Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Avault proves JJ2 beats Unreal Tournament!

StevieNera aka Sp4z00

JCF Member

StevieNera aka Sp4z00 is doing well so far

Jul 7, 2001, 06:01 AM
http://www.avault.com/reviews/review...me=jazz&page=3 - Jazz got more 5 star ratings than

http://www.avault.com/reviews/review...game=ut&page=3 - Unreal Tournament!

ww0w0wo0o!

Its a shame Epic doesnt pay much attention to JJ2 as much as UT =[

.. it makes me mad >8|
Gargoyle

JCF Member

Gargoyle is doing well so far

Jul 7, 2001, 07:18 AM
They dont pay atention to it cus it's an old game, and Unreal Tournament has been much more sucsesful!

For example, there are around 5 servers on JJ2 during most of the time, but on Unreal Tournament... Well... Most of the people who have it know... =D

JCF Member

Cesar has disabled reputation

Jul 7, 2001, 07:31 AM
Quote:

Musical Score: The music is not on the CD; rather, it is MOD-based. Still, the sound quality is excellent, and the tunes rock. A wide assortment of styles is included, most of which reflect the theme of the level being played. My favorite song is, once again, from the Alice In Wonderland-inspired set, a hard rocking, soulful tune that sets the mood for the action. I also like the spirited bongos and ethnic vocalizations in the jungle-based levels. There are a number of litmus tests for good game music: Do you play it throughout or turn it off because it is irritating or repetitive? Are the songs memorable, and do they remind of you specific segments of the game? Are the compositions solid and varied? The music here passes each test with flying colors.

How dare they give the music 4 stars. Straylight Productions happens to compose great music I've never heard before! And it's not irritating nor repetitive.
Old Jul 7, 2001, 07:41 AM
ElectroPiZZa
This message has been deleted by ElectroPiZZa.

JCF Member

Cesar has disabled reputation

Jul 7, 2001, 08:33 AM
I know... but who wants to turn off the music?
Monolith

JCF Member

Monolith is doing well so far

Jul 7, 2001, 09:35 AM
(the guy who keeps jazz2 running day and night

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 7, 2001, 11:25 AM
I dislike it when people compare games of totally different genres. Also, I am pretty sure that most people who dislike UT have never played it.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Jul 7, 2001, 01:27 PM
Good one, Monolith.
CannibalBob

JCF Member

CannibalBob is doing well so far

Jul 7, 2001, 03:21 PM
I dunno about all of you guys, but my bro owns UT and I own JJ2. My friend also owns UT and burned me a copy, so I have UT installed on mah system. I like 'em both! The UT music is almost exactly the same as JJ2 music (not in style, but in how it's there). UT uses MOD-based music too, and I have 'em all! They rule, and JJ2 music rules too. The only problem I have with UT is that it's very demanding on the system, and I have a crap computer. I have to run in the lowest possible state, and it still runs slow when lots of activity is occuring. JJ2 can be slow on those really good levels with lighting, backgrounds and tons of objects. But it doesn't run slow now with 64 meg of RAM! haha. Anyway, JJ2 also has problems. Ever notice all those problems that could easily be patched? (ie, CTF does NOT work split-screen and when your character is at the side of the screen, s/he cannot get hurt). Too bad Epic didn't really care about JJ2. It had the possibility to be great!! (it already is, but it could be greater!)

Super Moderator

ShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legendShadowGPW is a forum legend

Jul 7, 2001, 03:38 PM
own jj2 and ut..

always liked jj2 better
Derby

JCF Member

Derby is doing well so far

Jul 7, 2001, 07:36 PM
It isn't the genre or the rating itself that proves that a game is better; it's the standards and the expectations that change ratings. JJ2's standards and expectations were in the two-dimensional range, while UT's were in the three dimensional range. For a 2D game, Jazz Jackrabbit 2 was done very well, and so it deserved its high rating, in its range. Likewise the same goes with UT, but it's in a completely different area and time from JJ2.

Also, the same reviewers aren't always reviewing the same games; even the same genre may have different reviewers who think differently of games.

The ratings don't lie, though; they're both worthy games.
Hellraiser

JCF Member

Hellraiser is doing well so far

Jul 12, 2001, 05:23 PM
I hate unreal tournament because it has severely damaged JJ3's chance of ever seeing the light of day.. that and the fact that UT looks like a piece of crap.

JCF Member

Michael is doing well so far

Jul 15, 2001, 09:59 PM
The reson you see me sometimes on Jazz2 when I'm sometimes online is because Unreal(toruenament..) take 3 minits to load! then, another 1 to bring up the wibndow that you choose the levle to play and stuff! then, internet play lags like hell, instead of a resonable 80 or 120 ping, it's 1500 or 700 ping for me, so theres lag and I can't have fun.. I enjoy UT overall but Jazz is mroe fun because I can play it online and the only prob is lame levels and not enough people. If I'd have to vote I'd pick Jazz.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Jul 15, 2001, 10:50 PM
Most UT servers I join have a ping of less than 100MS. They are all dedicated servers too, so I don't have to worry about them closing.

By the way, did you know JJ3 used the UT engine? JJ3 may not see the light of day, but without the engine it probably wouldn't have even been started.

Visit My JJ2 Blog (HOLD YOUR HORSES I'M WORKING ON IT SHEESH)

JCF Member

KRSplat is a forum legendKRSplat is a forum legend

Jul 21, 2001, 11:46 AM
If UT hadn't been made they woud've made they're own and wouldn't have had to pay 500.000 dollars for the rights and stuffz.