Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   JazzJackrabbit Community Forums » Open Forums » The Art & Fiction Forum

An older story, a different style, an epic adventure to last a while.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Batty Buddy is doing well so far

Apr 19, 2003, 12:44 PM
An older story, a different style, an epic adventure to last a while.

Que Passa!!!!

Ok, I need to tell you, a while back (6 years to be exact) when I hadn't yet really developed the style of artwork I use now, I started a REALLY BIG COMIC STORY(I predicted that it would probably take me a minimum of 15 pages to tell it all). In fact, I never finished it- only got as far as halfway down page 8(I got stuck on how Ms. Leleb can hide from Elop and Zattle- a pole cat and a tazmanian devil who have been trying to find and kill her for quite a while.) and as my style changed, and I actually tried to pick it up again, none of the stuff I added looked to match the stuff I had done already.
Anyway, I desided to at least try, so I'm starting over from scratch- redrawing all the stuff I drew before, maybe adding a thing or two.
But, just for posterity, I thought I'd display the old stuff before I start this thing over again, for those of you interested in how far I've changed.

I'm REALLY SORRY for people like Radium, but to view this particular comic, you MUST enter Side 7... It's far too big to display all four pages that I've uploaded so far on one thread. And I'm sorry for people with bad eyesite, but some of the words may be hard to read due to size reduction.

http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/D....pl?INO=259720
(Page one: the titlebar is blank, but I was planning on putting a picture there.)
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/D....pl?INO=259721
(Page two: It's smaller, but hopefully you can make out the words.)
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/D....pl?INO=259723
(Page three: Also small. And yes, that IS a coyote and a roadrunner facing off in the upper right panel)
http://www.side7.com/cgi-bin/S7SDB/D....pl?INO=259725
(Page four: Small again This is as far as I could go with the limited number of uploads rule.)

Edit: Oh, and if any of you wonder what LaCross is, it's kind of like Hockey mixed with soccor, only instead of sticks you use to hit the ball, you have sticks with nets that you use to catch the ball. Touching the ball with your feet or hands (Or in this case, wings)is not allowed.

"I must be the personification of the rage to live,
hit me, dunk me, insult me, I'll still hang in there...

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
Even though I had to cheat... Thank you, The Cheat.
(RIP William Hanna)
"I claim Page 4 in the name of my sexy female self."
-Radium.

Last edited by Batty Buddy; Apr 19, 2003 at 01:00 PM.

JCF Éminence Grise

Fawriel is doing well so far

Apr 19, 2003, 01:05 PM
A very nice story, yeah...
THe text is very hard to read, tho...='

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Apr 19, 2003, 04:24 PM
Re: An older story, a different style, an epic adventure to last a while.

Quote:
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
I'm REALLY SORRY for people like Radium, but to view this particular comic, you MUST enter Side 7.
Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for my Netscape6.2.

Nice comic, but it is a little hard to read. I like the plot, you should try starting your own webcomic or something =P.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.
Anaiyu

JCF Member

Anaiyu is doing well so far

Apr 19, 2003, 05:43 PM
!!!! Side7 !!!! GRAHH!

LKHDFKLNAS;FGNAS;FGN,ADNF'A;EDGN,DASGJ[SAEL;'DFGMA';D'LGJSD,JG;SDGLJSDGJV;SDLGM,.SC;BUOES JLJYH;SDLJHMB,;D.HJB;PSE'TJUHMPRST'IUYJH[O;DFLMNHBG-S3E4986-59OYJHK;LGBJNMXED9-RUGYHK;LEDTYJH-E496IOYU;LGJHN/F,BGMNOP458704OPU;LJG;HNIJTGFU9-8E4=5[ULS
thKFTG[U9I56=098IU[PY;'KJTY60UI956=[PUKJG;FJK-9[DR6I8UO LRTJKH[D'ROPTFIUKL;DRU[JTYP';UJKHG;JIOT0=[UIPJ;[LG'HKJFT-0UYIO[YP'KJNPGHUKE56P;UIGF[]-CPOUJ';DFLJKD0R[TUI;/DFXGJKP'DRTIU[DRFJTH[DRI6KU;LNJK0[]-CRFTIYU'RYGKJU'F;GNK[TFUKASHF,ASBHFLASGFMBWE9856Y23VITRHBLDABHFVGOWEUTY HWEJLHGALSDJHFLKASHBFGLAYSDTR80Y328956YEWIOJFHJALK SDVHAKDYT8WOEYHTJ,HADSUIOFGYWEILTHEAD8OFG6YW4IOTBG UKADOYVFIWOELSHBTGFADKOYG WRLEHTYGES87T34OLHYOISDFYGUKLDRHUOWERTYHGJKDSBGVUI 9AW4Y5TRJKSDBGVIUOSDRHFJKLSDAHGUIOPASRHBTJLOSDYFGV KLSREHTG90SERHTNGgsdgsdgsdgsthsgdhsSDGHFSHDFTJHTJS DSHFDJR6JCVNXCGHYHDFJDJDZJGD DF
OSDZUGW4KLRTYHG09S8ERU654WIOPGUSIPEDHNFGZDLXYG8OWR HTDLFHBGU SADOHTGLKFDSYG89SEO5HTYIOERYGOUIE5HTOGIFDP7GYUP3WI 5JHY0PDR9FRG7UIOWERIHYG80DFYGKLGBU89DUYSKL
DRXHFGIOPDXRYTIOP;235763574TWEPFJQWEP;978TY6PWRJHG B;SLDZGHILRKTHWAEYIRTQWL
8O0yhdilWYR90Uhoi7r9pUJ;hOIUTY8oh]PFYK8IJ'YN-=R56PO8KUJ[TOP YIUJKN.GKBHJ;OTYKP'TYJIP[TYKJ';LYK'[TDG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!11111111111

Very cute comics, though! The writing wasn't all too hard to read. Are you going to color them eventually?

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Apr 19, 2003, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anaiyu
!!!! Side7 !!!! GRAHH!

LKHDFKLNAS;FGNAS;FGN,ADNF'A;EDGN,DASGJ[SAEL;'DFGMA';D'LGJSD,JG;SDGLJSDGJV;SDLGM,.SC;BUOES JLJYH;SDLJHMB,;D.HJB;PSE'TJUHMPRST'IUYJH[O;DFLMNHBG-S3E4986-59OYJHK;LGBJNMXED9-RUGYHK;LEDTYJH-E496IOYU;LGJHN/F,BGMNOP458704OPU;LJG;HNIJTGFU9-8E4=5[ULS
thKFTG[U9I56=098IU[PY;'KJTY60UI956=[PUKJG;FJK-9[DR6I8UO LRTJKH[D'ROPTFIUKL;DRU[JTYP';UJKHG;JIOT0=[UIPJ;[LG'HKJFT-0UYIO[YP'KJNPGHUKE56P;UIGF[]-CPOUJ';DFLJKD0R[TUI;/DFXGJKP'DRTIU[DRFJTH[DRI6KU;LNJK0[]-CRFTIYU'RYGKJU'F;GNK[TFUKASHF,ASBHFLASGFMBWE9856Y23VITRHBLDABHFVGOWEUTY HWEJLHGALSDJHFLKASHBFGLAYSDTR80Y328956YEWIOJFHJALK SDVHAKDYT8WOEYHTJ,HADSUIOFGYWEILTHEAD8OFG6YW4IOTBG UKADOYVFIWOELSHBTGFADKOYG WRLEHTYGES87T34OLHYOISDFYGUKLDRHUOWERTYHGJKDSBGVUI 9AW4Y5TRJKSDBGVIUOSDRHFJKLSDAHGUIOPASRHBTJLOSDYFGV KLSREHTG90SERHTNGgsdgsdgsdgsthsgdhsSDGHFSHDFTJHTJS DSHFDJR6JCVNXCGHYHDFJDJDZJGD DF
OSDZUGW4KLRTYHG09S8ERU654WIOPGUSIPEDHNFGZDLXYG8OWR HTDLFHBGU SADOHTGLKFDSYG89SEO5HTYIOERYGOUIE5HTOGIFDP7GYUP3WI 5JHY0PDR9FRG7UIOWERIHYG80DFYGKLGBU89DUYSKL
DRXHFGIOPDXRYTIOP;235763574TWEPFJQWEP;978TY6PWRJHG B;SLDZGHILRKTHWAEYIRTQWL
8O0yhdilWYR90Uhoi7r9pUJ;hOIUTY8oh]PFYK8IJ'YN-=R56PO8KUJ[TOP YIUJKN.GKBHJ;OTYKP'TYJIP[TYKJ';LYK'[TDG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!11111111111
I couldn't've put it better.

<i>"This picture shows me that the gray bird man is just a bully and picks on smaller birds. Just because he has no friends and takes it out on others smaller than him to look good. I can see in the parrats eyes that it does however have a understanding of the gray bird man and is upset about getting cut."</i> - Speeza on cartoon birds.

JCF Member

Hare has disabled reputation

Apr 20, 2003, 12:48 AM
He said POLECAT! WAhahahahaha! *angels sing* You just said da magic woid!

*a skunk jumps out of a bush and smooches Batty B. on the lips*

*meanwhile a parade marches by, holding a banner with the word "Polecat" written across it.*

"Okay. I'm Understand" - burnout92

JCF Member

Apr 20, 2003, 01:00 AM
Heh, now everyone will be afraid of using the word, "Polecat".

I really liked the comic, a lot. Really good. What was your inspiration(s)?

Btw, Could you have a poll sometime for your best signature art? Then people can vote for their favorite, and you can put the winner in your signature? My favorite is the Trix rabbit parody, but I haven't seen a lot of your signature pieces (because I haven't been around).

Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Captain Spam has disabled reputation

Apr 20, 2003, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hare
Btw, Could you have a poll sometime for your best signature art? Then people can vote for their favorite, and you can put the winner in your signature? My favorite is the Trix rabbit parody, but I haven't seen a lot of your signature pieces (because I haven't been around).
Silly me, I just have my options set to hide everyone's sigs. Oops. :-)

Batty Buddy: Chicago, Michigan? :-)

I especially like how you pitted the birds against the mammals and in the end of the legends had a bat save the day. Clever storywriting. Got a nifty children's story thing going on. Keep going, I say. Can't wait to see how this'll turn out.

The Dementia of Magic
... Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Apr 21, 2003, 08:17 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Actually, that was a REAL LEGEND(Hmm... That sounds like an oxymoron.) The moral behind it was that even the smallest can be helpful (In the origional story, the bat is at first shunned by BOTH sides because they didn't think that such a small creature could be helpful, but the otter ends up talking his fellow beasts into allowing the bat on their team.)
And it's in Chicago, cause that was the region the legend origionally came from(Or so I've read.).
(Anyway, I HAVE started on redrawing the story- including the title picture I never drew, and to make it easier to read, each new page will be two thirds of the origional. I'll let you know when I have caught up with myself. And I guess I'll try to color them.)

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
Proud to be the 100th, 600th, 666th, and 1000th poster in the "Slime the Poster above you" thread...
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.

JCF Member

Apr 21, 2003, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Batty Buddy
...but the otter ends up talking his fellow beasts into allowing the bat on their team...
Otters are so nice .

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project. Good quality work.

Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Apr 22, 2003, 10:53 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hare
He said POLECAT! WAhahahahaha! *angels sing* You just said da magic woid!

*a skunk jumps out of a bush and smooches Batty B. on the lips*

*meanwhile a parade marches by, holding a banner with the word "Polecat" written across it.*
By the way, I forgot to mention one thing about the Polecat and Tazmainian Devil combo that I particularly like:

They are a guessing game. They wear matching sunglasses, and I never refer to either of them using male or female pronouns. Since the only guarenteed way to tell a character of mine's gender is in the eyes(Its true, take a look at some of them.) the two of them have no deturminable gender.
Honestly, only I, and possibly some of the characters, know what their genders are, but anyone willing to take a guess can.

Of course, their reason for killing Ms. L is ALSO a guessing game...

Finally, the first couple of pages of the story are done and only need to be uploaded. If you want to follow along, a banner will appear in my sig shortly with links to the pages I have compleated.
When that happens, I hope you enjoy it. /\/\

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.
Captain Spam

Retired administrator

Apr 22, 2003, 11:29 AM
Er... Batty, could you post a link in this thread, too? I browse the forums with sigs off. :-)

The Dementia of Magic
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

Apr 22, 2003, 02:27 PM
Que Passa!!!!

Sure thing, Spam.

Page 1|Page 2|Page 3|Page 4|Page 5|Page 6|Page 7|Page 8|Page 9|Page 10|Page 11Page 12Page 13|Page 14

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.

Last edited by Batty Buddy; May 7, 2003 at 08:48 AM.
Sun Fun Dude

JCF Member

Sun Fun Dude has disabled reputation

May 3, 2003, 03:44 AM
Cool I love this comic I hope to see more of it soon!

Retired administrator

May 3, 2003, 04:23 AM
Sure it's not Chicago, Illinois? I don't think there's a Chicago in this ol' state of mine... :-)

Excellent comic so far, Batty. Can't wait to see more. I swear, your style just flows so smoothly... Methinks it's the smallish cartoony detail you add to everything that really sets it apart.

The Dementia of Magic
Batty Buddy

JCF Member

May 5, 2003, 08:35 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Don't worry you guy's, I have no plans to stop with the story.
/\/\
(I may take a break to draw other things so that I don't get artistic lockjaw, for want of a better term, but it's a story I really want to finish because... Well, I'm just as interested as YOU are as to what happens next. /\/\)

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.
Sun Fun Dude

JCF Member

Sun Fun Dude has disabled reputation

May 6, 2003, 10:10 PM
Um you know sometimes its kind of hard to tell Mat apart from Miss Leleb.

JCF Member

May 7, 2003, 08:22 AM
Que Passa!!!!

Yeah, sorry about that- in the first ever picture I did of Ms. Leleb, she looked extreamly different from Mat, but she took far too long to draw. But THEY can tell each other apart, at least.
/\/\
(Kind of like Mickey and Minnie Mouse. If it hadn't been for their clothes, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference either.)

Just so you know, Ms. Leleb has female eyes, more hair, and usually wears a leaf on her back, with the stem tied around her neck.(Unless she's using it for something else.)

And in color pictures Ms. Leleb is light grey... er... I mean off-white(It's a running gag.)

...I wonder why..."
-Howard the Duck
(RIP William Hanna)
-Radium.

Last edited by Batty Buddy; May 7, 2003 at 08:37 AM.