Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Archived forums (closed for posting) » War Tavern

Uuummm....War Stories Might Be Back? - by various people

Kaz

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Feb 17, 2002, 07:47 PM
I CLAIM THE 22ND PAGE AS WELL!

JCF Member

Hareoic is doing well so far

Feb 18, 2002, 09:41 AM
Using a regular tractor beam(not the one with REAL tractors), Gen pulled Unknown Rabbit into the tavern. He didn't look so good, he fainted from lack of oxygen, and Gen noticed his head was considerably lighter. "Sorry, just don't say that about my stuff next time!" he muttered as he hurried to his little room.

"Saw?"
"Saw."
"Laser?"
"Laser."
"Needle and thread?"
"Needle and thread?"
"Microscope?"
"Microscope."
Gen was asking his intelligent kittens for assistance, while the door to the room was bolted shut. Almost everybody waited nervously outside trying to hear what was going on. Gen took the very last brain cell from Unknown's head and analyzed it. "Hmmm, the gas was more effective that I thought. Luckily I know how to reverse this." He took various lasers and fired them into a mirror that pointed derectly at the cell. The seemed to merge before they hit. The cell multiplied until it was the same size as before. He put it back in Unknown's head and closed his skull.

"Uhhhh... am I being abducted? What's with all the lights? Oh, my head..." Unknown Rabbit stirred before realising who he saw before him. Himself in a mirror. GenEX put him in a bathroom, hoping he'd believe he hit his head and passed out.

Meanwhile, Gen was scattering catnip all over the War Tavern, and his kittens were going crazy. Slayer slipped and fell onto some of the ground plant and a cat made itself comfortable on his unconsious face.

I hope you're happy now

JCF Member

Cobra has disabled reputation

Feb 18, 2002, 09:54 AM
A plot hole opened and the kittens were sucked off to the distant planet of Ceramicus(is that the name of that JJ1 world?).
Unknown was rather irratated with Genex, and proceeded to get out of the room only to purposely drop the jukebox on Genex's head.

aHEM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Feb 18, 2002, 02:37 PM
"I haf had ENOUGH of being ignored! All uf my life I haf been ignored.. now that ends!" cried Vampyra Smurferama, having gained an accent. "FrankenQuist's Monsteer, fovard! Ve shall overvun this place!"

GenEX peered out from under the large, heavy and potentially projectile jukebox at the two monsters. The smaller, blue one seemed to be advancing towards Slayer's prone form, fangs glistening as the author couldn't think of a new word for it. A wise choice, really, as Slayer was a vampire hunter.
The larger one, who looked like Fquist, seemed to be advancing towards him. But why? Not really thinking of his vast psychic powers, Gen quickly drew his head back under the jukebox as FrankenQuist's Monster came near. Slowly, the clumsy thing picked up the large and heavy jukebox, took aim, and threw it at the bar. Various alchoholic and non alchoholic drinks spurted forth, and a champagne cork hit GenEX in the eye. He quickly got up, and not feeling like intervening with the course of events, fled to his private whatever room.

"What's all the commotion?" asked Unknown Rabbit groggily, coming out of the bathroom Gen had installed him in. And then "Ahhh!! Where are Abbot and Costello when you need them?!" upon seeing the monster and vampire terrifying everyone sane enough to be terrified. He quickly fled for the trapdoor, but slipped on some loose wine, and kind of smashed into Vampyra Smurferama just before she could bite Slayer's limp form in the neck. Slayer came to his senses, and without noticing the vampire and rabbit behind him, began yelling curses and looking for whomsoever had wrecked the bar.

GenEX hurridly looked around for his kittens. None of them were to be found! After a quick search of the various concealing artifacts to be found in the room, he ran back into the main Tavern, grabbed Batty Buddy, ran back into his room, and instructed the bat to draw him a Replay button, so he could see what had happened. Batty, happy to be away from the monsters, obliged, and GenEX learned how a plothole had sucked the kittens away to Ceramicus. Somehow jumping into the replay, Gen too was warped to Ceramicus, while Batty Buddy tried to look wise and failed.

"I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD!" cried Vampyra Smurferama again, and Slayer whipped around. A vampire! He had not tested his skills for quite some time! This should be fun. Grabbing a stake from his rack on the wall, the Vampire Vampire Hunter advanced towards the Smurf. Meanwhile, the creature formerly known as Fquist had been somehow convinced by Ducky to sit down and play a game of Bingo with Cobra and herself.

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2002, 03:58 PM
Exclamation

MY KITTENS! MY PRECIOUS KITTENS! WHY?! WHY?!

*cries*

JCF Member

Feb 18, 2002, 04:19 PM
*whacks Cobra with a mace and runs*

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 18, 2002, 10:16 PM
Don't worry, Gen, you went to Ceramicus with them! Just read my post!

JCF Member

Feb 19, 2002, 11:49 AM
Smile

Yay! My many kittens! All here! Oh, you are all adorable...

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 22, 2002, 02:04 PM
"B2!" called out Ducky, having withdrawn a something with the same characters on it from the Bingo jar.
Cobra, who had been thinking of something else, made the "earphone" movement with her fingers and said "Excuse me, but did you say 2B, or not 2B?"
"I said B2. None of your cultural wise cracks." said Ducky, examining her Bingo Board.

GenEX, stranded on Ceramicus, but happy to be with his kittens once more, sung one of the songs he had sung earlier that nobody had paid any attention to, while at the same time walking around merrily.

"I feel so happy
I feel full of life
for you being here with me
has removed my strife.

I was gloomy
I was sad
but when I'm with you
I don't feel bad.

Ooo, ooo, ooo,
(Kittens), I love you
you make my aura glow brighter
every day in every way kemosabe."

He continued on like this for some time, singing various songs of praise to the kittens who were mewing about, while not really looking where he was going. So you can't be too surprised when he tripped and fell into one of the many pots laying around.

"Turn and fight, Vampire." said SlaYer, looming over Vampyra Smurferama, stake upheld. The Smurf spun around from Unknown Rabbit's neck, where she had been about to bite, and looked at Slay for a minute. Then, taking advantage of both her shortness and Slayer's tallness, she darted beneath his legs without much trouble. And then began an epic of thrusting, parrying, blocking, dodging, lunging, tripping, stumbling, falling, balance losing, crashing, smashing, bashing and generally lashing out at one another. At times it would look like Slayer had the upperhand, but then Vampyra would tie his foot to the jukebox in that rapid motion born of fighting for one's life, causing him to fall over on his face when he tried to move. And by the time he was up and untangled, the Smurf would be on the other side of the 'Tavern, looking for things to throw at him.

"A4!" cried out Ducky.
"We're playing Bingo here, not Golf." Cobra informed her, angry that she wasn't getting much luck with the drawn thingies. "Please try to keep your mind on the game."

Fire Sword turned to DDay. "Shouldn't we be doing something to help?"
"Who? Cobra, GenEX, Vampyra Smurferama, or Slayer?"
"Don't be silly. Slayer, of course."
"Nah. I'm sure he's got everything covered." said DDay, as Slayer went flying across the Tavern, having been tripped by Smurferama's conviniently placed foot. Righting himself, he began throwing stakes at Vampyra at high speeds, giving himself barely enough time to rearm before throwing. Naturally, the Smurf dodged them all easily, and managed to reach the ceilling by hopping on the various stakes stuck in the wall like steps. From there, she jumped into the Chandeiler (Which is constantly being repaired without mention), and cut the cable. Naturally, this would have been a good scheme if Slayer had been underneath. He was not.

"B4!" cried out Ducky, causing Cobra to tell her to please complete her sentances, instead of just leaving them hanging, so other people could know without question what was going to come-

Beauman, having set up a betting stand, declared it open to buisness. Many of the inhabitants got out wads of cash that they had not already spent on beer and that sort of thing, and bet some or all of it on one of the two battlers. The whole betting buisness ended kind of abruptly when one of Slayer's stakes cut through one of the holdings, causing the whole thing to collapse on top of Beauman. But it wasn't too bad, as the rabbits forgot about it, and Beauman thus got to keep all the bets.

"BINGO!" cried Cobra jubilantly, having finally gotten the letter/number to complete a line.
"No! You fool! You're supposed to let the Monster win, so it will be happy and stuffness with the feeling of Bingo Winning! As it is, you just made it.. angry." said Ducky, recoiling as FrankenQuist's monster, smote the table in two, and strode away. Picking Slayer and Vampyra up easily, the monster strode through a wall, and vanished into the night, still carrying the contenders.

"Oh, NO!" cried Kovu, after realizing what had just happened.
"What a calamity." said Batty Buddy, trying to sound less upset then he really was.
"Thish iz terrrribol!" slurred BBoy, after being revived and told what had happened.
"You said it!" said Unknown Rabbit. "No more bartender! What will we do?"

FrankenQuist's Monster, still carrying both the struggling Slayer and the docile Vampyra Smurferama, began to ascend the large hill that might or might not have been there before. Thunder and Lightning cracked spookily, illuminating the large old style castle perched on top of the hill. Slayer ceased his wriggling enough to ask where he was being taken, but the monster merely whacked him on the head. Everything went black.

The next thing Slayer knew, he was strapped to a table. There was no way of telling how long he had been unconscious, other then that it was still night. But that didn't really mean a thing, as night and day came and went depending on the mood the current author wanted. Glancing over, he saw FrankenQuist's monster strapped to another table, nearby. Vampyra Smurferama was working with some test tubes next to a Dutch Pastry Cook that had once stolen some apples from Batty Buddy, and was humming "Come into my lab, and see what's on the slab" in the manner of someone who is humming "Come into my lab, and see what's on the slab".
After what seemed an enternity of test tube work, the Dutch Pastry Cook came over to Slayer's head, and withdrew a inhumanly large saw from a pocket that was much too small to hold it, and said "Now, don't worry. This won't hurt a bit once the pain has subsided. And it's for a good cause.. you're donating your brain to this poor brainless creature!"
Slayer shivered as he felt the saw getting closer to his head, and closer.. and then a voice from his left said "Hold!".

JCF Member

Feb 22, 2002, 04:41 PM
GenEX rounded up all his feline friends and teleported back to the tavern. Unfortunately, his aim was a bit off due to the fact he was teleporting so many kittens. Thus he landed on the Dutch Pastry Cook, and his kittens didn't like the Dutch Pastry Cook. They hissed at, scratched, and bit the Dutch Pastry Cook, and a conviently placed brain sucking hose was nearby. The Dutch Pastry Cook had his brain transfered to FrankenQuist, so he didn't do much except bake and speak dutch. GenEX quickly untied SlaYer and took all of his many many kittens back to the tavern.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 22, 2002, 06:21 PM
Ok, we had three subplots. Check. That were built up in several posts. Check. Then, in one pharagaph, GenEX manages to destroy all three. Check. In the process, he ignored the fact that he fell in a pot, and that a voice said "Hold.", and that Vampyra Smurferama was there. Check. I'm annoyed. Check.

JCF Member

Ducky is doing well so far

Feb 23, 2002, 09:30 AM
It's okay, Unknownie. He can't help it; he's a god!
His brilliant mind is incapable of comprehending the little details like sub-plots and voices and pots.

We'll just have to bear with it; although, Gen, at the risk of being Moddie, it is wise to pay attention to details in other peoples' posts in group stories.

*quivers*

JCF Member

Feb 23, 2002, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry, I just wanted my kittens
*snuggles his scottish fold*
You are so cute...

JCF Member

RockyR has disabled reputation

Feb 26, 2002, 01:21 PM
What happened

It looks like this is rather developed, but remembering how I'd say 'localized' stories in here are I can't go through and read he whole thing.
What happened, what's important?
Could someone go over that so I can see if I want to join in? ^_^'

(Rocky)
Stuff is good..

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 26, 2002, 01:52 PM
Recent Recap:
Everything that had been posted for a while was erased, due to Batty Buddy's Pokesith setting the time back to Christmas. Then GenEX sang a song, and Vamprya Smurferama came in, and turned Fquist into FrankenQuist's monster. GenEX was sent to Ceramicus, along with his intelligent kittens. Slayer fought with Vampyra, while the monster played Bingo with Ducky and Cobra, until it lost, at which point it took Slayer and Vampyra up to a castle on top of a hill. A Dutch Pastry Cook that hadn't been mentioned in the story for ages was there, and was about to transfer Slayer's brain to the head of FrankenQuist's monster, when GenEX teleported in, put the Dutch Pastry Cook's brain in instead, saved Slayer, and teleported back to the War Tavern, where everyone had been debating on what to do now that there was no bartender. Thus, except for the Vampire Smurf and the Dutch Pastry Cook monster that was formerly Fquist up on the hill, we are plotless.

It's also Early Spring, if that's important.

JCF Member

Feb 26, 2002, 03:27 PM
Hey, Rock, you bacK?

I think we could work off that early spring detail, Unknownie.

*cough*Easter?*cough*

I'm too delirious to try and salvage a shred of the situation.

JCF Member

Kaz has disabled reputation

Feb 26, 2002, 04:35 PM
RR must save us!

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 28, 2002, 12:48 AM
Ancoysnd strolled in a carefree fashion into the office of Honorable Mr. ANTE-TUBBES, owner of Happy Puppy Pickle Co. Being a good, efficient, fast working worker, he was the top canidate for whatever new publicity stunt that boss was planning now. And whoever did it was promised a bonus if there weren't any problems. So it was with a feeling of iminent cash that Ancoysnd sat down in a chair when ANTE-TUBBES told him to sit down, and listen.
"Sit down, and listen. Now, Happy Puppy Pickle Co. sales have been steadily dropping for the last few minutes. This must be remedied."
"Gosh, you really take your job seriously, don't you?"
"It is my duty to make sure Happy Puppy Pickle Co. does well. Now, as you know, Easter is coming up. Easter means Easter Bunny. You are a Bunny. I need you to dress up as the easter bunny, and go from door to door delivering Choclate Eggs in packages reading "Happy Puppy Pickles... they're good!" in cutesie letters. Got that?"
"Yes sir, Mr. ANTE-TUBBES sir!" Ancoysnd saluted, and began to leave the room.
"You'll find your costume and supplies in Locker 4!" called out ANTE-TUBBES, but Ancoysnd only heard "You'll toss them in surprise at Locker 24!". Curious, he went to Locker 24, and opened it. Inside was a costume, and a large sack of small packages.
Gingerly, Ancoysnd shouldered the stuff, and went into a changing room. However, when he began to unfold the costume, all the lights went out.
Moments later, ANTE-TUBBES' voice came in over one of the loudspeakers installed everywhere. "WE ARE HANDLING A SMALL POWER SURGE.. IT SHOULD NOT LAST LONG. WORK AS USUAL." Ancoysnd, using some of the vast skills he posessed, put on the costume and shouldered the sack, and walked outdoors into the cool night air. There was no moonlight to guide him.

"Hooray!" called out someone because I didn't want to think who said it, "The Bartender has returned!"
"As has GenEX." observed Batty Buddy, putting on a pair of spectacles to make sure.
"Can't have everything." muttered a voice from Dark Corner #2609, but no one paid much attention, except GenEX, who stalked off to his private something or other room in a huff.
"BEER FOR EVERY-" started Beauman, but Ducky whacked him over the head with a "None of that!" for inciting over work for poor Slayer, before returning to whatever she had been doing before.
"Uh, yeah, that's fine and all, but now we need a plot, people." said whoever talks like that. There was a murmur of minority assent which was quickly hushed by those who didn't agree.
BlackSheep yawned, and fell asleep on the table.
There was a knocking at the door.
Strangely, the door did not explode inward.
Or outward.
"I'll get it." said Cobra, glaring at the ones who didn't want to. Walking over to the door with the intention of opening it, Cobra opened it, letting a figure in. Ducky gasped and stole BB's spectacles, and put them to her eyes. "It's a mad axe murder, with a belt full of knives!"
They all looked. The person at the door did appear to be what Ducky had proclaimed him to be.
"HAPPY EASTER!" cried the figure, having not heard Ducky, thinking he was dressed like the Easter Bunny. "Have some Chocolate Eggs, kiddies!" So saying, Ancoysnd (For it was he) withdrew some packages from his sack and threw them wildly over the 'Tavern. "Whee! Go get'm!"
A few of the less sober rabbits frolicked across the floor madly, and after a tussle, Kovu had them all. "Gee," he said, pulling out a little plug in one side, "what are these? They don't look like no Chocolate Eggs I've never seen!"
Beauman leaned over, got a suspicion, drew out a scanner, scanned the object, had his suspicion confirmed, shouted "THEY'RE GRENADES! RUN! BEAUMAN AND CHILDREN FIRST!" and quickly threw the uncorked one out the door, where it hit Ancoysnd in the face.
Ancoysnd had heard what Beauman had said, however, and ran, leaving the grenade to fall into the sack.
There was a very large explosion.
"Well, cool, now we've got an unplumbed depths endowed pit to whosoever knows where right in front of the door, making it impossible to really get in or out!" cried Fire Sword.
Beauman sold action figurines of Ancoysnd in Mad Axe Murderer With Belt Of Knives And Sack Of Grenades costume.

Uhhhhh, yeah?

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2002, 12:00 PM
Meanwhile, GenEX was working on his latest invention. And was finished. "Behold, my kittens, the Paw Controller! It hooks up to any system and makes it possible for animals who don't have poseable thumbs to play games!" All the kittens meowed happily and played GenEX at a bunch of games. Unfortunately, they weren't too good at the games. But soon they beat GenEX every so often. Still, GenEX was good, as he kept saying "''Ahoo! Butter me, I'm on a roll!"

Meanwhile, SlaYer was fighting Vampira Smurf, who had no long range attacks. SlaY kept throwing stakes and knives covered in holy water, yet Vampira dodged them all. Then, a radiant light appeared before them and somebody's face appeared. "SlaYer," it said. "You are no longer part of the War Tavern. Your vulgar language has led you to permanant banishment. Now you must also live a new life..." His eyes glowed and both SlaYer and Vampira Smurf were trapped in giant beams of white light. The figure disappeared, but so did SlaYer and Vampira.

When SlaYer awoke, everything around him seemed huge. "What the smurf just happened? What is this smurfy place anyway? And what in smurfs has happened to my voice?" he looked in a clear blue pond and gasped. He had turned blue and was wearing a white hat and pants. "Holy smurfs, I'm a smurf!" That's when Vampira woke up. She was a regular smurf now, and SlaYer found her to be very pretty, as Vampira though SlaYer was handsome. So they both got married and lived smurfily ever after.

Meanwhile, the story continues...

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 28, 2002, 12:48 PM
Totally out of continuity. Slayer was in the 'Tavern, Vampyra was in the castle, and due to hole in front of the door of the 'Tavern, neither Slayer or Vampyra could really have gotten to eachother.

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2002, 03:27 PM
Well here's something

I still didn't catch everything so this might not fit.

Bluez passed out drinks and watched television behind the bar. If the pay wasn't so good he'd replace himself with a paper cutout and make a self-service.

Steel Talon passed out from the drinks and landed himself in his entree. When he came to all that was left was what was stuck to his head. A real shame, a real shame. Look, it's haze. Steel Talon moved to face him and found that he was eating ribs.
Had anyone put Steel Talon's missing rib dinner on a milk carton these would have matched up perfectly. Haze tried to shift away but inebriated Steel Talon's foot found his way to Haze's belly.

:Shoot, that is uncomfortable dude, ow ow ow!!: growled best he could Haze. Steel Talon's foggy mind heard shoot and he shot a good number of holes around the restaurant area.
Haze had swallowed the rib whole and he felt awful sans the pleasant feeling given to him by the steak sauce. Steel Talon felt full of anger and spite.

Then he fell asleep in his own arms. Haze left the area to his best interest.

A mild incident that no one really saw. A larger problem at hand was Dethman who had his fair share to drink and had brought his katana sword with him
(In the old stories he had one, remember?)
He practiced techniques with it to the dismay of tablesitters and lazy boys in his area. The poor tables all cut clean in half, splinters all over the floor (If you remember it was fourty inches long, bad times).

No one could really try and calm him down, and what was the problem anyways? The 'ladies' as would be called around the tavern were all so chaste Bluez had to change ladies' night to 'black wolves' night where all those lazy bums from Black wolves would come in and have reduced drink prices. Merlin founded the Tavern after all, and most especially. But he had now realized he had to reconsider this too.
Cheeze suggested 'Cheeze night' where he would get a bottomless glass but Bluez turned him down to keep 'olive garden' lawyers from arriving at the doorstep. One of the drunks suggested 'drunk night' to him, anyone who came in drunk got free drinks, but wasn't that self defeating? It sure was.
Bluez decided for now that while he could get away with full prices all the time he may as well. (***This means one of you folks should think of a drink special night for Bluez) He really made top dollar considering no one ever chronicled much of these guys leaving the War Tavern.
Television around here was awful and most of them were turned off. That one guy (GenEX)'s cats were enjoying it but who else likes those nature channels?
Bart was nearby with a new action figure series, 'poseable thumbs'.
:They bend into all sorts of shapes!: he let be known. They were like putty of his hands. They could stick together and he made a thumb-hand. That kept him busy for a good time.
There was a janitor called to the scene as there was a plot - hole in front of the door.
:I can't tell them apart they're both devoid of all continuity, logic, and more.: He really was that confused. Miss Admael didn't like that one bit and she pushed him right one bit in. It wasn't productive at all. She took out a level, a ruler, and some boards and read out a door alchemy. She added four new doors, and without even using the wood, they turned out to be the automatic glass ones and one revolving door. The drunks and children began playing with them immediately. If they were manmade they would have shortcircuited rather soon.

(Rocky)
Stuff is good. ^_^'
Hareoic

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2002, 04:04 PM
"Awww, c'mon Gato, hook the cable back up, nobody likes the Nature Channel! Tell ya what, I'll make you a hologram deck so you and all your buddies can be IN nature. I'll make sure even you won't be able to tell that it is only an illusion. Lemme see, I'll need a RealScent system, a Solillusion utility, no, an Ultimate HoloSenses Program..." GenEX went to work on his gizmo, who was drinking beer and flirting with Cobra, who tried to smack him with her admin rod but he hardly flinched.

Beauman was selling great tasting beer for 500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000$ with a promise of "BUY ONE GET 20 FREE". Of course, it was only effective once. Yet he still got everybody old enough to drink to buy them 5 times more. After all, a drunk person is more likely to buy beer at a high price than anybody else. Then Beauman decided to join everybody, and the entire tavern was drunk, except for GenEX, his kittens, and Fquist, who was hiding in a closet, hoping everybody would think he was FrankenQuist.

"Hic-Giz-mo, you are kinda-Hic-cute yourself." said a seriously drunken Cobra. The entire tavern turned into a lovesickness dome. Male and female rabbits suddenly got together and danced and such, which they would never normaly do with eachother. Dethman could hardly hold his sword straight as Ducky kept hugging him. He accidently smashed the tavern walls and was almost sucked out into the vacuum of space, but GenEX had prepared for that a long time ago, with an emergency airlock made of titanium. Unfortunately, Deth's sword was stronger, and he was trying to impress the girls with how strong he was, which resulted in all the taverners in that room(which was all the drunk ones) to be hurled into space. Some thought of the possibilities of being lost in space only as an excuse to get close with one another.

"Arg, I though I told them I get 3 meals a day or I turn them all into 2 dimensional cardboard cutouts! I'm gonna get to the bottom of this." GenEX complained. He walked into the main room of the War Tavern, and was almost sucked into space. He used his handy psychic powers to seal off the hole just seconds before being blown into space. "I'm all alone," he said to nobody in particular, although particular was so far away that nobody couldn't hear him at all. "I know what to do now... I GOT RID OF ALL THOSE FREELOADERS! PARTY!" He threw streamers up in the air and his kittens danced around him.

Now don't kill me for what I've just done...

JCF Member

Feb 28, 2002, 05:13 PM
Spatial conception

In being sucked to space, in fact, they had been sucked out into a 'space for rent'. Sometime between installments it seemed that outside Carrotus had quit its job and left an empty mess.

:No, Carrotus, come back, we need you here, you offer our only stability in this mindless world: asked Jazzy.

:You don't care abut me any more: it moaned.

:Wow, that's mad cheesy: said Speedy to himself.

:Come visit me sometime you slackers!: it complained.

They thought it over and realized they should get outside more often, after all, it was 'Early Spring' or 'Easter'.
:We can go an an outing: suggested Ducky. And it was just ducky and more, an outside field trip for the environmentally deprived friends of the Tavern.

(This is where you write about the outing ^_^)

(Rocky)
Stuff is good
He'd probly get all serious.

JCF Éminence Grise

Feb 28, 2002, 07:33 PM
Somehow, they were back in the 'Tavern. Probably to spare them some trouble or another that they might have faced if they weren't back in the 'Tavern. GenEX managed to fix all the tables with some magic glue, to show once more how amazingly perfect he was, but then Gizmo whacked him over the head for impersonation. Dethman sort of got kicked out rather rudely by Slayer for causing a lot of trouble, while Admael used her apparent manufacturing powers to repair the wall, which now had Carrotus in Early Spring on the other side, just like it should.
"So, when do we go on the outing?" asked Speedy. A few creatures wondered where he had come from, but when there isn't any really serious plot around, characters kind of appear and disappear, so that didn't matter.
"I say we go right now." said Ducky stoutly, having donned a nice pith hat. "Do not put off for tomorrow what you can do today."
"I was going to suggest putting it off until the day after tomorrow, though." said Batty Buddy. The 'Taverners had somehow sobered, as GenEX wasn't posting this continuation, to prevent me from having to add all those slurs and stuff.
Ducky shot BB a quick glare, then turned back to the rest of the crowd. "Outing. Now. Who's with me?"

Anyway, after some argument (where Carrotus once more stuck its oar in) they went out on an outing. Some rabbits hadn't chosen to come, and others had showed up from nowhere and wanted to accompany the rest. So it's as yet unknown who went along, other then Ducky.

"Look, a flower!" cried BBoy, having found something he thought was a flower.
"Are you sure?" asked Batty Buddy, getting a "Identification of Various Countryside Plants" book. It was kind of useless, as it only mentioned Types of Types of plants, not really important stuff like if a plant was a flower or a tree, but BB kept looking through it anyway.
"I don't really think that's a flower." said Rocky Racoon. He was a trained Enviromentalist, and thus knew the difference between a flower and a tree, unlike the book. After all, the book had never had any formal training.
"I say it's a flower." grumbled BBoy, and attempted to pick it, to prove his point.
The Lion who's tail had been pulled erupted from the undergrowth (which RR had sucessfuly identified as overgrowth) and started chasing the outingers. But a few of GenEX's kittens had evidently been sitting around Ducky too much, as they managed to get the Lion to play a game of four way Chess with them. Everyone else kind of tip toed away, with GenEX shedding tears which Rocky thought were Daffodils because they couldn't possibly be Redwoods.

Kovu got a little lost. He had been walking along with the rest of the group, and he had bent down to smell what might have been a rose except for the fact it had polkadotts, and when he got up the rest had vanished. Actually, it was more likely they had walked off, not noticing him, but it looked as if they had vanished.
"Well, uh, that's too bad and all, but say..... without Ducky and Rocky watching over me, I can go back to the 'Tavern!"
So saying, Kovu began to walk in the direction he thought the 'Tavern lay. He soon tripped over a tree root, and complained that tree roots ought to have "caution" signs around them, but trudged on anyway. Soon he met another traveller.
"Hey, another traveller! Who are you?"
"I'm a Tour Guide. But I can't stop to talk, I'm on the job."
"Really? Well, you don't look like it, because you're not guiding any tour. Are they lost?"
"No," replied the Tour Guide mournfully, trying to forge through some brambles, "they reached their destination long ago. I'm the one who's lost. And while being lost with other people is bad enough, being lost and Alone is worse."
"Well, don't worry. I'm lost and alone too! We can be alone together!"
And so they forged through several square yards of thorns, neither noticing the clear, unsharp path right next to the thorns leading to the same destination.

Slayer was getting tired. He was a good walker, but one by one, many of the other rabbits had given him their packs to carry. This slowed him down.
"Hey, Ducky, where are we, anyway? This doesn't even Look like Carrotus!"
"Hmmm, good question." said Ducky, looking around quizzicly. "Hold this, I'll get our bearings." Ducky took off her pack, and put it on Slayer's back, at which point he sort of collapsed from the weight.
Several minutes later, Ducky bounced over to his buried form. "Slay! Guess what? We're not on Carrotus, just like you said!"
Slayer groaned from underneath the mound of backpacks. He tried to say something, but a nametag got in his mouth. It tasted vaugely like chicken, thought Slayer, taking a tentative bite.
Around him, other rabbits were overhearing, and running up to Ducky, saying things like "What do you mean, we're not on Carrotus?" and "Where are we, then?" and "When do we eat?".
"Why are you all asking Me?" asked Ducky, looking rather overwhelmed. And then, pointing to Rocky, "HE'S the outing leader!"
"Me? I thought you were!"
The talk continued over Slayer's head. He managed to utter a few pleas of help, but he wasn't really heard.

"And now," cried Beauman, back at the 'Tavern, "Survivor LXXVI! In which we bet who of the Outingers will be the last to return, and who will return next! Kovu has made an attempt to return, but got lost, so we may or may not be seeing him soon. PLACE YOUR BETS!"
Some of non energetic rabbits who hadn't gone along sleepily bet money on various outingers in one or both of the two categories, while a large TV screen showed various viewpoints of the main travel group in slow sucession.

JCF Member

Mar 1, 2002, 05:33 AM
Somehow, the aroma of flowers was really harming Gen's brain. All of a sudden, his eyes glowed red and he kept saying "Mwahahaha!" He grabbed his kittens and ran back to the tavern.

"Ok, people, place your- Ugh..." GenEX grabbed Beauman around the neck and threw him out onto the planet. He used his powers to take all the other taverners outside too. He then sealed off the portal and took the tavern into warp. "MWAHAHAHAHA! THE UNIVERSE SHALL BE MINE TO CONTROL! NOBODY CAN STOP ME NOW! MY POWERS WILL BRING AN END TO ALL LIFE! COME, MY KITTENS, LET'S WREAK HAVOC!"

JCF Member

Mar 1, 2002, 12:53 PM
Gen and his kittens bounced off to wreak havoc, leaving the Taverners who hadn't gone on an Outing sitting in a scruffy hole, atop which the War Tavern used to stand. Rummageing in the now roofless wine cellar, Beau couldn't find his mic, so assumed it must still be in the upstairs part of the Tavern, which was now speeding through the universe with Gen and his kittens. Beau thwapped a keg of something with a crowbar and they all had a drink to steady their nerves. An awful thought was hitting them all, as awful thoughts tend to do, but no one uttered it aloud.

On the Outing, Slay placidly sweated beneath a mountain of packs until Rocky, tiiring of dashing across the countryside, offered to carry one. Ducky bounced along with a compass and staff, chasing butterflies and unwittingly leading everyone amok. Rocky trudged along, gleefully quoting poetry in a rather unRockyish manner.

Kovu and the Tour Guide got thwapped in the face with some bracken, and shared the Tour Guide's last chocolate rabbit, which was not a grenade.

*yawn*

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2002, 05:46 AM
Outdoor shame

Some of them wanted to go back inside to the Tavern but it was rather out of reach.

:No me gusta, yo tengo hambre: growled Rocky. No one had brought much food, a real calamity.
Admael looked excited and pulled out a set of dishes.
:I broguht some spam! Now with new turkey spam. Spam, spam!: she described. :Sorry, I wouldn't feed that to a dog..: slurred Rocky. Then she nailed him in the head with a two by four and that was the end of that.

Baeuman seemed to have a small laptop in his backpack and he secured it to his shoulders and looked for a source of fun. All he found was 'minesweeper'. What a rotten piece of work that was. He considered turning it over to an anti-mine coalition. Really, he was having an awful time. stripe happened to have a jazz 2 disc with him. Baeuman was appaled! :Why do I need to play this? It's nothing short of reality.: It was all true.

His batteries wiped out and he was done with that.

:Look, bear cubs!: yelled Bart. They all looked at them. Their paws looked cold. Monolith had an idea. He ran down to them and offered to sell then pairs of small loafers. They were furious with fury. And quite vulgar too, Monolith couldn't believe the string of hate being tied around him by the small bears. They had been offended apparently. He stepped away efficiently and they laughed and made obscene gestures. When Monolith turned around he looked ill. :Man, I thought you were supposed to be scared of the mother.: he dropped. He packed the loafers away.

GenEX in space was doing parlor tricks and juggling with the entire Tavern building. He had never thought of that before and what a good time it was.

Back on the surface again it still wasn't proving to be the great outdoors. Cheeze had an impending clever look on his face and said to the closest recipient .. :Maybe, we'll see a rabbit.: A large amount of space soon found its way around him as everyone moved away. Dino had a nice bucket of cans of pineapple slices but was without an opener. Masterfiend landed a molotov on the pile of cans and they sure did open, but with the burning, and the explosion, the contents had evaporated. Dino tried his hardest to ingest the air for the flavor.
'The fquist project' had grown peaceful in the realms of nature and was skipping rope with F.quist. Neither of them being teh conventional sort of fellows they were actually taking pieces of rope and tryin to skip them across a pond like rocks.

The planet was smiling happy but most everyone else was feeling deprived.

(Rocky)
Stuff is good.
(Cause we - eat lions?)
Kovu aka Alec

JCF Member

Kovu aka Alec is doing well so far

Mar 2, 2002, 08:13 AM
*Is confused* Recap anyone?

Beauman was apparently drunk or insane, as he had broke his laptop into a million pieces and with them, constructed something that vaugley resembled a table.
"COME! It's not too late! Bet on who will come back first! Bet who will come back last! Bet on if they'll all get lost! Bet! Bet, BET!" Beauman fell deeper into the smoking crater, completely smashing his laptop table.

Meanwhile, Kovu and Tour Guide enjoyed a grenade, having run out of non-grenade chocolate bunnies.
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Hareoic

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2002, 11:09 AM
You realise that as an evil character I can manipulate time and space as well as the entire universe to whatever I wish. (but maybe I can hint you on why I'm doing this in a riddle: My kittens are my prized possesions)

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 2, 2002, 12:32 PM
Sorry, Kovu.. I'm a ittle confused myself. Rocky keeps bringing in these characters from the past who have never been mentioned once in all the many pages of story. But here's what I can figure out.

Carrotus got mad at the 'Taverners for being indoors too much, so a lot of various beings went out on an outing. Slayer is carrying most of the packs, and either Ducky or Rocky is in charge. At the 'Tavern, Beauman is trying to get people to bet on various things the Outingers will do, and Stripe is also there.

Kovu got seperated from the main party, and met up with a Tour Guide, and they're exploring together. And none of the Outingers know very much about nature, Rocky being the wisest (though that's not saying much). And GenEX went off on his own with his kittens, stealing the 'Tavern in the process, into space, and plans to destroy the universe because some flowers told him to.

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2002, 01:35 PM
You control the whole universe, GenEX? What are you, god?
Sorry...*grabs fire extinguisher to put out any incoming flames*

Hmm, dispite things going on, it seems we've reached another plot rut. Help! I need some plot! Help! Not just any plot! Help! I really need some plot! Help! Help! HELP!
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Hareoic

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2002, 03:29 PM
You numbskulls!
(oops, oh well...)
Geez, it's obvious nobody has figured out my riddle. Of course, one word explains everything in there, so flowers have NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2002, 03:58 PM
Gen, as a moderator...

dude, you gotta listen to what the other people do too, and it's not very easy for us when your an all-powerful chap who can do whatever he wants. You gotta play by some of the rules too, okay?

"Look, man!" Rocky flung himself across a meadow. "It's a car!" He lanched himself into the sleek black and red thing and revved the motor. He scruffed up his hair and cracked his voice. "Hey man...do i look like Zeke?"

No one knew what he was talking about, so the few dudes who had been able to keep up sat in the car and didn't answer. It had only four seats, and they were all fighting over who got to twiddle the radio knob.
"Moderator's right," Ducky said, and swatted their paws away. Slay opened his mouth to argue that he had a bartender's right, but Batty cut in. "POWER ABUSE!" he bellowed noisily, and Rocky slammed the groovy sports car into 5th and they zoomed off in search of a place to hang out and look cool. Lithie scratched his nose and Bart's jacket zipper started zipping rapidly up and down. Rocky and Batty started a conversation about holy mufflers over Ducky, who was wedged in the front seat flipping through the stations.
"Why am I always the only girl on these expeditions?" she grouched, not comprehending at all how scarves could be sacred. Bon Jovi's My Life came on 92.9 and she started screeching along as they bounced through a bog.

Gen Ex started drop kicking the Tavern, but stopped when the lamp outside the door flew off. He glanced around guiltily and attempted to glue it back on with a gluestick.

....Hm.

Sorry. ^_^

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2002, 04:05 PM

I doubt I'd feel guilty.

(mutters how badly he failed to bring some seriousness and action to this thread

JCF Member

Mar 2, 2002, 05:22 PM
Dead white guys

Yeah, don't worry about some of the characters I throw in, I'm just more used to writing about them than some of whoever's been in the other 27 pages of this one. My additions aren't supposed to be anything to follow just for a good read. ^_^

Actually maybe you want to know hwo those folks are? That might make up for what little ideas I have.

Dethman - Cmon we remember him, the old 'legend' figure. In these stories he usually had a large sword and was black and red or something (Like that matters.) He was depicted as powerful and well known, because he was.

Cheeze - He's still here, I usually threw him in more because I know him, as the war tavern character he was a quirky guy who liked eating, women, liquor, and was a slacker.

Admael - Don't forget about Admael, she used to run the forum.
She was like eight feet tall and was a 'mage' so she could cast spells and that sort. Her personality was as it is, all pleasant, smart and clever with words.

Bart - Isn't he still around? Bart is used for fun and gags and things because his personality was much like that of the simpsons' bart. Good for spontaneous ideas.

Speedy - Is still here, I remembered about him because he just wrote a story down in this very forum. That's really about it, I only used him as a name, he was usually clever and fast paced.

Baeuman - He used to write a lot himself and had lots of robots and starcraft refernces and junk. He ended up having himself come up with huge mechanical robots and no one knew where he got them. (Good for a fix up, like Admael)

Masterfiend - Again someone else I knew and he's not important to the storyline. He likes fire and explosions, and I remember him having tusks and eating meat a good deal.

Jazzy - Used to write a lot too. He was generally a 'cool' character and did a lot of action stuff.

Steel Talon - A fun action, conflict character, he's still around. He was in the 'black wolves' clan with Merlin and Dethman so was generally depicted like them with the powerful and high rank sort of appeal.

Haze - Isn't he still here too? He was just a regular guy and built a large hotel onto the end of the tavern. He wrote a lot here.

Bluez - The old bartender (It seems like it's someone else now) with dark shades and blue fur. Did a lot of action stuff in his own stories but in this setting had a way with words and was very collected. He made himself related to Jazz or something so he was quite a popular guy.

Telemachaus - I didn't really want to use him, he was a midget character who dressed in classy suits and was able to add onto the tavern (Like televisions, rooms) rather instantaneously with sorcery, but he payed for it by stealing money right out of everyone's pockets.

Dino - Another old story guy, of course being purple and looks like Spaz, but a rounder face. He was a spontaneous guy and also enjoyed eating pineapples. Lots of random speaking from him.

Those are the old characters I keep bringing up. I also used Ducky, genEX so far.. ^_^

***If you want, do this with the new characters I missed here and we'd all be better off.

Wait, how about rocky?

Rocky - I don't like writing about him so much as he's my character but he was good. He eats donuts and has short ears. He isn't a raccoon. He's a lazy bum, sort of. Not one to not let his opinion be known. Takes a lot of hits for it.

---

Kovu was dead sick of nature by now, and decided to shoot at things. He rocketed a shot into the sky with a rather strong charge to it, and for the sake of plot, grew faster through space and created a large wave around it. As it shot past GenEX (Only because he wants us to, otherwise this is rather coincidental), his kittens were swept away with it, but with healthy space suits for the sake of their lives.

When the shot finally came back to him (Judging by the remarkable coincidences already) the speed of the shot must have grown rather fast and mr. Einstien proved right, they had all grown into large adult cats, their space suits bursting at the seams.

---

Looks like he wanted us to do that, the first part anyways. And I used kovu ^_^.

(Rocky)
Stuff is good.

JCF Éminence Grise

Mar 3, 2002, 12:25 AM
GenEX - guess what.. the last plot was so serious no one could comphrehend it! Which is why we had to get rid of it with a Time Machine, so it never happened. It's the Star Trek: Voyager principle.

Rocky - I know who all of those characters are (except the midget that I forgot the name of), it's just they're Old timers who aren't here anymore. Except Beauman. He's one of the "Four", as I call it.

Kovu - I'm working on it.

GenEX again - I agree with Ducky. Play by the rules, not that there are any. UNWRITTEN LAWS. Things that ought to be obvious.

"Wheeeee!" cried Rocky, having driven the cool car straight through a construction site. Batty Buddy wrote down "Construction Site" in his list of clues to what planet they might be on, bringing it to a total of three. Ducky, on the other hand, was too busy blissfully listening and joining in to/with the "music" erupting from the very large speakers, causing Slayer to hide his head under the pile of Packs he had taken into the car with him.

"Hey, where did the Expedition Leaders go?" asked Speedy, curiously. DDay shrugged, and BBoy tried to get drunk on pollen.
"They went off in a spiffy car, along with Slayer and Batty Buddy, stealing most of our packs in the process." said Fire Sword, as he had been paying attention.
"Oh.. what about Kovu?"
"He vanished a while back. Probably sniffed a flower too close and started seeing stars and wings on antelopes and everything."
BBoy quickly ran over to another flower and started sniffing it.
"And where did GenEX go?"
"He was having some brain damage, so he ran away with his kittens."
"So we're really without any big form of authority?" asked Bart, doing various card tricks.
"I guess so.." said Monolith, doing his best to remain idle and still scratch an itch.
"PARTY!" screamed BBoy, picking a boquet of flowers and shoving it into Mono's face, who quickly began rolling on the ground shouting something about bugs.
"Party, yes. Here, no." said Admael, acting the very model of someone who used to be in charge and still acts that way some times. "We go back to the War Tavern, and party there."
"Yshay!" cried BBoy.

"Meow?" said one of GenEX's grown up Kittens.
"HOW ADORABLE!" cried Kovu, crouching, and hitting the Tour Guide in the face with a tree limb which he had been holding back so the Tour Guide could past. Not noticing, Kovu began to fall under the same spell the kittens had worked on GenEX when they were younger. His eyes began to glow red, and he said "Mwahaha!" every three words or so.

GenEX suddenly snapped out of it. What was he doing, up in Space, with a large Tavern building, playing football with it, aiming a giant laser at an entire solar system? He couldn't really remember anything after falling out of the Sky on Tubelectric. Had it been Tubelectric? There had been ostriches.. Wait a minute.. "Ack!" cried GenEX. "I'm up in space without a oxegen mask! That's even worse then being up the river without a paddle! How am I doing this, anyway?"
After some experimentation, GenEX figured out that he could breath in space. He also had some mighty cool psychic powers. So to be nice, he sent the 'Tavern back to where it belonged, then went flying off in search of adventures elsewhere. Besides, he was probably late for work. Did he have a job?

"I like Jazz 2.." said stripe mournfully, looking as Beauman sunk deeper and deeper into the crater. He now seemed intent on reconstructing his Laptop again.
A rabbit walked sleepily up to Beauman, and thwapped him not so briskly with some lettuce. "Hey, Beauman.. *yawn* where's my money? I bet that... that...... *yawn* that Speedy would get back first.. and he *yawn* did... *gazawk*" said the rabbit, kind of falling asleep on Beauman's shoulder. Beau had gotten the general message, however, and leaped out of the crater in a single bound, to shake the hand of Speedy. "Congratulations! You just won the free prize of a pat on the back, for getting back the fastest!" So saying, Beauman gave Speedy a thump on the back, so that he fell into the crate, breaking the Laptop that Beauman had almost finished reassembling.
"Hey, what's that?" asked Stripe. Beauman quickly looked up. The War Tavern was returning, and at a high speed. "JUMP FOR COVER!" cried someone, waking up long enough to do so, and most of them fled for cover. But Speedy and the sleepy rabbit - along with a few rabbits who had thought it was cover - were still underneath the War Tavern when it landed with a satisfying "CRUNCH".

"THE WHEELS ON A CAR GO ROUND AND ROUND!" screamed Rocky madly. Driving a car was doing something to him, BB decided, and quickly took the wheel from the rabbit, who was now singing nursery rhymes to Slayer, who was still hiding under the packs.

JCF Member

Mar 3, 2002, 07:29 AM
"Uhm..." The Tavern Crater peeps and the Outing/Partay peeps(who had just returned for there partay) stared blankly at the destroyed and annihilated from of the post re-entry War Tavern.
"D'ya think it's stable?" Beauman asked.
"I dunno..." Rocky replied. Admael slowly approached it, reaching out for the black-charred doorknob. Then, the very instant she touched it, the Tavern collapsed, then exploded, into a flaming volley of flying very fat wood and brick and metal and alcohol.
Lot's o' alcohol, raining down.
"That's not good..." Beau commented, then turned on his cell phone to call Super Speedy Scrap Co.

Not two hours later, a squad of large, burly otters came by with a truck and piled the scrap into there truck.
"Gimme!" Ducky shouted.
"No way! This is Super Speedy property now!" The otter retorted, as the two of them tugged over the still relatively unscathed cherry table.

"How much did they give us, Beau?" Addie asked. Beau finished counting the wad of bills in his hands.
"3,000 Cr for all that scrap."
"How much will that get us?" Bboy asked.
"Uhm...let's see." Beau did some figuring, then awnsered.
"The beer taps and two chairs!"

"Kill, kill, kill, Mwahaha, Kill, kill, kill, Mwahaa." Kovu chanted, now in new Evil Garbtm with his Evil Piketm from an earlier adventure, along with an Evil Armytm and his Evil Kittens no tm with them, he would rule the world!
"I will rule, Mwaha, the world, yes, Mwaha!"
-Kosh, Babylon 5
Hareoic

JCF Member

Mar 3, 2002, 09:49 AM
*is absolutely furious with Unknown*

Grrr... IT WASN'T MY KITTENS, OR THE FLOWERS, OR ANY OF THE TAVERNERS! Nobody figured out my clue, so I'll spoil the whole thing for you: I am POSESSED! By an old arch nemesis who is in My Story. The ruler of the universe! Ryu! The dragon! And now, look at this, I was going to make it an epic quest to defeat Ryu, and now you say it was my kittens? MY KITTENS DIDN'T DO IT! PERIOD!

*cuddles his kittens, murmuring how mean everybody was to suspect them as the plot resumes where it was before Unknown posted*

JCF Member

Mar 3, 2002, 09:51 AM
Exclamation

YOUR EVIL kittens?

They are MY NOT-EVIL KITTENS!

*tackles kovu and pounds him with his fists*

JCF Member

Mar 3, 2002, 11:08 AM
Clean up time

Rather than erase everything else that happened in the fine additions from Kovu and mr. Unknown Rabbit let's make a second cut of a few events.

---
As kovu's shot rockets past GenEX as well as removing his pet kittens the force of it also evicts Ryu's evil spirit from his soul, making him whatever he was before.

The cats then are evil in later parts because they aren't neutered? Sure, why not. Admael noticies this and rather than do the operation performs a mind altering spell and they are no longer grumpy, evil, and that sort, which I suppose they were only after they grew up.
---

Wilds confusing to figure out what you meant when you mentioned kittens when you meant us to see supreme dragon ruler. ^_^''

(Rocky)
Mmm, stuff is good.