Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

A lot of new images...

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Sep 23, 2003, 02:55 AM
A lot of new images...

I haven't spent a lot of time here in the last few weeks, but here is a group of images made recently.

A Jazzer X skunk design...

A wallpaper for pocket pc...

An image from the Jazzer X design doc...

Sketch attack images...

Images made while depressed...

...Maybe I should have just pasted the URL to my online art directory.

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Sep 23, 2003, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare
...Maybe I should have just pasted the URL to my online art directory.
That would be an assasination attempt of my Netscape6.2.

The legs on the first one seem a little short... maybe he just needs a golden ring chained around his neck. On the second one I'd have to say her waist bends inward a bit too far in front... you may want to check me on that, though. And you seem to have forgotten to shade the bottom half of her clothing and her feet. The third one looks good, but his hand is a tad misshapen. His lower teeth seem to be coming from somewhere in front of his lip, but that's just nit-picking. The fourth one is just amazing; especially the windyness. But since it's my job to complain, I'd have to say jeans and a tank top aren't the most angellic looking type of clothing I could think of. The fith one's cute, though I can't figure out how her left leg got in that position (or if that's even her left leg). I would critisize the depressed ones, but whenever I try to critisize someone's depressed stuff it generally causes chaos and hatred. Though this does add to my proof that I'm the only one here who is not depressed.

Yeah.... I'm going to go eat candy now.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Sep 23, 2003, 10:35 AM
TOCAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111ONEELEVEN

I know this is not criticism but
- Rad already gave some.
-Toca makes my brain cells go "poof".

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 23, 2003, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolo
-Toca makes my brain cells go "poof".
That's actually not very difficult.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 23, 2003, 10:40 AM
You make my patience go poof.

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Sep 23, 2003, 01:12 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Its a whole buffet of Hare art...
... Oh, I don't know where to start- it all looks Soo-ooo good...

Rough sketches go streight to my hips but what the heck, you only live once...

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the critique, Radium.

The first one is supposed to look short. I originally drew the legs longer, but when he looked too tall, I shortened the legs (without changing the rest of the body). I thought it looked ok, but I guess not.

The second one is actually an old unfinished peice that I touched up with some artistic design. It makes a nice Pocket PC desktop.

The bunki with the gun does have an odd shaped hand, and I should have drawn more of a lower lip. Thanks for pointing those out.

The angel coon isn't one of my characters, so the clothing isn't something I chose.

The thing you think is the wolf lady's left leg is actually the guy's tail. I realized it looked like her leg when I drew it, but I just never fixed it.

Oh, and I'm not as depressed as I was when I drew those. ^_^

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2003, 04:02 PM
hey... I just noticed something...

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2003, 08:42 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
hey... I just noticed something...

Heh heh heh... I got ideas now...
/\/\

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.
Strato

JCF Member

Strato is doing well so far

Sep 23, 2003, 08:45 PM
*is now very scared* Xion and Araches , and now Faw and Toca. Furry art is evil.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Sep 23, 2003, 09:35 PM
Betty...

Nice pictures. Wrong form of "you're", though. Unless Fawriel owns a so big and green.

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2003, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Spaz
*is now very scared* Xion and Araches , and now Faw and Toca. Furry art is evil.
Nah, if you posted a half naked human, you'd get the same response. Furry art is subtly evil.

You see, now that I've got some attention, I can make big bucks off of selling smutt. Its like selling crack to preschoolers.

You see, a person can draw a naked fur, then tell everyone that it is ok because fur covers everything. But people will still be attracted by the human form in a naked state. Lets look at it this way... Say a woman walks by with nothing on but some peices of cloth that cover only her... "3 areas". Now one would look at this woman and say, "That isn't decent", however there is some fur fans I know who think that this type of clothing is all that is needed for decency for a furry character. So furry characters can get away with dressing a lot more in-appropriately without being caught.

Now lets take a look at Toca there, the one I drew for Faw. This type of clothing would horrify a parent if their child wore it, correct? And many times fur characters wear this kind of clothing, obviously designed to potray the body as a sex object. So furry characters are often potrayed as sex objects without our notice in many cases.

Okay, that is one hypothesis.

Second hypothesis: Furry characters are like humans... but cuddly, and often drawn without what a human would consider flaws in their features.

Okay, number one: Potrayal as a sex object
number two: lack of flaws in their appearance, cuddly, and most often potrayed as innocent.

If you don't believe me about them being potrayed as a sex object, just look at Bonnie. As an example I present the scene where she is on her motorcycle and looking over her shoulder. You see under her skirt thing and get a good look at her butt. It is a panty shot, but at the same time Bonnie is so innocent. That is the subtle part. Often characters are potrayed as innocent, and that brings your guard down for the hidden sexual messages of the image.

I'm through with it. I've drawn my female characters with subtle sexual messages for some time, and it is over. And it isn't like I wasn't aware of it. Whenever I drew them, I would always draw the clothing and the form of the body to make it look sexy to some degree, then make the character look innocent. It is a trap underneath it's innocent exterior. We guard ourselves against smut, but this kind of stuff brings down that guard.

I've had it. My art is going to be decent from now on. I'll still be drawing Toca and everyone, but I'm making a change in the presentation.

Oh, and I was joking about selling crack to kids and selling smut... but someone is going to put that quote in their signature anyways... aren't they?

JCF Member

Sep 23, 2003, 11:22 PM
sorry about that little essay.

Cases may vary from artist to artist, or viewer to viewer. So I can't speak for anyone really but myself. I know that I am attracted to bare bellies, and different features, and I often add those to my images. Personally, I'm going to stop drawing from lust. Often other people's art that displays this or that "turns me on"... but I cannot speak for what is going on in that artist.

I'm sorry for assuming Dean knowingly makes his images sexy... Well, it'll be kind of hard to convince me that the butt shot isn't a butt shot, though.

I'm a bit confused about some of this stuff. I'm going to go and talk to someone I can confide in.

I kinda turned this into a theological discussion. (If it isn't now, no doubt it will be when people start replying). I'm sure everyone will be a lot happier when I'm no longer a mental case and going into depressions and posting long posts about my thinking. I know I will be.

Sorry Faw for getting you into all this stuff too.

My book I have on depression talks about a depressoin type, and one of the things in this depression type is that the person is "subtly sexy" or something... It could be that this is potrayed through my art... It also talks about that type of person wanting to be the center of atte.... Shoot... Durnit! ....I'm just going to go and keep reading that book until my aunt comes home so I can have someone to talk about all this with. I'm fitting into the mold of this depression stuff written in that book very well... a little too well... I'll talk some other time.

Last edited by Hare; Sep 23, 2003 at 11:39 PM.
Sun Fun Dude

JCF Member

Sun Fun Dude has disabled reputation

Sep 23, 2003, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Nah, if you posted a half naked human, you'd get the same response. Furry art is subtly evil.

You see, now that I've got some attention, I can make big bucks off of selling smutt. Its like selling crack to preschoolers.

You see, a person can draw a naked fur, then tell everyone that it is ok because fur covers everything. But people will still be attracted by the human form in a naked state. Lets look at it this way... Say a woman walks by with nothing on but some peices of cloth that cover only her... "3 areas". Now one would look at this woman and say, "That isn't decent", however there is some fur fans I know who think that this type of clothing is all that is needed for decency for a furry character. So furry characters can get away with dressing a lot more in-appropriately without being caught.

Now lets take a look at Toca there, the one I drew for Faw. This type of clothing would horrify a parent if their child wore it, correct? And many times fur characters wear this kind of clothing, obviously designed to potray the body as a sex object. So furry characters are often potrayed as sex objects without our notice in many cases.

Second hypothesis: Furry characters are like humans... but cuddly, and often drawn without what a human would consider flaws in their features.

number two: lack of flaws in their appearance, cuddly, and most often potrayed as innocent.

If you don't believe me about them being potrayed as a sex object, just look at Bonnie. As an example I present the scene where she is on her motorcycle and looking over her shoulder. You see under her skirt thing and get a good look at her butt. It is a panty shot, but at the same time Bonnie is so innocent. That is the subtle part. Often characters are potrayed as innocent, and that brings your guard down for the hidden sexual messages of the image.

I'm through with it. I've drawn my female characters with subtle sexual messages for some time, and it is over. And it isn't like I wasn't aware of it. Whenever I drew them, I would always draw the clothing and the form of the body to make it look sexy to some degree, then make the character look innocent. It is a trap underneath it's innocent exterior. We guard ourselves against smut, but this kind of stuff brings down that guard.

I've had it. My art is going to be decent from now on. I'll still be drawing Toca and everyone, but I'm making a change in the presentation.

Oh, and I was joking about selling crack to kids and selling smut... but someone is going to put that quote in their signature anyways... aren't they?
Uh... I like pie...

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 12:07 AM
...Yeah...

I'll just go back to reading my book... I'm done being psychotic for tonight.

Sun Fun Dude

JCF Member

Sun Fun Dude has disabled reputation

Sep 24, 2003, 12:10 AM
No actually I read it all and understand it perfectly.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 24, 2003, 02:46 AM
Quote:

sorry about that little essay.

Cases may vary from artist to artist, or viewer to viewer. So I can't speak for anyone really but myself. I know that I am attracted to bare bellies, and different features, and I often add those to my images. Personally, I'm going to stop drawing from lust. Often other people's art that displays this or that "turns me on"... but I cannot speak for what is going on in that artist.

I'm sorry for assuming Dean knowingly makes his images sexy... Well, it'll be kind of hard to convince me that the butt shot isn't a butt shot, though.

I'm a bit confused about some of this stuff. I'm going to go and talk to someone I can confide in.

I kinda turned this into a theological discussion. (If it isn't now, no doubt it will be when people start replying). I'm sure everyone will be a lot happier when I'm no longer a mental case and going into depressions and posting long posts about my thinking. I know I will be.

Sorry Faw for getting you into all this stuff too.

My book I have on depression talks about a depressoin type, and one of the things in this depression type is that the person is "subtly sexy" or something... It could be that this is potrayed through my art... It also talks about that type of person wanting to be the center of atte.... Shoot... Durnit! ....I'm just going to go and keep reading that book until my aunt comes home so I can have someone to talk about all this with. I'm fitting into the mold of this depression stuff written in that book very well... a little too well... I'll talk some other time.

You think too hard. What was the last time you tried to eat a bagel without using your hands?

If you ever need someone to talk to or interrogate or scream at or send death threats to, I'm always here. No, really; I'm at this forum about 80 hours a week. And I'm good at keeping secrets unless I'm bribed, then ethics go right out the window.

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Fun Dude
No actually I read it all and understand it perfectly.
What did I write again? I'm afraid to look... Oh, ok. So I wrote about problems with subtle promiscuity... Sorry Mr Doddrill about that. I don't know if it is true or not about that scene, I only know how that image affects me. I know there is a lot of truth in what I wrote about diffusing a person's guard. Some years ago, that kind of subtle leading got me mixed up in a lot of... Lets just say, the bad side of furry. Those online friends would act innocent, but there was a lot of naughty stuff going on under the surface. I got really bad... So that kind of stuff makes me sick to the stomach. Dirty rotten garbage...

===Edited: Removed a couple of paragraphs of talking to myself, then diagnosing my problems... But I found out what the main problem is.===

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
You think too hard.
Yes I do. It reminds me of the main character of "A Beautiful Mind". Actually this excessive logic and theology is described in my book on depression as a way to avoid feeling emotions... AH CRAP! Darn, I had this friend a long time ago who told me about people building walls and not feeling emotions. Sheesh, I didn't think I'd ever do that. *chuckles* but given the circumstances, I understand why I did.

Uhm, anyways, I may take you up on that offer sometime. My book on depression says that years of emotional trauma aren't healed in a single week of therapy, but it can take months or years.

You may think I'm relying on my book on depression too much, but my book on depression says you are wrong... LOL, that was a joke. I say, a joke, son.

Uhm... So where were we? Ah yes, Batty says he has some sort of idea.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 24, 2003, 08:35 AM
Hey, don't change your art just because somebody thinks it's a little odd or someting... it's all cool. ^^

And I'm not offended at all..

MUAHAHAA! I'm so GREEN! =D *beheads a bottl'a champagne*

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 24, 2003, 11:11 AM
Quote:
My book on depression says that years of emotional trauma aren't healed in a single week of therapy, but it can take months or years.
I would like to challenge that. And I know I'll win, too, even if it makes me resort to telepathy and hypnosis.

Don't get me started about the human mind. I know how that thing works.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 02:35 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
Yes I do. It reminds me of the main character of "A Beautiful Mind". Uhm... So where were we? Ah yes, Batty says he has some sort of idea.
Same kind of thoughts go on in my mind, but they tend to bend on how religion, myths, and legends can all coexist peacefully.

I agree with Piccolo on not changing the way you draw. To tell you the truth, one time a couple of guys were looking over my shoulder while I was drawing Sue the ladybug(Who, in the picture, was punching someone-I forget who).

Their first comment: "She looks like a guy"
Their second comment: "You should give her some (Breasts)" (Note, they didn't use that exact word, but I don't know if the word they used is Derby approvable.)

My comments: "She's SUPPOSED to look like a guy" (Why do you think Louie is the first successful romance in her life? /\/\) and "She's an INSECT: She lays EGGS, and therefore doesn't need breasts."

As for my idea, well, I'll let you know if I take it anywhere... /\/\

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 24, 2003, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty Buddy
She lays EGGS, and therefore doesn't need breasts."
PLATAPUSES HATE YOU.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 02:39 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
PLATAPUSES HATE YOU.
Good cause I hate them...

(Gets trampled, scratched, and bitten by a bunch of rip-snorting mad platapi.)

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.
Strato

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 02:40 PM
One half of a sentence spawned an essay that changes an artist. I'm going to go eat some pudding now.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 24, 2003, 02:45 PM
@Batty: Do platapuses even have teeth and claws?

@Infinite: I must admit, it was quite an amazing feat. Give me a pudding too.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 02:48 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
@Batty: Do platapuses even have teeth and claws?
Well, they DO have claws on the back of their feet(Males have venom in theirs) and as for teeth, I don't know, but then you don't have to have teeth to bite someone.
(Yeah, I do know a bit about weird animals like Platapi... The reason I didn't say that to THOSE guys is because I forgot. /\/\)

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 24, 2003, 02:56 PM
Platapi hunting should be encouraged. Wiping out the entire species would make things so much simpler. Hey, it worked with Dodos.

Strato

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 02:59 PM
Plural for Platypus is Platypus.

JCF Éminence Grise

Sep 24, 2003, 03:00 PM
That's the other reason they should all be killed.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 05:47 PM
Que Passa!!!!

"You know what you have to do NOW, boy?
KILL EM- KILL EM ALL!!!"
The evil lepricon
The simpsons.

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.
Strato

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 07:13 PM
On a serious note, Humany art can and is just about as graphic as Furry art can be. Not all furry art is like that, for instance I have my happy anime cat character and she is fully clothed like a normal person would be. However in a lot of japense cartoons, girls are portrayed very graphicly. They make millions of dollars a year on *novels*. However there isn't a market like that for Furry Art. Therefore Furry Art still posses quite a bit of dignity.

Now, I want you to never ever take me seriously again, for I am generally stupid.
Strato

JCF Member

Sep 24, 2003, 07:21 PM
I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

Whenever I decide to be a critic on something, I always cause a rant. Nifty eh?