Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

Post your utility ideas here.

Shelly

JCF Member

Shelly is doing well so far

Nov 26, 2010, 11:50 AM
Post your utility ideas here.

Hey,
I'm willing to pick up on projects that you guys suggest.

Make sure you keep it JJ2 Related,
Anything that can be achieved with an external program, Like recording and whatsoever, Is not what I'm looking for.

So yeah, Any ideas that can manipulate the game itself or to extract information from the game, Like the current project I'm about to release(it got released : D).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
Suggested by urbs - An application that lets you team chat without having to press shift every time. ~ Working on it.

EDIT2:
Working on an chat bot application, Which would only be available for hosts,
An option for max 5 messages, Chooses one of them randomally, and each X minutes...
[15:04:01] murát[ßá]: suck my dick andrzej which I dont have

Last edited by Shelly; Nov 27, 2010 at 03:48 AM.
DanZeal

JCF Member

DanZeal is an asset to this forum

Nov 26, 2010, 12:29 PM
mapvote

ZStats
"The myth that women should not lift heavy is advanced only by women who fear effort and men who fear women." Eric Midkiff
Shelly

JCF Member

Nov 26, 2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZeal View Post
mapvote
I'll try to work on that, Although plus has basically everything that's needed, I would have to write a whole bunch of code, while blur may have to add like 30 lines, if not less. :P

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Nov 26, 2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
I'll try to work on that, Although plus has basically everything that's needed, I would have to write a whole bunch of code, while blur may have to add like 30 lines, if not less. :P
All you need to do is write a program that can read and send chat, and be able to parse it so it can read votes properly. That's not too complicated.

The utility would then count up the votes, using whatever method you think is suitable.... After that, just make your program send /c [filename] via chat. JJ2+ should handle the rest.

For bonus points, you can make the utility read from levellist.ini to choose which maps are eligible.

Obviously, all of this would be much more convenient if blur adds it to JJ2+, but for now, I think the approach I've outlined is the easiest one.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 02:31 PM
Grytolle
This message has been deleted by Grytolle. Reason: nvm
Shelly

JCF Member

Nov 26, 2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMike View Post
All you need to do is write a program that can read and send chat, and be able to parse it so it can read votes properly. That's not too complicated.

The utility would then count up the votes, using whatever method you think is suitable.... After that, just make your program send /c [filename] via chat. JJ2+ should handle the rest.

For bonus points, you can make the utility read from levellist.ini to choose which maps are eligible.

Obviously, all of this would be much more convenient if blur adds it to JJ2+, but for now, I think the approach I've outlined is the easiest one.
The real problem is having the program detect which client to handle, since zeal opens up jazz like god knows how many times on each computer... :P

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Nov 26, 2010, 04:35 PM
Save yourself a lot of work and write a Python extension that can interface with JJ2 in a flexible way. That way people can get creative themselves.

I tried this a couple of years ago before all of this fancy-shmancy JJ2 hacking got popular.

JCF Member

EvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHARTEvilMike is OFF DA CHART

Nov 26, 2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspaz View Post
Save yourself a lot of work and write a Python extension that can interface with JJ2 in a flexible way. That way people can get creative themselves.

I tried this a couple of years ago before all of this fancy-shmancy JJ2 hacking got popular.
That sounds like a lot of work, although it would definitely be cool :P

Cpp basically did this using angelscript, which is a C++ like scripting language. It wasn't finished but what he had was pretty good (it used DLL injection like JJ2+ does). That sort of thing can be extremely powerful, but it's far from easy to make. I can only think of maybe 5 people (I'm not one of them) who really know enough about how JJ2 works to be able to do that, but there could be a few others. Not many though.

Of course, a scripting language doesn't have to interact with JJ2 on that level, but it would be quite a bit less flexible. And still pretty time consuming to make (even if it is not quite as hard as the method cpp went for).
Shelly

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newspaz View Post

Well. if i make a scripting language, then anyone can make their own cheats. We don't want that :P
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Sfaizst is an asset to this forum

Nov 27, 2010, 03:54 AM
As Info there is still a program that have a chatbot included AND the automatic team chat function too, its called JJM.
Sfaizst

JCF Member

Sfaizst is an asset to this forum

Nov 27, 2010, 04:02 AM
Since a while I'm working on a pascal / basic based script language too for getting more warp ID's, Trigger ID's,... in a level, i want to create something like karrotshire, but for all players that are interested in creating a mmorpg like it...
It will take a lot more time i think, i not have mutch Time at the moment...

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Nov 27, 2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
If you want to make your cheats, there are dozens of ways already.
Hunter, for ex. I don't know how to make a cheat for any game. I know how to make a console application where you can see a SUM of 2 numbers, etc. Just simple applications. But if I am alright, it will be much easier to make a cheat with scripting language, and almost everyone will have their own cheats, and they will spread them, and they will make everyone leave JJ2. We don't want it, right?

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2010, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Making cheats is actually as easy as creating the program you gave as example. The easiest way, basically, is to get a memory editor - and any computer user advanced enough to use Windows by himself can operate such - and mess with values. You can find value lists on J2O, even. Now if we didn't want anyone to cheat, we wouldn't have those on the site, right? Judging from the amount of time they've been up for, I'd say they're harmless. Should you spot any cheaters, you can just ban them. And if I'm not mistaken, all the "dangerous" cheating tools are already easy to acquire anyhow. Yet, no-one leaves JJ2 because of that, right?
Actually, I have cheats that can probably ruin CTF gameplay : D , and no one can find out that you're using these cheats.
Shelly

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Believe me, people will know when you make good use of them. You can look at a JDC an year ago for an example.
Trust me, There isn't a way to notice it, At all. You don't know what I'm takling about.

JCF Member

Newspaz has disabled reputation

Nov 27, 2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
That sounds like a lot of work, although it would
definitely be cool :P
Actually I meant save yourself work so Shelly wouldn't have to make dozens of programs all with a specific function that way. People could just create their own. That way it would save having to do future work.

The cheating excuse Shelly has is a bit silly. Seeing as it's quite easy to do some memory editing for anyone who has the knowledge.
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Nov 27, 2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
That sounds like a lot of work, although it would definitely be cool :P

Cpp basically did this using angelscript, which is a C++ like scripting language. It wasn't finished but what he had was pretty good (it used DLL injection like JJ2+ does). That sort of thing can be extremely powerful, but it's far from easy to make. I can only think of maybe 5 people (I'm not one of them) who really know enough about how JJ2 works to be able to do that, but there could be a few others. Not many though.

Of course, a scripting language doesn't have to interact with JJ2 on that level, but it would be quite a bit less flexible. And still pretty time consuming to make (even if it is not quite as hard as the method cpp went for).
Where did OL go to anyway? I haven't seen him in ages now.. Sadly.
Neobeo was forced to leave too it seems. He knew a whole lot about JJ2s engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
Trust me, There isn't a way to notice it, At all. You don't know what I'm takling about.
Quote:
I might as well know more than you think. Apparently it's noticeable, for example, when one sees more than the others do. In terms of performance, that is. One as inexperienced as I am, when it comes to multiplayer gaming, might not catch on, while others can detect fraud as they see it happening, I am sure.

Anyway, I can't understand whether you're trying to play mysterious, or showing off with programming skills. In my view, saying you possess tools that can ruin gameplay isn't doing you any good.

But I can now expect someone to get exceptionally displeased with my post for a reason not clearly explained and say a word or two...
Cut it.
Its easy to notice cheaters in game (we all remember Valmango who got punished during JDC). A *REAL* cheater will be noticed. Their skill level will go up massively in an incredible short amount of time and they will have information nobody ever knew yet. Or even airhits that cannot be explained occur. Warping, or anything can show cheating. With the spectate function its even easier to find cheating players.

Saying you have the power to ruin CTF isnt a good idea indeed. Better delete that I am honest.

Also, I don't think the 'cheating excuse' is silly. Think of it, now not many players are able to do some editing. In the future anyone could be able to do so if such program were to come out in public. It *COULD* ruin JJ2s competetive gameplay entirely.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:58 PM
Vegito
This message has been deleted by Vegito. Reason: double post

JCF Member

Nov 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegito View Post
Where did OL go to anyway? I haven't seen him in ages now.. Sadly.
Neobeo was forced to leave too it seems. He knew a whole lot about JJ2s engine.
He's still around. He was in #jj2 about a week ago actually. He wanted to talk to blur about something. Amusingly enough, blur hasn't been in the channel since september, even though he usually idles there.

As for neobeo, he made a post on the jcf fairly recently.

JCF Member

Superjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHARTSuperjazz is OFF DA CHART

Nov 28, 2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Amusingly enough, blur hasn't been in the channel since september, even though he usually idles there.
I actually wouldn't find that amusing anymore. Where is blur? We miss you!
n0

JCF Member

n0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legendn0 is a forum legend

Nov 28, 2010, 01:40 PM
An import/export animation utility for J2A files, maybe including an editor.

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Nov 28, 2010, 01:46 PM
It's funny how almost everyone who can make an utility for JJ2 makes uberl33t undetectable hacks or maybe useful programs but he keeps them for himself "because so"...

JCF Member

Nov 28, 2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
It's funny how almost everyone who can make an utility for JJ2 makes uberl33t undetectable hacks or maybe useful programs but he keeps them for himself "because so"...
Nah, most of the good (usable) utilities are actually on j2o. A couple are hosted elsewhere but you can find links on this forum or on other websites. There are indeed a couple of things which are kept private, but this is usually because they are unfinished and not really in an easily usable state.

As for "uberl33t undetectable hacks", there really isn't such a thing... anyone who knows what he's looking for can spot cheating by using spectator mode. This applies to pretty much any kind of hack, because cheating players behave differently from non-cheating players (main things to watch for: they react to information they shouldn't have, they can have more ammo than they should have, and they play at a level way higher than what you would expect).

I think the real problem with hacks is that they can disrupt public servers and the like: while you can usually deal with cheaters in a highly monitored, private server, it's not so easy to do that in a public game (or a private game with a full server, for that matter).
Vegito

JCF Member

Vegito is an asset to this forum

Nov 28, 2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
What do you mean by that? Essentially, you said the same I did, expanding it a bit.

Let's agree to disagree. I already explained how easy it was to do some cheating on your own. "Not able to do some editing" - no, rather "haven't tried yet."
A scripting language may appear more inviting, yet cheating will remain as intelligible as it is now.
Theres that difference where I don't think you should tell people 'hey, please give editing a try!' cause if everybody finds out how *easy* it is, you'll have a damned game with lots of cheaters anyway.
Why point out it's easy and anyone can do it with a little practice?

JCF Member

Lithium is an asset to this forum

Nov 29, 2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Nah, most of the good (usable) utilities are actually on j2o. A couple are hosted elsewhere but you can find links on this forum or on other websites. There are indeed a couple of things which are kept private, but this is usually because they are unfinished and not really in an easily usable state.

As for "uberl33t undetectable hacks", there really isn't such a thing... anyone who knows what he's looking for can spot cheating by using spectator mode. This applies to pretty much any kind of hack, because cheating players behave differently from non-cheating players (main things to watch for: they react to information they shouldn't have, they can have more ammo than they should have, and they play at a level way higher than what you would expect).

I think the real problem with hacks is that they can disrupt public servers and the like: while you can usually deal with cheaters in a highly monitored, private server, it's not so easy to do that in a public game (or a private game with a full server, for that matter).
There's a server crasher able to crash servers using plus and also a chat hacking program also usable in plus servers. You can't detect that really easy...

JCF Member

Nerd is doing well so far

Nov 29, 2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
There's a server crasher able to crash servers using plus and also a chat hacking program also usable in plus servers. You can't detect that really easy...
How come? You can simply use an external program to monitor your network traffic (as the server).

JCF Member

Toni should make better posts

Nov 29, 2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
How come? You can simply use an external program to monitor your network traffic (as the server).
GG.

JCF Member

Jgke is an asset to this forumJgke is an asset to this forum

Nov 29, 2010, 06:34 AM
(If anyone's interested, Wireshark can be used for it)

JCF Member

Nov 29, 2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
People have already mentioned that you can monitor traffic. But besides that, it should be noted that neither of these are necessarily cheating - they can be used to disrupt games but that is not the same thing. Crashing servers is just being annoying/trolling, and same with fake chat (which is easier to notice, anyway). The only chat related thing that I can think of which would be cheating is spying on the other team's teamchat, but that too could be noticed with a good eye.