Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » General Jazz Jackrabbit Talk

JJ2 from CD not working on Win 95, arrow up on menu screen

Kejru

JCF Member

Kejru has disabled reputation

Apr 3, 2024, 01:39 AM
Question JJ2 from CD not working on Win 95, arrow up on menu screen

Hello there!
I have an issue with CD version of JJ2 Secret files. I installed it on the PC with Windows 95 and when I get to the in-game menu screen it seems like the arrow up (or W?) key is always pressed down, which makes me unable to choose any option and actually play the game. This happens even when the keyboard is not plugged in, and the keyboard works perfectly fine with other games so I think it's not the issue.
If I start a new game (which is possible if I click enter with the right timing) then it seems like the arrow left key is being constantly pressed.
Is there any way to fix this without downloading any new files? I don't have access to the Internet on this old PC. I wanted to install this game so the guests at the place I work in (a kind of museum of retro games) could play this and enjoy it but I'm losing hope it would work out.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Apr 3, 2024, 09:27 AM
Welcome! You have some device connected to the computer that is sending joystick data, part of which JJ2 thinks means that the directional stick is being pushed all the way to the top left. Run JJ2 with the -nojoy command line option so it only pays attention to the keyboard.

JCF Member

Kejru has disabled reputation

Apr 4, 2024, 04:26 AM
Thank you, it helped!