since they, undoubtedly, were no longer under occupation by the hideously weak empire. He then noticed, he was flying over water. It must have been that, when the atmosphere became so hot, the icecaps melted, and the Bourn expanded to include Akael.

No matter, that would make it all the more strategically strong!

"At last..." Joy filled Tyio, as his ship flew into the city.

But, looking around, he saw all the tall buildings, pround monuments to Akaelian thinking, were shattered, broken and collapsed or hollowed out. No lights, no people...nothing.

Tyio would accept it, he couldn't. He couldn't accept...everyone he knew was dead.

"Claimed by the sea..." Amid the concofony of steel and wire and rope that lay mangled as the gravemarker of Akael, floated some, wafting object.

In the dead silence of the moment, Tyio flew the Albatross over to it. He found it was a very old, dried piece of paper. At the last possible moment, he snatched it, brining it inside, reading the faded letters on the brittle

parchment. It read,

'Go now, bravely,

if you are an enemy

you will never be trusted

but you're enemies will have rusted

a brave song sung never, you must

and cast you're lot in those you cannot trust.'

--Tyio Nuradan

Horror filled Tyio to the brim, to the point where he had to remind himself to breath.

He had never written this, he wasn't any sort of poet. But there it was, in his handwriting, with his first name and last...

"My God...what does this mean?" His revere was interrupted, as the Knn fighters caught up with him.

"Blast them!" He took up the flight stick again, but he continued to run the words through his head. All

of a sudden, the meaning struck him. He had to go back, to Ducky, and Tymen, and BlackSheep and Seraph...

"...and cast you're lot in those you cannot trust." He had not been much of a believer before, but a message, from himself? It must be some intervention...

The Albatross flew up, torwards space.

In the cramped, confined quarters of Asari's home in subspace, she reviewed the next attack on Tymen.

"Simple, head him off in orbit around Mosshia. I'm certian they'll figure out to go there, what with the piece of the map Tyio found, and the skillful map-readers they will meet on various worlds... Once I take care of there ship, I can just leave, that idiot Demon won't know where to go without them." She laughed at the god she could play, knowing the past.

"And once I kill you, Tymen, then my revenge will be complete..." She remembered those precious few days

after she met Tymen. Did he remember them now, or had he drowned that personality too entirely?

// I'm looking at my watch//

All her life, atleast, most of all she could remember, she had been hunting Tymen,

// At all the time that's been stolen//

All that time, stolen, by his lies and deceit, by the horrid politics of a dying world.

// While I was carrying you//

A thousand times, over and over, had she tried to stop him from doing what she knew he would do.

// It seems I've tripped and I've fallen//

A thousand faliures. But this time, only victory awaited, in this, special universe, haunted by evil.

// Don't want no one to ache//

Why had this happened, this twisted mixture of death and pain Asari had made her life out of...it was not her intent, though it was completely too late now.

// Oh, to be drunk and forgetful//

She hated him! What he had done to her! She wished it would fall into obscurity, into Forget, Limbo...the depths of Hell! She didn't care...

// To get out of this unscathed//

It was a impossibility to survive this perfectly, why, her soul was already damaged beyond repair. Because of that...that demon!

// Oh, to be free and inhuman//

Escape was not an option, but to be free from all this would be bliss. But bliss was not allowed for the Acursed...acursed by the lies of Tymen, by the game of blood she played on reality.

// Some may say, I love, to play//

The game she played on reality, for it was all a game, as anyone who has been to the netherworld can tell you.

Just a never-ending cycle of hatred, that would always repeat itself.

// When the chance is there to take//

Asari wanted to die, to be freed from this insanity. She could die, once she killed Tymen, for her revenge could be complete. And that would be the final loving gift he gives her, the ability to die.

// I'm mopping up the floor//

A romantic degree, a hateful right of blood, whatever it may be. Once Tymen dies, Asari too, can die, a thing she wanted more than anything, to escape from the game of life.*To enter into entenity, the Beyond.

// the messy recipies of romance//

It would be the most wonderous gift anyone could give her, and she did truly love Tymen for that. But she couldn't be freed, until he did die, and all things were complete.

// I'm packing up the parts for many cooks in the kitchen//

What blind fool had made up the laws of the afterlife? All things in moderation, it must be, that is the key to redemption, and infinity, that is the only way all parts can be picked up and rebuilt. Or so Asari thought she heard someone say...

// Some, may say I love to let a good thing go to waste//

Her soul had gone to waste, her life, and it was impossible to heal. But if she could be reborn, she could be freed...atlast...

// I let it go to waste!

Let a good thing go to waste a good thing go to waste,

Let a good thing go to waste a good thing go to wate,

I'm looking at my watch,

at all the time that's been stolen

When I was carrying you,

Seems I've slipped and I've fallen.//

Freedom was so close, and Asari had but Tymen to thank. For that, she loved him.

The whole crew of the Penultimate stood poised, ready to fly ahead as soon as the shuttle began it's trek."Okay, everyone, get ready, any mo--" Seraph was cut short, as she saw all the Knn ships run from the posts, torwards another fighter...

No, it couldn't be, but that was the Albatross.

"Impossible...oh well, Juiso! Fly ahead at top speed, and then Hyperspace away the moment were far enough away from Carrotous!" Seraph ordered to the current pilot, Juiso.

"Wait...that's Tyio's fighter!" Ducky shouted, looking out the cockpit.

"We don't have time, he's doing a brave thing, allowing us to get past, we can't let that go in vain!"

Ducky, bravely, walked down the dead silent halls, torwards the aft.

"Where are you going?" Seraph asked, snapping slightly.

"To save him in a EVA."

"You can't do that, I need you here!" Seraph stormed back after her.

"Sorry, captian." Ducky retorted as she climbed down into the hangar area.

-Kosh, Babylon 5
Coppertop

Jul 5, 2001, 08:15 PM
Woo! First to reply! Awesome, Kove. . .

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 5, 2001, 08:19 PM
Weird, but good.
Kaz

JCF Member

Jul 5, 2001, 09:02 PM
NO! NOT DUCKY! (great story/lyrics Kovu!)

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2001, 06:10 AM
NO! NOT ME-- um, what are we yelling about? At least I'll have a glorification in my last hours, wha'?

Oh nice, Kove...

`Ducky
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jul 6, 2001, 12:09 PM
I think Kaz is talking about you going to

save Tyio. Hn, it's getting rather dramatic,

and Asari is craaaaaazy.

Very good, Kove, continue!

Why thanks, Kove, I will...

never mind.

-Kosh, Babylon 5
Coppertop

Jul 7, 2001, 02:43 PM
Very funny, Kove

More? Uhh. . . right. You said you would already. . .
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jul 8, 2001, 08:57 PM
Here's some more story for you peoples.

Chapter Thirteen: A Prelude To HyperSpace

Blaster fire tore through the tiny Albatross, it's small shields collapsing, then it's hull being mauled.

Literal scores of fighters rushed to Tyio's craft, as it resonated a QOP(Quantum Outflux Pulse) from the atmosphere jumped, to make it seem as if a quantum bomb was about to be detonated aboard, drawing as much attention away from the Penultimate as possible.

"Sluo gun ma kyanni ma'un!" Tyio screamed through the comm. in Gerenpfpssh, firing at the Knn craft with the quickly draining lasers on the Albatross. But, the standar KWWW of the blasters stuttered, and died as a bolt sliced through them.

"Dyma!" Tyio cursed in Gerenpfpssh(he thought it appropriate he died speaking his peoples tounge.) Shoving his helmet on and grabbing two blaster guns, he kicked the glass, it starred, then he kicked again and it shattered, allowing him acess to the hull.

"Tekchh!!!" He screamed a final scream, his small blaster guns blaring, as a trio of fighters came in for the kill.

The engines of the Penultimate cried in agony, using the hull of the ship to amplify there screech.

Ducky ran as quickly as she could through the white, obstacle laiden hangar.

"Ducky, stop!" Seraph's order was barely audible over the wail of the engines, and the battle that roared outside. She was about to turn around to give the clanleader a sharp comment, to find the aforemention's foot hurtling straight at her head. The pain from the powerful kick delivered with a high heeled boot was incredible, but it was just as painful when she smacked into the pipes that made up the floor.

Still dazed, Ducky groped the deck for a weapon of some sort, feeling the gaze of Seraph upon her back like a knife. Finding a broken piece of piping about the length of a short staff, the whirled around, preparing to smash Seraph upside the head.

"You're bravery is admirable." Seraph lectured, stopping the pipe with her fore-arm as it, not her, bent, she the grabbed it's tip, yanking it away from Ducky, and crushing it. She then crossed punched Ducky across the face. All Ducky could think of is how incredible her strength was, as she then elbowed her in the other side of the face, and launched her to the other side of the hanger with a knee to the stomach.

"But your skill is lacking."

Pain was awash through Ducky's body, but her single-mindedness in the task to save Tyio was unwavering, as she again felt for a weapon.

The Knn cruisers and there escort moved into formation with a low humm, as The Demon scowled, his window overlooking the ruined planet of Carrotous. It's overun rivers and oceans, it's dry wastelands, it's sparse patches of forest and jungle. It's lack of ice. All caused by him.

"No, I didn't cause this. I have, as before, before time was welded away, always just nurtured the Evil Seed, where it had previously existed." With a wave of his gnarled hand, he made a image of a yellow, rocky world appear.

"'Tubelectric, the planet of sights and sounds

Where the music will blare on and on

As you die.'" The Demon recited,

"Cyerim Norfolk, 2031 A.D." The Demon smiled, "I remember back when Tubelectric was created, on a thousand years ago."

"A supposed place of happiness, a new home for the wandering Sparynlites." The Demon proudly strode to the holographic sphere, caressing it's non-existant sides.

"And look at it now, where everyone is drunk, the sun has been blotted out by solar panels so it can be an eternal party night, and more people are murdered in a single day than in all the planets in the Carrotous system put together."

"Sure, they may have became serious during that Rancorian ordeal a few years back, but all in all, a divinely twisted planet." A evil plan crept onto the Demon's mind, as he made a comm. activate.

"Treseda!" He shouted to the figure in the hologram.

"Esx assault force, at your serve Demon."

"I want you to send you're best Esx to Tubelectric, now, further instructions upon arrival." The shillouted figure on the screen seemed to contemplate it a moment.

"It'll cost a lot."

"Pice is no object." The Demon hissed.

"They'll be there, my leige."

In the way of a weapon, Ducky had found another broken piece of pipe, and was again charging at the now well proven fighter, Seraph. The latter crouched down, and struck a stance, preparing for another futal attack. However, it never came, when in a unexpected move, Ducky hurled the piece of pipe like a spear, hitting Seraph straight in the throat, giving Ducky time to put on a EVA and go help Tyio. Infact, she had barely completed the tast when Seraph stood again, ready to charge full, but saw it too late, when the hangar hatch opened and Ducky whooshed out into the void.

Tyio stood on the wreck of the Albatross, firing his last clip. However, the tough hulls of the Knn fighters (atleast compared to hand blasters) meant he had only downed a few fighters.

Another trio of fighters came in from his right side, and he knew that they would kill him, and he accepted his demise. All until a blast of blue energy seared right beside his head, knocking the middle fighter into two pieces and the other two to scatter. In the everlasting slow motion, Tyio turned around, seeing Ducky toting a large blaster rifle, and heading torwards him, with a cord running back to the Penultimate.

"Ducky! Stay back! Save yourself!" Tyio shouted.

"I'm NOT letting you die out here!" With what force she had left after her brawl with Seraph, she grabbed Tyio so he could make a mad suicide run, and activated the cable to bring them back.

"Why'd you save me, I mean, I stole the ship, and all that...why?" Tyio asked, his voice in a chattered mess over the comm. system.

"I got you out of trouble this far, why give up now?" A weak smile passed between them, Ducky placing her gloved hand on the faceplate of Tyio's EVA as if to touch him.

Seraph ran to the cockpit, holding her neck where Ducky's pipe hit it.

"Go to HyperSpace, now!"

"But Ducky and Tyio aren't back yet." Juiso, still in command of the flight stick, said.

"If we wait around any longer, were going to get blown out of the sky, as much as I want to wait for them, we have to go NOW!" Juiso looked to the others crowded around the cockpit for confermation, then began the sequence to enter HyperSpace."

"HyperSpace in 5, 4..."

As the underside of the hangar opened, a blaster bolt seared through the night, headed straight for Tyio.

"Tyio, look out!"

"3..."

Ducky hurled herself infront of the blast, it searing across her suit as her blood, her life force was yanked out of her body by the void as phenominal speed.

"2..."

Tyio climbed up the cable, into the inviting interior of the Penultimate, blood falling faster and faster from the unconcious Ducky.

"1..."

The hangar bay closed, and oxygen fled back in with a crack like thunder, as Tyio qucikly removed Ducky's EVA helmet and ran up to the Medical Bay.

"0..."

Juiso leaned on the HyperSpace Activation Switch, and space fell away into the invinities of color and blackness that is everything and nothing.

Beyond the speed of light.

"Excellent, we're in HyperSpace, inbound for Tubelectric, ETA, 2 days." Juiso leaned back in the chair, well proud of himself.

"Uh...guys, we've got a problem." Tymen stated, looking over one of the screens on the control panel.

"There's a Knn fighter stuck in our HyperSpace wake."

-Kosh, Babylon 5
Kaz

JCF Member

Jul 8, 2001, 10:20 PM
Dundunn dunnnnnn

(blast the stupid thing! Or at least create a large weapon fire right behind you!)

JCF Éminence Grise

Jul 8, 2001, 11:34 PM
A hyperspace wake? What in the worlds is that?
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Jul 9, 2001, 07:05 AM
A HyperSpace Wake:

*transforms into a Albert Einstein type person*

According to Einstein's theory, it is impossible to excell speeds faster than the

speed of light. However, with a dimensional

jump into a field known as 'HyperSpace'

we can reach speeds many times the speed

of light, with little or no time dialation.

This maneuvar can not be performed near any

objects, for the HyperSpace 'wormhole' would

suck in things as large as a star, if it's

close enough. Any object within a ten mile radius of a HyperSpacing ship will be caught

in the HyperSpace 'wake', a vortex of energy

created by the velocity of the HyperSpacing

object. This has been used in the past as

a method of 'stowawaying' on larger vessels by non-HyperSpace capable starcraft.

And Kaz, you know good and well you can't fire in HyperSpace!
Coppertop

Jul 9, 2001, 04:52 PM
Very true, Kove. I understand everything but the explanation.