Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Apokallyipsis

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Aug 6, 2001, 10:11 PM
Even though I cannot see the 4th page right now I CLAIM THE 5TH PAGE!!! BWAHAHAHA

EDIT

Under extreme negotiations, pages 1,2, and 5 will be owned by Kovu once he has posted the next chapter.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 7, 2001, 01:00 AM
Not again, Kaz. You're unfair.
Kaz

JCF Member

Aug 10, 2001, 06:58 PM
While I'm at it, I shall do the forgotten and unheard of and claim the first and second page!!!

I OWN 80% OF KOVU'S TOPIC!!!
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

Aug 10, 2001, 07:37 PM
Gimme the pages Kaz, right NOW!

If you don't I will stop writing Sureal and everybody will be REALLY mad at you!

So fork 'em over, NOW!
Kaz

JCF Member

Aug 10, 2001, 11:08 PM
Nevar!!! But I shall trade you page 2 for page 4!

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 11, 2001, 12:24 AM
*Deletes all the pages* Oopsie.....
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2001, 06:58 AM
oh well, too bad Kazamaman.

*grabs infinite power switch that once turned off will delete all Sureal based content for thirty lightyears*

-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Aug 11, 2001, 08:39 AM
Um..

`Ducky

JCF Member

Hareoic is doing well so far

Aug 11, 2001, 08:50 AM
*blows up Kaz*

Oops, what am I doing here and what did I do...?

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2001, 05:03 PM
You are reading a brillant story. So sit down and listen. I'm in it. *squirms excitedly*

*steals everything from Kaz while he battled Kove with a spoon*

`Ducky

JCF Member

Aug 11, 2001, 06:15 PM
mwahaha, I still have all the pages! Well, except for page 4

Coppertop is doing well so far

Aug 13, 2001, 10:53 AM
Woo! Haven't been on in a while, but Kove, ya just keep getting better!
Kaz

JCF Member

Aug 17, 2001, 05:17 PM
Lalala... WHEN'S THE NEXT CHAPTER?! I EXPECTED IT AT MIDNIGHT?! HMM?!

JCF Member

Aug 17, 2001, 07:07 PM
WELCOME TO THE APOKALLYIPSIS EXTRAVAGANZA!

From now until monday, you'll get one chapter a night? Is that great or what?

Well, here's the first installment:

Part Three: The End

Prolouge

Again, Teross laughed.

"Well! You've found me out then. I am indeed as you say, Teross, one of the seven rebellors from the Darkness. I've lived through all that was the original universe, and all that is this, and I am above all of it! I am the true master of fate!" Teross spread his arms far, to prove he encompassed all. Asari smiled, but it was masked by her cowl.

"Indeed...but, if thy wishes it, how did you survive the apocalypse of the original universe??"

"Evil endures all, once cast into hell, I hid as a lowly peon, until I could slip back into a new dimension, since the etheral is unnafected by actions in the physical." Asari nodded, understanding now.

"Now, you tell me, how did you find this out? I am the only one that still exists from the original universe."

"Nay...there exists another."

"Too true...so, they've finally returned, have they?"

Chapter Twenty One: Fortelling of the Legend

Music resounded through the lightly rooted trees. Beings of all manner swung through the trees torward a mass of glowing orbs, as night had alread fell.

"Indeed? You came from a place ten trillion island tortise shells away? Such a sojurn I could not bear." A alligator like creature commented in a booming voice across the hard wood table, covered in alien delectables of all sorts.

"In a manner of speaking, yes." Seraph commented, then stuffed her face with a lettuce like plant, covered in a red sauce.

"Were you taken by the back of a Jemendad?" With eyes swiviling, something rather like a crab asked.

"Come, come now! Let us not bear our guests of honor with tedious questions!" A turtle like being, the same one that had greeted them, with cords of vegetable hanging from his mouth as he spoke in another, throaty voice.

"So! What brings you to our humble island?" The turtle turned, patting Tymen on the back with one massive claw and shoving food into his mouth with the other.

"Well..." Tymen mumbled, straining to eat without utensils, a bit of noble blood shining through.

"We come looking for an artifact, a piece of a map."

"Then it is the oracle you should see!" A frog from a distant part of the massive table piped in.

"The oracle!"

"The oracle! Yes!"

"Go see the O' mighty oracle!" Voices sprung forth from all around the table, amid the constant humm of talking.

"Where does the oracle live?" Tyio asked, taking a chunk out of some meat.

"Atop the highest tree." The turtle commented.

"Great! Let's go!" BlackSheep stood up, but the alligator quickly snapped out,

"No, eat, drink first, then the oracle you shall see." The feast, in honor of the guests from afar, continued late into the night, the merryment sent to a rythm by the song of thousands of crickets. It was well past midnight, when a good percentage of the feasters were drunken or asleep, that Ducky asked about the oracle,

"The festivites seem to have died down...can we see the oracle now?" The turtle gave a deep laugh.

"I dunna know, can you? Haha! Come, come, let us see the oracle!" As the turtle fell into his slow, steady trot the rabbits fell behind him. Eventually, they came to a massive tree, which roots spread though the entirety of the soft soil, very wide around, with soft, moist bark.

"This, my companions, is the tallest tree on all of our island." Without another word, the turtle turned and stuck his claws into the bark and began ascending it. The others found protruding pieces of bark and climbed. All except Seraph.

"Seraph? You comming?" Juiso looked down, inquisitivley.

"Ah..yea...you see, I've a bit of a fear of heights..." She nervously stated, obviously not wanting to loose face amid her crew.

"Don't worry, I'll climb below you so if you fall I can catch you, hows that." With great caution, Seraph sunk her fingers into the soft wood.

"Very well." Then, thought of a way to maintain pride, "I mean, if I had lived someplace other than the desert, where it's very flat, I'm sure I would've." Realizing her words fell on deaf ears, she angrily became silent. They procedded up the massive tree, unevenfully, until they were about three fourths up.

"We're almost there!" The turtle bellowed down, at the top of the group. No sooner than this had been said, then a squish SPPLURT could be heard as a piece of bark gave way and Seraph went plummeting. She clawed futily at the bark as she descended, just sending more wet wood flying.

Just a soon as it seemed death was inevitable, she rammed into the Juiso that was quite a few feet below her, as he'd promised. But Juiso had not expected this turn of events, and began falling, until with lightning speed, he retreived his staff and shot it into the bark, some of the water beetles crawling out of the puncture.

"That was too close." Shortly thereafter they arrived at the tip of the massive tree, upon which was set a small hut, completly dark on the inside.

"You've come, as I predicted, Anatius." The turtle, Anatius, as apparently his name was, gave a nod and replied,

"Indeed I have, father Genyisix, I have brought seven travellers from afar, they wish to speak to you."

"Yes..." Genyisix replied, still entombed in shadow. Then, that changed, he stuck his head out. It was similiar to Anatius' in shape, turtle like, but his eye's glowed red and he was covered in long, strips of material.

"What is it you wish to know?" He asked, his voice hallow and airy.

"We seek a piece of a map..." Seraph said, hoping that would be a sufficient explanation.

"Yes...you will have it." He extended a massive claw like Anatius', only much older and very wrinkled. In it there was a glint of stone.

"Under...a condition."

"What is it?" Tyio asked rather abruptly.

"When you reach you're destination, tell the one you meet there this; Anmad namelad Teradoss aresux Apokallyipsis." He opened his claw, and Seraph quickly snatched it, fearing he might change his mind, then fused it with the other two pieces of the map.

"As soon as the sun flys above the horizon in the marrow, you must leave, for every day spent here equals one month in time away from here." They were shocked to hear this, and, in response, they hustled down the tree quickly. Night was restless for them, and tiredly they left at sun up, and departed the watery world.

"Okay *yawn* what's our next destination?" Juiso asked, his eyes abit saggy.

"It's..." Seraph's voice froze.

"What?" Tyio asked, shoving up to see the map."

"According to this, the planet we go to next is...

Knnryshaa."

Up Next: Chapter Twenty Two: Sky Over Enemy Homeworld. The next planet on the map is the homeworld of those dastardly Knn?

And Asari is back in town and prepping for some revenge!

Looks like our heros are in for some trouble.

You better get ready, for next time on Sureal!

-Kosh, Babylon 5
Kaz

JCF Member

Aug 17, 2001, 08:04 PM
Strange... strange yet interesting as the plot thickens.

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 17, 2001, 08:06 PM
Every night? Oh wait, just until monday. EVERY NIGHT FOREVER!!!!!!!!! Oh well. Keep at it, and continue. (Duh)
Coppertop

Aug 17, 2001, 08:29 PM
Woo hoo!

MOREEEE!!!!!
defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Aug 18, 2001, 04:38 AM
Go Kovu!

JCF Member

Aug 18, 2001, 01:43 PM
Very spiffy.

Um, you know that whole Dream of Blue turtles or whatnot, whats that from? cos I knew, but now I forgot..

Teehee ;D

`Ducky

JCF Member

Aug 18, 2001, 02:43 PM
Geniyisix? Did you put me in under that name? Hmmmmm...

JCF Member

Aug 18, 2001, 09:53 PM
Kovu, you owe us two chapters...

JCF Member

Aug 18, 2001, 10:09 PM
So, you've found me out, eh Ducky? So I did steal the name, but it sounded really cool! And it fit with the plot...

don't tell anyone were I got it from tho(if you remember)

and...no, Gen, I didn't even consider that...

Genyisix has a completely diffrent meaning.

(I'll give you a hint, it's really important, think about Genyisix's message, namely the last word, remove and add some

letters, and you'll be that much closer to figuring the story out...)

If no one get's it then I'll tell you I guess.

Chapter Twenty Two: Sky Over Enemy Homeworld

"The Knn homeworld?!" A reply came up almost simultaniously amid the crew.

"According to this...yea." Seraph replied glumly. They all slumped in there seats.

"How're we supposed to retrieve a small piece of map on a planet covered in hostiles.

"I may have a awnser to that." Kaz, in his usual annoying voice, said as he appeared from the technological intestines of the Penultimate.

"What is it this time, Kaz?" Tymen asked, rather irritated.

"We've found pieces of the map at the same latitude and longitudinal position on each planet, therefore the need to search is dramatically decreased." Kaz piped in, acting rather proud afterward.

"Wow, you were actually useful for once, Kaz, what do you say, captian, do we go for it?" Juiso asked, still handling the controls. Seraph stood, rubbing her chin, pondering for a long while, until she finally said,

"I suppose we really don't have a choice."

Asari looked over the various indicators in the Beagle, as it cruised through the dry, orange sky of Knnryshaa.

"Commander, we've reached NAV Epsilon, orders?" A garbled message came over the comm.

"Good, set down the craft, and impart upon the ground troops that they may come our way." Asari said in her eloquent tounge.

"Roger." Teross had laughed when Asari requested the use of his troops to intercept the Penultimate when it came knocking for the fourth piece of the map that would lead them to the Symballen's Archon. And he gladly handed over command.

With deft movements belying her years, Asari set down the triangular Knn fighter in the red sand of Knnryshaa. With hydraulic power, the view panel lifted and Asari stood from the cockpit, the constant slight breeze moving her hair.

"You! Have my active armor ready by the time we ambush the Penultimate!" Asari ordered to a Knn soldier as they passed by.

"Yes, sir, erm, ma'im." Asari lept from her fighter, as the sounds of tanks and mecha could be heard stomping up over the horizon.

"This time, Tymen, I'll be ready, and you will die."

Knnryshaa was considerably closer to Turtani than Turtani was to Mosshein, so the trip through the bowels of HyperSpace was a short one. It was six o'clock ship time(and nine Knn time) when the Penultimate left HyperSpace. However, no one was at the cockpit at the time, it was being piloted by Kazooie. Everyone was in the lower levels, the planning room.

"Okay, in review, Kaz will maintain orbit at a stable la grange point from the planet. We'll take down the entry craft and land one mile away from the presumed location of the shard. We'll move in silently, and let's hope we evade enemy detection. Should we get into a fight, the objective will be obtaining the shard, not taking out enemies. Understood?" Seraph asked, as a three dimensional image of the terrain they were about to cover, mostly plains, rotated beneath her.

"Understood." They all replied, and in turn, Seraph turned to her comm. unit.

"Kaz, are we in stable orbit?"

"Yes, captian."

"And we've yet to encounter resistance."

"Yes, I know it's odd, but if one were to attack the planet, this would be a strategically unsound place to do it, so I imagine they keep it rather lightly guarded." Kaz intoned over the comm.

"Very well. Men, suit up, we enter the atmosphere in one hour!"

The camp set up in wait for the Penultimate was rather busy, with hovertanks and mecha milling about and being repaired by plethora of engineers. Asari sat under a brightly lit, insect infested tent, meditating as a number of majors discussed the attack amid themselves.

"Anmad namelad Tyioden atemus Genyiysus." The words ran through her mind. What did they mean?

They weren't Gerenpfpssh, she was well learned in all the languages of Carrotous, and this was not one of them. However, it bore a striking similarity to Gerenpfpssh, the word Anmad resembled Annad, which ment 'ultimate destiny' and atemus which had a similarity to atamus, which meant 'the alliance of.' It was the word namelad that eluded her. It was not Carrotian, not Gerenpfpssh, not Akaelian Gerenpfpssh or Wastish, or any other language she had commited to memory in her time wandering Carrotous. Tyioden and Genyiysus seemed to be names. Then she considered the figure himself. A being of mystery, with red eyes and large claws. He had told her that truth, not revenge awaited her at the end of her journey. She attempted to kill him for that comment, but some hidden aura prevented her from doing so. As if she were under the beings controlled. She had to get her revenge aginst Tymen, curse the prophecies of a old turtle! And she had to find the Archon, for it contained all the awnsers.

The crew of the Penultimate was armed to the teeth, and the entry craft had a weapon or two aswell. The entry craft was a small craft that could barely carry the crew, used for situations were it would be prohibitive for the main ship to drop off troops, it could be used to glide through the re-entry plasma and had enough retro rocket fuel to escape a medium sized planet's gravity.

"Open bay doors." Seraph ordered barely above a whisper.

"Opening bay doors, bay door opened." Kaz chimed, as the massive mechanical doorways opened and Knnryshaa stood beneath them, a vast, red wastland.

"Release docking vice."

"Releasing docking vice, docking vice relased." The entry craft floated out of the Penultimate now, into the vastness of space.

"Keep a sharp eye out, Kaz." Tymen threw in for good measure.

"Don't worry, I will."

Juiso, seemed to have taken a permanant piloting position, edged the tiny ship out of orbit, and it began the chaotic descent into the planets atmosphere. The entry craft shone like a brilliant red beacon aginst the black sky of night, and Seraph was concerned, with good reason, that the enemy could pinpoint her.

With great irrevrence, Asari snapped out of meditation, a single eye locking onto the image of the descending entry craft, far in the distance.

"They're here!" She shouted, and made a run for a nearby mech a massive rocket cannon. With her ninja like agility, she climbed up the mech's legs and to the torso, and shoved the pilot off the side.

"Away, knave!" Frantically, she pressed a series of buttons and the mech went online, the cockpit shutting around her. A targeting diamond appeared, and she painstakingly lined it up with the small target, even with the zoom at maximum, of the entry craft. Once aligned, the pressed a button on a command stick.

And a rocket burst from the mech's cannon.

Up Next: Chapter Twenty Three: Escape from Enemy Homeworld!

With there only way out destroyed, and no way to contact Kaz, how can our massively outnumbered hero's survive? Or will Asari and the Knn win?

You better get ready, and find out, next time on Sureal!

Bah...
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Kaz

JCF Member

Aug 18, 2001, 10:25 PM
Augh! Kovu! Dangit! If you really wanted to be stealth, you would have sent out fake rockets!

JCF Member

Aug 20, 2001, 06:26 PM
Uh, yah...

Chapter Twenty Three: Escape From Enemy Homeworld

The rocket burst through the entry craft, fortunatley it did not explode immediatley, but it threatened to do so. Seraph snapped out an order,

"Abandon ship!" In there battle garb, they lept off the side of the destroyed entry craft. In full active armor, they plummeted like rocks, and had to fire there manevering thrusters to avoid a unpleasant landing, dispite the fact that someone might see it and figure out they weren't on the entry craft. It appeared they were luckier than that, as all the Knn congegated on the crashed entry craft and not them.

"Everyone survive in one piece?" Tymen whispered through the comm. Followed by a number of 'yeses' or confermative grunts.

"Okay, now here's the plan." Seraph began, as she scanned the base with her nightvision visor.

"While there checking out the entry craft, we sneak into the base and steal a mecha, one person pilots it to cause chaos in the camp, while the rest of us search for the shard. Who voleenteers?" Seraph turned to them, hoping she wouldn't have to single someone out.

"I'll go." Tyio raised his hand, the active armor mechanically hissing.

"Great, great, then let's move out." There they split, Tyio moving torward the camp, while the others began there search.

"So, what exactly are we looking for?" Ducky asked.

"Something metal." Juiso quickly awnsered.

"No, something rock." Tymen rebuked.

"Why something rock?" Seraph asked, her curiosity buried by commanderness.

"Think about it, on Carrotous the shard was made of glass-like crystal, found in a city of glass. On Mosshein the shard was stone, because of the stone buildings. On Turtani, the shard was made of wood, for obvious reasons. So it follows that, since the whole planet is a rocky desert, the shard would be made of a similair rock."

"Good luck, that'll be like finding a needle in a haystack." BlackSheep interjected.

"Prehaps you needn't find it atall." A sharp voice said. They whipped around and barely saw in the black sky, Asari, holding something that looked like a shard of the map in one hand, and a blaster in the other.

"You!" Seraph snapped. Immediatley, Asari fired a bolt of energy, which moved so quickly Seraph couldn't hope to dodge, and it silently pierced her armor, and flew further out her back.

Eyes full of shock and anger, Seraph collapsed to the ground.

Half the camp was at the site of the entry fighter, a advantage, Tyio decided, as he snuck around the cloth walls of the make-shift camp. He heard a patrol of two soldiers two soldiers about to pass by. Slowly, he un holstered his gun, then jumped straight in there path, shooting one immediatley, and then knocking out the other with a well placed kick.

"No!" Juiso filled with rage and charged Asari, with staff ablaze in his hand. Once he was near enough, he struck at her head, but with one arm behind her back(literally) Asari blocked it. Juiso then attempted to lunge at her, but he large sword snapped his staff in half when she blocked it. Since Juiso's life was tethered to the staff's well-being, he staggered back, precious life force lost. Taking advantage of this, Asari reeled back, then thrust her sword through Juiso. He spat up some blood, and uttered a silent curse, then collapsed to the rocky earth of Knnryshaa. The others stood back in controlled fury, they obviously couldn't match Asari in gunnery or swordsmanship.

"Will no one stand to stop me?" Asari cackled, her cloak wafting in the night.

"Fine. Then perish!" She fired a blast at BlackSheep, again so quickly the rabbit couldn't respond, and she fell over. Then she ran up with her incredibile speed, and lept behind Ducky, sinking her sword into her back.

Tymen could only stand and watch, with rage building inside of him, as his companions fell, the rock stained red.

"Well, we meet again, Tymen." Asari laughed, brandishing her blood stained sword.

"How...how do you know me?! What do you want from me!" Tymen slunk back a pace, but drew his own sword. Asari grabbed her cowl and pulled it down,

"Still don't recognize me?" Tymen did not reply, only stood his ground. In a instant, Asari lept at him, and then pinned him to the rock.

"Then, how about a name, being, Dehmali." With that word, Tymen's hidden past was exposed, and he scrambled to recover it.

"D-Dehmali?"

"Yes, that's my alias, my true name is indeed Asari. Curse you...now I will have my ultimate revenge for what you did to me!"

"I? Did to you?" Using his ages old combat training, he shifted his weight, tucked his legs, then kicked Asari off of him.

"You're the one who betrayed me after catching me from that fall! I should've guessed you're intent was to kill me all along!" Tymen shouted, and the two lept at each other, becoming embroiled in a duel.

"What?!"

Tyio hoped he wouldn't be singled out amid the sparse inhabitants of the camp. He was nearly a foot shorter than a Knn soldier, the clothes he stole from the patrolers barely fit, and had to put a cloth over his mouth and nose, the only exposed parts that could be used to differentiate the two species.

"Shmettlainat!" A large, decorated Knn approached him. Knn cursed under his breath, he was speaking Knn. Instead, he performed a silent salute he'd seen a Knn use.

"Askremak, iumprod?" Iumprod sounded like Iimprod, a Gerenpfpssh word, which means scarf or cowl. Prehaps he asked why he had the cloth over his mouth.

"*cough* *cough* wreskrok *cough* *cough*." He mumbled wreskrok, the Gerenpfpssh word for sick, hoping it was similiar to the Knn word for it. The Knn commander nodded and walked away. With a deep sigh, Tyio continued on torward the mecha he'd spotted.

The deadly duel between Asari and Tymen continued on,

"More trickery! I know what I know, and I have the scars to prove it! You filthy traitor."

"You're nothing more than a rich duke's son, and that's all you'll ever be!" Asari slashed, and Tymen blocked, and then he returned. The fight continued in this way for several minutes, and Tymen became incresingly aware that the Knn had abandoned the entry craft and were heading his way.

All that changed, as a massive blast from a rocket launcher stuck the earth right behind Asari, sending her hurtling several feet behind and above Asari. At the end of the trail of smoke, stood a massive mech!

Up Next: Chapter Twenty Four: Gold And Tears

Strange new worlds await our heros, if they can get off Knnryshaa! Will this mech kill Tymen? And will the other, injured crewmen get medical attention in time? And how will they get off the planet?

You better get ready, and find out, next time on SUreal!
-Kosh, Babylon 5

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 21, 2001, 02:04 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry, I get a little eccentric at times. I MEANT to say that you did a great bit of work, and should continue or BE SENTENCED TO FIREY OBLIVION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCF Member

Aug 21, 2001, 05:12 AM
No, too late, it looks like there all dead. Wheeee.

Narf. I can't remember, Kovu, fneh.

Well anyway continue, yes, spiffy chapters, etc ec, whatever I'm supposed to say, I'm rather tired.

`Ducky

Aug 21, 2001, 04:44 PM
Join the club, Ducky.

Ruxor, Kove, as always!
Kaz

JCF Member

Aug 21, 2001, 07:23 PM
You'll owe us 3 chapters in 38 minutes!

MWahaha, ruxor story indeed!

JCF Member

Tha Psycho is doing well so far

Aug 21, 2001, 09:42 PM
Cool!
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Aug 22, 2001, 12:56 PM
3?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOU'RE MIND????

I do have other things to do that write stories, y'know.

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 22, 2001, 02:35 PM
Make them really tiny.

Chapter 1:

And

Chapter 2:

they

Chapter 3:

all
Kaz

JCF Member

Aug 22, 2001, 04:08 PM
I miscalculated, but you do owe us like 2 chapters give or take.
Coppertop

Aug 22, 2001, 06:57 PM
Quote:

On , Kovu aka Alec wrote:

3?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOU'RE MIND????

I do have other things to do that write stories, y'know.

What? You have other things to do? I can't believe that. Write!

JCF Éminence Grise

Aug 22, 2001, 07:32 PM
It's after monday, you know. He's under no more obligation to write.
Tha Psycho

JCF Member

Tha Psycho is doing well so far

Aug 22, 2001, 10:06 PM
It's like we have a gun against Kove's head and he has to write...hmmm....that's not good for him, i think

JCF Member

Aug 23, 2001, 01:46 PM
Koveeeey.

`Ducky

JCF Member

Aug 23, 2001, 02:14 PM
Can I be in this cool story?

Aug 23, 2001, 02:18 PM
No more obligation to write? What if he doesn't? That'd make him a Kiku-did I say that?

j/k
Hareoic

JCF Member

Aug 23, 2001, 02:28 PM
Egad!

JCF Member

Aug 23, 2001, 06:15 PM
No, actually, he owes us a chapter for saturday I think...