Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

The things you find on eBay

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 4, 2005, 06:12 PM
The things you find on eBay

Jazz 2. Interesting inside box. Anyone have this? What does the text say?

Jazz 1. It's not too visible in this particular picture, but this is an awesome edition of JJ1. The box contains nothing but screenshots from the cutscenes. I wonder just what it is that people think they're buying. (If anyone wants to buy this and get some great scans of it, that would be cool.)

Finally... I had no idea this thing existed but I want one. Is there anyone here in Germany who can get this for me?

Last edited by Violet CLM; May 4, 2005 at 08:16 PM.

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

May 4, 2005, 06:37 PM
I shall reply to this in sequential order.

My Jazz 2 came in that box (sold on Amazon.com). It wasn't much on the inside, just the usual "This game's fun and what not." (I've since lost the box, but I may still have it somewhere). I do remember the screenshots being just a bunch of random SP levels (with the exception of one from the ending move ).

That does look awesome. Too bad it's *slightly* falsely advertised. I mean, the cutscenes don't give away the true greatness of the game.

Wha- you want a directory page?
VelKa

JCF Member

VelKa is doing well so far

May 4, 2005, 06:40 PM
I've been looking for JJ1 for a while. Hm. Too bad I can't read German.

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

May 5, 2005, 10:04 AM
I'd help you, but none of the links work for me, google and ebay are dead on this computer, I have no idea why. :-/

You could copy any German text you want translated though.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

May 6, 2005, 01:12 PM
I recommend that no community members buy those two copies of JJ1 and JJ2 Violet linked to, because that means that non-community ppl will lose out, which means that we are also losing out on fresh recruits.
Iam Canadian

JCF Member

Iam Canadian is doing well so far

May 6, 2005, 01:48 PM
I got my JJ2 in that box too. I know I didn't throw that box away, but I'm not sure where it is. Maybe I'll stumble across it someday. I did stumble across my old JJ2 manual I thought I lost, so anything's possible.

JCF Veteran

Tubz is doing well so far

May 6, 2005, 04:17 PM
My JJ2 might have came into a box styled like that. As for the other things, cool.

"Jewel is the Metallica of Yodelling." ~Edwin McCain
"Yes, it's a personal attack if you save my picture about internet safety" ~Labratkid
"You know what JBL? The only reason you were WWE Champion for a year was because Triple H didn't want to work Tuesdays!" ~Paul Heyman, addressing the public at the "ECW: One Night Stand" PPV on Sunday, June 12, 2005
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

May 6, 2005, 05:05 PM
My JJ2 had A simmilar box, I remember some of those screenshots on the back of my box, with "Cinematics styled after Saturday Morning Cartoons" caption under the screenshot from the ending movie(It had Spaz looking evil at the screen)

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

May 6, 2005, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
My JJ2 had A simmilar box, I remember some of those screenshots on the back of my box, with "Cinematics styled after Saturday Morning Cartoons" caption under the screenshot from the ending movie(It had Spaz looking evil at the screen)
I used to have the box, but I threw it away. I have the manual somewhere, though.
n00b

JCF Veteran

n00b is an asset to this forumn00b is an asset to this forum

May 7, 2005, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin
I used to have the box, but I threw it away. I have the manual somewhere, though.
I should have both somewhere, I have no idea where though(It dissapered with my vintige GB after the mysterious oddness that was the first month of the new melinium)
mikeejimbo

JCF Member

mikeejimbo is doing well so far

May 7, 2005, 12:31 PM
My JJ2 was ordered directly from Epic and came in a plain cardboard box with the CD-ROM case inside (With the CD itself inside, of course!) I was so excited about it, especially having heard about being able to make your own levels! (Of course I wasn't very GOOD at it at first...) And I remember hearing about it for the first time; I had ordered the full version of Castle of the Winds from Epic, and they so they put me on their mailing list. Then I got this flyer that said "Four ears are better than two" and had Jazz and Spaz's ears on it, and said something about JJ2 coming. I immediately wanted it, of course.
42!
<BR>
Fnord!

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

May 7, 2005, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b
I should have both somewhere, I have no idea where though(It dissapered with my vintige GB after the mysterious oddness that was the first month of the new melinium)
Heh, I know I have the manual here because I recall reading it a few months back.
Lark

JCF Member

Lark has disabled reputation

May 7, 2005, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
This is the box I bought my JJ2 in, I think. But I don't have it anymore. And after six or seven years I don't remember what it said, nor can I promise that this WAS the box. I do remember seeing a picture of Spaz standing on a windowsill in a Colonius level with a bird on his hand on the back of the box, though. If that helps.

JCF Member

Shiverz CC is doing well so far

May 8, 2005, 06:27 AM
My JJ1 came in that box

JJST
Demo Completion - 90%
Game Completion - 30%
VelKa

JCF Member

May 8, 2005, 07:55 AM
Hey everyone, I won JJ1. Unfortunately, I finally figured out that the seller only ships to Germany. What exactly am I going to do? I cannot speak a word of German and therefore trying to contact him/her won't work. I could cancel the order, but I don't know how to do that. ;P

JCF Member

May 8, 2005, 07:56 AM
You could try contacting him/her in English.

JCF Member

May 8, 2005, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFreak
You could try contacting him/her in English.
I might say 'Hello, I am an American who bought Jazz Jackrabbit. I cannot speak German. I didn't know that you only shipped to Germany. Is there some way we could work this out?'. =P I'm not sure if he/she will understand, though.

JCF Member

May 8, 2005, 08:04 AM
Well, you could atleast try. =P

English is pretty common and there's a good chance he'll speak English also. If you should get a German answer you can PM it to me and I'll translate it. ^^

JCF Member

May 8, 2005, 08:06 AM
Thanks LittleFreak, I'll let you know if he replies in German. =D

JCF Member

May 8, 2005, 08:22 AM
It's unlikely anyway. =P

A German reply to an English message doesn't make sense.

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

May 8, 2005, 08:43 AM
Maybe they'll reply 'Your message was ignored because we could not understand it, and we are now out to annoy you, because it's obvious you won't understand this either.'
MaGoo

JCF Member

MaGoo is doing well so far

May 8, 2005, 08:53 AM
My JJ2 came in that box. Ah, the memories.

JCF Member

Haze is doing well so far

May 8, 2005, 09:12 AM
Looking at that JJ2 box right now... along with three other variations. Of regular JJ2 that is. And I'm pretty sure that's still not all of them. ^^;

JCF Member

ShadeJackrabbit is doing well so far

May 14, 2005, 12:39 PM
I got that Jazz 2 box. I cut out Jazz and Spaz and they're lieing around here somewhere... Plus the manual is right here. Got it all at Toys'R Us. (I know that sounds weird. But it's true.)

Stop talking sense, this is an internet argument. ~Doubble Dutch

JCF Member

Puffie40 is doing well so far

May 22, 2005, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Rabbit
Quote:
(Outer page)

Jazz is Back. And This time he's got a wild hare

Devan Shell is up to no good again. This time. he's stolen Princess Earlong's diamond ring. As Jazz or his spaced out brother, Spaz, you must travel through time and take on wacky turtles, bizarre monkeys and more if you want to get the rings back from the evil Devan. If you don't, you could be history.

(Set of pics here)

*Cartoon quality, hand-drawn graphics and animation. Suitable for the entire family.
*Two playable characters with special moves allow access into numerous secret levels
*Characters fly, swim and warp their way through more then 40 levels ranging from jungle to arctic, underwater and retro.
*Play over the internet with up to 31 other fanatics. ( no, that is not a typo. it really says 31 players, even though that fact is disproved in the next page!)

(Pic here)

*Engrossing game enviroment that features animated backgrounds, ambient sound effects and destructible scenery.

(Inner page)

(Two pics at top of page)

"Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is flawless in it's execution of all components, including graphics, animation, design, control, and user involvment, which includes multiplayer games and home-brewed levels. If every title in each genre were this perfectly formed, we would have to forego every amenity in life to purchase all the great games." -Adrenaline Vault

"Deliriously fun party mode: Jazz up your social life with four-mode multiplayer gaming: two to four players on one screen; up to eight players on two screens via modem; up to 32 players on eight screens via LAN or the internet." -Gamepower

"Demented humor, Memorable characters and animations combine with fast action and eye-catching grapics to create what could be one of the summer's hottest titles." -Online gaming review

"Jazz Jackrabbit is back in business for a sequal that one-ups every other platformer in existence" -Gameslice

(Pic)

*Multiple difficulty levels and two playable characters combine with Party Mode feature for replayability
*supports slow and fast computers. High resolution modes, from 320x240 to 640X480, with 16-bit color support.
*Easy-to-use game editor, which allows players to create their own levels

(BACK)

(Logo and two pics)

'Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is an excellent offering regardless of age." -Gamepower

"The best side-scrolling game ever...Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is destined to become a classic."-PCME

"This is action gaming on the PC like you have never seen before" -Meccaworld

"jazz Jackrabbit 2 is adrenaline-pumping action from start to finish" -The adrenaline vault

"Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is the perfect game for the whole family, featuring zany characters, a story right out of a saturday morning cartoon, vintage side-scrolling gameplay" -Gameslice

(Interesting pic in the background on the right bottom corner. It shows Eva with a gun, much like one of those James bond girls w/ a gun :P I forgot about that until someone mentioned there was frames for a jumping Eva in the anims.j2a file.)

Whew! my fingers are tired! :P

Quote:
Finally... I had no idea this thing existed but I want one. Is there anyone here in Germany who can get this for me?
Okay. What is it? I don't see anything that looks like jazz. Your turn to describe!

JCF Member

Sonyk is doing well so far

May 22, 2005, 08:08 PM
Yay, old topic revival that doesn't suck! (Much)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

May 22, 2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the translation. Unfortunately, it's all perfectly accurate (aside from the lowest res being 320x240) and contains no new material. That Eva with a gun picture sounds interesting, as I can't remember seeing one of those before... all that come to mind are her looking scared and some sort of star pose.
As for the German one, the effect of that link kept changing. In any case, there used to be five editions of a Jazz Jackrabbit pin there which I would have loved to wear on my shirt or backpack.

Nothing interesting on ebay today, although I only bothered checking .co.uk, .de and .nl. Just a bunch of typical TSF and Jazz Trilogy entries, with a couple of random generic JJ2's.