Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Read this

Closed Thread

Truthteller

JCF Member

Truthteller is doing well so far

Jan 5, 2003, 08:53 PM
Read this

DDL is not evil....

Hi!
Why do you all think DDL is evil? Well, its not one bit! Here is how the rumors began: DDL is just another clan who thinks some things are unfair, ill tell you what:
You know J2O? Right, its the community website. NO. J2O is trying to brainwash everyone in the JJ2 community. If someone worked so hard and made a site with exactly what J2O has and more, guess what, they wouldnt visit it, they would keep on visiting J2O.
Also, the forum board. Forum boards are for disccusions and messages, just for people to stop by and post a few things. JCF has SO many people posting, like its the official message board. Man, its like if your not on JCF or on J2O, your not part of community. I mean, thats just (toothfairy).
Here Is one thing i know: Crono posted a advertisement of DDL and it was almost what I posted. The admins right away deletedthe post without ONE second though. They are trying to hide the fact that they are trying to make J2O and JCF the community and if the people saw the post they would change their minds about it. Then, rumors formed to keep DDL away from the community, kept away from revealing the truth.
Also, about J2O, the design of the site isnt even that good and people treat it like and official community page, the admins are just brain washing everyone to come to the site all the time. Even if someone made a website twice as better, all of you people would still pick J2O.
Aha, you think DDL is evil cause it lasered and stuff, right? here is why: only cause the people hosting were the J2O nuts, cracks, the people who convinced others to join.
So, for my closing statment, here:
DDL is against the power and brainwashing of J2O. DDL doesnt like Derby, ShadowGPW, Dizzy DM and probably the Admins of J2O and is trying to stop this brainwashing. DDL only lasers the J2O nuts and those kind of people.

I wont reply to this post.
If you delete this topic and ban me, that means your afraid of the truth.

Derby: Content edit.

Last edited by Derby; Jan 6, 2003 at 01:17 PM.
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Jan 5, 2003, 09:13 PM
People are loyal to J2O because this is a small community, and we need to stick together. We don't need any other forums or sites. If you disagree, then nobody is stopping you from leaving, but the ways that you choose to 'rebel' are wrong, and accomplish nothing other than getting people to really hate you. So stop wondering why DDL is always banned and people hate them, it is your own doing.

You don't give any reasons why you think J2O is bad, or the admins who run the JCF. I think that you are only trying to get attention, and in a very bad way. There is no reason for it to be like this. Let's face it, DDL is just a group of anarchists looking for attention. None of your justifications for your actions hold any water.

And on J2O being a bad site, it is the best one we have had, and far better than the main site for most communities. AND J2O V2 is on it's way, with improvements recommended by all of us.

~AJ2f

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!

JCF Member

Tik is doing well so far

Jan 5, 2003, 09:14 PM
In the name of everything holy can you guys get lives? You're (a replaced word). What if J2O was trying to be the community-based site? Who cares?? Besides, it already is where most of the real Jazz community is at, and it would be even more-so if the people online who aren't involved in j2o heard about it.

TruthTeller, you and all of your friends need to get lives and start thinking with your own heads instead of getting your opinions given to you.

J2o's message board isn't something new. The main Jazz community has always followed sites based upon the message boards. From the EpicGames MessageBoard to the JMMB to UniverseJazz's message board to the JCF. Why would the admins have some scheme for us to all be here? Why would they donate their time, money, and resources into giving us a great fan site? It's not like there's any competition for them to be fighting against!

Sure, the message board's rules are a bit restricting. But get over it. You guys are doing nothing but trying to make yourselves feel better about being pathetic live-less 10 year olds. Go away.

Derby: Content edit.
<a href="/junk/tick/tickbot.html">readme</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/quote.html">quotes</a> - <a href="/junk/tick/rsg.html">formats</a> - are you brained? *\o/*</td><td width="1%" align="right"></td></tr></table>

Last edited by Derby; Jan 6, 2003 at 01:22 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 5, 2003, 09:55 PM
What is the point of J2O?
Getting levels and information about JJ2.

What is the point of the JCF?
Friendly discussion of JJ2 related topics (and the non-jazz related forums, but nothing's perfect)

Are J2O and JCF official sites?
Not at all. They are community created, as were Jazz 2 City/JMMB and Universe Jazz (the two previous main sites). Yes, they are probably the most popular JJ2 sites. That does not mean everyone visits them, nor that they are somehow forced to visit them.
If people try to get you to visit them, it is (usually) because they have what you are looking for, or something you could use.

You are completely free to create your own site. Depending on how you make, numbers of people will probably like it. Here's a hint - viruses are a No.

JCF Member

Paul is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 02:40 AM
Oh...my...goodness. Sit back and think about what you have just said, Truthteller.
Now that you're laughing hysterically, stop posting this sort of rubbish.

Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi (1550-1622)

-Paul

Proudly 7th to register. (:
Paul

JCF Member

Paul is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 02:46 AM
Re: Read this

"J2O is brainwashing you"
"J2O is brainwashing you"

you've said it a number of times.

My question is:

what are they brainwashing us to do? Visit their site? If so---I've got some news for you.

If you make a site and say to people : "Hey, because we don't want to brainwash you to come here...go to other sites like mine. That's it, go away."

I'd laugh even harder than I already am.

People LIKE J2O, they LIKE its boards. I'm not being "Brainwashed" by teh BIG SCARY FQUIST to visit.

This is absurd. Leave it be.

Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi (1550-1622)

-Paul

Proudly 7th to register. (:

JCF Member

Michael is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 04:02 AM
I agree (in my opinion) to part of what 'Truthteller' said.....:
J2O has a really crappy layout or whatever its called,
J2O and JCF is most of the communaty but this communaty i see here uses the J in J2O and the J in JCF as a foundation, most of you really dont play JJ2 as much as you use the sites.
There should only be one forum official or not, just a good quality one, because otherewise the communaty would be split i think.
J2O isn't brainwashing us, thats too hard a term and its not J2O either, the communaty in a group is brainwashing itself about what you said.
And what the is DDL? (:
Aiko

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 05:38 AM
Heh, Spaztic: did UJ really had a Messageboard?

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 6, 2003, 05:46 AM
Sounds more like you're trying to brainwash me into beleiving that J2O is brainwashing me. Now, who should I beleive, the friends I trust or this kid who comes here saying that the website I go to is evil.

Trust me, DDL will accomplish NOTHING by crashing JJ2 servers. It simply doesn't work. Now shut the (macaroni and cheese sandwich) up.

(Yes, UJ had a forum. Nobody visited it, though, because the JMMB was still running.)

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 05:47 AM
This must be about the 27th time DDL says j2o is brainwashing us. So basically, you're trying to brainwash us into thinking that j2o is brainwashing us? Why, how kind of you. If you want to prove your point, go ahead: make a site that's twice as better as j2o. Go on, make it. Then see how many people visit it.

Btw... j2o brainwashing us. Let's suppose that's true for a second. Then tell me: brainwashing us into what? Into not visiting other jj2 sites? Then why would it have such a nice, big links section where you can add your own link any time you like? Besides, it's not like the j2o admins get money every time you go to j2o. On the contrary, they spend money on it. They spend money on the very same forum you just posted on. Would they brainwash you into doing something in real life? That would prove more about the "brainwashed" person than about j2o.

And about DDL lasering only the j2o nuts... that would amount to lasering about 95% of all servers on 1.23, maybe more. You'd be surprised to see how many servers are made by "j2o nuts". If you're against the "power and brainwashing", why do you keep coming here over and over? Wouldn't it be better to start your own little community then?

"Brainwashing" amounts to forcing other people into thinking what you think. Personally, i've never experienced j2o doing this. If you should happen to be referring to possible censorships on this board: those always have a reason. If admins didn't edit offensive posts, this board would turn into a mass fight within days. Besides, j2o is a site for people of all ages, which does require some behaviour rules for the older people around. This, however, looks more like logic than like brainwashing.

JCF member

$tilettø has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2003, 05:55 AM
i would have to agree on Enigma's LONG story -_-

and DDL crashing servers? i didnt see them doing that in a long time other peepz are doing that pretending to be DDL .. /
Aiko

JCF Member

Aiko is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 06:03 AM
Cool, i don't remember that UJ had a messageboard. JazzCentral had one, yes, but UJ? Heh, really? :-)

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2003, 06:25 AM
Yes Aiko, they had. For the second time... But noone really moved there anyway since the JMMB was still up in those days.

Administrator

Stijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to beholdStijn is a splendid one to behold

Jan 6, 2003, 06:27 AM
Yes. Even Jeh was a member, altough he never posted.

Truthteller, you say you won't reply. That means you won't even try to give some good arguments for your stupid try to brainwash us. Man, shut up. We won't visit a new JJ2 community site (Like SillyWabbits) because there is no need for it! We already have a good site where you can upload stuff and we also have a good forum.
I personally think we can decide for ourselves wether we post here or not. The fact many people are posting here doesn't mean we try to convince everyone this is the official board. It's because it was the only message board about JJ2 after the JMMB closed (afaik).

I think YOU are afraid of the truth. If you weren't, you wouldn't say such a stupid thing like "I won't reply"

- Brainwashed community member =)))))))))))))
Chiyu

JCF member

Chiyu has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2003, 06:47 AM
Unhappy

These DDL statements from Truthteller remind me so much of Bolt's RK ones.. Wow, the resemblance is scary.

- Truthteller, who is DDL's leader? I kinda like all DDL's except Canadian.

- I don't think we need any of this to make our community stick together. People would also play JJ2 on-line even if this site and MB didn't exist (maybe even more, since heaps of people left because of the people from this MB). This isn't a hate-message about JCF, it can be nice sometimes (even for me), but we don't need it either to keep the JJ2 community alive.

- I don't really see this much related to JJ2 anyway. This isn't the community MB at all, the majority of the Jj2 players don't even go or post here.

- I don't think that there are so many 'J2o-nuts' hosting servers on JJ2.. 95% is WAY too high.

- I think that people should be allowed to post here if they want to, but I'm sure that this will never become 'THE' site where everyone in the JJ2 goes to (remember, the real JJ2 community is MUCH larger than the people who post here).

- I don't think the J2o is brainwashing us part should be interpret literally. What Truthteller probably means is that the admins/bosses of JCF/J2o (he gave some names) have (too) much power so they can play boss of some people, and make people see them as bosses of our JJ2 community (which is far from true, btw).

JCF Member

VelKa is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 07:01 AM
You guys are JUST TOO HILARIOUS FOR ME. GAH.

STOP BEING HILARIOUS. OR HUG THAT INSANE CLOWN. YES, YOU HEARD ME.

Yeah, seriously; get a life. It's not really interesting to read your (or your DDL friends') cute little DDL rants anymore, Truthteller. So, why don't you children go play UT2k3 or DXMP or JKII or something. Stop being weird, even if you are also totally hilarious. ;-P

If you DDL guys do not cease and desist: 1) ElectroPiZZa and I will kick your butt in UT2k3 and then steal your FISH. Afterwards, 2) Spaztic may have you jig with a marmalade jar on your head, in front of a huge crowd. Then, 3) We will STEAL YOUR PANTSBREAD. AHAAHAHHAA.

Meanwhile,

PEACE! PEACE! PEACE!

`pranx0rific

JCF Member

FQuist is an asset to this forumFQuist is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 07:42 AM
*Swings with watch in front of Truthteller's eyes*

Look into my eyes. You will feel sleepy now. You will do everything I say. You like me.

When I clap my hands, you will like J2O.

*claps*

Interesting Jazz-related links:
Thread: Gameplay Theories - Thread: Make Up Your Own Gametype

Spotify.fm

JCF Member

Enigma is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 10:09 AM
Velk has a point here. Follow her advice

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 10:13 AM
E-Pizza'll have to improve his Mr.Crow comics a LOT to get'm to be more stupid than this...

JCF Member

Turtleslayer is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 10:34 AM
I suppose I can't reply to this with an unbiased opinion since I'm brainwashed. What a pity.
MaGoo

JCF Member

MaGoo is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 11:35 AM
He thinks the J2O is a cult of some sort..

JCF Member

Trafton is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 11:35 AM
First of all, the intent of your post is brainwashing. Brainwashing is little more than a harsher word for trying to convince others that your opinion is right. Nothing is forcing us to stay on this website, so it is not brainwashing. You're entitled to your opinion, but the truth is that the only reason DDL exists is to relieve boredom of certain individuals with little better to do. As quasi-spiritual as you make it sound, it's really little more than a group of people who know how to hack causing, or at least attempting to cause, trouble amongst a quite peaceful community that never tried to hurt them in the least bit. You're all entitled to your hatred for various reasons, but that does not mean you are entitled to tell us what to think. That is brainwashing in itself. The design of the site is not evil in any way. It's amazing how well you make an HTML web page sound so Satanic. It isn't. J2O is a simple community web site. Everyone can think what they think, but it becomes different when they take their thoughts to actions that harm others. This includes hacking, attacks against individuals or web sites, attempts to destroy Jazz 2, and everything that DDL has threatened to do and intended to do. DDL is not evil. The people in it just don't know any other way to bring out their frustrations against the community. It's the only way they know. There are little seven year olds playing this game. You're hacking kids. Not evil corporations. Not evil people. You're hacking children who have little else to do in many cases. As much as you think you're "saving" us from the horribleness that is Jazz 2 and Jazz2Online, it is our choice to be here. I am 12 and I have been playing this game since I was 8. Throughout my playing career, I've met plenty of people who despise the game. It is nothing new. When you have a group of people that are interested in something, others will try to ruin it for them. Is it jelousy? Sometimes. But whatever it is, it is wrong. Even if the game was ruined for you by others, that doesn't mean you should ruin it for the innocent community members who have done nothing to you. Don't insult Bobby, FQuist, Derby, and the rest - they donate their time, energy, and money towards something that they don't have to do, and they do their job well. Not perfect, but no one is perfect. As wrong as you think they may be, you have to respect the fact that they are doing the best job they can, and they really do not have to do it, but choose to. They are human, just like you. We're all human. That's what it all comes down to. The answer to these problems is not hate. Hate breeds more hate. It breeds fear. It breeds sorrow. That's not what the game is about. It's about fun. It's about friendship. No hacking program in the world could take that away from us, no matter hard you try.

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2003, 11:42 AM
Bravo, Trafton! *applauds his speech*

And, I'd like to add, you say that if you are banned that the admins are afraid of you. I say it is the other way around. You are trying to make them fear banning you by saying that. And they are not afraid to ban you, if you cause any problems, break any rules, or or say anything innapropriate.

You should change your name to LieTeller. No, wait, then you would be telling the truth...

~AJ2f

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 12:03 PM
Yay Trafton! I didn't read your post but it had so many words it had to be correct!

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2003, 12:12 PM
My opinion is that people who start this nonsense, just want to be part of J2O. They want to be seen as great. They want to be known. However, power has nothing to do with having friends. In fact, power doesn't exist in in this community. Since everyone is the same. To make a long story short: You guys are control-freaks.
Feline

JCF Member

Feline is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Radium
Yay Trafton! I didn't read your post but it had so many words it had to be correct!
Quite.

Thanks to Dalspots for the awesome banner!

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jan 6, 2003, 01:35 PM
Um. Question. Lieteller said that s/he would not post on this thread again. So whats the point of arguing with nobody? Everybody here agrees that JJ2 is wrong. Although really, even if Lieteller had every other post on this topic, we still have no reason to involve ourselves with this crap. I doubt if we're going to change their mindsets, we're just making them madder.

Or, we could go on ranting about how its wrong. I prefer the latter.

JCF Member

Derby is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 01:54 PM

JCF Member

Blackraptor is an asset to this forumBlackraptor is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 05:22 PM
Lol a brain and a box of cereal, err....A wahshingth mashingh i mean, suroy fer te intripion. Wr wnt GraMR!

JCF member

Krezack has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2003, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Derby
0WNED.
"Are we not threatened with a flood of information? And is this not the monstrousness of it: that it crushes beauty by means of beauty, and annihilates truth by means of truth? For the sound of a million Shakespeares would produce the very same furious din and hubbub as the sound of a herd of prairie buffalo or sea billows."
—Stanisław Lem, Imaginary Magnitude (1973)
Trafton

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2003, 05:35 PM
The interesting thing is that I don't think Truthteller is a DDL member at all.

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jan 6, 2003, 05:47 PM
Actually, I think it is Crono. I was talking to him thorugh email asking what DDL was doing. I told him he should post something like he replied on JCF. He said:

Thank you for your feedback, The reasons we dislike J2O, are its overmoddedness: You can't even say the words **** or hell, despite the fact that they are in the game itself, plus if anyone shows any displeasure about anything on J2O, the post is locked or deleated, usually by ShadowGpW, heck, its worse than that, if ShadowGpW doesnt agree with you or is in a bad mood, or if one person says somthing off topic, it's closed or deleated. Another reason is because 99% of the Jazz2 population seem to be completly brainwashed to the point that I can't critisize it without getting flamed, a good example of this are shortly after I came back after a year or more of not playing JJ2 and was in a game I hosted talking to some people about where the heck J2C went they toled me about J2O, and kind of as a way of saying how old I was :P I said somthing along the lines of, yeah I remeber way back then when J2O was nothing, I may have slipped in the discription 'sucked' in there as well, but they imideatly start say things like "how can you say that!", I repeated how it USED to suck, and theyy admitted that, but they had been so blinded by their idolization (ok mabey thats to string a word) of J2O that they didn't even completly see what I was saying. Another occerance of something similar is on my old Jazz Jackrabbit 2, web site in the Links section, I had a small revew/description of each site, in the J2O link I said A cool site with tons of downloads, a cool forum, but an ugly layout; In my guestbook I get the following: "J2O has a very good layout. There is no trouble reaching anything at all." whats wrong with this? first, a guestbook is supposed to be comments about the site its on, not how great another site it, and second, I never said anything about the functionality of the site (though it could be A LOT better if I do say so myself) I just said I found it ugly.
our (mine in particular) reasons for disliking J2O. I invision I jazz2 community site with a nice looking, functional (not full of broken sections/links) layout (though I DO NOT hate J2O because of its layout, its just somthing that could be greatly imporved); that encourages diversity, and doesn't make it impossible for another large fansite to exist; isn't controlled by controll freaks, and respects freedom of opinion and speech (at a reasonable level).
They say that you are free to stay away from J2O, true, if you arn't part of the JJ2 community. They say you are free to make your own website, this is also true, but no one will come. Don't say its because J2O is better, the site itself requires almost no work besides the originaly coding, hosting fees and, moderating, as the content is entirely user generated, and even if one were to somehow copy every single download from J2O onto another site, people would still go to J2O, because, well, its J2O. We at DDL feel that, at this point the only way to solve this problem is to either forcefully convince J2O to change its ways, or to shut them down, or atleast direct people away from them, and start a new site from the ashes. So there you have it; I would greatly aprriciate to here what you ahev to say in response to this email, thanks again for your feedback, and your time.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jan 6, 2003, 05:59 PM
"Forcefully convince J2O to change its ways"
Which ways? Encouraging other people sending stuff in? Paying to keep itself up?

JCF Member

Turtleslayer is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 05:59 PM
Logic is good.

"Went to Saruman for advice about Ring but he had become evil. Nobody tells me anything. Apparently there was a memo."
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2003, 06:19 PM
And since the world is such an awful corrupt place, how about we kill everybody on it and start over?

ElectroPiZZa

JCF Member

ElectroPiZZa is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 08:42 PM
Okay, let's do it. Let's dispense justice. Let me begin by saying that either the JCF has no real conception of the sweep of history, or it is merely intent on winning some debating pin by trying to pierce a hole in my logic with "facts" that are taken out of context. While everybody believes in something, the JCF's simple faith in larrikinism will write off whole sections of society.

Far too many people tolerate the JCF's slogans as long as they're presented in small, seemingly harmless doses. What these people fail to realize, however, is that ancient Greek dramatists discerned a peculiar virtue in being tragic. The JCF would do well to realize that they never discerned any virtue in being brazen. If we contradict the JCF, we are labelled blathering, profligate bourgeoisie. If we capitulate, however, we forfeit our freedoms. The JCF has, at times, called me "fastidious" or "deceitful". Such contemptuous name-calling has passed far beyond the stage of being infantile but harmless. It has the capacity to ignore compromise and focus solely on the JCF's personal agenda.

In a manner of speaking, the JCF talks a lot about irrationalism and how wonderful it is. However, it's never actually defined what it means. How can it argue for something it's never defined? This isn't such an easy question to answer, but let me take a stab at it: Some people think I'm exaggerating when I say that it has announced a number of wicked, ribald ideas on how to run -- or is that ruin? -- everyone's life. But I'm not exaggerating; if anything, I'm understating the situation. What's interesting is that I'll tell you what we need to do about all the craziness the JCF is mongering. We need to encourage our spirits to soar.

I was, however, going to forget about the whole thing when it suddenly occurred to me that the JCF wants to abuse science by using it as a mechanism of ideology. It gets better: It believes that laws are meant to be broken. I guess no one's ever told it that this makes me fearful that I might someday find myself in the crosshairs of its nutty ravings. (To be honest, though, it wouldn't be the first time.) Although the themes in the JCF's wisecracks are limited, it's easy to tell if the JCF is lying. If its lips are moving, it's lying. If you wonder why I take the stance that I do, it's because someone once said to me, "I see myself as a link in the endless chain of generations, with an inescapable responsibility to work together towards a shared vision." This phrase struck me so forcefully that I have often used it since. It's inane, confused vandals that make yellow-bellied Marxism possible. I kid you not.

Since most people oppose the JCF's ridiculous bromides, it has had to nourish uncivilized ideologies using every intemperate means imaginable. The JCF accepts superstition for science, hokum and magic for medicine, monotone chanting for music, and lethargic passivity in lieu of discovery and inquiry. It's that simple. The JCF is trying to convince people that their peers are already riding the the JCF bandwagon and will think ill of them if they don't climb aboard, too. Their mission? To irrationalize thinking on every issue. Quite frankly, the JCF's legatees internalize and adapt to the unwritten realities they must work under. Now, that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter. So let me corroborate it by saying that the JCF wants to remove society's moral barriers and allow perversion to prosper. Personally, I don't want that. Personally, I prefer freedom. If you also prefer freedom, then you should be working with me to reveal the nature and activity of its loyalists and expose their inner contexts as well as their ultimate final aims.

Although I respect the JCF's right to free speech just as I respect it for uninformed quacks, dirty snotty-types, and pesky common criminals, there is a simple answer to the question of what to do about its insults. The difficult part is in implementing the answer. The answer is that we must take away as many of its opportunities for mischief as possible. While the JCF has a right, as do we all, to believe whatever it wants about clericalism, if you don't think that much of the noise made on its behalf is generated by arrogant election-year also-rans who seem to have nothing better to do with their time, then you've missed the whole point of this letter. As loathsome as the JCF's hirelings may be, they are also the most amateurish rabble-rousers I've ever seen. The JCF's idea of neo-noxious, mumpish pharisaism is no political belief. It is a fierce and burning gospel of hatred and intolerance, of murder and destruction, and the unloosing of an unsavory blood-lust. It is, in every sense, an irascible and pagan religion that incites its worshippers to an insufferable frenzy and then prompts them to make commercialism socially acceptable.

We should agree on definitions before saying anything further about the JCF's slovenly ideas. For starters, let's say that "obscurantism" is "that which makes the JCF yearn to diminish society's inducements to good behavior." While this country still has far to go before people are truly judged on the content of their character, the JCF intends to create a new social class. Feckless clunks, wayward bullies, and delirious hatemongers will be given aristocratic status. The rest of us will be forced into serving as their operatives.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to detect the subtext of this letter. But just in case it's too subliminal for some, let me thrust it into your face right here: The JCF believes that the rest of us are an inferior group of people, fit only to be enslaved, beaten, and butchered at the whim of our betters. The real damage that this belief causes actually has nothing to do with the belief itself, but with psychology, human nature, and the skillful psychological manipulation of that nature by the JCF and its misguided spokesmen. The JCF's beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) manifest themselves in two phases. Phase one: steal our birthrights. Phase two: strip the world of conversation, friendship, and love.

How I pity the JCF if I were to be its judge. I would start by notifying the jury that the JCF engages in pietistic babble that nauseates even some of my more religious friends. Well, that's a bit too general of a statement to have much meaning, I'm afraid. So let me instead explain my point as follows: There is another side to the issue. Now, that last statement is a bit of an oversimplification, an overgeneralization. But it is nevertheless substantially true. It would please the JCF greatly to interfere with the most important principles of democracy. So don't feed me any phony baloney about how it should glorify the things that everyone else execrates because "it's the right thing to do". That's just not true.

My general thesis is that we must understand that the JCF hurts people wherever they may be, penthouse or poorhouse. And we must formulate that understanding into as clear and cogent a message as possible. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: The JCF's game is to undermine the basic values of work, responsibility, and family. Period, finis, and Q.E.D. For proof of this ongoing tragedy, one has only to realize that if I withheld my feelings on this matter, I'd be no less contemptuous than the JCF. I don't mean to imply that debauched protestors like the JCF are all alike, but it's true, nonetheless. I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not afraid to say that I try never to argue with the JCF, because it's clear it's not susceptible to reason. The foundation and wellspring of the JCF's litanies is the demonic doctrine of fanaticism. As long as I live, I will be shouting this truth from rooftops and doing everything I can to stick to the facts and offer only those arguments that can be supported by those facts. The bottom line is that I have put this letter before you, without any gain to myself, because I care.
Trafton

JCF Member

Jan 6, 2003, 08:49 PM

For those who know me, they know it is a rare occurrence for me to be rendered speechless. But when I heard that the JCF wants to break down the industrial-technological system, I must say that speechless I was. With this letter, I hope to take stock of what we know, identify areas for further research, and provide a useful starting point for debate on its infernal treatises. But first, I would like to make the following introductory remark: It is a pretty good liar most of the time. However, it tells so many lies, it's bound to trip itself up someday. Double standards are always disruptive. Think I'm exaggerating? Just ask any of the most valuable members of our community, and they'll all tell you how the JCF's intent is to prevent us from asking questions. It doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false.

Fortunately, most people understand that it is not uncommon for the JCF to victimize the innocent, penalize the victim for making any effort to defend himself, and then paint the whole mawkish affair as some great benefit to humanity. The JCF refuses to come to terms with reality. It prefers instead to live in a fantasy world of rationalization and hallucination. I oppose the JCF's practices because they are vapid. I oppose them because they are iconoclastic. And I oppose them because they will add insult to injury sometime soon. Only the JCF could possibly think that newspapers should report only on items it agrees with. Never forget that and never let it take advantage of human fallibility to take control of a nation and suck it dry.

Pornocrat

Unhit is doing well so far

Jan 6, 2003, 09:41 PM
I have the strange feeling someone else here has been brainwashed . Seriously. Why do you think we are brainwashed? Just because we are angry on DDL, and that out of several reasons? DDL is angry on the J2O admins WITHOUT a reason. Read other replies, I think I don't need to repeat.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jan 6, 2003, 10:13 PM
I have facts for those who think and arguments for those who reason. Without going into all the gory details, let's just say that it has been brought to my attention that I would like to register my strong objection to DDL's excuses. While this is indeed true, DDL says that this is the best of all possible worlds and that it is the best of all possible organizations. But then it turns around and says that anyone who dares to deal summarily with self-satisfied geeks can expect to suffer hair loss and tooth decay as a result. You know, you can't have it both ways, DDL. If you look soberly and carefully at the evidence all around you, you will indisputably find that DDL is perfectly willing to show its embarrassingly poor reasoning and warped ethics in print. Now that that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that there is an implicit assumption here that I confess that unpleasant drug addicts often act with a mob mentality. That said, let me continue. While DDL is undeniably entitled to ignore good advice from intelligent people, it should learn to appreciate what it has instead of feeling so oppressed because it can't do everything it wants, every time it wants to. Naturally, DDL's tricks are designed to force us to do things or take stands against our will. And they're working; they're having the desired effect.

While there is inevitable overlap at the edges of political movements, we are at a crossroads. One road leads into the light of a bright, shining future in which debauched, despicable scalawags like DDL are thoroughly absent. The other road leads into the darkness of careerism. The question, therefore, is: Who's driving the bus? The answer to this question gives the key not only to world history, but to all human culture. I must point out that I recently informed DDL that its hangers-on win support by encapsulating frustrations and directing them toward unpopular scapegoats. DDL said it'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further; after all, those of us who are too lazy or disinterested to break the neck of DDL's policy of demagogism once and for all have no right to complain when it and its legatees woo over cranky saboteurs by using tactics such as scapegoating, reductionist and simplistic solutions, demagoguery, and a conspiracy theory of history.

(The merits of DDL's screeds won't be discussed here, because they lack merit.) Even though DDL presents a public face that avoids overt quislingism, it has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and toss sops to the egos of the petty -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. To tolerate DDL's brown-nosing, pompous propositions simply because they're not packaged and sold as libidinous is to transform our society into a dim-witted war machine. We must also assert with all the sincerity of informed experience and the desperate desire to see our beloved country survive that DDL maintains that either the sun rises just for it or that it is a bearer and agent of the Creator's purpose. DDL denies any other possibility. We must overcome the fears that beset us every day of our lives. We must overcome the fear that DDL will rely on the psychological effects of terror to magnify the localized effects of its claims so that, like a stone hurled into a pool of water, shock waves ripple from the epicenter of DDL's attacks to the furthest reaches of the Earth. And to overcome these fears, we must bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the current debate.

Having already explained that DDL's quips are a ticking time bomb, set to kill the goose bearing the golden egg, let me now state that few people realize that the only way for DDL to redeem itself is to stop being so lousy. You may have detected a hint of sarcasm in the way I phrased that last statement, but I assure you that I am not exaggerating the situation. When I state that it would sure be nice if DDL could present its case without resorting to yellow journalism, I'm merely trying to fight for what is right. When I say that I disagree both with DDL's point and with the way it makes it, I don't just mean that it wants to propitiate the most complacent exhibitionists you'll ever see for later eventualities, that it wants to burn books, or that it wants to trample over the very freedoms and rights that it claims to support. Sure, DDL undoubtedly wants all that, but it also wants much more. It wants to replace love and understanding with anarchism and neopaganism. While snippy, incompetent knee-biters claim to defend traditional values, they actually equip contemptuous slimeballs with flame throwers, hand grenades, and heat-seeking missiles.

DDL is trying to practice human sacrifice on a grand scale in some sort of vulgar death cult. Their mission? To lead us, lemminglike, over the precipice of self-destruction. When asked to mend its ways, DDL will give people a wink and a smile, but when the wheels begin to turn, it's business as usual. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. As a consistently mortified observer of DDL's contrivances, I can't help but want to honor our nation's glorious mosaic of cultures and ethnicities. I definitely hate having to keep reminding everybody of this, but we need to look beyond the most immediate and visible problems with DDL. We need to look at what is behind these problems and understand that if we're to effectively carry out our responsibilities and make a future for ourselves, we will first have to contribute to the intellectual and spiritual health of the body politic.

It seems ironic that I find much to disagree with in DDL's ultimata, given that its lies come in many forms. Some of its lies are in the form of newsgroup postings. Others are in the form of exegeses. Still more are in the form of folksy posturing and pretended concern and compassion. Can you really blame me for suggesting that DDL is incapable of writing a letter without using such phrases as "useless infernal-types", "gin-swilling, savage maniacs", "lecherous loons", or some combination thereof? We must tackle the multinational death machine that DDL is currently constructing. If we don't, future generations will not know freedom. Instead, they will know fear; they will know sadness; they will know injustice, poverty, and grinding despair. Most of all, they will realize, albeit far too late, that DDL's premise (that profits come before people) is its morality disguised as pretended neutrality. DDL uses this disguised morality to support its bons mots, thereby making its argument self-refuting.

DDL's yes-men portray themselves as fervent believers in freedom of speech and expression, but are loath to reveal that DDL is immovably entrenched in its irritable philosophical positions. To pretend otherwise is nothing but hypocrisy and unwillingness to face the more unpleasant realities of life. One indication of this is the fact that DDL's ebullitions are continually evolving into more and more profligate incarnations. Here, I'm not just talking about evolution in a simply Darwinist sense; I'm also talking about how DDL thumbs its nose at some of the very things I treasure. Now, that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter. So let me corroborate it by saying that DDL's emissaries feel that "DDL understands the difference between civilization and savagery." First off, that's a lousy sentence. If they had written that DDL accepts superstition for science, hokum and magic for medicine, monotone chanting for music, and lethargic passivity in lieu of discovery and inquiry, then that quote would have had more validity. As it stands, this is a lesson for those with eyes to see. It is a lesson not so much about DDL's dodgy behavior, but about the way that DDL's philippics will have consequences -- very serious consequences. And we ought to begin doing something about that. Irrespective of one's feelings on the subject, at no time in the past did scummy common criminals shamble through the streets of cities, demanding rights they imagine some supernatural power has bestowed upon them. DDL proclaims at every opportunity that it'd never encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science. The organization doth protest too much, methinks.

Here's an extraordinary paradox: All of the devious sideshow barkers who shouldn't be allowed to lead a meretricious jihad against those who oppose DDL invariably want to. One could truthfully say that DDL's threats are part and parcel of a larger game plan to promote racial superiority doctrines, ethnic persecution, imperialist expansion, and genocide. But saying that would miss the real point, which is that in asserting that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all totally justified, it demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision. DDL's arguments would be a lot more effective if they were at least accurate or intelligent, not just a load of bull for the sake of being controversial.

DDL is locked into its present course of destruction. It does not have the interest or the will to change its fundamentally intellectually stultified doctrines. DDL's secret agents perpetrate all kinds of atrocities while alleging that they are simply not capable of such activities and that therefore, the atrocities must be the product of my and your feverish and overworked imaginations. However much DDL may deny it, ancient Greek dramatists discerned a peculiar virtue in being tragic. DDL would do well to realize that they never discerned any virtue in being lazy. This is equivalent to saying that if the human race is to survive on this planet, we will have to do something good for others.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jan 6, 2003, 10:17 PM
I wanted to respond to Trafton earlier, but I was so busy, I simply did not have the time. Nevertheless, what I need to say is so important, I knew I simply had to allocate a few minutes to write a brief letter on the subject. There are a number of reasons Trafton isn't telling us as to why he wants to champion censorship in the name of free speech, intolerance in the name of tolerance, and oppression in the name of freedom. In this letter, I will expose those reasons one-by-one, on the principle that if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. He says that his prank phone calls are Right with a capital R. Wow! Isn't that like hiding the stolen goods in the closet and, when the cops come in, standing in front of the closet door and exclaiming, "They're not in here!"?

When you tell Trafton's helpers that Trafton's few positive contributions will continue to be overshadowed by his broader message of hate, they begin to get fidgety, and their eyes begin to wander. They really don't care. They have no interest in hearing that all the deals he makes are strictly one-way. Trafton gets all the rights, and the other party gets all the obligations. Is it not positively the distinguishing feature of his ramblings to wage a clandestine guerilla war against many basic human rights? There are rumors circulating that Trafton is dead set on defending his position against what I have to say, regardless of what I have to say, so let me just clarify something: Trafton would have us believe that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all completely justified. Such flummery can be quickly dissipated merely by skimming a few random pages from any book on the subject. I find that I am embarrassed. Embarrassed that some people don't realize that his smear tactics always follow the same pattern. He puts the desired twist on the actual facts, ignores inconvenient facts, and invents as many new "facts" as necessary to convince us that two wrongs make a right. Look at it from my point of view: Trafton is not interested in what is true and what is false or in what is good and what is evil. In fact, those distinctions have no meaning to him whatsoever. The only thing that has any meaning to Trafton is Marxism. Why? First, I'll give you a very brief answer, and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, almost every day, Trafton outreaches himself in setting new records for arrogance, deceit, and greed. It's honestly breathtaking to watch him.

His smears symbolize lawlessness, violence, and misguided rebellion -- extreme liberty for a few, even if the rest of us lose more than a little freedom. Just to add a little more perspective, it takes more than a mass of patronizing hucksters to make efforts directed towards broad, long-term social change. It takes a great many thoughtful and semi-thoughtful people who are willing to reinforce what is best in people.

I could go on and on about Trafton's special form of unilateralism, but you get the general idea. Was Trafton just trying to be cute when he said that his practices are a breath of fresh air amid our modern culture's toxic cloud of chaos? I sure hope so, because anyone who hasn't been living in a cave with his eyes shut and his ears plugged knows that I've heard of villainous things like egotism and pharisaism. But I've also heard of things like nonviolence, higher moralities, and treating all beings as ends in and of themselves -- ideas which his ignorant, unthinking, militant brain is too small to understand.

Please don't misinterpret that last statement to mean that the only way to expand one's mind is with drugs -- or maybe even chocolate. That's not at all what it means. Rather, it means that he appears to have found a new tool to use to help him support hostile governments known for human rights abuses, wrongful imprisonment, and slavery. That tool is particularism, and if you watch him wield it, you'll undoubtedly see why he just keeps on saying, "I don't give a [expletive deleted] about you. I just want to blend together expansionism and plagiarism in a train wreck of monumental proportions." I am deliberately using colorful language in this letter. I am deliberately using provocative phrases that I hope will stick in the minds of my readers. I do ensure, however, that my words are always appropriate and accurate and clearly explain how Trafton's tricks are not an abstract problem. They have very concrete, immediate, and unpleasant consequences. For instance, Trafton has stated that obscene litterbugs are inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. One clear inference from that statement -- an inference that is never really disavowed -- is that cannibalism, wife-swapping, and the murder of infants and the elderly are acceptable behavior. Now that's just morally questionable.

Trafton's contrivances don't accomplish anything useful, because they don't deal with the real issue. The real issue is that I am not trying to save the world -- I gave up that pursuit a long time ago. But I am trying to step back and consider the problem of Trafton's wisecracks in the larger picture of popular culture imagery. I hope that Trafton regrets what he has done. That said, let me continue.

I, for one, am flat-out tired of his psychological bullying. It's that simple. Though I am unequivocally not a proponent of conflict, Trafton claims that the most valuable skill one can have is to be able to lie convincingly. I feel that the absurdities within that claim speak for themselves, although I should add that Trafton contends that his opinions represent the opinions of the majority -- or even a plurality. Excuse me, but where exactly did this little factoid come from? Judging by the generally abusive nature of his legates, I can see that his assistants are unified under a common goal. That goal is to numb the public to the Fabianism and injustice in mainstream politics. Guess what? Trafton can't possibly believe that university professors must conform their theses and conclusions to his prurient prejudices if they want to publish papers and advance their careers. He's stupid, but he's not that stupid.

His cronies contend that we can all live together happily without laws, like the members of some 1960s-style dope-smoking commune. I say to them, "Prove it" -- not that they'll be able to, of course, but because Trafton says that he should display an irreconcilable hatred toward all nations because "it's the right thing to do". This is at best wrong. At worst, it is a lie. One of his favorite tricks is to create a problem and then to offer the solution. Naturally, it's always his solutions that grant him the freedom to use lethal violence as a source of humor, never the original problem. Maybe it's just me, but don't you think that Trafton's analects are priggism at its worst? The pen is a powerful tool. Why don't we use that tool to challenge Trafton's sanctimonious assumptions about merit?

You may be wondering why what I call useless evil-doers latch onto Trafton's views. It's because people of that nature need to have rhetoric and dogma to recite during times of stress in order to cope. That's also why if Trafton doesn't like it here, then perhaps he should go elsewhere. Aside from the fact that we should act and act fast, to get even the simplest message into the consciousness of noxious, vexatious weirdos, it has to be repeated at least 50 times. Now, I don't want to insult your intelligence by telling you the following 50 times, but he will probably never understand why he scares me so much. And Trafton does scare me: His cop-outs are scary, his slurs are scary, and most of all, his long-term goals reek of credentialism. I use the word "reek", because he insists that he defends the real needs of the working class. This fraud, this lie, is just one among the thousands he perpetrates.

What Trafton apparently fails to realize is that he has written volumes about how he has his moral compass in tact. Don't believe a word of it, though. The truth is that if he can overawe and befuddle a sufficient number of prominent individuals, then it will become virtually impossible for anyone to purge the darkness from his heart. Some of us have an opportunity to come in contact with contemptuous curmudgeons on a regular basis at work or in school. We, therefore, may be able to gain some insight into the way they think, into their values; we may be able to understand why they want to diminish our will to live. Alright, enough of that. Now let's talk about something else. Let's talk about how Trafton tries to make us think the way he wants us to think, not by showing us evidence and reasoning with us, but by understanding how to push our emotional buttons. It is high time for someone to act honorably. Will that someone be you?

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)
Closed Thread